Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: H20 RESIDENCES - Sengkang Condo by City Developments Limited

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    It's a signs of thick profit margins. Huntum $$$ to make sure whole singapore know.
    Yaya show hand huh.... tsk tsk

Was reading the thread and found alot of ppl shooting H2O down, did u guys actually go down to have a look? Sengkang West has very fresh air especially after a rain. The view is impressive too.

I didn't think much about H2O until my parents wanted to get a retirement home there. The feel is good. Kites soaring, people running along the PCN just across the river.

920psf expensive? This project is the first private project to integrate with the river that is awarded clean waters by PUB or NEA.

The landscaping with nature is impressive if u go onsite and look at the plans.

Plus it's quite near to Seletar Aerospace hub.

My gf/wife to be, a champion for yishun, softened and was wondering why we didn't get a place like H2O. I had to remind her that she wanted and insisted to stay near her parents in Yishun all the while.

There is another plot beside H2O and I think that piece will drive H2O price up eventually.

If u guys are saying only river view units are worth it, thats because you haven't seen how near the river is to the condo. It's so near because it's integrated seamlessly, this is unlike condos that you will need to cross some road to reach your reservoir or park.

The integration with nature, river theme is worth the price tag. Alot of people are saying FH better than LH but if you notice these days the condo theme is very impt.

It's no longer good enough to have a pool, tennis court, gym to attract buyers.
    People are buying and paying for the identity of a community that they are residing in.

For self stay, like it ok liao....most of us offering our opinions from investment point of view

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Yah loh...not forgetting they have paid 14 years worth of interests to the bank so far....how to break even when bishan 8 was launched around 1100psf 14 years ago?
    For rescue same same plus no MRT and with LRT only...

Repeat after me..

For retards.
    For regrets.
    For rescue
    For rejects
    For returns
    For rebirth
    For reecce
    For refund
    For rehouse
    For reprice
    For rethink
    For reuse
    For rezone
    For rest que.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    Talking about the LRT frequency, my experience and relatives experience definitely different. Anyway, do note that the East Loop frequency is actually more than the West Loop. Next question will be why? Technical limitation? SBS Transit actually able to add one more train to East Loop. Then why not for the West Loop now? The reason is obvious....now and at present...SBS transit may have the stupid argument that it does not warrant the increased frequency. This brings us to ysyap points in the 2nd paragraph....a clearly very well articulated viewpoint and thoughts on the perceived ridiculous pricing and why CDL still able to sell units.
    The LRT frequency will only increase in the west loop for two simple reasons. 1. Dr Lam PM promised he'll fight for the increased in freqeuncy for LRT in SK west. 2. When all the HDB at Fernvale TOP, it is at least 3000 more residents so frequency definitely must increased as promised by SMRT who said frequency is based on the number of commuters.

The main minus points about this devt are:
    1. Small size of the units (note that the showflat is deceiving)
    2. LRT frequency a question mark. What happens if the increase in ridership comes before the increased frequency of the LRT?
    3. For families, there aren't brand-name primary sch within 1 km.

For own stay if you can get a water-facing unit, it would be nice and also if your family is small. For investment, there will be competition from other mass-market condos that are more centrally located within Singapore.

I agree the ambience of Sengkang is currently nice. But note that the space being used for flying kites etc will eventually be reduced as the Govt are launching plots of land in that area for GLS.

To get into town, the CTE jam in the morning is And the ERP charges are also (2 gantries into town if you don't make it on time).

There is an austville n another new kid next door...these 2ECs will affect the demand for this project anot? Moreover, there is another 2 exisiting ec there....so total 4....Tat side got nice punggol park view as well n nearer to kpe...dun forget esparina ec in a much better location.....

If you notice the current ECs launched are like the older batch
    of private condos, where distinct theme is lacking.

There are reasons why ECs aren't flying off shelves as fast as private new launches.

Assuming I am a potential EC buyer, I am tied to regulations and expose to private bank loan risks. I will rather go for private condo as my asset is more liquid in case trouble comes.

I don't think ECs will come into competition, as they won't come into resale market until at least Year 2018-2020, I.e after 5 yr minimum occupation.

Having said that, future government measures on income ceiling and wages will play some role in affecting this demand supply.

