Thread: New Hougang Mall + Condo

Default New Hougang Mall + Condo

Interesting development at Hougang Central. TOP in 2014, adding on to the generous condo supply to Kovan/Hougang area...

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Hougan...T-Condo+combo/

Wah 2014 that's quite soon especially since land not up for GLS in 1 h 2011, but i guess anything possible especially if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Interesting development at Hougang Central. TOP in 2014, adding on to the generous condo supply to Kovan/Hougang area...

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Hougan...T-Condo+combo/

no news from the mainstream paper?
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Anyone has updates on this? Or is it scraped since the area taken over by WP?

Quote Originally Posted by kiasuest
    Anyone has updates on this? Or is it scraped since the area taken over by WP?
    Worker's Residences coming soon

Sim Lian Project.
    I heard from a Orange Tee agent told me that the estimated PSF is $900 - $1000. All because it near to Hougang MRT. I ever walk from that place to MRT. Only 2 bus-stop but about 500M. Will be launch after 7th month.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney Stone Stone
    Sim Lian Project.
    I heard from a Orange Tee agent told me that the estimated PSF is $900 - $1000. All because it near to Hougang MRT. I ever walk from that place to MRT. Only 2 bus-stop but about 500M. Will be launch after 7th month.
    Another Sim Lian Project? I only liked Clovers by the Park. Not sure how this one will turn out?

Sim Lian Project.
    900-1k psf is dirty filthy cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    900-1k psf is dirty filthy cheap.
    Yes seriously doubt it will be this price. If given a choice, which project is preferred, the one at Seng Kang by Keppel or this one at Hougang by Sim Lian?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Yes seriously doubt it will be this price. If given a choice, which project is preferred, the one at Seng Kang or this one at Hougang?
    I think Hougang should win, 2 station nearer to city

I suppose there will be a healthy competition between the two developers and buyers stand to benefit. If Sim Lian price it low, Keppel has no choice but to price it low also to attract basically the same group of potential buyers. Then again, knowing developers, they will surely work hand in hand and both will price it high so buyers will have a harder time! Hmmm...

of course choose the hougang one.. nearer to city plus new mall.. but 900-1k psf?? slowly wait also dun have.. unless property market crash..

I will put new the launch price around $1300 psf for 2-bedders, but probably it is MM sized

Sim Lian Project.
    I don't think the land next to Hougang mall is Sim Lian project.

Sim Lian is going to launch a project soon along Hougang Ave 7, the empty land next to Blk316, near the old demolished wet market opposite Defu Ave 1.

how come sooooo many new launches in hougang/serangoon/sengkang/punggol area recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    how come sooooo many new launches in hougang/serangoon/sengkang/punggol area recently?
    D19 is one of the hottest OCR sector for the housing market in recent years, especially the last 3 to 4 years. Its popularity rose from the building of the NEX mall. Suddenly most developers will include that mall as one of their attractions.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    D19 is one of the hottest OCR sector for the housing market in recent years, especially the last 3 to 4 years. Its popularity rose from the building of the NEX mall. Suddenly most developers will include that mall as one of their attractions.
    It's mostly FH or 999LH there. But traffic there is bad, and kind of overbuilt, so it is hot and crowded to me.

It's mostly FH or 999LH there. But traffic there is bad, and kind of overbuilt, so it is hot and crowded to me.
    Traffic in nearly 30% of Singapore is bad. I've traveled at Bendemeer, PIE, CTE, Eunos, Braddell and Upper Serangoon, as well as Little India during peak hours and boy is the traffic trying! If want good traffic, try Seng Kang, Jurong West, Woodlands and Mandai or even Lim Chu Kang.

The pollutions in Singapore: air, traffic, noise, space, thermal, light etc... are reaching my limits. My next one is most likely in some relatively undeveloped part of Singapore or overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    Aiyoh, the ERP gantries in KPE getting dusty. Stay condo usually drive cars so of course must get more projects going so that can reap returns from KPE.

Gantries will most likely be turned on after the next GE, when most projects are completed, I.e. After 2016.

The pollutions in Singapore: air, traffic, noise, space, thermal, light etc... are reaching my limits. My next one is most likely in some relatively undeveloped part of Singapore or overseas.
    Hehe.. Lim Chu Kang the next BTO and condo frontier after Punggol..All farmland there will be taken back. The live firing areas nearby have some of the best views in Singapore. Got mountain, got water.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Hehe.. Lim Chu Kang the next BTO and condo frontier after Punggol..All farmland there will be taken back. The live firing areas nearby have some of the best views in Singapore. Got mountain, got water.
    And mosquitoes too!

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    And mosquitoes too!
    Yes, the mozzies can pierce through No. 4 to suck blood! Very fierce.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Along with some stray bullets and empty cartridges! 120 blasting away every weekend is sure music to some! LOL!