Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678914192429 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 - OCR or CCR ?

with regard to the relocation of hdb office, i think part of the reason could be due to the fact that toa payoh is more centrally located and more accessible

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    You remember Bukit Merah Central? How Govt has tried to push up that place with HDB central office there? What happened to it now? I rather believe significant private developers and owners presence rather than just Govt. Their focus will just shift when they found the place to be saturated, find another fresh new more empty place to build it up so that they can also sell the land around that used to be ulu places at sky-high prices. This is what is happening around Jurong Lake and Payar Lebar. Let's see what happen 20 years after that. May be they started shifting to Simpang? Lim Chu Kang? How about Punggol, another place they touted as seaside quality living 10 years ago, has not much progress so far. No, I don't follow where they go. I follow where I can make money and live conveniently and comfortably, and not where they can sell to make money.

A while ago, people were talking about D1 being the new prime, replacing the traditional prime D9,D10,D11.

What happened? prices for D1 has remained stagnant, including TS and MBR. average price 2xxx. For D9,D10,D11, price has maintained 3xxx to 4xxx.
    comparing Robinson Suites 2600++, this is much less than Scotts Square, 3500++.

My point is government can build at other places, but the prime of primes is still Orchard for the simple reason is that price of property is sticky.

If property at Jurong increase to 2000psf, do you think Orchard will remain stagnant at 3xxx?

We can argue about % increase is more in Jurong, etc, but remember the following constraints and assumptions:
    1) affordability 30-35%
    2) salary relatively stagnant compare to property price increase
    3) LTV 70-80%
    4) mortgage tenure max 35-40 years.

How many HDB upgraders can afford a Jurong unit 1000sf @ 2000psf = $2million?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    quite true though...hehe

the address/prestige still got some weightage....i own a ppty in orchard wor...its like i own porsche....lol

i wud love to own a ppty in nassim area...$ not enuff leh

nassim best or ardmore park best?

for landed...i bio OCR landed now....but if i got it...mabe i will aspire to get a GCB....lol
    The perception used to be stronger in the past. But now times have changed...stay in orchard area? Ok loh. Last time it was OMFG you stay in Orchard?? Now is, not bad hor, you stay in orchard. Ur apartment MM or studio?

The best of condos in OCR can beat the worst condos in CCR, in quantum and psf.
    Like the newest OCR beating a 30year old LH in CCR for example, International Plaza.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Bukit Merah not consider centrally located compared to Toa Payoh? When I was young, Bukit Merah is considered more atas area compared to Toa Payoh. If I draw a direct line from Ochard ION, BM central is about 3km from ION while TP central is about close to 4km from ION! That has changed now? What won't change when the effort is spearheaded by the Govt? Their only constant is "Change". Good for them but not good for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    with regard to the relocation of hdb office, i think part of the reason could be due to the fact that toa payoh is more centrally located and more accessible

toa payoh accessible by PIE and CTE and these two expressways con link most parts of singapore to HDB hub. Bt Merah on has AYE.

Bukit Merah not consider centrally located compared to Toa Payoh? When I was young, Bukit Merah is considered more atas area compared to Toa Payoh. If I draw a direct line from Ochard ION, BM central is about 3km from ION while TP central is about close to 4km from ION! That has changed now? What won't change when the effort is spearheaded by the Govt? Their only constant is "Change". Good for them but not good for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i said luxury condos, i did not say similar amenities in the CCR will sprout up in the suburbs. By the way, have you had the chance to see the human traffic at jurong point? Govt has already had the jurong lake district plan mapped out and hotels, office buildings and entertainment centres will be built around the lake in the masterplan. As much as i do not like jurong, when the govt starts to bulldoze, we just cannot stop them. You can also take a walk at the new NEX mall in Serangoon and we will expect to see many such malls cropping up all over the island in future.
    Personally, i find the shopping experience in the largest shopping mall the in North-East, NEX, incomparable to Takashimaya, Wisma, Plaza Singapura, Raffles City, etc. somehow different...

How to sleep soundly at night when the next day you step out of your house you get slash with padang swiping youngsters and gangsters/foreigners (as reported in newspapers in Kallang, Bukit Panjang, Yishun housing estate areas)?
    Actually.. you don't have to step out of your house. The youngers/gangsters will climb into your house instead. They also very customer-service one.. They won't let the customer walk too far since the gangsters are taking the money and expensive items.

These shop owners - business poorer blame the pedestrian crossing?
    I have very bad experience with these pedestrians at that traffic road junction before LTA removed that traffic lights - These people are crossing the road even when the traffic light is RED man and because there are so many of them that you don't even dare to drive through them! I, like many drivers, give 3x3 cheers to LTA for removing that traffic light and making the traffic so smooth at that junction there now! Ask these retailers to go fly kite for wanting to restore that traffic light!
    Ask themselves to build a overhead bridge using money from their own pocket lah! The roads are built using our road taxes money, not from their own pocket! How can they expect LTA to build the overhead bridge for them using our road tax money?

