Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nin Residences (D13 99LH 219-units)

Quote Originally Posted by 5577
    Was at Nin just now.The low floor 3 br is selling at approximately 1.5mil!

I wasn't impressed by the kitchen at all. It was too narrow and the dry kitchen is just not practical. Only saving grace is that the fittings are better than 8@w.

Although the unit size is a good 15sqm bigger, I think most of it went to the 2 balconies in the master bedroom and living room, and the 2 zircon ledges.

But I must say the master bedroom's walk in wardrobe and shower fittings are nice. Only thing is the glass wall of the bathroom is still an issue for me. Imagine having to frost the glass or install blinds just so that you can feel at ease when sitting on the throne.
    i tink they up quite a lot from their preview prices? was told about 1050-1100psf for 3bedders during preview..now 12xxpsf?

Must also go down and look-see look-see.

I wasn't impressed by the kitchen at all. It was too narrow and the dry kitchen is just not practical. Only saving grace is that the fittings are better than 8@w.

Although the unit size is a good 15sqm bigger, I think most of it went to the 2 balconies in the master bedroom and living room, and the 2 zircon ledges.

But I must say the master bedroom's walk in wardrobe and shower fittings are nice. Only thing is the glass wall of the bathroom is still an issue for me. Imagine having to frost the glass or install blinds just so that you can feel at ease when sitting on the throne.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Must also go down and look-see look-see.
    Can go now. Not crowded at all.

I was told that 3 buyers pulled out of the low floor 3 br and the developer is holding it for release later.

No need to rush now lor.

I was told that 3 buyers pulled out of the low floor 3 br and the developer is holding it for release later.

3 lucky buyers...nuts to pay 1.5mio for small 3bedder...1leicester much much better even though prices crept up to 10xx-1100psf oredi

1 Leicester Road #12-12
    Freehold
    $1077
    $1298k
    28 Dec 10
    1 Leicester Road #15-09
    Freehold
    $1103
    $1270k
    23 Sep 10

I was there today, there's really a mosque just in front of NIN entrance, which is next to the land ppty, like what armstrong said.

The only thing i like of NIN is the ground level has a high ceiling, think is about 3.5 or 4m.

Great! If for a 3 br can sell at $1.5m, like what sleek said, HUAT Ahhh for W28 and 8@W.

Quote Originally Posted by wkang1970
    I was there today, there's really a mosque just in front of NIN entrance, which is next to the land ppty, like what armstrong said.

The only thing i like of NIN is the ground level has a high ceiling, think is about 3.5 or 4m.

Great! If for a 3 br can sell at $1.5m, like what sleek said, HUAT Ahhh for W28 and 8@W.
    The location is unfortunately a noise magnet. I pass by the area daily on my way to work. Right in front of a bus-stop and traffic light junction. And believe me, the traffic is very heavy along upper serangoon road. Everytime the lights changed, the revving of engines is super noisy. Wan Tho Ave would be jam packed with cars waiting for the lights to change at the junction. Along with this, I can't imagine the amt of dust and pollutants kicked up from all that traffice.

From the design, it seems there are few units that can escape from the noise. The only saving grace is the mrt station.
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

Quote Originally Posted by acidic.straw
    The location is unfortunately a noise magnet. I pass by the area daily on my way to work. Right in front of a bus-stop and traffic light junction. And believe me, the traffic is very heavy along upper serangoon road. Everytime the lights changed, the revving of engines is super noisy. Wan Tho Ave would be jam packed with cars waiting for the lights to change at the junction. Along with this, I can't imagine the amt of dust and pollutants kicked up from all that traffice.

From the design, it seems there are few units that can escape from the noise. The only saving grace is the mrt station.
    I stayed in that area for a long time. The jams at that junction, along Lichi Ave to Wan Tho around 0720 to 0745 can become quite ridiculous...and then the road meets the Upp Serangoon Potong Pasir junction which is affected by the construction works at the traffic interchange.

