Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which TK devt is still considered a value-buy now?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    He's talking abt 1km within Tao Nan mah. Coralis is one of the decent projects that has livable units. Those MM types dun count lah.
    i am toking about capital appreciation from last yr bottom till now for apts in TK....which i tink is laggard

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i am toking about capital appreciation from last yr bottom till now for apts in TK....which i tink is laggard
    For the property price to drop, the people living/owning the apartments here must be willing to sell at a much lower price and the potential buyer must refuse to buy even if there are further development plans around here.

So, Bullman, last offer on behalf of the poor penguin -> $700psf for your flat in 2012 okay? I'm sure you won't want to live there anymore once the cinema comes up next door right? too noisy.

Ok ok u r the TK expert I irrevocably withdraw my statement that TK is peakish

... Although MMs in TK at 1200 does not help penguin. He needs a home for real.

TK Lor N prices still ok la...everywhr is expensive now...even geylang apts had appreciated this yr....

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...e-the-ambrosia

duno genuine ad anot...but below 1100psf sounds ok for me

another one...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ale-the-lucent

ard 1kpsf for BUC/brandnew ok mah? boutique apts is like dat de...valuations usually lags behind one...unless tat projects got many MM units which got more transactions
    Last edited by devilplate; 28-11-10 at 21:43.

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    For the property price to drop, the people living/owning the apartments here must be willing to sell at a much lower price and the potential buyer must refuse to buy even if there are further development plans around here.

So, Bullman, last offer on behalf of the poor penguin -> $700psf for your flat in 2012 okay? I'm sure you won't want to live there anymore once the cinema comes up next door right? too noisy.
    I bid $701psf.. Please dun fight with me, I promise to share my profit with you after I offload it..

Quote Originally Posted by shauntanzs
    I bid $701psf.. Please dun fight with me, I promise to share my profit with you after I offload it..
    very soon, 701psf cannot even buy geylang apts liao

I think some ppl will think $701psf is still too high! Nevermind. Let's all wait and wait and wait and wait. Perhaps people won't buy anymore apartments next year despite a possibility of huge bonuses awarded across the board. Perhaps all the foreigners will leave suddenly (for India?), and there will be fire sales everywhere. Hopefully the price drops after MRT comes up in 10 year's time. Hope hope hope.

Human nature lah.. They hope Korea war happen n price start to drop.. Even if price drop, they will start comparing the price still ex vs 2003 and wait for it to drop further. Before they knew it, price shoot back up again n hit all time high again. I once listened to an agent who said this. Those who see n wait will always see n wait. Those we dare to commit moves up with the majority.. Valid? To each individual opinon.. 50% analysis 50% heng suay lah..

Human nature lah.. They hope Korea war happen n price start to drop.. Even if price drop, they will start comparing the price still ex vs 2003 and wait for it to drop further. Before they knew it, price shoot back up again n hit all time high again. I once listened to an agent who said this. Those who see n wait will always see n wait. Those we dare to commit moves up with the majority.. Valid? To each individual opinon.. 50% analysis 50% heng suay lah..
    You are so right!! I read this book by Adam Khoo in June this year. He taught many ways to invest and concluded that even if we still do not know enough of the investment instruments, just buy the STI index because he predicted it will keep going up until the next crash which is not likely to be within the next few years. AND YET I DIDN'T BUY! STI index went up by so much over the last 2 quarters.

You are so right!! I read this book by Adam Khoo in June this year. He taught many ways to invest and concluded that even if we still do not know enough of the investment instruments, just buy the STI index because he predicted it will keep going up until the next crash which is not likely to be within the next few years. AND YET I DIDN'T BUY! STI index went up by so much over the last 2 quarters.
    STI ETF....got dividend somemore...haha...

STI ETF....got dividend somemore...haha...

I admit. I am one of those who wait and see, and see and wait.

very soon, 701psf cannot even buy geylang apts liao
    geylang cant get loan for certain lorongs, Its more like cant loan much.

