Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterfront Isle (D16, 99 year LH, Frasers Centrepoint / Far East Organization)

Updates@

Release of last 8 choice High Floor 1 bedroom!!!

Sms at 90686016 for more details!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea
    Updates@

Release of last 8 choice High Floor 1 bedroom!!!

Sms at 90686016 for more details!!
    Last 8 units?! I thought 1br left only #14-38??

Heard developer going to up price again soon.

All these OCR 1 bedders so hot. For own stay or rental ah?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpepperj
    All these OCR 1 bedders so hot. For own stay or rental ah?
    to park your $ or CPF OA such that it is not sucked into drain by 4-5% annual inflation rate

Website updated with new price list dated 14th Feb.

http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Up...rA1(14Feb).pdf

Very transparent of them to include the balcony and ac ledge

any official website for Isle?

All the stacks launched?

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    All the stacks launched?
    Dunno leh.
    Isle do not have a website of its own, just a webpage in the FEO website.
    http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.We...-info&prop=289

this is about 8th floor view from the tropica. waterfront isle's 12th floor view will be lagi lagi spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    H88's bedok reservoir view from hdb's 12th floor.
    http://www.h88.com.sg/article/A+view...dok+Reservoir/

I find the bedok reservoir view overhyped. First it is just small reservoir, second the housing estates and pile of sand in the far end are eyesores. Other reservoir views along upper thomson are much nicer and cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I find the bedok reservoir view overhyped. First it is just small reservoir, second the housing estates and pile of sand in the far end are eyesores. Other reservoir views along upper thomson are much nicer and cooler.
    well i am more concerned on how the 1000+ households are going to make do with one road...even with MRT I am sure people will still need to drive...

also plenty of people sharing your waterfront recreational facilities

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    well i am more concerned on how the 1000+ households are going to make do with one road...even with MRT I am sure people will still need to drive...

also plenty of people sharing your waterfront recreational facilities
    The land is enbloced from HUDC last time, I am sure number of units doubled so traffic jam is to be expected, hopefully the MRT will discourage driving in 2017.

Shocking:

7 Seletar Road #02-25
    99 Yrs From 21/12/2009
    $1472
    603sqft
    $887k
    26 Nov 10

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I was there the day before, almost bot #10-02
    but after considering the following

1. actual supply along Bedok Reservoir Road is about 2000+. new supply confirmed is about 2500. Potential supply is another 1000+
    2. When the waterfront projects completed, it is going to be difficult to find tenants
    3. there is no way to expand the Bedok Reservior Rd, taffic is going to be very bad
    4. The reservoir is not that great, dark green water and quite a small one. The one at Yishun looks nicer.

Consider all these, I did not go ahead
    anyway, I am now downloading the Sg properties.....

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna

Consider all these, I did not go ahead
    anyway, I am now downloading the Sg properties.....
    you mean to say offloading?

me too, in the process of selling 1 of my property. waiting for next recession to happen.

No doubt, over-supply is an issue... especially those small units...

For own stay, Bedok reservoir is a good place.

Nomura eyes “supply Tsunami” in Singapore residential
    Thursday, 17 February

Nomura predicts a “supply tsunami” in Singapore's residential property sector, with its own survey predicting 2012 completions may be twice the official estimates.

“Based on URA estimates as of end-4Q10, 7,262 units of private non-landed residential properties are scheduled for completion in 2012. Our survey suggests the number could be as high as 15,457 units.”
    The house estimates 47% of completions this year belong to the prime luxury segment; “there are already signs of rental weakness in the prime luxury segment and we believe supply will continue to weigh on this segment in the near term.”

It tips prime luxury prices to fall 10% in 2011-12. “Be selective on developers,” the house warns.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    you mean to say offloading?

me too, in the process of selling 1 of my property. waiting for next recession to happen.
    ya, offloading, downloading is IT word..haha..

another 1/3 to go this year....

ya, offloading, downloading is IT word..haha..

another 1/3 to go this year....
    After that, enjoy 1% FD in the face of 8% inflation?? I am not bull saying prop market will rocket in next few years but at least it should hold its value against rampant inflation. To me, the downside risk is at most 10% so why sell now?

The fact is subsidized ward bill in SG hospital went up 100% from 2006 to 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    After that, enjoy 1% FD in the face of 8% inflation??
    its a gamble lor....he prob predict next dip in 2012/2013

he offloading 1/3 rite.....deleveraging gd strategy mah as we nvr know when is the peak peak....unless he gona sell almost all....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    its a gamble lor....he prob predict next dip in 2012/2013

he offloading 1/3 rite.....deleveraging gd strategy mah as we nvr know when is the peak peak....unless he gona sell almost all....
    Deleverage in the face of 0.5% SIBOR with US unemployment rate at 9%?! If not because of loan restriction of 60%, I will borrow 80% definitely.

