Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What u like abt Dist 9/10?

Junior

User Info Menu

Default What u like abt Dist 9/10?

For those whom like District 9/10, share y u like this district?

To get the ball started.....

I like the ambience ard Tanglin road to Botanical Gardens. The rows of old trees ard this ard running all the way to Holland road from Tanglin is very nice. Favourite tea place- PS cafe @ dempsey hill.

Junior

User Info Menu

last time used to check out old haunted bungalows at sweetenham rd ...
    then those wild dogs their eyes glow red in the dark make us all run back inside car

Junior

User Info Menu

U r inviting trouble man

For me, let me think.... the old trees and shadows they cast along the roads when u drive out, or walk the dog; the peace and quietness without the road noises and yet 15 mins away to all the buzz or boomz ; 30 mins saved every morning to have a coffee and finish the newspaper, 30 mins saved in the evening to spend with family playing a game before sunset... and i think the air is less dusty...

Btw this whole area very big lah.... Some are quite different from the others.. I like certain parts of bt timah

Junior

User Info Menu

Recently drove ard the area. Very nice enviroment. Didnt know places like this exist in Singapore. Usual sight in Singapore is tall tall buildings and more n more bigger shopping center

Quote Originally Posted by august
    last time used to check out old haunted bungalows at sweetenham rd ...
    then those wild dogs their eyes glow red in the dark make us all run back inside car

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    U r inviting trouble man

For me, let me think.... the old trees and shadows they cast along the roads when u drive out, or walk the dog; the peace and quietness without the road noises and yet 15 mins away to all the buzz or boomz ; 30 mins saved every morning to have a coffee and finish the newspaper, 30 mins saved in the evening to spend with family playing a game before sunset... and i think the air is less dusty...

Btw this whole area very big lah.... Some are quite different from the others.. I like certain parts of bt timah
    I nothing to do today, went driving ard d'Leedon area. Went from Victoria park road connect to Cornoation road west road. Its a maze inside there. Very serene and peaceful. Very sua ku, for 30 years never understood wat is excessively rich people living area like...

Totally agree on the contrast. total peace n quietness with 15 mins from all the crazy buzz. any fav hang out to intro?

Junior

User Info Menu

Agreed. Went around MGS backroad which leads to OLD holland road(where cascadia showflat is) and out to Dempsy road.

That stretch is total serenity. Very much like Australia.. I liked!

But you guys noticed there's a very very very very large plot of land along old holland road.. Why no development there?

Junior

User Info Menu

exhumed cemetary. waiting for land to settle like biddadari before gls

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    exhumed cemetary. waiting for land to settle like biddadari before gls
    The land need to settle or the dead need to settle down

Bricks & Mortar

User Info Menu

normally chinese cemetry ground have good "Feng Shui"....

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    normally chinese cemetry ground have good "Feng Shui"....
    Good feng shui for the dead or for the living?
    Anyway, anybody knows of any prime luxury condos sitting on top of burial grounds? Not shopping centres.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast