Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need advice - Sell D12 and D15?

Unhappy Need advice - Sell D12 and D15?

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing all the tips and tricks in the forum, I really appreciate it. Do advise me in the following scenario.

I purchased a D12 condo 2 years as it is close to my parent's place and the price has since appreciated by about 150K. It is currently tenanted out at 4.5%, pretty spacious 3+1 and at quite a reasonable psf at the moment, ~750.

I purchased another condo in D15 about 6 months ago, a smaller 2+1 bedder for investment purposes before the cooldown measures. It's near to good schools that I want my kid to get into in a couple of years time.

I am pretty worried about the current situation and cool down measures.I have holding power. Should I sell now? Or hold on to them?

Thank you people!

Quote Originally Posted by solarius
    Hi all,

Thanks for sharing all the tips and tricks in the forum, I really appreciate it. Do advise me in the following scenario.

I purchased a D12 condo 2 years as it is close to my parent's place and the price has since appreciated by about 150K. It is currently tenanted out at 4.5%, pretty spacious 3+1 and at quite a reasonable psf at the moment, ~750.

I purchased another condo in D15 about 6 months ago, a smaller 2+1 bedder for investment purposes before the cooldown measures. It's near to good schools that I want my kid to get into in a couple of years time.

I am pretty worried about the current situation and cool down measures.I have holding power. Should I sell now? Or hold on to them?

Thank you people!
    can u even breakeven if u sell ur ppty in D15?? if not, u only hf the choice of selling the one at D12.....sorry to say....u bot 2yrs back but the profit not tat great....probably bot b4 the big plunge?

ur rental yield 4.5% is based on current or ur original purchase price?

Can breakeven and make a bit, around 20K...

4.5% is based on original purchase price

mabe can hold a while longer since u got holding power

so simple

for investment.. can sell anytime when price is right.

kids and school don't always go as planned. Heck care. Hire a chauffer if necessary.

If you have no appetite for risks.. then you should sell. Always remember, property always go up in the long run. Must hold 5 or 10 years. 3% to 5% increase per year is expected.

Sell and buy back FH mm for investment in D1?

If your D15 is because its with xx km of xx school - then you cannot sell right? If you sell, then your child will not be able to get into xx school. Nowadays this forum is becoming like kiasuparents.com. So theoretically, you can only sell your D12 property. D12 used to have a lot of hype as it is near D11 but somehow the hype has died down somewhat. Maybe because it is not exactly near MRT or amenities? In any case, your D12 makes much more than your D15. A lot of bros here are holding on to multiple properties - so it really depends on your views on the market. I recently sold one in D15 (buyer exercised option today!) - mainly because I doubt there is any more upside (but my PERSONAL view) in this district and risk/reward dynamics is no longer attractive.

price is high now and u bought high at that time ,umm, are u going to buy another one? if not, a good time to sell if u want to...

Sometimes it's really hard to tell where the market is heading. I recall at the beginning of 2009, a lot of people sold their mass market condos out of "fear". There is this other forum called "skyscraper city" where lots of "experts" came out to say "I've sold my mass market because it is going to crash! Get out of mass market now!" Guess what happens? That was the WORST TIME to sell. They sold at the trough just b4 the infection point - self-professed experts can be wrong. In short, one has to use own judgement about risks/rewards and different people have different risk appetities. Frankly, I would prefer D14 (quite undervalued) to D12.

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    price is high now and u bought high at that time ,umm, are u going to buy another one? if not, a good time to sell if u want to...

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Sometimes it's really hard to tell where the market is heading. I recall at the beginning of 2009, a lot of people sold their mass market condos out of "fear". There is this other forum called "skyscraper city" where lots of "experts" came out to say "I've sold my mass market because it is going to crash! Get out of mass market now!" Guess what happens? That was the WORST TIME to sell. They sold at the trough just b4 the infection point - self-professed experts can be wrong. In short, one has to use own judgement about risks/rewards and different people have different risk appetities. Frankly, I would prefer D14 (quite undervalued) to D12.

What is your view now ?
    buy? sell? hold?

Mass market condo price went up fundamentally as there is not enough HDB flats and people have to go for re-sale flat and some to mass condo.