But all said and done, when the interchange is ready, traffic will be as fluid as the farrer road traffic interchange and hopefully accessibility to this traffic nexus will be a positive rather than a negative attribute for the condos along this stretch (Nin, 1L, 8@W, Blossoms, Parc etc).

Quote Originally Posted by spikey69
    I stayed in that area for a long time. The jams at that junction, along Lichi Ave to Wan Tho around 0720 to 0745 can become quite ridiculous...and then the road meets the Upp Serangoon Potong Pasir junction which is affected by the construction works at the traffic interchange.

But all said and done, when the interchange is ready, traffic will be as fluid as the farrer road traffic interchange and hopefully accessibility to this traffic nexus will be a positive rather than a negative attribute for the condos along this stretch (Nin, 1L, 8@W, Blossoms, Parc etc).
    I believe you're right that the traffic flow will be smoother once the roadworks are done. But I have my doubts the noise level will be any better. At best, just hope it won't get worse
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

This reminds me of another point I raised with the agent. The main entrance of the condo is along the narrow road it shares with those landed property. It will be a nightmare getting in and out of the condo if the landed property owners park their cars outside their units along the road.

This reminds me of another point I raised with the agent. The main entrance of the condo is along the narrow road it shares with those landed property. It will be a nightmare getting in and out of the condo if the landed property owners park their cars outside their units along the road.
    call LTA and make them pay taxes in time to come

This is still better than Woodsville 28. It has three ways at the end of this narrow road to go while woodsville28 has only one way. The jam there is worst.

I don't have a driving license (and will never own a car in SG). This is my least concern actually.

But is it really unlawful for the landed property owners to park outside their house? Many are doing it actually.

Does anyone know if this development will build enough carpark lots for all its residents and visitors given that it is just a stone throw away from the PP MRT.

I don't have a driving license (and will never own a car in SG). This is my least concern actually.

But is it really unlawful for the landed property owners to park outside their house? Many are doing it actually.
    depend whether wana 'tax' them anot...aka any1 complain anot....some landed areas got single yellow line drawn...but some got double yellow line lor...hehe....those no lines one...i duno liao

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    depend whether wana 'tax' them anot...aka any1 complain anot....some landed areas got single yellow line drawn...but some got double yellow line lor...hehe....those no lines one...i duno liao
    Oh... haha.... am totally ignorant of what single/ double yellow line means... (Yes, you can call me ignorant or a bimbo when it comes to cars and driving rules. I am happy booking cabs and getting lifts from friends so long I have have to spend my energy behind the wheel. )

The space outside the gate of the house belongs to the ah kong. Traffic warden can come and give ticket. Especially if you have nasty neighbours who complains. Otherwise, they will not come so often. Besides all those yellow which devilplate mentioned, a continuous white line will also do the job.

Any price correction now?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Any price correction now?
    Not that I know of, Azeoprop. I was there last sat. Quote for low floor 3br at 1231 sft is approximately 1.51mil!!!!!

Not that I know of, Azeoprop. I was there last sat. Quote for low floor 3br at 1231 sft is approximately 1.51mil!!!!!
    Crazy price! Can buy condo in bukit timah liaoz.

Crazy price! Can buy condo in bukit timah liaoz.
    Sigh... but I still see people buying leh....

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    This is still better than Woodsville 28. It has three ways at the end of this narrow road to go while woodsville28 has only one way. The jam there is worst.
    Agree - that single road from meyappa chettiar road out for W28 is going to be a pain. But I think that once the traffic flow is diverted away after the interchange is up in a few years time, it should get better.

For Nin, I think it is also one way out.

Agree - that single road from meyappa chettiar road out for W28 is going to be a pain. But I think that once the traffic flow is diverted away after the interchange is up in a few years time, it should get better.

i m more inclined to trust DC bcoz he stays nearby nia...

You are not wrong to say there is one way out. The no. of households at Nin plus the landed properties is a lot less compared to the total households from W28, OL, all the other condos plus parents' cars from the School.

