Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314192429 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 - OCR or CCR ?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Regarding the calculation that I agree.
    On paper, it is logical to assume that it easier for OCR to gain 20% rather than for CCR to gain 20%.
    However, what does history show?
    in 1980, 1990,2000,2010, what were the gap between OCR and CCR?
    Where is JLRX when you need him? JLRX could probably give the newspaper cuttings of prices at those times.

Perhaps we can use HDB as extreme example:
    In 1980, 1 GCB can buy how many HDB?
    In 2010, 1 GCB can buy how many HDB?
    JLRX busy selling his properties

havent seen jlrx in a while. Has he stopped his preachings on propertism?

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    JLRX busy selling his properties

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    havent seen jlrx in a while. Has he stopped his preachings on propertism?

Hard to pitch when you don't do what you advocate I guess...

so he has become the prodigal some of his own religion lol

Hard to pitch when you don't do what you advocate I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    so he has become the prodigal some of his own religion lol
    He was first to disappear when cooling measures were announced in August

He's also a big fan of mickeymousation - maybe his holding power ran out LOL

He was first to disappear when cooling measures were announced in August

He's also a big fan of mickeymousation - maybe his holding power ran out LOL
    These 3 has disappeared, Property Owner, Jlrx, Reporter.
    Don't tell me Property Owner also has no holding power?? or Property Owner is the MD of seafood distributor who lost $26mil?

Anyway, very much unlikely that Jlrx has no holding power. Interest rates didn't go up, it went down in fact after cooling measures. And his properties are all cheap, like his 10 properties are worth less than 1 Aadmore Park condo. Curioser and curioser.

These 3 has disappeared, Property Owner, Jlrx, Reporter.
    Don't tell me Property Owner also has no holding power?? or Property Owner is the MD of seafood distributor who lost $26mil?

Anyway, very much unlikely that Jlrx has no holding power. Interest rates didn't go up, it went down in fact after cooling measures. And his properties are all cheap, like his 10 properties are worth less than 1 Aadmore Park condo. Curioser and curioser.
    Property owner wasn't very active in the first place.
    Are you jlrx?

That will be interesting...

Property owner wasn't very active in the first place.
    Are you jlrx?

That will be interesting...
    Oh goodness gracious me, I am suffering from a multiple personality disorder

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    As I've said numerous times, different people ascribe a different premium to the badge. The question is whether the premium will increase or decrease. We can argue until the cow come home. The actual numbers will tell the truth one year later. Just like due to your lack of affiliation, you will pay a huge premium to get your child witihin 1km of whatever "elite" school. But others with affiliation need NOT do that anymore because even if they stay 5km away from the elite school, their children can still get in by virtue of their parent's affiliation. tio bo?

I hope you and Teddybear can finally one day understand - not everyone needs to be within 1km of whatever school to get their children into that school. There is such a thing called affiliation. That is when the world is their oyster and they can choose live where they wanna live without that limitation. in addition, many of us are already buying 3rd property or more. The need to diversify and find new frontier areas is important in order to achieve supernormal returns.

As to your desire to live amongst the "wees" or the "lees" - that is your personal preference. You can't assume everyone like to drop names about this or that person is living in my "district". That's quite amusing, Anyway, a 1000sq ft condo within the same district is a far cry from a GCB. Dropping names is not gonna impress anyone other than yourself.
    Very interesting debate

Getting a property is like finding a wife. What are the attributes you look for?
    Some like long hair (Surrounding with tall buildings)
    Some like short hair (Surrounding with nice landscape, no tall buildings)
    Some like big eyes (Big balconies)
    Some like long legs (Tall trees around house provide good shading)
    Some like tall (high level unit)
    Some like short & slim (MM unit)
    Some like rich girl (Investment potential?)
    Some like fat fat one (Big big house)
    Some like young girl (new development?)
    Some like matured woman (old house/development)
    Some has no preference (Can find a wife very happy already) - Something affordable
    Some don't care (????) - just want a roof

Can you say who is right or who is wrong? No. There is no right or wrong answer lah. Everyone has their own needs and requirements.

It all starting with individual feelings - so long as you love her & she love you, nobody can stop you. When you like the place, like what you see & touch (love at first sight), you go for it right? I've seen some husband one head shorter than wife and they're very happy together. I've seen some PYT married to a so so looking guy - their choice what.

If have children (including a son) & can live happily forever after, that will be nice & ideal. (Good Investment)

If divorce also can't help (bank ask for top up, no money to pay).

Wife can't bear child (no investment growth), but you still love her so who cares.

If (touchwood) wife unfortunately got seriously ill/gone forever (market crash). Life still need to goes on.

Want to marry multiple wives (own mulitple properties), government & most religion don't allow you too unless you're muslim with T&C (cooling measures in placed). Some invest in other countries to cover up illegal money (bao er nai).

Even experience investor can made wrong decision. So need to sell to cut loss and re-invest. (divorce and married another one).
    Goes through your own SWAT analysis first before you make the final decision.

Above is just my personal view. Do not believe completely in what I wrote. Take it with a pinch of salt. If you don't like what I wrote - just whack. Í'll not throw a punch back.

BTW, Christmas is just around the corner. A Merry Christmas to everyone here.

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    Very interesting debate

Getting a property is like finding a wife. What are the attributes you look for?
    Some has no preference (Can find a wife very happy already) - Something affordable

Can you say who is right or who is wrong? No. There is no right or wrong answer lah. Everyone has their own needs and requirements.