====================
    Dec 11, 2010

ORCHARD ROAD RETAILERS
    Push for Orchard crossing

They say underground linkway at Ion Orchard has badly affected business

By Cheryl Lim

Pedestrians crossing at the junction of Scotts Road and Paterson Road. -- ST PHOTO: CHEW SENG KIM

RETAILERS in Singapore's most famous shopping district are lobbying the Government to reinstate a street-level crossing, claiming that its removal has hurt business.
    The once familiar pedestrian crossing is at the junction of Orchard and Paterson roads, between the Ion Orchard and Wheelock Place shopping malls.
    Read the full story in The Sunday Times.

You expect another Botanic Garden, Orchard ION + Takashimaya + Wisma Atria, Istana sprout up in every constituency in Singapore? Good! Orchard won't be so crowded as of now! Can have a president in every constituency also! More people got chance to be president! I really hope so but unfortunately I think that can only happen in my dream!
    I wouldn't be surprised if takashimaya sets up a branch store at jurong lake, just like Icetan set up a store at vivocity.

botanic garden? I believe that chinese garden is actually better in many aspects. the bonzai trees at chinese garden are specular.

istana, I will leave this issue untouched.

Orchard ION? what does it look like without the flood? I have seen it only in photos taken during the flood. haha, you know my drift.

by the way, I used to wonder why dinosaurs went extinct. Now I know. they refused to change, just like some of the old timers in this forum. they cannot see the trees for the forest. Singapore has changed, and the days that orchard road reins supreme are numbered. owners of ardmore park will be the biggest losers.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 15-12-10 at 15:27.

Ops, Takashimaya. Mmm, rather I am referring to "Ngee Ann City" shopping mall of which Takashimaya is housed. Yes, please ask Ngee Ann Kongsi to build another "Ngee Ann City" at Jurong Lake. that will help to reduce those "window shoppers" current around crowding the place.

Orchard ION got flooding inside? Please don't anyhow spread rumours!

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I wouldn't be surprised if takashimaya sets up a branch store at jurong lake, just like Icetan set up a store at vivocity.

botanic garden? I believe that chinese garden is actually better in many aspects. the bonzai trees at chinese garden are specular.

Orchard ION? what does it look like without the flood? I have seen it only in photos taken during the flood. haha, you know my drift.

Ops, Takashimaya. Mmm, rather I am referring to "Ngee Ann City" shopping mall of which Takashimaya is housed. Yes, please ask Ngee Ann Kongsi to build another "Ngee Ann City" at Jurong Lake. that will help to reduce those "window shoppers" current around crowding the place.

Orchard ION got flooding inside? Please don't anyhow spread rumours!
    isn't flooding outside enough for you. why are you such gluttons for punishment?

what is so big deal about ngee ann city? is it as grand as umpire state building. why do you have such emotional attachment to it?

You brain-dead already is it? Why don't you ask why so many people from all over Singapore want to crowd at Ngee Ann City when they don't even live anywhere close by? Then you will find out the real reason. There are already so many shopping malls in their OCR suburbs beside or near their house according to you but they just like to crowd at Ngee Ann City! Why why why? Either so many of them got brain problem (based on your opinion) or your brain got problem? Why don't you all do a voting? (You lose for sure!)

isn't flooding outside enough for you. why are you such gluttons for punishment?

what is so big deal about ngee ann city? is it as grand as umpire state building. why do you have such emotional attachment to it?

Wonder if high end tourists would mind staying in Sentosa hotels, MB, or upclass hotels in downtown area to switch to suburb branch since Taka also have branch in AMK, Bishan Jurong..maybe LV will also open boutiques there...miggled with heartlanders...and still say Singapore is shopping paradise...?

by the way, I used to wonder why dinosaurs went extinct. Now I know. they refused to change, just like some of the old timers in this forum. they cannot see the trees for the forest. Singapore has changed, and the days that orchard road reins supreme are numbered. owners of ardmore park will be the biggest losers.
    Not taking sides here but I believe many like myself not that big fans of botanic or orchard...once in a long while ok but not every other day.

Those are tourist attractions (like little india or chinatown) and I wouldn't want to stay in a touristy area. Matter of choice, not budget.

Private units sales up in Nov
    Posted: 15 December 2010 1324 hrs

SINGAPORE:
    The data, released every month, showed sales outside the prime central region (ORC) led with 1,229 units sold, followed by rest of central region (RCR) at 467 units, and core central region (CCR) at just 213 units.

The most expensive residential unit, priced at S$4,358 per square foot, was sold at Scotts Square, a Wheelock Properties' project on Scotts Road.

The cheapest unit was sold at Waterview, a Sim Lian project at Tampines Avenue, for S$501 per square foot.

-CNA/wk

Does this rest the case of CCR versus OCR?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Private units sales up in Nov
    Posted: 15 December 2010 1324 hrs

SINGAPORE:
    The data, released every month, showed sales outside the prime central region (ORC) led with 1,229 units sold, followed by rest of central region (RCR) at 467 units, and core central region (CCR) at just 213 units.

