Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Spottiswoode 18 by RL Developments, Freehold, District 2

see whther roxy boasts with an oxley styled press release or not lor. sph juz gotta cut and paste if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    C tomo how SPH report this. Whether should give face to mbt or not

Btw today I heard is also ballot time for leedon. I guess not much activity there ?

Headline reads "Developer discounts to draw crowds".

That should be appropriate enough.

Heard over 220 units sold. Maybe the headline could be

'sales remain hot despite latest measures'

Or

'strong demand seen in latest launches'

Or

'Market demand remains strong despite cooling measures '

Haha

220 liao?!?!?! 88%?!?!?! hot, huat hot?

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Heard over 220 units sold. Maybe the headline could be

'sales remain hot despite latest measures'

Or

'strong demand seen in latest launches'

Or

'Market demand remains strong despite cooling measures '

Haha

Did u guys read the news that the EC Austville only sell 20% and no one wants to buy wor! And the farnie part is, EC is NOT EVEN AFFECTED by the new measures Looks like MM rulez the world. The measures was intended (with all due respect) to scare off investors who buy shoeboxes, end up scaring off the owner occupier. MBT might be in trouble again...

There was this saying that everytime when EC is launched, market will correct? I'm still hoping for some correction...

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Headline reads "Developer discounts to draw crowds".

That should be appropriate enough.
    Shld read as developer discount beats MBT measures!

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    Shld read as developer discount beats MBT measures!
    Headline: Roxy's Present to MBT - Happy CNY!

Quote Originally Posted by spikey69
    Headline: Roxy's Present to MBT - Happy CNY!
    Mickey & Minnie rules Spottiswoode 18 ..!

Austville poor design and overpriced mah.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Did u guys read the news that the EC Austville only sell 20% and no one wants to buy wor! And the farnie part is, EC is NOT EVEN AFFECTED by the new measures Looks like MM rulez the world. The measures was intended (with all due respect) to scare off investors who buy shoeboxes, end up scaring off the owner occupier. MBT might be in trouble again...

There was this saying that everytime when EC is launched, market will correct? I'm still hoping for some correction...

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    Austville poor design and overpriced mah.
    queue overnight and sold 20%? the non-choice units must really be not choose-able.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon

austville location and layout CMI and yet priced about the same as PRIVE...MRT the most impt requirement also missing...lol...not surprising la....tat queue overnite also create a false impression as well bcoz singka is kiasu mah...lol

this time round...EC was introduced in early stage of the ppty cycle....thus, u cannot use tat theory....

actually i dun understand y u guys feels tat latest rd of measures r targeting shoebox?

The measures are clearly targeting investors. But then since Singapore investors all the CMI type, it will draw these investors to the lower quantum condos. That's y I think right from the start that those below 1.5 million or so shd be more well shielded. The super luxury I dunno but I think those mid end will be the worst hit.

or maybe the choice units were not really choice units afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    queue overnight and sold 20%? the non-choice units must really be not choose-able.

i think more right to say latest measures targeting investors/speculators? pple with hot money/liquidity?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    austville location and layout CMI and yet priced about the same as PRIVE...MRT the most impt requirement also missing...lol...not surprising la....tat queue overnite also create a false impression as well bcoz singka is kiasu mah...lol

this time round...EC was introduced in early stage of the ppty cycle....thus, u cannot use tat theory....

actually i dun understand y u guys feels tat latest rd of measures r targeting shoebox?

so tomorrow's headline is:

"Latest measures cool demand for ECs drastically but shoebox apartments remain red hot"?

MBT will be in for it if this trend continues.

i think more right to say latest measures targeting investors/speculators? pple with hot money/liquidity?
    latest measures meant to turn off hyper richie investors+hot funds+genuine hdb upgradders....typical local auntie/uncle duno whr to put their $$....mostly tio mini bond+07 stock crash...dare not enter one....ppty is the only place for them to park their $$ as OCR oredi recovered and even higher den 07 liao.....many stocks still well below 07 peak peak price

i agree. that's why i continue to see better relative value in stocks hee.

latest measures meant to turn off hyper richie investors+hot funds+genuine hdb upgradders....typical local auntie/uncle duno whr to put their $$....mostly tio mini bond+07 stock crash...dare not enter one....ppty is the only place for them to park their $$ as OCR oredi recovered and even higher den 07 liao.....many stocks still well below 07 peak peak price

i agree. that's why i continue to see better relative value in stocks hee.
    hope we r right lor....catch the rising trend earlier den typical auntie/uncle retail investors....when STI and if STI ever hit 3800pts....i can tell u, tats when retail investors chiong to hoot stocks (bcoz they see their stocks had recovered.....got confidence liao....chiong ar...hoot ar!!)

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

LTV drop to 60% - Kill off those marginal buyers / speculators.