It all starting with individual feelings - so long as you love her & she love you, nobody can stop you. When you like the place, like what you see & touch (love at first sight), you go for it right? I've seen some husband one head shorter than wife and they're very happy together. I've seen some PYT married to a so so looking guy - their choice what.

If have children (including a son) & can live happily forever after, that will be nice & ideal. (Good Investment)

Wife can't bear child (no investment growth), but you still love her so who cares.

If (touchwood) wife unfortunately got seriously ill/gone forever (market crash). Life still need to goes on.

Want to marry multiple wives (own mulitple properties), government & most religion don't allow you too unless you're muslim with T&C (cooling measures in placed). Some invest in other countries to cover up illegal money (bao er nai).

Even experience investor can made wrong decision. So need to sell to cut loss and re-invest. (divorce and married another one).

Above is just my personal view. Do not believe completely in what I wrote. Take it with a pinch of salt. If you don't like what I wrote - just whack. Í'll not throw a punch back.

Oops. Should be SWOT not SWAT.

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    Very interesting debate

I like a long hair gal who looks good with short hair too, with big eyes, long legs, tall and slim, rich and big at some areas, preferably quite young but mature. That's quite a general preference right?

As I've said, there is a premium, is whether the premium will increase or decrease right? I just believe with increased connectivity, the premium will narrow. It has happened last year and will continue to do so as new areas get developed. It's the same concept as developing nations growing at a faster pace than developed nations, which struggle to grow (if at all).

As i always believe, widen your horizons. Some people only travel to certain destinations. Others like more exotic vacation spots, even if it means it doesn't have the similar large scale "brand name" hotels. Some people only invest in developed nations while others diversify into developing countries/localities. It takes more guts to be unconventional. I just believe those $600-800psf OCRs/RCRs near MRT or future MRT, has a higher potential upside today than those $2000psf CCR properties. Remember, a $600psf property just need to become $720psf to achieve a 20% return. Whereas a Glynderbourne at $2300psf needs to go up to $2800psf to achieve the same return - what r the surrounding condos trading at? I would rather place my bet on the former than the latter.

And Singapore has 27 (?) districts, why does one has to restrict their investments or scope to only 3-4 districts? 5,12,13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ,20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25,26,27 etc. - there r so many choices and undervalued gems still do exist, why confine yourself within a box? If one is buying investment property, returns is the #1 critera - not prestige anymore (since I'm not living there). I believe those harping about prestige or and living amongst "Lees" is still looking at PRIMARY residence right? Then the motivation from others looking to invest in more properties is very different.
    Rather interesting view point. Perhaps the best returns come from anticipating where the actions is going to be n have first mover advantage.

On the 20% return on OCR point sounds logical. However on a broader view , i think the arguments stems on the difference between 2 very different segment of buyers.

1) look for value, thus $2000 psf doesnt make sense.
    2) Pays more as they are not price sensitive.

Hence the heated "discussion" on prestige vs value proposition. 2010 belongs to OCR - walkover win. Wats your take on 2011? taking into consideration the high possibility of influx of foreign buyers? 30% of new sales in Nov already showing this trend.

Perhaps a better understanding of buying behaviours of this group of foreign investors will lets us "forecast" which region will move more.

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    I like a long hair gal who looks good with short hair too, with big eyes, long legs, tall and slim, rich and big at some areas, preferably quite young but mature. That's quite a general preference right?

a chick who looks like this is ...........

an Ostrich

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Your saying is analogeous to saying that somebody who earns much less, say $5,000 pm (who can afford $600-800 psf 3BR property in OCR) has a much better chance of increasing their pay to push up OCR property prices, especially if they are young and energetic and strong, compared to a much older person drawing a pay of $15,000 pm (who can afford $2000 psf 3BR property in CCR). You believe the latter earning $15,000 pm has relatively little upside in pay. Is this really true? Well well, we know this is not. Looking at the salary data, it seems those earning $15,000 pm or more has their earnings increased much faster and at a faster rate than those earning $5,000 pm. In this case, which property should have greater % upside based on affordability in future?

As I've said, there is a premium, is whether the premium will increase or decrease right? I just believe with increased connectivity, the premium will narrow. It has happened last year and will continue to do so as new areas get developed. It's the same concept as developing nations growing at a faster pace than developed nations, which struggle to grow (if at all).

As i always believe, widen your horizons. Some people only travel to certain destinations. Others like more exotic vacation spots, even if it means it doesn't have the similar large scale "brand name" hotels. Some people only invest in developed nations while others diversify into developing countries/localities. It takes more guts to be unconventional. I just believe those $600-800psf OCRs/RCRs near MRT or future MRT, has a higher potential upside today than those $2000psf CCR properties. Remember, a $600psf property just need to become $720psf to achieve a 20% return. Whereas a Glynderbourne at $2300psf needs to go up to $2800psf to achieve the same return - what r the surrounding condos trading at? I would rather place my bet on the former than the latter.