Question: are u happy with a roof over your head these days or are u happier with something more fanciful?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    There is an austville n another new kid next door...these 2ECs will affect the demand for this project anot? Moreover, there is another 2 exisiting ec there....so total 4....Tat side got nice punggol park view as well n nearer to kpe...dun forget esparina ec in a much better location.....
    Punggol Park has a big drain infront of Rivervale and Park Green condo ( next to Austville and new EC plot, I heard during dry seasons, you can smell something. Not too sure about now though.

I used to stay in Sengkang and punggol park view cannot compare to the river at H2O. Having said that, just gotta see for our own eyes.

KPE is good, very fast but ERP gantries are plentiful there.

I guess really depends on buyer's investment / own stay horizon

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    If you notice the current ECs launched are like the older batch
    of private condos, where distinct theme is lacking.

There are reasons why ECs aren't flying off shelves as fast as private new launches.

Assuming I am a potential EC buyer, I am tied to regulations and expose to private bank loan risks. I will rather go for private condo as my asset is more liquid in case trouble comes.

I don't think ECs will come into competition, as they won't come into resale market until at least Year 2018-2020, I.e after 5 yr minimum occupation.

Having said that, future government measures on income ceiling and wages will play some role in affecting this demand supply.

Question: are u happy with a roof over your head these days or are u happier with something more fanciful?
    I tink h20 buyers better let go before those ec turn 5yo

Duno hw much upside is there? 1100psf possible?

Theme useless lah. Novelty factor only.

Savannah Condo park ? Sells well? Price well right after TOP?

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    I want roof over my head, fanciful condos and able to earn big big $$$ when I sell.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    I want roof over my head, fanciful condos and able to earn big big $$$ when I sell.
    I want big big $ $ only.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    I tink h20 buyers better let go before those ec turn 5yo

Duno hw much upside is there? 1100psf possible?
    Both appeals to different target group. For those who prefer convenience, they'll choose ECs like Esparina. For those who enjoy slow pace and away from the hussle and bussle of life will choose H2O. Whether for investment or own stay, both have varied appeals. Anyway, depending on how successful the Active Beautiful Clean Water initiative by PUB, the price of H2O can potentially reach 1100 psf indeed.

EC can only be sold like a private condo after 10 years so EC only pose limited threat yet to H2O. Well H2O is good for retirement though...

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Both appeals to different target group. For those who prefer convenience, they'll choose ECs like Esparina. For those who enjoy slow pace and away from the hussle and bussle of life will choose H2O. Whether for investment or own stay, both have varied appeals. Anyway, depending on how successful the Active Beautiful Clean Water initiative by PUB, the price of H2O can potentially reach 1100 psf indeed.

EC can only be sold like a private condo after 10 years so EC only pose limited threat yet to H2O. Well H2O is good for retirement though...

You been to the showflat before? Don't be deceived by the current condition of that area cos a lot of things are going to be built there together with H2O.. H2O will be surrounded by a school (better pray it's not a noisy pri sch), BTOs, DBSS and LRT track.. Only 2 4-bedder stacks face the longkang.. CDL is good one, bid 360psf, sell 900-1kpsf.. Of course it might still appreciate overtime, but others have more potential and room for appreciation.. Anyway sengkang this kind of place majority are singaporean buyers one.. So EC definitely pose a big threat once they finish their 5 year MOP..

Good point. Excellent!

For those who do not like the pricing and location, don't buy loh.

Many people want the sengkang LRT west loop to go 2 directions. Of course eventually it will be, but only when there is enough population to justify. So, HDB went on mass launching of public housing there. I think there is a fernvale garden BTO that is being launched together with H2O, it is direct west to H2O. A DBSS direct south of H2O also tendered and should be launched within next 6 mths. Now HDB plan to launch another BTO near H2O in june. And the school north of H2O can be built very fast one, if it's a primary school then hoseh liao, even noiser than planes.. So end of the day, people might have got their wish of having a 2-way LRT, but they exchange it with the main reason why they had bought in the first place - quiet, serenity, peace.. All disappear after the dbss, btos, school come in..

The sengkang ECs that were launched - Esparina and Austville. Esparina need not say further, it's beside MRT station so bao jiak already. Austville's selling point is also environment, ie punggol park, sungei pinang which will be rebuilt according to hdb's remaking hougang plans.. There is also a sungei serangoon that is already under construction to build into a park.. And austville's left and right side are both condos, and near lrt too.. So is the threat strong after 5 years? u judge..