According to URA website, 100 units launched and 71 units sold in Dec. psf 895 to 1484 and median price is 1254psf.

i m more inclined to trust DC bcoz he stays nearby nia...
    well i stayed along lichi ave until last month and potong pasir for a large part of my life...

Traffic can be bad from Lichi Ave to Upper Serangoon Road via Wan Tho ave with morning traffic going to Schools like Cedar Sec and Cedar Primary or even after that. However, the road from Nin is nearer to the junction and just 10m from the upper serangoon road. So drivers have a choice to go straight toward Pheng Geck Ave, turn right to get onto upper serangoon towards city or hougang, and turn left to go via wan tho and lichi ave out to aljunied road. There are more options here as compared to W28 with a one-way road (woodsville close) to jalan toa payoh.
    well i stayed along lichi ave until last month and potong pasir for a large part of my life...

1st 3 caveats lodged :-
    NIN RESIDENCE 1,107,600 904 Strata 1,225 Dec-10
    NIN RESIDENCE 1,088,600 904 Strata 1,204 Dec-10
    NIN RESIDENCE 626,400 474 Strata 1,323 Dec-10

According to URA website, 100 units launched and 71 units sold in Dec. psf 895 to 1484 and median price is 1254psf.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Traffic can be bad from Lichi Ave to Upper Serangoon Road via Wan Tho ave with morning traffic going to Schools like Cedar Sec and Cedar Primary or even after that. However, the road from Nin is nearer to the junction and just 10m from the upper serangoon road. So drivers have a choice to go straight toward Pheng Geck Ave, turn right to get onto upper serangoon towards city or hougang, and turn left to go via wan tho and lichi ave out to aljunied road. There are more options here as compared to W28 with a one-way road (woodsville close) to jalan toa payoh.
    You're right - Nin has more choices of jammed roads...lichi, wan tho and pheng gheck are all subsidiary roads leading to major roads (lichi to aljunied, pheng gheck to macpherson, wan tho to upp serangoon). All these subsidiary roads are jammed in the morning as well...I've tried them daily over the last few years during all hours of the day.

If anyone wants to buy Nin Residences, I'm happy for you...the investors in 8@W, Blossoms, Parc, Platinum Edge, 1LH, W28 etc are happy that you have raised the psf in the area to $1200 psf.

If you are an investor reading this thread avidly, ask youself why people are buying up the yet to TOP condos around Nin but not Nin itself. Ask why long time residents in the area choose other condos, rather than invest in Nin. Go deeper and do research on the new woodsville interchange and what it means for the bunch of condos (1L, Platinum, W28) there. Walk around the area when the mosque is busy, do some research on bidaddari cemetery and the stroll around the area at pheng gheck and 'feel' the amount of foreign workers of all nationalities walking past and staring at you...

You sound like a frustrated resident from the words of your reply. Pls do not get me wrong. I have no special interest in Nin and will not buy it. Neither am I interested in the other condos across the upper serangoon road.
    You're right - Nin has more choices of jammed roads...lichi, wan tho and pheng gheck are all subsidiary roads leading to major roads (lichi to aljunied, pheng gheck to macpherson, wan tho to upp serangoon). All these subsidiary roads are jammed in the morning as well...I've tried them daily over the last few years during all hours of the day.

If anyone wants to buy Nin Residences, I'm happy for you...the investors in 8@W, Blossoms, Parc, Platinum Edge, 1LH, W28 etc are happy that you have raised the psf in the area to $1200 psf.

If you are an investor reading this thread avidly, ask youself why people are buying up the yet to TOP condos around Nin but not Nin itself. Ask why long time residents in the area choose other condos, rather than invest in Nin. Go deeper and do research on the new woodsville interchange and what it means for the bunch of condos (1L, Platinum, W28) there. Walk around the area when the mosque is busy, do some research on bidaddari cemetery and the stroll around the area at pheng gheck and 'feel' the amount of foreign workers of all nationalities walking past and staring at you...