And Singapore has 27 (?) districts, why does one has to restrict their investments or scope to only 3-4 districts? 5,12,13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ,20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25,26,27 etc. - there r so many choices and undervalued gems still do exist, why confine yourself within a box? If one is buying investment property, returns is the #1 critera - not prestige anymore (since I'm not living there). I believe those harping about prestige or and living amongst "Lees" is still looking at PRIMARY residence right? Then the motivation from others looking to invest in more properties is very different.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    a chick who looks like this is ...........

an Ostrich
    Perhaps you prefer the opposite - short, fat, small eyes... a hobbit looking for a magic ring? I will stick to my preference.

i tink GCBs best potential...

but no $ aso no use...haha

According to the theory of some people here, GCB got zero potential because absolute figure too big, where got upside potential?
    Their theory is should buy those the cheapest $PSF, eg. those terrace houses selling at $300-400 psf in Woodlands or Sembawang sure got much much better potential, or better still those selling at $100 psf (even if with 10 years lease left, cheap wah, sure have better upside potential!).

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i tink GCBs best potential...

but no $ aso no use...haha

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    According to the theory of some people here, GCB got zero potential because absolute figure too big, where got upside potential?
    Their theory is should buy those the cheapest $PSF, eg. those terrace houses selling at $300-400 psf in Woodlands or Sembawang sure got much much better potential, or better still those selling at $100 psf (even if with 10 years lease left, cheap wah, sure have better upside potential!).
    300-400 psf?? wait long long...unless the condition is deplorable...

even those 99 year in woodlands asking past 500 easily...some asking 700+

Ok, below an incomplete list of those below $500 psf. So many available. Since according to theory of some people that OCR will converge with CCR, these are terribly undervalued! Unfortunately looks like many people don't buy such views! Those people should just pull funds to buy up all these cheap units and make tons of money by themselves instead.

