Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterfront Isle (D16, 99 year LH, Frasers Centrepoint / Far East Organization)

SINGAPORE (AP) -- Singapore raised its 2011 inflation forecast Thursday as a booming economy and surging global food and energy costs boosted prices.

Prices will likely rise between 3 and 4 percent this year, one percentage point higher than the previous estimate, the Trade and Industry Ministry said. The government said it expects inflation to peak as high as 6 percent in the first half before dropping in the second half.

=> Calculated based on hawker food prices? In reality inflation to middle class is probably 10%.

Chinese stock picking up again:

Shanghai-A

Last edited by jitkiat; 17-02-11 at 13:56.

It is higher. You pay more and get less e.g. lower quantity and quality.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkiat
    After that, enjoy 1% FD in the face of 8% inflation??
    equities maybe ?
    nothing wrong reducing exposure on one class of asset what.

back on topic:

1. actual supply along Bedok Reservoir Road is about 2000+. new supply confirmed is about 2500. Potential supply is another 1000+
    wow if this is true, this whole stretch is going to be a very crowded place.

THE Housing and Development Board (HDB) has launched a new issuanceof Notes under its $7 billion Medium Term Note (MTN) Programme.

The bond comprises a $320 million, 5-year Fixed Rate Note issue with a coupon of 2.0225% per annum payable semi-annually in arrear.

=> Such is that probability of SIBOR going up in 5y time

The SIBOR at 2007 is how much? 1.25%?

THE Housing and Development Board (HDB) has launched a new issuanceof Notes under its $7 billion Medium Term Note (MTN) Programme.

The bond comprises a $320 million, 5-year Fixed Rate Note issue with a coupon of 2.0225% per annum payable semi-annually in arrear.

Quote Originally Posted by noblebaby
    The SIBOR at 2007 is how much? 1.25%?
    Use the following tool to check:

http://www.mas.gov.sg/data_room/msb/...est_rates.html

About 2.5% (2-3%) on average in 2007

If HDB dares to issue 5y bond at 2% .... let's become HDB loh

Actually no need to look n compare with these eco data/indicator... If market wan to go down it will go down... If china property market burst, then asian economy will go down together... Equity n property will b down...

Actually no need to look n compare with these eco data/indicator... If market wan to go down it will go down... If china property market burst, then asian economy will go down together... Equity n property will b down...
    Not true, if property market down, SIBOR still 0.5%, not much downside risk as GLS will b stopped, restriction and SSD will be removed to moderate the downside but if property market down and SIBOR goes to 8 % (happened in 1998 ), pants down

i was refering to property price... and dont really bother about SIBOR...

honestly, i feel that property price will go down before Isle obtain TOP...

Not true, if property market down, SIBOR still 0.5%, not much downside risk as GLS will b stopped, restriction and SSD will be removed to moderate the downside but if property market down and SIBOR goes to 8 % (happened in 1998 ), pants down

i was refering to property price... and dont really bother about SIBOR...

honestly, i feel that property price will go down before Isle obtain TOP...
    Possible, depends on how much further is the run-up, ORC with MRT up to 1,400psf and correct back to 1000psf ??

Greenwich already hit 1,400psf

Here's a detailed chart of sg property price index with description.

http://www.singaporerealestate.info/...0to%202010.htm

and HK's property price index chart
    http://www.midland.com.hk/eng/living...y_market.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

why is HK worried about property bubble? it has not even exceeded 1996 peak!
    or because properties in HK most leasehold (50 years?), it shows the depreciating effect of LH, 14 years has passed. 1996-2010.

Thanks. NUS SRPI vs SG historical inflation rate (X2 for real rate):

2006 1.0 X 2 = 2.0
    2007 2.1 X 2 = 4.2
    2008 6.6 X 2 = 13.2
    2009 0.6 X 2 = 1.2
    2010 2.8 X 2 = 5.6
    2011 3.5 X 2 = 7.0 (estimate)

If 2006, base 100, now should be close to 140 (i.e. 40% increase since 2006, prop price has run up abt 60%, fair enough)

Dont alwz use the max value... Should look at the median value...

Possible, depends on how much further is the run-up, ORC with MRT up to 1,400psf and correct back to 1000psf ??

Thanks. NUS SRPI vs SG historical inflation rate (X2 for real rate):

2006 1.0 X 2 = 2.0
    2007 2.1 X 2 = 4.2
    2008 6.6 X 2 = 13.2
    2009 0.6 X 2 = 1.2
    2010 2.8 X 2 = 5.6
    2011 3.5 X 2 = 7.0 (estimate)

If 2006, base 100, now should be close to 140 (i.e. 40% increase since 2006, prop price has run up abt 60%, fair enough)
    err...where is the inflation graph in the secondary y-axis?