The most expensive residential unit, priced at S$4,358 per square foot, was sold at Scotts Square, a Wheelock Properties' project on Scotts Road.

The cheapest unit was sold at Waterview, a Sim Lian project at Tampines Avenue, for S$501 per square foot.

-CNA/wk

Does this rest the case of CCR versus OCR?
    errr.. the question is which will increase in value more over the next year (% wise), not which is more expensive or cheaper....

Had a ran at botantic gardens over the wkend. Very nice garden Enjoy a Sunday tea @ PS cafe also quiet shiok. Plan to do a breakfast Pinic this Sat morning @ Botantic Garden

Yes, my carabelle has marble flooring. each piece cut from a whole slab. btw, d'leedon has homogeneous flooring throughout each unit. there is no even one granule of marble, not even one broken piece. go check it out at the showflat.

I hope this shuts him up.
    I must say i am surprised! Poor Zaha...to see your child disfigured and now improperly dressed...

there is even a well in the yard of the GCB. my wife couldn't sleep at night. She kept imagining a ghost climbing out of the well to attack her. She saw too many Japanese ghost movies, one of which showed a girl ghost climbing out of a well to attack a family watching TV.
    The Ring. Ms Sadako.

Funny ! See Well cannot sleep! Kudos to the director.

Teddy do u happen to own a unit at tulip garden? Your passion abt CCR is like my cousin-property guru(IMHO)

Cool

Good points teddy!

This forum is infested with a lot of birdtalk people who twist facts according to their own vested interest instead of sound and logical reasonings.

Stay in hdb rental flats and no need to argue and self justify here till veins pop out of your neck.

Same chicken, different ease of access, different environment mah. Otherwise Malaysia Johor chicken rice even cheaper, why don't you go eat there everyday? Malaysia terrace house only RM100k (i.e. S$40k! Cheaper than a car in Singapore!). Why don't 95% of people in Singapore who can't afford CCR private properties go live there (can save much much more money than living in OCR or even HDB flats anywhere in Singapore)?
    In fact, if you own even a 3rm HDB flat in Singapore, you can straight-away sell it and retire in a terrace house in Malaysia Johor! Don't even need to work anymore! Why work so hard and slough for hours just to be able to buy even a HDB "pigeon hole" in Singapore?

You brain-dead already is it? Why don't you ask why so many people from all over Singapore want to crowd at Ngee Ann City when they don't even live anywhere close by? Then you will find out the real reason. There are already so many shopping malls in their OCR suburbs beside or near their house according to you but they just like to crowd at Ngee Ann City! Why why why? Either so many of them got brain problem (based on your opinion) or your brain got problem? Why don't you all do a voting? (You lose for sure!)

everyone goes thru a phase in life ...

i believe most of the crowd we see in orchard , ngee ann city etc are tourists and YOUNGER people ..

when i was in my teen... i hang out in orchard too ...

i personally dont like crowd ...

cannot imagine myself living at ION .... after dinner ..come downstairs for a STROLL ..have to fight the crowd .. more tiring than relaxing ...

No worry. If you stay yourself in L1 and above (not basement levels for the more general shoppers), very few crowd to squeeze with you because not many can afford the stuffs in these levels. See already they more heartache and felt like jumping from the top of Pinnacle thinking "why people can afford but I can't! "!

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

i believe most of the crowd we see in orchard , ngee ann city etc are tourists and YOUNGER people ..

cannot imagine myself living at ION .... after dinner ..come downstairs for a STROLL ..have to fight the crowd .. more tiring than relaxing ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

Is Ion sold out? I still see many units having empty balconies.

No worry. If you stay yourself in L1 and above (not basement levels for the more general shoppers), very few crowd to squeeze with you because not many can afford the stuffs in these levels. See already they more heartache and felt like jumping from the top of Pinnacle thinking "why people can afford but I can't! "!
    ha ha... In Ion, rich people above ground. poor people under ground....

I already said many times, these rich people buy to leave them empty and use as weekend homes for themselves and their families. Empty balconies has been a common sight for last 13 years in many CCR properties since 1997. What is new here?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Is Ion sold out? I still see many units having empty balconies.

I already said many times, these rich people buy to leave them empty and use as weekend homes for themselves and their families. Empty balconies has been a common sight for last 13 years in many CCR properties since 1997. What is new here?
    empty balconies for weekend homes? that sounds illogical. We have used our second condo as weekend home for one year. And it is a mess now. and the balcony's plants are taller than me.

the more plausible reason that these CCR condos' balconies are bare is because the owners are stuck, not willing to sell at prices below what they paid for them.

very funny to buy orchard area for wkend home....sentosa better wat....or batam...cheaper...haha

This shows you ignorance about the lure of condos in Orchard for these foreigners. This had and still has been happening in Singapore for past 13 years regarding of property boom or property recession. What is funny to you is not funny to these owners.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    very funny to buy orchard area for wkend home....sentosa better wat....or batam...cheaper...haha