Project Name Street Name Type No. of Units Price
    ($) Area (Sqft)1
    Type of Area2
    Unit Price ($psf)3
    Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement Signed LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT YIO CHU KANG ROAD Terrace House 1 505,000 3,306 Land 153 Dec-09 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT YIO CHU KANG ROAD Terrace House 1 510,000 3,269 Land 156 Feb-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT YIO CHU KANG ROAD Terrace House 1 658,000 3,229 Land 204 Feb-10 NORTHSHORE BUNGALOWS PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 2,323,000 10,301 Strata 226 May-10 NORTHSHORE BUNGALOWS PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 2,323,000 10,301 Strata 226 May-10 NORTHSHORE BUNGALOWS PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 2,550,000 11,173 Strata 228 Apr-10 NORTHSHORE BUNGALOWS PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 2,500,000 10,818 Strata 231 May-10 NORTHSHORE BUNGALOWS PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 2,480,000 10,430 Strata 238 Sep-10 NORTHSHORE BUNGALOWS PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 2,520,000 10,527 Strata 239 Aug-10 NORTHSHORE BUNGALOWS PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 2,500,000 10,366 Strata 241 Sep-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN ASAS Terrace House 1 466,000 1,880 Land 248 Aug-10 NORTHSHORE BUNGALOWS PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 2,800,000 10,818 Strata 259 Sep-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT YIO CHU KANG ROAD Terrace House 1 875,000 3,306 Land 265 Jun-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN BANGKET Semi-Detached House 1 990,000 3,643 Land 272 Feb-10 NORTHSHORE BUNGALOWS PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 2,800,000 10,107 Strata 277 Sep-10 PONGGOL PARK PONGGOL TWENTY-FOURTH AVENUE Detached House 1 4,000,000 14,036 Land 285 May-10 TIVOLI GARDENS TAI KENG PLACE Terrace House 1 1,480,000 4,946 Land 299 Apr-10 TEACHER'S HOUSING ESTATE LI PO AVENUE Terrace House 1 750,000 2,457 Land 305 Aug-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT MAYFLOWER ROAD Terrace House 1 650,000 2,023 Land 321 Feb-10 WESTVILLE WESTWOOD AVENUE Terrace House 1 1,500,000 4,679 Land 321 Jul-10 PASIR RIS BEACH PARK PASIR RIS AVENUE Detached House 1 2,900,000 8,789 Land 330 Apr-10 WESTVILLE WESTWOOD AVENUE Terrace House 1 1,488,000 4,479 Land 332 Feb-10 VILLA BEGONIA BEGONIA WALK Semi-Detached House 1 1,610,000 4,780 Land 337 May-10 WESTVILLE WESTWOOD WALK Semi-Detached House 1 1,550,000 4,591 Land 338 Apr-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT PLATINA ROAD Terrace House 1 1,398,888 4,123 Strata 339 Jul-10 JEWEL @ CHUAN HOE CHUAN HOE AVENUE Terrace House 1 1,925,000 5,662 Strata 340 Feb-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,230,000 3,488 Strata 353 Jan-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,260,000 3,498 Strata 360 Jan-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN TARI PIRING Terrace House 1 650,000 1,807 Land 360 Jan-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,270,000 3,509 Strata 362 Mar-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,000,000 2,745 Strata 364 Aug-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,205,000 3,305 Strata 365 Dec-09 CERELIA VISTA LORONG AH SOO Terrace House 1 2,380,000 6,512 Strata 365 Jun-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN KURNIA Terrace House 1 1,980,000 5,408 Land 366 Feb-10 BARTLEY VILLAS HOW SUN WALK Semi-Detached House 1 1,680,000 4,585 Land 366 May-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,343,000 3,649 Strata 368 May-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 2,300,000 6,231 Land 369 Jan-10 TAI KENG VILLAS JALAN KELICHAP Terrace House 1 1,500,000 4,031 Land 372 Apr-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,195,000 3,197 Strata 374 Jan-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,230,000 3,283 Strata 375 Apr-10 SELETAR HILLS ESTATE JALAN KECHUBONG Detached House 1 3,200,000 8,485 Land 377 Apr-10 SARACA GARDENS SARACA DRIVE Semi-Detached House 1 2,000,000 5,299 Land 377 Dec-09 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT KOVAN ROAD Terrace House 1 715,000 1,882 Land 380 Nov-10 JEWEL @ CHUAN HOE CHUAN HOE AVENUE Terrace House 1 1,550,000 4,080 Strata 380 Dec-09 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,250,000 3,283 Strata 381 Aug-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,250,000 3,283 Strata 381 Mar-10 ASTON GREEN PAYA LEBAR CRESCENT Semi-Detached House 1 1,915,000 5,027 Strata 381 Dec-09 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,150,000 3,014 Strata 382 Dec-09 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,150,000 3,014 Strata 382 Jul-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,240,000 3,240 Strata 383 Jun-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,200,000 3,132 Strata 383 Apr-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,360,888 3,541 Strata 384 Aug-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,160,000 3,014 Strata 385 Mar-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,160,000 3,014 Strata 385 Mar-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,250,000 3,240 Strata 386 Aug-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,280,000 3,305 Strata 387 Apr-10 SARACA VILLAS SARACA TERRACE Terrace House 1 1,300,000 3,349 Land 388 Dec-09 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,170,000 3,014 Strata 388 Jun-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,260,000 3,240 Strata 389 Jun-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,285,000 3,283 Strata 391 Feb-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,180,000 3,014 Strata 392 Jan-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,300,000 3,305 Strata 393 May-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,300,000 3,305 Strata 393 Jun-10 SEMBAWANG SPRINGS ESTATE JALAN SAJAK Semi-Detached House 1 2,088,888 5,314 Land 393 Dec-09 PASIR RIS BEACH PARK PASIR RIS WAY Semi-Detached House 1 1,800,000 4,577 Land 393 Mar-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,285,000 3,261 Strata 394 Apr-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,080,000 2,734 Strata 395 Mar-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,300,000 3,283 Strata 396 May-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,300,000 3,283 Strata 396 Oct-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,360,000 3,434 Strata 396 Sep-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,300,000 3,283 Strata 396 Oct-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,428,000 3,584 Strata 398 Jul-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT MENG SUAN ROAD Semi-Detached House 1 1,800,000 4,514 Land 399 Jun-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,310,000 3,283 Strata 399 Aug-10 SPRINGLEAF VILLAS SPRINGLEAF CRESCENT Semi-Detached House 1 1,480,000 3,703 Strata 400 Apr-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,100,000 