When everyone wants to buy at the next condo launch, you know that we are near the peak already

In other words, Penguin should hope that people like Bullman will sell his Coralis suddenly in 2012 at a much cheaper price say... $1,000psf? hehehe

Bullman, will you accept this generous offer in 2012?
    Wow that is indeed an excellent offer. However, I will wait till katong mall completes, ERL marine parade station is confirmed and the launch of ex paramount hotel before i sell it for even lower.

Anyway, as the devil highlighted, there is an increasing price gap between TK/tembeling and the marine parade/ amber area. If you want value buys, should check out the koon seng/ pulasan road area. I mentioned this earlier in the year. In fact i bought something there before I went for my trip with a 6% yield. I think you can get like 900-1100 psf over there. Depending on how you bargain.

I am not planning to stay there. I bought 2 units of 2 br of 807 sqft. Too small for my family and me. Will be keeping for rental. Based on my high purchase price of 1400+ psf, the yield is 5% at best. Looking more at capital appreciation play here.

Coralis is a nice devt, but I feel still too pricey. Im looking at 900+psf at most for a decent sized 3-bedder. Anything higher, I think I might as well consider a small inter-terrace. Im not sure if my thinking is right, I feel this way has the best chance for future capital appreciation. After all, as what the others say, I'm prepared to move along with my boy's school as he grows.

Reason why I won't consider anything along or above the 1000+psf mark is cos I feel not very worth paying so much for small boutique devts. If it is a decent size project with full facilities like Coralis, Parc Seabreeze, then that's different of course. But TK are mostly boutique devts, which I don't really foresee much capital gains if I buy at today's asking prices. I'm not sure if Im right about it though..

devilplate,

I actually like The Lucent, esp the private jacuzzi. Are all the unit's living rooms facing the other block's living room? (which I thought I saw fr the floor plan) If yes, then how can the jacuzzi be 'private'? Also, last yr 1259sqft unit transacted at 852psf...you mean now it's worth to get The Lucent at almost 1K psf (1.3+m)? Im really skeptical that a 1324sqft unit can sell for 1.4m or higher in future should I wish to sell it after 3yrs.

And speaking abt Geylang, I feel the location is actually quite good...so central and near to so many mrt. But Geylang's psf will always be lower than the surrounding (without Geylang's address) due to the stigma in pple's minds. Just like Joo Chiat vs TK. I feel cannot compare these 2 areas and expect prices to match.

hyenergix,

Last quarter of 2009 many pple were also rushing in at new condo launches, but prices also didnt peak then. In fact, from end of 2009 till now, I think prices rose quite a lot already. So I think it's hard to predict now. Really a gamble, thats why must take calculated risks.

Quote Originally Posted by penguin
    devilplate,

I actually like The Lucent, esp the private jacuzzi. Are all the unit's living rooms facing the other block's living room? (which I thought I saw fr the floor plan) If yes, then how can the jacuzzi be 'private'? Also, last yr 1259sqft unit transacted at 852psf...you mean now it's worth to get The Lucent at almost 1K psf (1.3+m)? Im really skeptical that a 1324sqft unit can sell for 1.4m or higher in future should I wish to sell it after 3yrs.

And speaking abt Geylang, I feel the location is actually quite good...so central and near to so many mrt. But Geylang's psf will always be lower than the surrounding (without Geylang's address) due to the stigma in pple's minds. Just like Joo Chiat vs TK. I feel cannot compare these 2 areas and expect prices to match.
    if lucent last yr transacted at 852psf and now only 1kpsf...den ITS A STEAL...super laggard...do u noe how much other areas had gone up? haha

inter terrace(landed), landed prices had gone up the most from last yr bottom! especially those inter terrace(small land) land psf is almost similar to the boutique apts psf....wow

i m not promoting TK as laggard in prices doesnt mean a good buy...cheap can be cheaper! but u goto be realistic....if u cannot accept brandnew projects in TK at 1-1.1kpsf....den i doubt other areas u can accept....

