Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: H20 RESIDENCES - Sengkang Condo by City Developments Limited

Quote Originally Posted by khaine
    Property market prices for new condos and resale are quite high.

Gives an upgrader like me a big headache.

Anyway, went down to the H2O showflat last Sun.
    Size wise, its quite ok. Quiet place and next to the canal/river.

Intent for staying not investing.

Quoted $1.2m for a 3+1 room, 114sqm, facing N-NE which is unblock on the 6th floor.

Location-wise, its not the best in Sengkang.

Am also considering Oasis Gardens in Upper Paya Lebar.

Saw a 3rm, 112sqm on 5th floor, for $1.2M as well. Already 2yrs old, tenated by China expat. Condition of the place was quite bad...wooden skirting coming off near the entrance and the corridor to bedroom...air-con leaking in one of the bedroom which cause some mold on the wall, toilet fittings already oxidizing, can see mold near the rain-shower head..

H2O: New, quiet, more spacious (no bay windows) but 99yrs and at $1.2m
    OG: 2yrs old, bay windows makes the rooms smaller, but FH and at $1.2m

Which would you pple here taken if given these 2 choices?
    Both also

Y not look at le crescendo since u r looking at og...10xxpsf and nearer to mrt

Do u mind pasir ris? Or cck? Right now, for brandnew projects, mi casa n oasis at elias r the cheapest of the cheapest liao.....still possible to get slightly below 800psf 3bdr for both of them....since u buying for own stay.....if u dun mind the location, both of them can save u some money.....3bdr below 1mil

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Both also

Do u mind pasir ris? Or cck? Right now, for brandnew projects, mi casa n oasis at elias r the cheapest of the cheapest liao.....still possible to get slightly below 800psf 3bdr for both of them....since u buying for own stay.....if u dun mind the location, both of them can save u some money.....3bdr below 1mil
    I agree... Self stay is location specific though..

far north also good...3 bedders less 900K

i've already cleared my props though so watching the prices go up and up a bit sad

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    far north also good...3 bedders less 900K

i've already cleared my props though so watching the prices go up and up a bit sad

Wait for 2013/4..... Wait wait...

Quoted $1.2m for a 3+1 room, 114sqm, facing N-NE which is unblock on the 6th floor.

Saw a 3rm, 112sqm on 5th floor, for $1.2M as well. Already 2yrs old, tenated by China expat. Condition of the place was quite bad...wooden skirting coming off near the entrance and the corridor to bedroom...air-con leaking in one of the bedroom which cause some mold on the wall, toilet fittings already oxidizing, can see mold near the rain-shower head..

You must have a reason for highlighting these two projects. Depending on which stage of life you are in and what you prefer. I'd go for quietness and serenity instead of busy roads, etc when I go home each day. I've visited OG and don't really like that area though.

Also, based on what you've mentioned,

OG:
    '-' 5th floor has limited view (trees maybe).
    '-' Also, condition of unit may require another $20k to $40k repair and renovate.
    '+' nearer to city and 2 other major expressways (CTE and PIE, on top of KPE, as compared with H2O which only has KPE)
    '+' Freehold
    '+' Many public transport services available, from buses to 2 MRT stations.

H2O: .
    '-' relatively far from nearly everywhere
    '-' LH
    '+' Quiet and serene, plus good view
    '+' Potential for further price increase as compared with OG because of the new Seng Kang launch near MRT and sale of land beside (for DBSS which is temporarily curtailed but will surely be sold once the clouds are cleared)
    '+' nearer to LRT as OG is near to MRT but choise of bus services is pathetic.

Which of these points make your heart beat faster with delight, then you've probably made the choice already!

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Wait for 2013/4..... Wait wait...
    may be earlier than that mate.... 2012 may start seeing something....what with 35K homes still unsold...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    may be earlier than that mate.... 2012 may start seeing something....what with 35K homes still unsold...
    Yes, agree.... Latest to hit will be by 2014....