2,745 Strata 401 Aug-10 THE RIVERINA RIVERINA CRESCENT Detached House 1 2,450,000 6,112 Land 401 Aug-10 SEMBAWANG HILLS ESTATE JALAN TELANG Terrace House 1 850,000 2,117 Land 401 Mar-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN SENDUDOK Semi-Detached House 1 2,000,000 4,965 Land 403 Dec-09 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,200,000 2,960 Strata 405 Feb-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,338,000 3,305 Strata 405 Jul-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,330,000 3,272 Strata 406 Oct-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,190,000 2,906 Strata 409 Mar-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT LORONG BUANG KOK Semi-Detached House 1 1,625,000 3,957 Land 411 May-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,350,000 3,283 Strata 411 Apr-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT MENG SUAN ROAD Detached House 1 2,535,000 6,158 Land 412 Jan-10 SUMMER VILLAS GERALD DRIVE Terrace House 1 1,455,000 3,531 Strata 412 Feb-10 ASTON GREEN PAYA LEBAR CRESCENT Semi-Detached House 1 1,680,000 4,069 Strata 413 Apr-10 ASTON GREEN PAYA LEBAR CRESCENT Semi-Detached House 1 1,680,000 4,069 Strata 413 Mar-10 ASTON GREEN PAYA LEBAR CRESCENT Semi-Detached House 1 1,680,000 4,069 Strata 413 Apr-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,250,000 3,014 Strata 415 Jul-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN SENDUDOK Semi-Detached House 1 1,900,000 4,576 Land 415 Jul-10 ASTON GREEN PAYA LEBAR CRESCENT Semi-Detached House 1 1,688,000 4,069 Strata 415 Mar-10 ASTON GREEN PAYA LEBAR CRESCENT Semi-Detached House 1 1,694,100 4,069 Strata 416 Apr-10 ASTON GREEN PAYA LEBAR CRESCENT Semi-Detached House 1 1,694,100 4,069 Strata 416 Apr-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT LORONG TANGGAM Semi-Detached House 1 2,100,000 5,039 Land 417 Mar-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,370,000 3,283 Strata 417 Jun-10 ASTON GREEN PAYA LEBAR CRESCENT Semi-Detached House 1 1,700,000 4,069 Strata 418 Feb-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT POH HUAT ROAD Terrace House 1 1,000,000 2,389 Land 419 Aug-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,285,000 3,068 Strata 419 Aug-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,265,000 3,014 Strata 420 Oct-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,280,000 3,046 Strata 420 Mar-10 ASTON GREEN PAYA LEBAR CRESCENT Semi-Detached House 1 1,714,700 4,069 Strata 421 Dec-09 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,468,000 3,477 Strata 422 Sep-10 CERELIA VISTA LORONG AH SOO Terrace House 1 2,450,000 5,791 Strata 423 Jun-10 SERANGOON GARDEN ESTATE CARDIFF GROVE Terrace House 1 1,760,000 4,140 Land 425 Feb-10 ASTON GREEN PAYA LEBAR CRESCENT Semi-Detached House 1 1,730,000 4,069 Strata 425 Feb-10 VILLA VERDE VERDE VIEW Terrace House 1 1,320,000 3,104 Land 425 Feb-10 SEMBAWANG SPRINGS ESTATE JALAN KEMUNING Semi-Detached House 1 1,690,000 3,970 Land 426 Feb-10 SPRINGLEAF VILLAS SPRINGLEAF CRESCENT Semi-Detached House 1 1,500,000 3,520 Strata 426 Sep-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,302,800 3,046 Strata 428 Sep-10 PASIR RIS BEACH PARK PASIR RIS HEIGHTS Terrace House 1 1,100,000 2,573 Land 428 Sep-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT SUNRISE AVENUE Semi-Detached House 1 1,300,000 3,034 Land 428 Feb-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,250,000 2,906 Strata 430 Aug-10 PASIR RIS BEACH PARK PASIR RIS HEIGHTS Terrace House 1 1,098,000 2,555 Land 430 Jun-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT PAYA LEBAR CRESCENT Detached House 1 3,871,000 9,005 Land 430 Jul-10 HORIZON GARDENS ANG MO KIO AVENUE 2 Terrace House 1 1,390,000 3,229 Strata 430 Jan-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT PAYA LEBAR CRESCENT Semi-Detached House 1 1,925,000 4,471 Land 431 Aug-10 COUNTRYVIEW SEMBAWANG PLACE Terrace House 1 930,000 2,153 Strata 432 Aug-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,260,000 2,906 Strata 434 Jul-10 HILLSIDE GARDENS HILLSIDE DRIVE Terrace House 1 958,000 2,207 Strata 434 Jun-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,200,000 2,766 Strata 434 Nov-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN BUMBONG Semi-Detached House 1 1,850,000 4,256 Land 435 Jun-10 ASTON GREEN PAYA LEBAR CRESCENT Detached House 1 2,600,000 5,974 Strata 435 Jan-10 SELETAR HILLS ESTATE JALAN KECHUBONG Detached House 1 3,450,000 7,906 Land 436 Nov-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,440,000 3,305 Strata 436 Nov-10 LE ROYCE @ LEITH PARK LEITH PARK Terrace House 1 1,650,000 3,778 Strata 437 Mar-10 HORIZON GREEN ANG MO KIO AVENUE 2 Terrace House 1 1,500,000 3,423 Strata 438 Aug-10 HORIZON GREEN ANG MO KIO AVENUE 2 Terrace House 1 1,408,000 3,197 Strata 440 Aug-10 SEMBAWANG SPRINGS ESTATE JALAN SHAER Detached House 1 2,580,000 5,864 Land 440 Jan-10 WESTVILLE WESTWOOD TERRACE Terrace House 1 1,050,000 2,389 Land 440 Jun-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,458,000 3,305 Strata 441 Oct-10 PASIR RIS BEACH PARK PASIR RIS HEIGHTS Terrace House 1 1,050,000 2,383 Land 441 Jun-10 JEWEL @ CHUAN HOE CHUAN HOE AVENUE Terrace House 1 1,800,000 4,080 Strata 441 Jul-10 CERELIA VISTA LORONG AH SOO Terrace House 1 2,180,000 4,919 Strata 443 Apr-10 CERELIA VISTA LORONG AH SOO Terrace House 1 2,180,000 4,919 Strata 443 May-10 CERELIA VISTA LORONG AH SOO Terrace House 1 2,180,000 4,919 Strata 443 May-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN KURNIA Terrace House 1 2,400,000 5,408 Land 444 Oct-10 HORIZON GREEN ANG MO KIO AVENUE 2 Terrace House 1 1,380,000 3,111 Strata 444 Oct-10 HORIZON GARDENS ANG MO KIO AVENUE 2 Terrace House 1 1,678,000 3,778 Strata 444 Sep-10 CERELIA VISTA LORONG AH SOO Terrace House 1 2,346,000 5,274 Strata 445 Apr-10 CERELIA VISTA LORONG AH SOO Terrace House 1 2,188,000 4,919 Strata 445 Apr-10 HORIZON GREEN ANG MO KIO AVENUE 2 Terrace House 1 1,488,000 3,337 Strata 446 May-10 THE GARDENS AT GERALD GERALD DRIVE Terrace House 1 1,570,000 3,520 Strata 446 Mar-10 THE SHAUGHNESSY MILTONIA CLOSE Terrace House 1 1,468,000 3,283 Strata 447 Jul-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT BUKIT MUGLISTON Semi-Detached House 1 2,780,000 6,218 Land 447 Jan-10 LENTOR VIEW LENTOR VALE Semi-Detached House 1 2,600,000 5,814 Land 447 Jan-10 SERANGOON GARDEN ESTATE SERANGOON GARDEN WAY Semi-Detached House 1 2,400,000 5,368 Land 447 Feb-10 THE ARECA BUNGA RAMPAI PLACE Terrace House 1 1,100,000 2,454 Strata 448 Mar-10 CERELIA VISTA LORONG AH SOO Terrace House 1 2,190,000 4,876 Strata 449 May-10 CERELIA VISTA LORONG AH SOO Terrace House 1 2,194,200 4,876 Strata 450 May-10 CERELIA VISTA LORONG AH SOO Terrace House 1 2,184,750 4,855 Strata 450 May-10 CERELIA VISTA LORONG AH SOO Terrace House 1 2,213,550 4,919 Strata 450 Apr-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN LENGKOK SEMBAWANG Semi-Detached House 1 1,680,000 3,728 Land 451 Jun-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN BUMBONG Semi-Detached House 1 1,930,000 