MBT also went on fierce tendering of condo sites in sengkang. 2 condos were tendered near sengkang mrt, 1 condo tendered beside austville. And buangkok mrt area still very empty, sure a lot of tendering one.. These got threats or not? u decide..

Think again, think harder..

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    Many people want the sengkang LRT west loop to go 2 directions. Of course eventually it will be, but only when there is enough population to justify. So, HDB went on mass launching of public housing there. I think there is a fernvale garden BTO that is being launched together with H2O, it is direct west to H2O. A DBSS direct south of H2O also tendered and should be launched within next 6 mths. Now HDB plan to launch another BTO near H2O in june. And the school north of H2O can be built very fast one, if it's a primary school then hoseh liao, even noiser than planes.. So end of the day, people might have got their wish of having a 2-way LRT, but they exchange it with the main reason why they had bought in the first place - quiet, serenity, peace.. All disappear after the dbss, btos, school come in..

The sengkang ECs that were launched - Esparina and Austville. Esparina need not say further, it's beside MRT station so bao jiak already. Austville's selling point is also environment, ie punggol park, sungei pinang which will be rebuilt according to hdb's remaking hougang plans.. There is also a sungei serangoon that is already under construction to build into a park.. And austville's left and right side are both condos, and near lrt too.. So is the threat strong after 5 years? u judge..

MBT also went on fierce tendering of condo sites in sengkang. 2 condos were tendered near sengkang mrt, 1 condo tendered beside austville. And buangkok mrt area still very empty, sure a lot of tendering one.. These got threats or not? u decide..

Think again, think harder..
    So long as your unit not facing primary school but facing long kang is better. Anything else is not very favorable lor... Hmmm... but in any case, private condo will still be more jiak than EC.. foreigners not eligible...

But only 2 stacks face longkang and both are 4 bedders.. And the agent say 1k+ psf.. Sengkang non-mrt location, surrounded by HDB and schools at this price, dun need to find further.. This will be the only one.. End of 5 years esparina people take profit sell at 20% profit also cheaper than h2o launch price.. Tough tio liao.. But well, if intend to live there, not for investment, who cares.. But should have been cheaper lah..

After buying this, instead of a good meal everyday, u have to drink more h2o. At least developer giving u big hints.

The worst threat is new nearby plots with same attributes at land cost of 250 Psf and selling price of 750 Psf. That will screw indeed.

These nearby projects will take signal from H2O to see if it makes sense to launch now or to wait further... So far the respond from H2O look relatively decent! My guess is it will be a sell out project before TOP. It depends on the next piece of updates released by PUB on the ABC water. Buyers usually need some push factors from the media...

It seems that the ABC project helps to boost a lot of the new developments along the canal. of the developments
    These nearby projects will take signal from H2O to see if it makes sense to launch now or to wait further... So far the respond from H2O look relatively decent! My guess is it will be a sell out project before TOP. It depends on the next piece of updates released by PUB on the ABC water. Buyers usually need some push factors from the media...

But only 2 stacks face longkang and both are 4 bedders.. And the agent say 1k+ psf.. Sengkang non-mrt location, surrounded by HDB and schools at this price, dun need to find further.. This will be the only one.. End of 5 years esparina people take profit sell at 20% profit also cheaper than h2o launch price.. Tough tio liao.. But well, if intend to live there, not for investment, who cares.. But should have been cheaper lah..
    Now, EC is public housing. 5 years later still public housing. Only from 10th year onwards then consider as private.....again these are basic knowledge. Not against public housing but it does come with many restrictions. Not even on an apple to apple comparison. End of the 5 years maybe just start of the Great Depression...so how to sell? Whereas Private property owners have the freedom to sell anytime and at any point in time.

If you want to compare, then probably should be talking about Compass Height or The Quartz against H2O Residences. Don't confuse readers with the flawed analysis. Might as well talk about the new HDB besides Buangkok MRT and then compare against private property....definitely more bang for bucks

Yes.... Agreed!!!

For Compass Ht and Quartz, both are calling $800+ to $900+ psf and both a just beside MRT, at $920 psf for H2O, the price might be that little bit too expensive. Anyway, all new developments are generally priced slightly above resale condos anyway.