Anytime now is the earliest..

Sengkang has too many ECs. 1 is even ridiculously located beside an MRT station while H2O is located beside LRT. That's how ridiculous URA is in planning pte/EC sites. Totally out of logic. Since you plan to upgrade not invest, if u still qualify you might want to buy EC instead haha.. If not, better buy elsewhere unless you totally don't mind paying senseless $$$..

I will stay away from H20.. N go for EC near MRT.

I will stay away from H20.. N go for EC near MRT.
    Not applicable for those who earn above $12k or those holding on to HDB or private properties.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Not applicable for those who earn above $12k or those holding on to HDB or private properties.
    now as i think abt it, d19 may eventually be screwed by esparina.. sigh.. dunno what ura/hdb is doing, how can plan ec site better than pte one.. it's not only esparina vs h2o.. u see the pasir ris 2nd ec (yet to tender), it's beside seastrand but placed nearer to downtown east than seastrand.. what the crap.. u see the yishun one.. 8 courtyard kena road junction, but the ec beside it will not kena the junction and mrt track.. austville is only lrt, but the 391psf pte site beside it is even further away from lrt.. it just doesn't make sense.. last time the ECs were not planned this way.. i think mnd trying to use ECs to correct mass market pte..

and the ultimate one.. tampines.. not a single condo in tampines is in the central.. but they plan an ec along tampines central 7.. what the hell is this..

I would keep looking.
    One is over priced for its location , while the other is over priced for a dump. It is ok to buy a dump for a cheap price and renovate it to your liking but it must be cheap and you must like the location, facing and basic layout, and be willing to go through the pain of managing the renovation.

Paying $1.2 mil for 3+1 bedroom 99LH at ulu location is no no for me. How to sell in future if you decide to shift? Better to get 3 bedroom closer to the city or near MRT. Plenty of new launches to choose from if district is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    now as i think abt it, d19 may eventually be screwed by esparina.. sigh.. dunno what ura/hdb is doing, how can plan ec site better than pte one.. it's not only esparina vs h2o.. u see the pasir ris 2nd ec (yet to tender), it's beside seastrand but placed nearer to downtown east than seastrand.. what the crap.. u see the yishun one.. 8 courtyard kena road junction, but the ec beside it will not kena the junction and mrt track.. austville is only lrt, but the 391psf pte site beside it is even further away from lrt.. it just doesn't make sense.. last time the ECs were not planned this way.. i think mnd trying to use ECs to correct mass market pte..

and the ultimate one.. tampines.. not a single condo in tampines is in the central.. but they plan an ec along tampines central 7.. what the hell is this..
    Good observation... check out boathouse. Its in a faraway land. Last time they placed Quartz and Compass Ht beside MRT and Park Green slightly further away. Now its the direct opposite! LOL! Then again once EC hit 5 years, it'll join the OCR market so EC 1st time buyers will win big after 5 years. May miss the first downturn so PC owners can only beat them by buying during that first downturn.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Paying $1.2 mil for 3+1 bedroom 99LH at ulu location is no no for me. How to sell in future if you decide to shift? Better to get 3 bedroom closer to the city or near MRT. Plenty of new launches to choose from if district is not an issue.
    very soon will be buyer's choice what with the huge supply surplus coming...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Both also

Thanks for the feedback!

Looking at OG cos its going to be near the schools for my kids, therefore less traveling involved for them.

However, like what most say, OG location isn't very good, therefore might consider else where that is more "connected" by public transport. The area around OG is too dark and quiet in the evenings for kids to walk home alone.

Would be more considering projects in the NE region, therefore, Oasis @ Elias looks interesting...is the showflat still there? Or sales gallery? Or I have to buy resale from the 1st buyers already? Wifey needs to see the showflat to visualize how the place will look like...can't picture with floor plan. I'll hunt around online for the floor plans in the meantime.

The other one that caught my interest was NV Residences due to location. Have not pop down to the show gallery to take a look.