4,280 Land 451 Apr-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,310,000 2,896 Strata 452 Nov-10 3BHC BRIGHT HILL CRESCENT Semi-Detached House 1 2,210,000 4,887 Strata 452 Mar-10 HORIZON GARDENS ANG MO KIO AVENUE 2 Terrace House 1 1,300,000 2,874 Strata 452 Feb-10 SPRINGHILL SEMBAWANG WALK Terrace House 1 1,250,000 2,766 Strata 452 Sep-10 PINEWOOD TERRACE PINEWOOD GROVE Terrace House 1 1,200,000 2,648 Land 453 Jan-10 SELETAR HILLS ESTATE NERAM ROAD Terrace House 1 3,100,000 6,829 Land 454 Mar-10 WESTVILLE WESTWOOD WALK Semi-Detached House 1 1,010,000 2,225 Land 454 Jan-10 THE GARDENS AT GERALD GERALD DRIVE Terrace House 1 1,560,000 3,434 Strata 454 Jun-10 ATELIER VILLAS YIO CHU KANG DRIVE Terrace House 1 1,400,000 3,079 Strata 455 Feb-10 VILLA VERDE VERDE WALK Terrace House 1 1,210,000 2,659 Land 455 Dec-09 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT AROOZOO AVENUE Semi-Detached House 1 1,600,000 3,499 Land 457 Feb-10 CERELIA VISTA LORONG AH SOO Terrace House 1 2,260,000 4,919 Strata 459 Jul-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT KERONG LANE Terrace House 1 1,720,000 3,746 Land 459 Jun-10 CERELIA VISTA LORONG AH SOO Terrace House 1 2,233,300 4,855 Strata 460 Apr-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN BUMBONG Semi-Detached House 1 1,760,000 3,828 Land 460 Sep-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 3,200,000 6,958 Land 460 Dec-09 CERELIA VISTA LORONG AH SOO Terrace House 1 2,262,000 4,919 Strata 460 Jun-10 SOLARIS RESIDENCES PAYA LEBAR CRESCENT Terrace House 1 1,750,000 3,800 Strata 461 Jul-10 THE GARDENS AT GERALD GERALD DRIVE Terrace House 1 1,540,000 3,337 Strata 462 Apr-10 HORIZON GREEN ANG MO KIO AVENUE 2 Terrace House 1 1,438,000 3,111 Strata 462 Oct-10 HORIZON GARDENS ANG MO KIO AVENUE 2 Terrace House 1 1,330,000 2,874 Strata 463 Sep-10 SEMBAWANG SPRINGS ESTATE JALAN MALU-MALU Semi-Detached House 1 3,000,000 6,482 Land 463 Jul-10 TRUSSVILLE PAYA LEBAR CRESCENT Terrace House 1 1,588,800 3,423 Strata 464 Feb-10 FLORIDA PARK SUNRISE WAY Semi-Detached House 1 2,300,000 4,946 Land 465 Feb-10 SOLARIS RESIDENCES PAYA LEBAR CRESCENT Terrace House 1 1,770,000 3,800 Strata 466 Jan-10 SELETAR HILLS ESTATE JALAN RESAK Semi-Detached House 1 1,470,000 3,151 Land 467 Jan-10 PASIR RIS BEACH PARK PASIR RIS HEIGHTS Terrace House 1 1,268,888 2,718 Land 467 Nov-10 PARK VILLAS PARK VILLAS RISE Terrace House 1 1,470,000 3,142 Land 468 Sep-10 HORIZON GARDENS ANG MO KIO AVENUE 2 Terrace House 1 1,430,000 3,057 Strata 468 Jan-10 PASIR RIS BEACH PARK PASIR RIS HEIGHTS Terrace House 1 1,125,000 2,399 Land 469 Jul-10 TAI HWAN PARK TAI HWAN CRESCENT Terrace House 1 3,100,000 6,617 Land 469 Jan-10 MERA GARDENS ALMOND CRESCENT Detached House 1 2,950,000 6,288 Land 469 Aug-10 HORIZON GARDENS ANG MO KIO AVENUE 2 Terrace House 1 1,918,000 4,080 Strata 470 Nov-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN RINDU Terrace House 1 1,400,000 2,971 Land 471 Apr-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN DERMAWAN Semi-Detached House 1 2,300,000 4,878 Land 471 Jul-10 SELETAR HILLS ESTATE JALAN KECHUBONG Detached House 1 3,850,000 8,148 Land 472 Apr-10 MUN WAH GARDEN TUNG PO AVENUE Semi-Detached House 1 1,720,000 3,635 Land 473 Sep-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT TAMARIND ROAD Semi-Detached House 1 1,818,000 3,842 Land 473 Jan-10 SEMBAWANG SPRINGS ESTATE JALAN KEMUNING Semi-Detached House 1 1,850,000 3,904 Land 474 Apr-10 WESTWOOD PARK WESTWOOD CRESCENT Semi-Detached House 1 1,500,000 3,156 Land 475 Nov-10 CERELIA VISTA LORONG AH SOO Terrace House 1 2,316,100 4,876 Strata 475 Apr-10 SELETAR HILLS ESTATE SELETAR HILLS DRIVE Semi-Detached House 1 2,165,000 4,554 Land 475 Jan-10 SARACA VILLAS SARACA TERRACE Terrace House 1 1,280,000 2,689 Land 476 May-10 HORIZON GREEN ANG MO KIO AVENUE 2 Terrace House 1 1,540,000 3,218 Strata 478 Jul-10 HORIZON GARDENS ANG MO KIO AVENUE 2 Terrace House 1 1,340,000 2,799 Strata 479 Dec-09 PARK VILLAS PARK VILLAS GREEN Terrace House 1 1,450,000 3,023 Land 480 Jan-10 VILLA VERDE VERDE CRESCENT Terrace House 1 1,250,000 2,604 Land 480 May-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN IKAN MERAH Terrace House 1 1,448,000 3,014 Land 480 Apr-10 PARK VILLAS PARK VILLAS TERRACE Terrace House 1 1,540,000 3,211 Land 480 Jun-10 SERANGOON GARDEN ESTATE SERANGOON GARDEN WAY Semi-Detached House 1 2,780,000 5,793 Land 480 Aug-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN RINDU Terrace House 1 1,730,000 3,588 Land 482 Aug-10 WESTVILLE WESTWOOD AVENUE Terrace House 1 1,250,000 2,594 Land 482 Mar-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT CHARLTON LANE Terrace House 1 1,500,000 3,114 Land 482 Apr-10 PASIR RIS BEACH PARK PASIR RIS TERRACE Terrace House 1 1,160,000 2,400 Land 483 Aug-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT BRIGHTON CRESCENT Detached House 1 4,000,000 8,278 Land 483 Jul-10 MIMOSA PARK MIMOSA CRESCENT Terrace House 1 1,475,000 3,046 Strata 484 Mar-10 SEMBAWANG SPRINGS ESTATE JALAN SALANG Detached House 1 2,750,000 5,665 Land 485 May-10 YUNNAN GARDENS YUNNAN CRESCENT Terrace House 1 2,500,000 5,145 Land 486 Dec-09 LENTOR VIEW LENTOR LANE Terrace House 1 2,050,000 4,207 Land 487 Dec-09 HORIZON GARDENS ANG MO KIO AVENUE 2 Terrace House 1 1,480,000 3,035 Strata 488 Mar-10 WATER VILLAS KOVAN ROAD Semi-Detached House 1 1,838,000 3,767 Strata 488 Jan-10 WATER VILLAS KOVAN ROAD Semi-Detached House 1 1,838,000 3,767 Strata 488 Jan-10 HORIZON GARDENS ANG MO KIO AVENUE 2 Terrace House 1 1,430,000 2,928 Strata 488 Oct-10 SEMBAWANG SPRINGS ESTATE JALAN SERENGAM Detached House 1 2,455,000 5,035 Land 488 Apr-10 HORIZON GARDENS ANG MO KIO AVENUE 2 Terrace House 1 1,388,000 2,831 Strata 490 Feb-10 SEMBAWANG HILLS ESTATE JALAN MENARONG Terrace House 1 980,000 2,000 Land 490 Jan-10 MIMOSA VALE MIMOSA VALE Semi-Detached House 1 2,000,000 4,081 Land 490 Jan-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN GELEGAR Semi-Detached House 1 2,100,000 4,266 Land 492 Sep-10 LENTOR VIEW LENTOR PLACE Terrace House 1 2,000,000 4,053 Land 494 Jan-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN BUMBONG Semi-Detached House 1 1,900,000 3,838 Land 495 Dec-10 SERANGOON GARDEN ESTATE CARDIFF GROVE Terrace House 1 2,050,000 4,140 Land 495 Apr-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT YIO CHU KANG ROAD Terrace House 1 1,930,000 3,898 Land 495 Jun-10 WATER VILLAS KOVAN ROAD Detached House 1 2,450,000 4,951 Strata 495 Jul-10 SERANGOON GARDEN ESTATE BRIDPORT AVENUE Terrace House 1 1,800,000 3,619 Land 497 Feb-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN LIMBOK Terrace House 1 1,650,000 3,323 Land 497 Jan-10 HORIZON GARDENS ANG MO KIO AVENUE 2 Terrace House 1 1,500,000 3,014 Strata 498 Apr-10 VILLA VERDE VERDE VIEW Terrace House 1 1,370,000 2,750 Land 498 Jan-10 SEMBAWANG SPRINGS ESTATE JALAN MALU-MALU Semi-Detached House 1 2,000,000 4,004 Land 499 Jul-10 SEMBAWANG SPRINGS ESTATE JALAN SAJAK Semi-Detached House 1 1,900,000 3,806 Land 499 Apr-10 WINDSOR PARK ESTATE VENUS ROAD Terrace House 1 2,500,000 5,007 Land 499 May-10

