Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456712172227 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 - OCR or CCR ?

Many of us (not ALL) would aspire to own CCR properties. Even if we live in OCR, but if have $, would want to own a CCR & rent out.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    CCR too much supply? Hei, that is twisting the facts too much! Please drive around and see where are all the empty lands to be found? Please check govt GLS programme and see where are all the lands under the Govt land sales programme to be sold located? All OCR! Conclusion: It be OCR that has too much supply now and in the future!
    man, get your IQ examined. why would government want to crash the OCR condo market? they are just saying that if things get out of control, they will increase supply to get the market to calm down. when that happens, all districts will be affected, not just OCR. For example, if prices of OCR condos go down, more people will move out of CCR to OCR. if prices of OCR get too high, people will start moving back to OCR. OCR and CCr are not two countries with closed borders. People can move an out of each area, to adjust to the relative prices of condos in these two areas.

so, if government increases land supply in OCR, CCr prices will also be affected. Get it? if not, go take economics 101. hope you get a passing grade. but you have to try awfully hard to get one, given how dim your light is in the porch.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Then what do you think about Greenwich @Seletar at $1200 psf? The Vision @West Coast at $1300 psf? If Casabella and Duchess Residences at $1800 psf is paying too much for shit, paying $1200-1300 psf for those locations and quality like West Coast and Seletar that is not even worth a shit!
    Ok mark my words, those buying The Vision @West Coast at S$1300 psf cannot even recover their capital including interests within next 8 years! I am pretty confident of my this prediction!
    Another prediction: Those buying Carabelle @West Coast with such poor quality (worse than The Vision) at >$900 psf cannot even recover their capital including interests within next 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    if you look at casabella and Duchess residences in terms of layout and nearby amenities (or the lack thereof), you would sniff "1800psf for this kind of shit?"

that sums it all about prime properties. Let the indons and PRC buy them. not us.

You should understand by now that NOT everything is about price! (or you simply cannot and/or refuse to understand!).

See, Malaysia Johor Bahru so near and landed properties so cheap there, why we didn't see majority of those living in Singapore move there? Why don't you sell your Carabelle and move to JB? You can live a big spacious bungalow in JB and still have more than enough to afford a car and retire comfortably there! Why don't you go there? (and in this process Singapore is rid of a ungrateful parasite who keep cursing and swearing about everything in Singapore!).

man, get your IQ examined. why would government want to crash the OCR condo market? they are just saying that if things get out of control, they will increase supply to get the market to calm down. when that happens, all districts will be affected, not just OCR. For example, if prices of OCR condos go down, more people will move out of CCR to OCR. if prices of OCR get too high, people will start moving back to OCR. OCR and CCr are not two countries with closed borders. People can move an out of each area, to adjust to the relative prices of condos in these two areas.

so, if government increases land supply in OCR, CCr prices will also be affected. Get it? if not, go take economics 101. hope you get a passing grade. but you have to try awfully hard to get one, given how dim your light is in the porch.

Then what do you think about Greenwich @Seletar at $1200 psf? The Vision @West Coast at $1300 psf? If Casabella and Duchess Residences at $1800 psf is paying too much for shit, paying $1200-1300 psf for those locations and quality like West Coast and Seletar that is not even worth a shit!
    Ok mark my words, those buying The Vision @West Coast at S$1300 psf cannot even recover their capital including interests within next 8 years! I am pretty confident of my this prediction!
    Another prediction: Those buying Carabelle @West Coast with such poor quality (worse than The Vision) at >$900 psf cannot even recover their capital including interests within next 5 years!
    what poor quality? don't just shoot the bull any way you like.

carabelle has 3.3 m ceiling height. is that poor quality? it has a huge open space for kids to roam and play, versus casabella and DR, where there is no place for kids to go, except to fall into the pool in the middle and drown.

Please don't shoot off your mouth and lose all credibility. think before you talk, you mother taught you when you were young. listen to her.

You should understand by now that NOT everything is about price! (or you simply cannot and/or refuse to understand!).

See, Malaysia Johor Bahru so near and landed properties so cheap there, why we didn't see majority of those living in Singapore move there? Why don't you sell your Carabelle and move to JB? You can live a big spacious bungalow in JB and still have more than enough to afford a car and retire comfortably there! Why don't you go there? (and in this process Singapore is rid of a ungrateful parasite who keep cursing and swearing about everything in Singapore!).
    ]

I would move to JB if I could. Many malaysians working in Singapore are doing exactly what you said we should.

besides, I did not say that price is the only issue. but do you understand the concept of "ceretis paribus"? Ceretis paribus, if prices get too high, people will move no matter how attractive real estate in one area is.