There will be more flats / apartment in the next few years, it is difficult to earn $ by flipping the property going forward. If you buy now must be prepared to hold on longer and should come with rental opportunity after TOP.

Buyer could be spolit of choice and take a longer time to committ a purchase soon. Maybe we will be going through a period of pre-long low transaction volumn with buyer/seller not willing to meet the price.

How long developer can hold on to their unsold units or come out with carrot to lure buyer? Good strategy to watch the market with twisted eyes, wait and pick up good deals ......imho

built built built.....en-bloc en-bloc en-bloc..... not every day is a sunshine day for developer.....

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Mass market condo price went up fundamentally as there is not enough HDB flats and people have to go for re-sale flat and some to mass condo.

There will be more flats / apartment in the next few years, it is difficult to earn $ by flipping the property going forward. If you buy now must be prepared to hold on longer and should come with rental opportunity after TOP.

Buyer could be spolit of choice and take a longer time to committ a purchase soon. Maybe we will be going through a period of pre-long low transaction volumn with buyer/seller not willing to meet the price.

How long developer can hold on to their unsold units or come out with carrot to lure buyer? Good strategy to watch the market with twisted eyes, wait and pick up good deals ......imho

built built built.....en-bloc en-bloc en-bloc..... not every day is a sunshine day for developer.....
    if so, then sell every prop excluding home, then wait to buy back ?

if u have good rental yield why sell all? You may never get back the same good location. also depend on when you buy it.. replacemnt cost is around 10%.

if want to gamble dont gamble all lah, leave some for opportunity. slow and steady.

I have one primary residence, 2 investment properties. I've sold one that I think has the least upside in D15. This is just PERSONAL OPINION. I comfort myself by rationalising I'm definitely not selling at the bottom of the market - it's either close to the peak OR mid cycle. It's really difficult to tell the direction today. Many units are going to TOP and our government has tightened immigration - so rental might weaken. I am not interested in buying now, esp new launches - I just think the risk/return profile is not worth the trouble. But obviously I could be wrong and prices may cheong some more. But one distinct trend is that the CCR projects that are selling VERY WELL (e.g. Robinson) are the MM small units - which does not bode well - buyers are entry level and such shoebox "luxury" units will appear "deficient" when TOP.

BTW, I dunno if it's just me but I notice a downtrend this month - across all segments? I've gone to streetsine and randomly selected some high-profile projects with many transactions e.g. One Amber, The Sail etc, and prices seem to be trending downwards? Haha. Maybe I'm trying to comfort myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    What is your view now ?
    buy? sell? hold?

Oops. Looks like not all projects reflect downward price trends. Still got some healthy increases like Botannia, Hillview Heights, The Centris, Park Infinia etc. (random selection across some districts).

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Hillview Heights, Hillview Green, Springdale, Hume Park I, SouthHaven II all down? Mostly OCR coming down?

Oops. Looks like not all projects reflect downward price trends. Still got some healthy increases like Botannia, Hillview Heights, The Centris, Park Infinia etc. (random selection across some districts).

Hi all,

Thank you people!

DO u like that unit in D15?

if u do, then dont sell ..
    if u really think mkt will crash ..then sell
    if you think maybe will come off .. hold
    if you not sure .. sell ..better than worry every night

if you not sure but got holding power .. then hold

Good points raised by all, thanks folks!

Guess I should cash out D12 to lock in the profit, as it is at a high for that property. I will miss the wider space, amenities and central location, but that can't be help. It's an investment decision.

Is D15 at an all time high now? Is there still potential upside in the near future? Considering Katong Mall revamp and the announcement of ERL?

If there's no potential upside, it might even be riskier to hold on to the D15 property...

Decisions.....

Good points raised by all, thanks folks!

Guess I should cash out D12 to lock in the profit, as it is at a high for that property. I will miss the wider space, amenities and central location, but that can't be help. It's an investment decision.

Is D15 at an all time high now? Is there still potential upside in the near future? Considering Katong Mall revamp and the announcement of ERL?

If there's no potential upside, it might even be riskier to hold on to the D15 property...