Price has already factored in the MRT. Mayb another 10% upside if the economy is doing well in the coming 7 yrs. LTA said 2017, by the time start operation already 2018/2019... So many bought for investment, really got so many buyer?

But i think those larger unit got potential... Vry hard to find anymore...

Price has already factored in the MRT. Mayb another 10% upside if the economy is doing well in the coming 7 yrs. LTA said 2017, by the time start operation already 2018/2019... So many bought for investment, really got so many buyer?

But i think those larger unit got potential... Vry hard to find anymore...
    For me as long as upside around 10% to 15% after TOP happy already. Better than those structured deposits and FD. haa haa.

For HK, these are the more popular index used
    http://www.rvd.gov.hk/en/publications/pro-review.htm

but majority refer to this
    http://www.centadata.com/cci/cci.htm

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I find the bedok reservoir view overhyped. First it is just small reservoir, second the housing estates and pile of sand in the far end are eyesores. Other reservoir views along upper thomson are much nicer and cooler.
    It is perhaps the largest man-made reservoir in Singapore. Since I studied nearby, we held our cross country at Bedok Reservoir. It does hold memories for many.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

I am of the same opinion. Actually, Bedok Reservoir is the worse of all reservoirs.

I love Macritchie Reservoir. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I find the bedok reservoir view overhyped. First it is just small reservoir, second the housing estates and pile of sand in the far end are eyesores. Other reservoir views along upper thomson are much nicer and cooler.

IMO lower seletar reservoir is the best. Very "open" feel

all reservoirs views are rare, and ppl who want reservoir views and stay in the East will naturally gravitate towards Bedok reservoir.

any reservoir view is more appealing than hdb/condo/pool view anytime.

I used to stay in a seaview unit, and now a reservoir view unit. A Marina Bay view unit will be the only upgrade that I hope to achieve some day.

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    I am of the same opinion. Actually, Bedok Reservoir is the worse of all reservoirs.

I love Macritchie Reservoir. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    all reservoirs views are rare, and ppl who want reservoir views and stay in the East will naturally gravitate towards Bedok reservoir.

any reservoir view is more appealing than hdb/condo/pool view anytime.

I used to stay in a seaview unit, and now a reservoir view unit. A Marina Bay view unit will be the only upgrade that I hope to achieve some day.
    how about sentosa? 2nd wkend home wud b nice too....i am eyeing

that one is your league bro, i don't think i can afford sentosa even if i flipped the clift 10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    how about sentosa? 2nd wkend home wud b nice too....i am eyeing

Quote Originally Posted by McKinnon
    that one is your league bro, i don't think i can afford sentosa even if i flipped the clift 10 times.
    i only eyeing a small apartment there....definitely not landed ....so u can afford la if u r eyeing marina bay

must long term goal mah.. then will work harder, hope it wun take me 20 years to upgrade..

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i only eyeing a small apartment there....definitely not landed ....so u can afford la if u r eyeing marina bay

Heard nearly whole stack of 4br with poolview sold out in one day

Agents don't even bother to advisertise in property guru

Prices after discount similar to WFG and WFK from March to July 2010.

14% discount still available till tomorrow

A lot of people just buy due to the roof garden, this project has the best view as it is in the middle of the reservoir and most stacks has unblocked view or poolview.

Large size 4-br is getting rare... Mayb tis is another selling point...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Heard nearly whole stack of 4br with poolview sold out in one day

Agents don't even bother to advisertise in property guru

Prices after discount similar to WFG and WFK from March to July 2010.

14% discount still available till tomorrow

A lot of people just buy due to the roof garden, this project has the best view as it is in the middle of the reservoir and most stacks has unblocked view or poolview.

I must say waterfront isle has the best interior furnishing. I am impressed. With the eastern part of downtown line in future, this place will be good for own stay. All the one bedders are sold. Stack 30 may be good but it's much aftected by at dusk. I gained some interior decor tips at it's show flat. However, I still think that property prices have risen to a new peak. I won't say it's overpriced because property prices will continue to increase in the long term. Singapore is fundamentally an attractive place to invest, stay, work and study. What's more important is you like what you buy.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    I must say waterfront isle has the best interior furnishing. I am impressed. With the eastern part of downtown line in future, this place will be good for own stay. All the one bedders are sold. Stack 30 may be good but it's much aftected by at dusk. I gained some interior decor tips at it's show flat. However, I still think that property prices have risen to a new peak. I won't say it's overpriced because property prices will continue to increase in the long term. Singapore is fundamentally an attractive place to invest, stay, work and study. What's more important is you like what you buy.

Stack 30 is facing SSW so get some west sun at end of year (normally rainy season). From April to August, the west sun is negligible. Also went up to hdb to check PIE noise, couldn't see the traffic because all blocked by trees and no noise at all. Stack 31/32 1br are the one gets cooked all year long.

This project has the potential to become the next Lakeshore, commanding higher rental psf than other nearby projects.