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Many of us (not ALL) would aspire to own CCR properties. Even if we live in OCR, but if have $, would want to own a CCR & rent out.
    quite true though...hehe

the address/prestige still got some weightage....i own a ppty in orchard wor...its like i own porsche....lol

i wud love to own a ppty in nassim area...$ not enuff leh

nassim best or ardmore park best?

for landed...i bio OCR landed now....but if i got it...mabe i will aspire to get a GCB....lol

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    quite true though...hehe

the address/prestige still got some weightage....i own a ppty in orchard wor...its like i own porsche....lol

i wud love to own a ppty in nassim area...$ not enuff leh

nassim best or ardmore park best?

for landed...i bio OCR landed now....but if i got it...mabe i will aspire to get a GCB....lol
    one or two of you sentimental type doesn't a market make. rationality is what determines prices at the margin.

I visited and stayed in one of those GCB. what is my verdict. yuck!!! I still have the scars from the mosquito bites to prove it. My kids wouldn't even go to the toilet, which is mouldy for lack of sunlight. they kept saying that there is ghosts in every dark corner of the house.

GCB Area, its the same. you can't go into a GCB but u can walk freely into a GCB Area, just like HDB, you can't walk into an individual flat, but you can walk at the void deck. wah lao, you dare to call Ridout and Swettenham as fake CCR?!?!?! do u know where is that location at all?

That is a GCB area you know? You think the naked crazy man can walk into the GCB? Other than that, Mcdonald is a commercial place, nobody can stop him. Also, that place is Queenstown, not in CCR . (Even if CCR also have "real CCR" and "fake CCR" - you should know better by now? The fake ones are the likes of Holland Village, Mt Sinai areas, Upper Bukit Timah areas near the D21, etc. Don't understand why they are already so far from Central town area still labelled as "CCR"?)
    See, you live outside CCR you see these crazy people walking around naked!

What quality you are talking about with 3.3m ceiling height? That is the norm for most private properties in CCR! You are really very ignorant indeed!

Talk of assessing QUALITY, Please check the following:

1. Your Carabelle come with TOTO WCs and lavatory counter-tops or equivalent quality sanitary wares?

2. Your Carabelle come with Hansgrohe taps, showers, or equivalent quality brands?

3. Your Carabelle come with marble floors in living, dinning rooms that are at least dry-laid or cut from complete slab (not formed from those rojak discarded/unwanted pieces)? (Don't even tell me about homogenous tiles!)

4. Your Carabelle come with quality marble floors in living, dinning rooms that are at least dry-laid or cut from complete slab (not those those rojak discarded/unwanted pieces)?

5. Your Carabelle come with quality marble/granite floors for kitchen and bathrooms?

6. Your Carabelle come with Miele/Gagganeu fridge, washer cum dryer, hood, hob, oven?

If your answer is YES to ALL the above, then I will agree with you that your Carabelle indeed has "QUALITY". Otherwise, they are just very "UN-QUALITY" compared to those CCR condos!

what poor quality? don't just shoot the bull any way you like.

carabelle has 3.3 m ceiling height. is that poor quality? it has a huge open space for kids to roam and play, versus casabella and DR, where there is no place for kids to go, except to fall into the pool in the middle and drown.

Please don't shoot off your mouth and lose all credibility. think before you talk, you mother taught you when you were young. listen to her.

one or two of you sentimental type doesn't a market make. rationality is what determines prices at the margin.

I visited and stayed in one of those GCB. what is my verdict. yuck!!! I still have the scars for the mosquito bites to prove it. My kids wouldn't even go to the toilet, which is mouldy for lack of sunlight. they kept saying that there is ghosts in every dark corner of the house.
    ic...ya quite true....i will not want to stay in a GCB....too big liao...lol....but mabe build a smaller house but with full facilities on ur land....sounds cool

Yes, my carabelle has marble flooring. each piece cut from a whole slab. btw, d'leedon has homogeneous flooring throughout each unit. there is no even one granule of marble, not even one broken piece. go check it out at the showflat.

I hope this shuts him up.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 15-12-10 at 09:47.