Thanks for the feedback!

Looking at OG cos its going to be near the schools for my kids, therefore less traveling involved for them.

However, like what most say, OG location isn't very good, therefore might consider else where that is more "connected" by public transport. The area around OG is too dark and quiet in the evenings for kids to walk home alone.

Would be more considering projects in the NE region, therefore, Oasis @ Elias looks interesting...is the showflat still there? Or sales gallery? Or I have to buy resale from the 1st buyers already? Wifey needs to see the showflat to visualize how the place will look like...can't picture with floor plan. I'll hunt around online for the floor plans in the meantime.

The other one that caught my interest was NV Residences due to location. Have not pop down to the show gallery to take a look.
    Why are you going to North East if your kid's school is near OG? There are other projects in that area which are worth a consideration. Why not these other projects? NV Residence and Oasis @ E are really far from OG. Do you have other consideration or constraints?

Why are you going to North East if your kid's school is near OG? There are other projects in that area which are worth a consideration. Why not these other projects? NV Residence and Oasis @ E are really far from OG. Do you have other consideration or constraints?
    if your kids school near OG and you dun mind east might want to consider Tropica or Waterview. Bcos if use the bartley viaduct can reach OG in less than 10 mins.

Well, initial plan was to get somewhere there..ie OG, then move out after a few years time to a better location for long term stay.

However, the price of OG is going higher and higher (my max budget is $1.2m factoring possible interest rate increase to 3%), therefore alternate plan is to rent somewhere nearby..then move to a new place when the kids are older and can take care of themselves (ie around P3 or P4 maybe) with school bus or public transport.

Therefore, i started looking at new projects else where which I can get more space, better location for similar price.

I saw NV Residences, checked online and find that it might be good. Oasis @ Elias is also nearby but completely sold out. However, for the same price, I could get a 4room at NV compare to Oasis and NV is closer to MRT and White Sands. Am checking with the Hutton's agent on it now.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    if your kids school near OG and you dun mind east might want to consider Tropica or Waterview. Bcos if use the bartley viaduct can reach OG in less than 10 mins.
    Waterview..at the corner of 2 major roads with nothing around. Wifey light sleeper and she doesn't like the location...I too find it a bit out of the way of anything.

Tropica..same thing..next door to Waterview...

I see. Ok. Can consider minton if $1.2m is your budget. I personally won't want to rent coz rental is money lost. Just my opinion...

Thanks for the feedback!

Between nv n oasis, i prefer oasis due to doorstep amenities.....got one subsale 3bdr going for ard 960k pool facing....not bad for own stay...gd luck

However, oasis is gg to TOP end of yr....not sure the timing ok for u anot.....

Visit showroom today n the associate sale director from CRBE seem to hint to me not good time to enter ppt mkt now

Quote Originally Posted by kale
    Visit showroom today n the associate sale director from CRBE seem to hint to me not good time to enter ppt mkt now
    He s honest but u dun have to post about it his boss reads this how?

He s honest but u dun have to post about it his boss reads this how?
    No name mentioned, he is protected..... Hard to find honest agent like him nowadays

Need to inform all my friends who are still looking out condo to wait out first

I think there's only a handful of honest agents around...

honest agents? oxymoron lah...haha

He is working in showroom yet 'persuade' people not to buy. Kena possessed?

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    He is working in showroom yet 'persuade' people not to buy. Kena possessed?
    yeh... that's why ask him not to name and shame him.

But sometimes... they want to keep the fish alive so that they can swim into another net later... harvest too early will kill some of the fish eggs.

yeh... that's why ask him not to name and shame him.

But sometimes... they want to keep the fish alive so that they can swim into another net later... harvest too early will kill some of the fish eggs.
    I did walk into some showrooms before where agents dissuade me from buying that project and try to intro other projects to me which i assume they should be getting more comms from other projects. But the above one is totally . Imagine a fishmonger telling customers that nowadays fish not very fresh, shouldn't buy.