cant accept the current prices....just dun buy....u can take a gamble for prices to fall within 1-2yrs den u will be a winner.... (i waited from sept 2007 till march 2009)

btw, u can try to shop a unit in geylang now and u will not buy either

if lucent last yr transacted at 852psf and now only 1kpsf...den ITS A STEAL...super laggard...do u noe how much other areas had gone up? haha

inter terrace(landed), landed prices had gone up the most from last yr bottom! especially those inter terrace(small land) land psf is almost similar to the boutique apts psf....wow

i m not promoting TK as laggard in prices doesnt mean a good buy...cheap can be cheaper! but u goto be realistic....if u cannot accept brandnew projects in TK at 1-1.1kpsf....den i doubt other areas u can accept....

cant accept the current prices....just dun buy....u can take a gamble for prices to fall within 1-2yrs den u will be a winner.... (i waited from sept 2007 till march 2009)

btw, u can try to shop a unit in geylang now and u will not buy either
    Don't think Geylang is within 1km from Tao Nan School.... maybe the boy's future is no longer important!

devilplate,

Im not referring to last yr's bottom. I meant lucent 3-bedder transacted at 852psf at last yr's peak (dec 09), and now they are asking 1k psf. You feel it's still laggard? hmm... u must be rich.

Anyway, I am looking at resale units as I think that is still within my reach (don't wanna overstretch. I know my own limits). I hope to get a condo with abt 40-50 units and above, not too small. I know there are still old condos (probably 5-8yrs) asking 800psf, which is my budget for a decent sized 3-bedder, but I need to slowly fish them out. I am just seeking forumers' advice here on which devt (1km within Tao Nan) that they think is a good location, nice to stay, and still asking near last transacted prices.

Geylang is near Kong Hwa Pri which is also a rather good school, u know? But I wont stay in Geylang due to the environment reasons, plus messy, heavy traffic and too many one-way streets.

Best buy - The Sound by FEO

Geylang is near Kong Hwa Pri which is also a rather good school, u know? But I wont stay in Geylang due to the environment reasons, plus messy, heavy traffic and too many one-way streets.
    of coz i noe as i got vested interest in tat area...lol

devilplate,

Im not referring to last yr's bottom. I meant lucent 3-bedder transacted at 852psf at last yr's peak (dec 09), and now they are asking 1k psf. You feel it's still laggard? hmm... u must be rich.

Anyway, I am looking at resale units as I think that is still within my reach (don't wanna overstretch. I know my own limits). I hope to get a condo with abt 40-50 units and above, not too small. I know there are still old condos (probably 5-8yrs) asking 800psf, which is my budget for a decent sized 3-bedder, but I need to slowly fish them out. I am just seeking forumers' advice here on which devt (1km within Tao Nan) that they think is a good location, nice to stay, and still asking near last transacted prices.
    u just sold ur place? den whr u putting up now?

Yes just sold our place...have been in USA since Oct and will be there for 2yrs due to work posting. That's why Im considering whether to buy now, 2010 or just wait till end of 2012. Judging from your comments, I don't think you will buy any units now, am I right?

If a 3-bedder in a low-rise devt transacted in Aug 2010 at 950psf for a 1200sqft unit (1.14m), how much would you bargain for a 3-bedder, 1700sqft unit in the same project? (considering out of 1700sqft, probably only 1300+ is built-in area).

devilplate,

I like this one:
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ale-coastarina

But I am not sure if other units are asking 900psf (or thereabouts). This is freehold somemore, and only about 4, 5 years old. I like the fact that it does not belong to that stretch with small buildings sandwiched together. It is in the middle of both Tao Nan School and Siglap, which also has upside potential. You should check this out!

Instead of TK, one should consider St Patrick area, which is within walking distance to TNS.

I personally perfer St Patrick area, project like Grand Duchess, 600m to TNS, a much better value than any project in TK.

One consideration perhaps is to find a place within walking distance, as school bus is getting more expensive and did not cater for CCA timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Instead of TK, one should consider St Patrick area, which is within walking distance to TNS.

I personally perfer St Patrick area, project like Grand Duchess, 600m to TNS, a much better value than any project in TK.

One consideration perhaps is to find a place within walking distance, as school bus is getting more expensive and did not cater for CCA timing.
    i tink grand duchess is out of penguin's budget.....she oredi say overstretched for 1kpsf

her budget shd be around 1.2mil