Highlight a few may be easier to read below. Note that these are based on land, not built-up area, sooooo cheapppppp!

Project Name Street Name Type No. of Units Price
    ($) Area (Sqft)1
    Type of Area2
    Unit Price ($psf)3
    Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement Signed LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT YIO CHU KANG ROAD Terrace House 1 505,000 3,306 Land 153 Dec-09 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT YIO CHU KANG ROAD Terrace House 1 510,000 3,269 Land 156 Feb-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT YIO CHU KANG ROAD Terrace House 1 658,000 3,229 Land 204 Feb-10 NORTHSHORE BUNGALOWS PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 2,323,000 10,301 Strata 226 May-10 NORTHSHORE BUNGALOWS PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 2,323,000 10,301 Strata 226 May-10 NORTHSHORE BUNGALOWS PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 2,550,000 11,173 Strata 228 Apr-10 NORTHSHORE BUNGALOWS PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 2,500,000 10,818 Strata 231 May-10 NORTHSHORE BUNGALOWS PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 2,480,000 10,430 Strata 238 Sep-10 NORTHSHORE BUNGALOWS PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 2,520,000 10,527 Strata 239 Aug-10 NORTHSHORE BUNGALOWS PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 2,500,000 10,366 Strata 241 Sep-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN ASAS Terrace House 1 466,000 1,880 Land 248 Aug-10 NORTHSHORE BUNGALOWS PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 2,800,000 10,818 Strata 259 Sep-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT YIO CHU KANG ROAD Terrace House 1 875,000 3,306 Land 265 Jun-10 LANDED HOUSING DEVELOPMENT JALAN BANGKET Semi-Detached House 1 990,000 3,643 Land 272 Feb-10 NORTHSHORE BUNGALOWS PONGGOL SEVENTEENTH AVENUE Detached House 1 2,800,000 10,107 Strata 277 Sep-10 PONGGOL PARK PONGGOL TWENTY-FOURTH AVENUE Detached House 1 4,000,000 14,036 Land 285 May-10 TIVOLI GARDENS TAI KENG PLACE Terrace House 1 1,480,000 4,946 Land 299

