Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6111621262728293031

Thread: 2011 - OCR or CCR ?

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Good one ...LOL
    You forget that property can leverage 5 times but with much lower interest% than car loan.

Yes Car loan can take 90% but many expenses are involved not just the initial $100k. A primary school student can do the math for you to compute total expenses of a vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    You forget that property can leverage 5 times but with much lower interest% than car loan.

Yes Car loan can take 90% but many expenses are involved not just the initial $100k. A primary school student can do the math for you to compute total expenses of a vehicle.
    Hmm.. you definitely a bachelor who doesn't believe in owning cars..hehe

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Hmm.. you definitely a bachelor who doesn't believe in owning cars..hehe
    Heh i'm a bachelor but car gonna hit 10 years old soon

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    u can't just pass the cost of a car to mrt leh. different feel to drive and take mrt.
    I'm estimating driving force for price increase by translating the additional premium of owning a car to staying closer a transport node. It is a significant positive number.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I'm estimating driving force for price increase by translating the additional premium of owning a car to staying closer a transport node. It is a significant positive number.
    how about the intangible benefits of driving vs sardine packed and prone to breakdown MRT

u only hamtum the tangible portion.....it will make more sense and more applicable for resale HDB near MRT....but not so for PC(mabe MMs )

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    how about the intangible benefits of driving vs sardine packed and prone to breakdown MRT

u only hamtum the tangible portion.....it will make more sense and more applicable for resale HDB near MRT....but not so for PC(mabe MMs )
    LTA is intervening the operation and maintenance of MRT. The Minister is now directly in charge. You can be assured millions of tax payers money will be pumped into the MRT infrastructure in the next few years to make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    But then hor.. you see so many expensive MRT condos oso got many car owners wat. They dun give up their cars oso. Like Devil said, the HDBs near MRT will shoot up instead. Buyers of PCs near MRT buy becos of perceived good location, hence price appreciation in future. Not really becos car price go up and then buy near MRT to take public transport.

Ok I say for my generation: if I live near MRT, I can save on car expenses, so can pay more for the property + benefit of better price appreciation + easier to sell in future, regardless of HDB or PC.

But then hor.. you see so many expensive MRT condos oso got many car owners wat. They dun give up their cars oso. Like Devil said, the HDBs near MRT will shoot up instead. Buyers of PCs near MRT buy becos of perceived good location, hence price appreciation in future. Not really becos car price go up and then buy near MRT to take public transport.

Quote Originally Posted by felicia_sg
    Ok I say for my generation: if I live near MRT, I can save on car expenses, so can pay more for the property + benefit of better price appreciation + easier to sell in future, regardless of HDB or PC.
    Ok lah.. Get married, have kids, take MRT/bus for everything. Then see whether need car anot. Unless you intend to remain single or married with no kids.

Ai yah ...wife cannot walk ...stay near MRT also sure drive.
    Go marketing sure complain "hand break" if have to carry bags to the cab stand.

Girlfriend more worse - cannot afford car, why I go out with you. No wheels, no honey...

Ok lah.. Get married, have kids, take MRT/bus for everything. Then see whether need car anot. Unless you intend to remain single or married with no kids.