Suggest reading the following article by Paul Krugman about inflation expectation:

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ations-matter/

Take note of the following:

And that’s not the whole story: because temporarily fixed prices are only revised at intervals, their resets often involve catchup. Again, suppose that I set my prices once a year, and there’s an overall inflation rate of 10 percent. Then at the time I reset my prices, they’ll probably be about 5 percent lower than they “should” be; add that effect to the anticipation of future inflation, and I’ll probably mark up my price by 10 percent — even if supply and demand are more or less balanced right now.

[jitkiat] That is what happened to our coffee price in Singapore since 2006!!! Up 10% every year.

Now imagine an economy in which everyone is doing this. What this tells us is that inflation tends to be self-perpetuating, unless there’s a big excess of either supply or demand. In particular, once expectations of, say, persistent 10 percent inflation have become “embedded” in the economy, it will take a major period of slack — years of high unemployment — to get that rate down.

=> what this economist is telling us is that even housing supply can match demand, if inflation expectation is embedded in Asian economy, price will still go up. It takes years of high unemployment or huge oversupply to moderate such inflation expectation

After that, enjoy 1% FD in the face of 8% inflation?? I am not bull saying prop market will rocket in next few years but at least it should hold its value against rampant inflation. To me, the downside risk is at most 10% so why sell now?

The fact is subsidized ward bill in SG hospital went up 100% from 2006 to 2011.
    offloaded 1/3
    offloading another 1/3 this year
    holding the balance of 1/3

I did not hv a single cents in FD....

I think u hv yet to experience 10% down in property market and there is no buyer in the market.....

It really depends on 1/3 of x. What is x? X= less than 10, 10-30, 30-50 or more than 50? Not wrong to be caution.
    offloaded 1/3
    offloading another 1/3 this year
    holding the balance of 1/3

I did not hv a single cents in FD....

I think u hv yet to experience 10% down in property market and there is no buyer in the market.....

1/3 of 3?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It really depends on 1/3 of x. What is x? X= less than 10, 10-30, 30-50 or more than 50? Not wrong to be caution.
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    1/3 of 3?

That still does not change the fact that low SIBOR is here to stay for years.

The very risk is for bond vigilantes to start dumping US Treasuries and bond yield rises to 7% like Portugal. Then our SIBOR can climb to 5%.

In the 1960/70s, we used to have CPF OA rate at 5-6%, after asset enhancement program in 1992, became 2.5% .... then climbed back to 3-4% from 1995-1998, back down to 2.5% until now ...

As I said b4, CPF OA at 2.5%, more attractive to park in property even inflation rate is low, now inflation rate so high how to park $ in CPF OA??

Next, Portfolio of Properties as a percentage of Total Wealth.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    1/3 of 3?

looks like many people forget about business cycles already.

jitkiat, how many years do you think low interest rates can last?

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    No doubt, over-supply is an issue... especially those small units...

For own stay, Bedok reservoir is a good place.

Nomura eyes “supply Tsunami” in Singapore residential
    Thursday, 17 February

Nomura predicts a “supply tsunami” in Singapore's residential property sector, with its own survey predicting 2012 completions may be twice the official estimates.

“Based on URA estimates as of end-4Q10, 7,262 units of private non-landed residential properties are scheduled for completion in 2012. Our survey suggests the number could be as high as 15,457 units.”
    The house estimates 47% of completions this year belong to the prime luxury segment; “there are already signs of rental weakness in the prime luxury segment and we believe supply will continue to weigh on this segment in the near term.”

It tips prime luxury prices to fall 10% in 2011-12. “Be selective on developers,” the house warns.
    Let me highlight the important pointers so that that teddybear would not miss it. And for his low IQ companion, melody, who only read report from property-related analyst, this report from analyst of non-property related industry is far more credible. Stupid.

For me, I hope it remains low until my condo TOP and I could dispose my current unit at a good price This is just my dream scenario. Will materialize or not is another question. When rates start to rocket, strategy got to change loh

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    looks like many people forget about business cycles already.

jitkiat, how many years do you think low interest rates can last?
    How long do you think US unemployment rate will drop to 5-6% thus US Feb hikes interest rate to 3% instead of close to zero now. Definitely US Fed will not start to tighten just because of high food prices alone or China's concern about their reserve (US Feb cares more about Wall Street than Main Street).

On the other hand, do you think there is a chance that bond market will panic (due to US turning into PIGS scenario) thus forcing US Feb to tighten despite high unemployment number .... this will be close to 3rd world war scenario

Of course one more scenario is for US to limp along (Japan here I come), maintain rate between 0-1% while Asian countries continue to grow ... but rampant inflation in Asia will continue.

One more is China property market crashing 30% ...then I must
    Last edited by jitkiat; 17-02-11 at 13:17.

How long do you think US unemployment rate will drop to 5-6% thus US Feb hikes interest rate to 3% instead of close to zero now. Definitely US Fed will not start to tighten just because of high food prices alone or China's concern about their reserve (US Feb cares more about Wall Street than Main Street).
    how come you answer a question with another question?

I am no economist so mine reasoning is simple. No escaping economic cycles. recovery start 2009. so next bust is 2013-2015. at least have definite time frame, give or take a few years