Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A penchant for shoebox housing

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    how different is SOHO?? SOHO@ central i can understand...but tennery...
    different in name, different in use and different in tenant profiles.

for Tennery, you just need a govt agency to move near to jurong. Few already mentioned right? Or a bank moving its back room ops there or to Jurong east. This will catch some of the spill over effects of jurong transformation. Just how long.

If you observed, the MRT line has resulted in the appreciation of HDB flats and private condos VALUE along the line. Some owners will be very happy to sell and move into Tennery, while some will be happy to invest more money in properties brought upon by the mrt line. Some rich people staying in D23 will bite, especially Hillview enclave of rich people.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984

for Tennery, you just need a govt agency to move near to jurong. Few already mentioned right? Or a bank moving its back room ops there or to Jurong east. This will catch some of the spill over effects of jurong transformation. Just how long.

If you observed, the MRT line has resulted in the appreciation of HDB flats and private condos VALUE along the line. Some owners will be very happy to sell and move into Tennery, while some will be happy to invest more money in properties brought upon by the mrt line. Some rich people staying in D23 will bite, especially Hillview enclave of rich people.
    i mean a norm 1bedder and a so called soho status 1bedder...wats the diff

No diff to me but I am no expert. You might want to read these

Q2

Please let us know whether Small Office Home Office (SOHO) use can be considered as part of the minimum 30% office quantum as required in the tender conditions for the sale site at Jurong Gateway Road?

A2

URA's planning intention is to develop Jurong Lake District into a major commercial centre and an attractive business location outside the Central Business District. Hence, the proposed office development within the land parcel should be well-designed and of high-quality so that it can cater to the needs of global, regional and local businesses and financial institutions. Thus, the 30% minimum office quantum shall be strictly for pure office use only. The proposed office layout for the subject site will be subject to approval by the Authority at the Development Application (DA) stage.

If "Home Offices" are proposed, they can only be allowed in approved residential premises and would be computed as residential GFA based on the Development Control circular as shown in the link at http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dc03-20.pdf. The GFA of the Home Offices will not be considered as part of the minimum 30% GFA to be set aside for office use for the sale site.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    I like that, to be able to shift from place to place.
    Why stop doing what you like?
    Does your family members follow you in shifting?
    Yes my boy and gal follow me around... The year before i shifted at least 4-5 times... Lucky they always know to poo in the right places and not on me nor my furniture...

Mm in citylights southbank hot hot demand... Tenant willing to pay 3-3.5k for mm whereas nearby 4rm flat 2.5k....y?
    technically units in citylights & sb not MMs, all larger than 500 sqft

Happy New Year to all! Huat ah for the new year

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    technically units in citylights & sb not MMs, all larger than 500 sqft

Happy New Year to all! Huat ah for the new year
    over here...1bedder==MM liao loh

HAPPY2 2011

Government agencies are in Jurong East. It is quite far from Bukit Panjang, which is developed for residential purpose.

spill over effects.... same as Lakeside

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Yes my boy and gal follow me around... The year before i shifted at least 4-5 times... Lucky they always know to poo in the right places and not on me nor my furniture...
    huh, your boy and gal are of the canine/feline variety?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    huh, your boy and gal are of the canine/feline variety?
    Yesh meowww.

Mm in citylights southbank hot hot demand... Tenant willing to pay 3-3.5k for mm whereas nearby 4rm flat 2.5k....y?

becos agents never show them HDBs ?

which bank's back room ops can afford to rent MM condo ?

usually they rent HDB ..or a 2-3 bedder condo and share among a few colleagues

i am not sure they can afford a MM by themselves

They are better off with cheaper HDBs. I was commenting about the increased biz activity. More people will stay near hubs. So the demand base is increased.