Haha.. Dark knight, u bought h2o liao isit? I merely trying to support devilplate's comment that h2o should sell before ec turn 5 years.. If the ECs are situated in prime or even city fringe, then I will agree 10 years later then it will bear fruit.. For sengkang EC, 5 year mop as good as done deal, best time to sell liao..

A lot of us here are merely providing their personal objective views on this project.. Just like couple of mths ago when someone said something wrong abt the lrt freq, etc, I also objectively pointed out that the lrt is actually not bad, so ie speaking good pt of h2o.. It's all abt objective comments from investment pt of views.. Dun becos u buy liao then can't accept criticism of the project, be more open ma.. Anyway I also said if buy to stay, need not worry too much abt price, as long as u like can liao.. Dun get too defensive lah.. Good luck all the best..

Actually I dunno u buy it for self stay or investment.. If self stay, ignore our comments and just happily stay there enjoy the scenery (assume u r the 4 bedder).. If invest, like what devilplate say, better to sell it before the ec reach 5 years.. It's really a very good advice from him, no joke.. Be it esparina, austville or h2o they are all condos, just that the ECs come with mop..But after the 5 year ends, they are really on par liao, believe it or not up to u..

Location wise, esparina beats h2o super clear cut due to mrt.. Austville also beat h2o in my opinion, but that's subjective.. Furnishing wise, austville also beats h2o cos it has marble living room.. Wish u make good money

It's ok, the non believers will pay their price.

What,s so great about abc project. Bishan area has it, kallang river has it, geylang river has it, lakeside longkang has it, just about any water way in Singapore will have it right?

Dun forget these are e same developer who bided for bishan plot at record prices. What for right? See with your heart and not be blinded.

Haha.. Dark knight, u bought h2o liao isit? I merely trying to support devilplate's comment that h2o should sell before ec turn 5 years.. If the ECs are situated in prime or even city fringe, then I will agree 10 years later then it will bear fruit.. For sengkang EC, 5 year mop as good as done deal, best time to sell liao..

A lot of us here are merely providing their personal objective views on this project.. Just like couple of mths ago when someone said something wrong abt the lrt freq, etc, I also objectively pointed out that the lrt is actually not bad, so ie speaking good pt of h2o.. It's all abt objective comments from investment pt of views.. Dun becos u buy liao then can't accept criticism of the project, be more open ma.. Anyway I also said if buy to stay, need not worry too much abt price, as long as u like can liao.. Dun get too defensive lah.. Good luck all the best..
    Nope....but vested in North East property. Look at my posting history and you will know. Anyway, not defensive, just that feel strongly the comparison against EC is ridiculous and that you won't admit posting such silly arguments.

Over past 2-3 years, have saw lots of such smart alecs remarks and of course all these people believe they are objective and the "expert" in property. Please go read up properly why after 5 years EC is not deemed privatised. Not means not....and not sure why I see even sillier remarks like if ECs in Prime District or City Fringe.....

Last but not least, as per a lot of self professed experts on this forum, timing is very important. This means not just when to buy but also when to exit. The freedom to sell anytime is only available in private property and not EC.
    Last edited by Dark Knight; 16-05-11 at 01:13.

Actually both arguments have their points. As mentioned, it is so so subjected. What is precious to one may just be nothing more than a rag to another. But thank you! Personally, won't buy H2O coz its that little bit overpriced. Btw, Dark Knight, I made a deposit for Florentiine some 2 years plus back but offer rejected...

Nobody claimed to be an expert, certainly not me, did I ever mention anywhere I am one? I merely state my opinion but it seems like whoever that states an opinion that differ from u are deemed as 'self-professed guru', 'self-professed expert' and whatever name u came out with.. Get a life lah, this world got so many people, sure got some who think differently from u right.. How can u be a hitler and try to kill or silence all? Haha..

If EC are not a competition, then park green wun have launch at 400+psf 6 years ago yet selling above 700psf now.. Maybe it should still sell at 500psf since it is not privatised ma.. All those buyers must have been stupid and maybe 'self professed experts' too..be more open minded in life, even if differ from urs, then so be it.. Some people here offer some advice, if u dun agree just reply 'thanks for the opinion bro, but I dun agree, then blah blah.. Y must start calling people names? Friendly a bit lah.. U keep on call ppl 'self-professed guru', people could also have called u 'self-denial kuku', but did they do that?