SSD incr and extend to 4 years - Kill off those speculators. What is this SSD to richie investors / funds? Don't understand.

Combine above, mass market OCR privte properties in lousy far from MRT I believe will be hit badly.

and the headline is..........

"Small units a big hit at Spottiswoode 18"

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    Hope MBT cant sleep well tonite...

he will be smiling man...

ever heard the cantonese saying : short ass lots of tricks"

our govt policies all meant to 'protect' the people, the econ etc etc .. BUT they also bring in crap loads of $$ for the govt ..

and that in turn = bonus for themselves

It's "170 Spottiswoode 18 units sold despite cooling measures"

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_625748.html

Small units a big hit at Spottiswoode 18
    By UMA SHANKARI
    Business Times - 19 Jan 2011

(SINGAPORE) Around 170 units in Roxy-Pacific Holdings' 251-unit Spottiswoode 18 were snapped up at the project's launch yesterday at an average price of $1,900 per square foot (psf) - catching many market watchers by surprise.
    The project's mostly small units proved to be popular with investors. Most apartments on offer at Spottiswoode 18 - 150 out of the 251 units - are just 387 sq ft. Apartments at the project go up to 1,324 sq ft in size.
    There was also balloting for a handful of units as more than one buyer was keen on them.
    The group initially wanted to sell only around 100 units but released all choice units due to the strong response, said Roxy-Pacific chief executive Teo Hong Lim. But he added that last week's government measures to cool the market have had some impact on sentiment as not many units were contested for.
    Roxy-Pacific's news comes a day after Oxley Holdings said it has sold 22 out of the 36 residential units at its newly-launched Vibes@Kovan over the weekend.
    Apartments at Vibes@Kovan are also small - the 22 apartments range in size from 377 square feet to 1,001 sq ft. They were sold for an average selling price of $1,255 psf.
    The deals surprised industry players. Said one industry veteran: 'The thinking now is that small units are mostly sought after by speculators, which is the segment that the government targeted with its measures. So it's surprising that these projects are still selling so quickly.'
    But United Engineers reported that sales of its 540-unit executive condominium project Austville Residences were slower as a result of the latest curbs. The developer has sold about 20 per cent of units since its first sales day on Jan 13 - the same day the government unveiled new measures.
    'Our sales are affected by the government's announcement on the new set of cooling measures. We are observing a dip in buying interest as most home buyers are still trying to digest the changes introduced to the property market,' said a spokesman for the group.
    The morning of the first day of sales saw a high number of visitors and brisk transactions, but the enthusiastic demand was subsequently quelled by the government's announcement later in the day, the spokesman added. But the group is still positive that sales will pick up soon. Units at the project are selling at an average price of $680 psf and the deferred payment scheme is being offered to buyers.
    Austville Residences implemented a 'first-come, first-served' system to allocate its 540 units. It was initially well received by the market, with more than 100 successful applicants forming an overnight queue outside its showflat a day before the first sales day.

Haha.. Maybe they report lower sales or I got wrong info. Anyway gd sales nevertheless.

Sales remain hot despite rambutan'z tricks

Not good sign. More measures to come. Interesting to know their profiles, like % locals/foreigner, HDB or private dwellers, etc. MBT team will be doing an analysis.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Haha.. Maybe they report lower sales or I got wrong info. Anyway gd sales nevertheless.

Sales remain hot despite rambutan'z tricks

Looks like the "calibrated" measures calibrate wrongly liao.

I think MBT said the wrong thing - that the measures are NOT PERMANENT. So I bet those agents will convince the buyers that by the time Spottiswood 18 TOP which is 4 years later, measures will be removed and Spottiswood will huat! Nobody should come out with a set of rules and tell the whole world the rules will be removed soon immediately the next day.

Unbelievable - the measures end up scaring off the first time buyers of EC

so tomorrow's headline is:

"Latest measures cool demand for ECs drastically but shoebox apartments remain red hot"?

MBT will be in for it if this trend continues.

from the picture looks really like mostly locals. maybe more uncles and aunties too.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Not good sign. More measures to come. Interesting to know their profiles, like % locals/foreigner, HDB or private dwellers, etc. MBT team will be doing an analysis.

Yah I was there yesterday, alot of uncle and aunty...

from the picture looks really like mostly locals. maybe more uncles and aunties too.
    i know some of aunty & uncles have few hundred Ks in cpf..
    and they still have their fully paid HDB,when bgt 60k.. no worries for them

obviously the next measures will hit on the cash portion,once MBT done their study. why ah pek ah ne got the monies..??

The usual crowd - aunties and uncles - at every showflat from high-end to mid to mass. They are everywhere. It shows that aunties and uncles are very rich lor.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Yah I was there yesterday, alot of uncle and aunty...