What quality you are talking about with 3.3m ceiling height? That is the norm for most private properties in CCR! You are really very ignorant indeed!

1. Your Carabelle come with TOTO WCs and lavatory counter-tops or equivalent quality sanitary wares?

2. Your Carabelle come with Hansgrohe taps, showers, or equivalent quality brands?

3. Your Carabelle come with marble floors in living, dinning rooms that are at least dry-laid or cut from complete slab (not formed from those rojak discarded/unwanted pieces)? (Don't even tell me about homogenous tiles!)

4. Your Carabelle come with quality marble floors in living, dinning rooms that are at least dry-laid or cut from complete slab (not those those rojak discarded/unwanted pieces)?

5. Your Carabelle come with quality marble/granite floors for kitchen and bathrooms?

6. Your Carabelle come with Miele/Gagganeu fridge, washer cum dryer, hood, hob, oven?

If your answer is YES to ALL the above, then I will agree with you that your Carabelle indeed has "QUALITY". Otherwise, they are just very "UN-QUALITY" compared to those CCR condos!
    so branded conscious meh....hehe

Sorry, I am just too used to it. Yes, that is the fake CCR, too close to those HDB estates in Queenstown. I sort of suspect that those GCBs there don't command as much as those in real CCR areas. May be you can prove me wrong? (Good chance you can prove me wrong in this case as I am just shooting with gut instinct without checking facts first).

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    GCB Area, its the same. you can't go into a GCB but u can walk freely into a GCB Area, just like HDB, you can't walk into an individual flat, but you can walk at the void deck. wah lao, you dare to call Ridout and Swettenham as fake CCR?!?!?! do u know where is that location at all?

so branded conscious meh....hehe
    I begin to suspect that hitler's soul landed in singapore and turned into a real person.

How can a man, versus a woman, be so shallow and materialistc?

Yah lor, price in OCR Singapore and JB is already almost 30x different even for a terrace house! So huge huge difference! Why don't you move to JB since that is such a BIG HUGE "ceretis paribus" !!!

]

I would move to JB if I could. Many malaysians working in Singapore are doing exactly what you said we should.

besides, I did not say that price is the only issue. but do you understand the concept of "ceretis paribus"? Ceretis paribus, if prices get too high, people will move no matter how attractive real estate in one area is.

Yah lor, price in OCR Singapore and JB is already almost 30x different even for a terrace house! So huge huge difference! Why don't you move to JB since that is such a BIG HUGE "ceretis paribus" !!!
    I really doubt you know what ceteris paribus is. I don't blame you, given the level of education you obvious has had.

ic...ya quite true....i will not want to stay in a GCB....too big liao...lol....but mabe build a smaller house but with full facilities on ur land....sounds cool
    there is even a well in the yard of the GCB. my wife couldn't sleep at night. She kept imagining a ghost climbing out of the well to attack her. She saw too many Japanese ghost movies, one of which showed a girl ghost climbing out of a well to attack a family watching TV.

I've observed the recent postings in this forum and i notice a drop in quality of discussion. I believe i can point out the source now. Let me summarize.

1. Stalingrad ignores all points and facts that does not support his views
    2. Stalingrad is unnecessarily aggressive and insults others while accusing others of being the aggressive one
    3. Stalingrad is obsessed with comparing his carabelle and d'leedon when the discussion is about OCR and ccr in general.

4. Stalingrad is detracting from the quality of the discussion instead of adding to it.

5. His views are narrow and only focus on his or his family's preferences and assuming that most people are like him.

I really doubt you know what ceteris paribus is. I don't blame you, given the level of education you obvious has had.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i used to be a doomsayer for the OCR and all praises for CCR, but i have changed my perspective since. Some OCR projects can and do offer better quality of life, so being close to office buildings in the CBD does not equate to better quality of life
    to me OCR more for own stay, CCR more for investment ~

Marble floor only? Your marble floor cut from whole complete slab and laid on your floor preserving the natural patterns? Wow! I am impressed! But I can straight away tell you that you are simply LYING! You expect Sim Lian or any developers to use marble flooring that are cut from whole slab and lay on your floor and yet sell you at $500 psf? Do you know how much that will costs? So far, I have seen only private properties that developers sell for >$2000 psf that could possibly have whole slab marble flooring (many don't even have whole slab marble flooring!).

Ok, other than above, why don't you enlighten us on the "QUALITY" of your Carabelle by answering what you have for all the other 6 items I listed below? Marble flooring in where also?