Decisions.....
    do u likeD12 that unit ?

space is getting more and more expensive
    i feel its a waste to sell .. cos in future when u want bigger unit .. you will have to pay even more

Yup the unit is not too bad... and cheaply priced even after the appreciation.. It's FH and hovers around 700psf.. It's near to Boon Keng MRT where the DBSS itself is priced around 700K

Yup the unit is not too bad... and cheaply priced even after the appreciation.. It's FH and hovers around 700psf.. It's near to Boon Keng MRT where the DBSS itself is priced around 700K
    I see undervalue now, sell and buy mm's

Beacon Heights?

Pretty close to that, it's on St Michael's.. wonder if the enhancements to this estate will bring about better value/valuation.. Near SA too, pretty decent school?

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Beacon Heights?
    wah beacon hts only worth 700psf?

Pretty close to that, it's on St Michael's.. wonder if the enhancements to this estate will bring about better value/valuation.. Near SA too, pretty decent school?
    the elysia? i spotted tat 03-01 last yr...650psf seems a bargain now

Hi all,

Thank you people!
    Interesting. I have a question and hope you dun mind me posting here. St Michael condo at 750psf vs CCK condo at 750psf. One nearer to central and the other damn far away. Why then are the prices so similar?

Why would one buy a CCK condo if he can get a St Michael one? Can anyone enlighten me?

Quote Originally Posted by KC76
    Interesting. I have a question and hope you dun mind me posting here. St Michael condo at 750psf vs CCK condo at 750psf. One nearer to central and the other damn far away. Why then are the prices so similar?

Why would one buy a CCK condo if he can get a St Michael one? Can anyone enlighten me?
    its about the feel....u recce tat area oredi? deep inside, no amenities and facing expressway for some projects.

not a fair comparison...u mean Mi casa at 750psf? brandnew and under construction....u shd compare it with Beacon heights which is trading at 900psf(ppl r asking around 1k-1.1kpsf for subsale standard units whereas u can still get 750psf from subsale Mi Casa)

Very noisy there leh... middle of Singapore and near to inter junction!!!! not near to schools. This is city but drawing the wrong HDB crowd. That is HDB heartland drawing the right HDB crowd.

The price speaks for itself. CCK ulu pricing.. wait till u check out woodlands new launches.. But they can build more MM's there.

Must compare new with new and old with old.

FH versus FH and LH versus LH. FH usually are cheaper than LH if it is very run down and well located.

So good why sell so low? Right? Ask the owners who sold low and not the buyers who bought low. Owner's cannot wait to get out.... haha

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    its about the feel....u recce tat area oredi? deep inside, no amenities and facing expressway for some projects.

not a fair comparison...u mean Mi casa at 750psf? brandnew and under construction....u shd compare it with Beacon heights which is trading at 900psf(ppl r asking around 1k-1.1kpsf for subsale standard units whereas u can still get 750psf from subsale Mi Casa)
    Yes, I ever been to that area. Doesnt look ideal for family living and quite similar to the moonstone district. If only MND rejuvenate that area, the psf for properties there would have been much higher. Same case for geylang. If somehow, the red light district is moved to suburban areas, the prices there will flourish. Still, with a difference of merely 100+psf, Mi Casa seems overpriced.

A fairer comparison would perhaps be Beacon Heights vs Kovan Residences? Both 900psf+ and one 999 yrs lease and one 99 yrs lease. Beacon Heights lose out on its surrounding only in my opinion. Other than that, its longer lease and exclusivity and distance from central should beat KR.

Tio bo?

Yes, I ever been to that area. Doesnt look ideal for family living and quite similar to the moonstone district. If only MND rejuvenate that area, the psf for properties there would have been much higher. Same case for geylang. If somehow, the red light district is moved to suburban areas, the prices there will flourish. Still, with a difference of merely 100+psf, Mi Casa seems overpriced.

A fairer comparison would perhaps be Beacon Heights vs Kovan Residences? Both 900psf+ and one 999 yrs lease and one 99 yrs lease. Beacon Heights lose out on its surrounding only in my opinion. Other than that, its longer lease and exclusivity and distance from central should bear KR.

Tio bo?
    beacon heights area better for own stay with cars as its tough to rent out at gd rates....not near MRT, no amenities ....goto walk a gd distance to the main road to get a cab too...its convenience vs inconvenience

those tink tat geylang will shift out one day....nid hell lots of patience and chanting....many geylang apts goto rent out to students and workers.....vy cham one