Your saying is analogeous to saying that somebody who earns much less, say $5,000 pm (who can afford $600-800 psf 3BR property in OCR) has a much better chance of increasing their pay to push up OCR property prices, especially if they are young and energetic and strong, compared to a much older person drawing a pay of $15,000 pm (who can afford $2000 psf 3BR property in CCR). You believe the latter earning $15,000 pm has relatively little upside in pay. Is this really true? Well well, we know this is not. Looking at the salary data, it seems those earning $15,000 pm or more has their earnings increased much faster and at a faster rate than those earning $5,000 pm. In this case, which property should have greater % upside based on affordability in future?
    I agree with Teddy.
    Why does people complain that "The rich get richer and the poor get poorer"?

However, the rich are not only investing in CCR, they are also investing in OCR. Hence CCR will stay stagnant and OCR will rise slowly to close the gap with CCR in PPI.

Highlight a few may be easier to read below. Note that these are based on land, not built-up area, sooooo cheapppppp! ...........
    Wah, cheaper than GLS?
    Better do a land grab fast, get those FH landed some distance away from main road and MRT tracks (as some forummers suggested). Your descendants will thank you for it.
    Buy FH and sell LH, like FEO.

Once government allow foreigners to buy landed easily, prices won't be so low anymore.

Unfortunately, I can't buy since I am foreigner.

Remember what Chief Valuer say, all land has the potential to be Raffles Place

Is there such a thing as landed FH in OCR, or some ulu-ulu places where prices are really cheap, like 200-300psf?
    Pulau Ubin is considered FH?

At current market condition :
    If a person has $1million cash and afford downpayment for $3 million worth of condos (LTV70%) for INVESTMENT, would it be better to buy
    A) 1 CCR condo worth $3million
    B) 3 OCR condo worth $1million each.

How many of us here would choose A) or B)?

I think Teddybear would choose A and Stalingrad would choose B. How about others?
    Investment horizon is about 5 years.
    Net cash flow from rental preferably positive, but a little negative is also ok
    Speculating that bulk of money is from sale of property and not from rental.

Would any of you take into consideration that by having more transactions, the likelihood of IRAS taxing you for the profits is increased?

At current market condition :
    If a person has $1million cash and afford downpayment for $3 million worth of condos (LTV70%) for INVESTMENT, would it be better to buy
    A) 1 CCR condo worth $3million
    B) 3 OCR condo worth $1million each.

How many of us here would choose A) or B)?

I think Teddybear would choose A and Stalingrad would choose B. How about others?
    Investment horizon is about 5 years.
    Net cash flow from rental preferably positive, but a little negative is also ok
    Speculating that bulk of money is from sale of property and not from rental.

Would any of you take into consideration that by having more transactions, the likelihood of IRAS taxing you for the profits is increased?
    i wud jus buy 1mil ppty now and take 50-60% loan and keep the rest as cash....cannot showhand now

i wud jus buy 1mil ppty now and take 50-60% loan and keep the rest as cash....cannot showhand now
    When can show hand?

similar, i would buy just 1, 1m ppty using 70% loan and 30% cash and keep the 700k to wait and see if there are better opportunities (in any type of market, financial, commodity, ppty or even pte business investment).

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    When can show hand?
    when u see lelong sales

when u see lelong sales
    does people assume that they can get firesale? volume of transactions during downturn is very low.

Devilplate, when you spot firesale, do you OTP straightaway and look for financing later?

Was there really a lelong sale in Singapore after lemon brothers saga?

does people assume that they can get firesale? volume of transactions during downturn is very low.

Devilplate, when you spot firesale, do you OTP straightaway and look for financing later?
    dive in with OTP...when u have cash, financing should not be an issue.