Yes, my carabelle has marble flooring. each piece cut from a whole slab. btw, d'leedon has homogeneous flooring throughout each unit. there is no even one granule of marble, not even one broken piece. go check it out at the showflat.

I hope this shuts him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimloq
    I've observed the recent postings in this forum and i notice a drop in quality of discussion. I believe i can point out the source now. Let me summarize.

1. Stalingrad ignores all points and facts that does not support his views
    2. Stalingrad is unnecessarily aggressive and insults others while accusing others of being the aggressive one
    3. Stalingrad is obsessed with comparing his carabelle and d'leedon when the discussion is about OCR and ccr in general.

4. Stalingrad is detracting from the quality of the discussion instead of adding to it.

5. His views are narrow and only focus on his or his family's preferences and assuming that most people are like him.
    haha, surely you are joking. please scroll up and see when my condo was brought out in each instance. teddybear kept bringing up my condo as an example. I was the exact opposite of how you said I was.

not all CCR ppty is undervalued and not all OCR is overvalued....there r still gems lying around

Marble floor only? Your marble floor cut from whole complete slab and laid on your floor preserving the natural patterns? Wow! I am impressed! But I can straight away tell you that you are simply LYING! You expect Sim Lian or any developers to use marble flooring that are cut from whole slab and lay on your floor and yet sell you at $500 psf? Do you know how much that will costs? So far, I have seen only private properties that developers sell for >$2000 psf that could possibly have whole slab marble flooring (many don't even have whole slab marble flooring!).

Ok, other than above, why don't you enlighten us on the "QUALITY" of your Carabelle by answering what you have for all the other 6 items I listed below? Marble flooring in where also?
    hey...haf u been to lucida showflat...the marble floor meets ur standard anot ar....i was so impressed wor...but nvr buy due to silly balcony(metallic opaque)

orchard scotts marble also very impressive
    now feeling abit sore ....last yr only 12xxpsf

I did not lie when I said that each marble piece in my condo is cut from a whole slab. did I say that the laying preserved the natural pattern?

d'leedon did not even have marble. at least my condo is better than d'leedon.

by the way, please stick to the subject we are discussing, and leave my condo alone.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    to me OCR more for own stay, CCR more for investment ~
    same sentiment....i wud not want to stay within CBD....

googled and saw this from 4 Sep 2009,

"BreadTalk founder and chairman George Quek is reported to have sold his 2 Swettenham Road bungalow for $29.2 million to developer Simon Cheong."

that was a record in $ quantum for D10 at that time. In Jan 2010, 4 Swettenham Road set a new record at $31.5m. No GCB of its size was transacted in the area since and only 6 houses have surpassed it from Apr to Oct this year.

Sorry, I am just too used to it. Yes, that is the fake CCR, too close to those HDB estates in Queenstown. I sort of suspect that those GCBs there don't command as much as those in real CCR areas. May be you can prove me wrong? (Good chance you can prove me wrong in this case as I am just shooting with gut instinct without checking facts first).

"BreadTalk founder and chairman George Quek is reported to have sold his 2 Swettenham Road bungalow for $29.2 million to developer Simon Cheong."

that was a record in $ quantum for D10 at that time. In Jan 2010, 4 Swettenham Road set a new record at $31.5m. No GCB of its size was transacted in the area since and only 6 houses have surpassed it from Apr to Oct this year.
    this area certainly looks prime to me.....nvr even drive into tat area b4!

Lucida? Never seen that. But be careful hor, developers use quality marbles in showflat but use other marbles in actual units!
    I had even seen developers use very nice and beautiful marbles in show flats but the actual units come with homogeneous tiles! Ops! Please read the fine print! It is written there in small small words!!!

hey...haf u been to lucida showflat...the marble floor meets ur standard anot ar....i was so impressed wor...but nvr buy due to silly balcony(metallic opaque)

orchard scotts marble also very impressive
    now feeling abit sore ....last yr only 12xxpsf

Shouldn't we be talking about $PSF instead of $ quantum when we say "expensive" or "cheap"?
    (Otherwise MM units costing $800k (of 400 sqft at $2000 psf) is "cheaper in quantum" than the OCR condo at $1.3m (of 1300 sqft) !).
    So what is the real $PSF there?
    I understand that some bungalows (not even GCBs status) in Trevose area already transacted at $1800 psf of land! That is still the "real CCR"!