Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First time buyer looking for a 1Bedroom condo in D15-D16

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    What if although right payee but other people pay $2000 psf for a high floor unit and your agent put you as buying $2500 psf for a low floor lousy facing unit? Don't think that is too safe?
    U need to sign the OTP with the correct description of unit lah. Unless developer "A" u, think it's quiet safe.

Quote Originally Posted by penguin
    Reuter, what's your take on devts at Sea Avenue? Its 5min walk to PP. Got potential? Recent transaction at Sea Avenue Residences 2-bedder 980sqft transacted at 1.12m. You think overpriced or still ok?
    I personally feel different when I visit a small property compared with a large estate. Some of the smaller properties do not even have security guard and I feel that if I have to stay in such condos, i might as well buy a HDB resale flat in a good location. Also, particularly in East Coast, some parcels of land have a good history of prime factor while others do not have, although they seem quite near to one another. There are several major plus points in D15 and the most obvious is that it is near to the beach.

However, based on today's prices, I think that the Sea Ave 980sqft at 1.12 mil is still possible to invest because it is near to Katong Mall (Golden Village open this year). It WILL be attractive - honestly, which GV cinema in Singapore (other than great world), is not near to an mrt station? Perhaps the developers know more information than us.

Having said that, this discussion was more about finding a small property of under 500sqft available at a budget of $600,000, near Parkway Parade. Anyone care to give a definite recommendation? I can't find any.

Ivy,

When you need to move in? I think most 1-bedders are usually new projects, some may not be completed. You can check out Everitt Edge, Haig 162, Studios @ tembeling. These might still be possible to walk to PP. Else, those devts near Ipoh Lane (nearer to paya lebar side) may be within your budget too.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    aiyo blank cheque quite safe not really blank but with the payee written as the developer account....
    Blank cheque = payee name in, without sum and signature, and cross

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    I personally feel different when I visit a small property compared with a large estate. Some of the smaller properties do not even have security guard and I feel that if I have to stay in such condos, i might as well buy a HDB resale flat in a good location. Also, particularly in East Coast, some parcels of land have a good history of prime factor while others do not have, although they seem quite near to one another. There are several major plus points in D15 and the most obvious is that it is near to the beach.

However, based on today's prices, I think that the Sea Ave 980sqft at 1.12 mil is still possible to invest because it is near to Katong Mall (Golden Village open this year). It WILL be attractive - honestly, which GV cinema in Singapore (other than great world), is not near to an mrt station? Perhaps the developers know more information than us.

Having said that, this discussion was more about finding a small property of under 500sqft available at a budget of $600,000, near Parkway Parade. Anyone care to give a definite recommendation? I can't find any.

FH, smaller than 500sqft at a price of $600k and near PP - tough

from a quick search at propertyguru, most of the units aren't near PP

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singa...+border%3D0%3E

If you classify Telok Kurau (along main road, right beside it, around Lor J/K spot) as near to Parkway, write to me regarding The Cotz... can sell to you.

It is BRAND NEW and undergoing defects rectification as we speak...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    If you classify Telok Kurau (along main road, right beside it, around Lor J/K spot) as near to Parkway, write to me regarding The Cotz... can sell to you.

It is BRAND NEW and undergoing defects rectification as we speak...
    hehe...1450-1500psf?

saw many units asking for 2.3k rental

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    hehe...1450-1500psf?

ouch!!! TK at 1450-1500psf???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    hehe...1450-1500psf?

Not ex!

I just checked on streetsine.com. It IS within 1km of Tao Nan!

Rental yield = 4-5%
    Price of investment = 600k
    Ego to brag that your child studies at Tao Nan = priceless

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    Not ex considering it's instant move in no need to wait.

Time = $$$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    say hi to mickey? hehe ard 388sqft mah....quantum low low...hehe

i heard loft @ holland mickey gona cost ard 2100psf...322sqft nia

tot wana recommend ivy espira suites....but heard only left with PHs....

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Blank cheque = payee name in, without sum and signature, and cross
    Actually, not safe.
    There was an article in ST some months ago.

First, you cross out bearer.
    Next, top left corner, you cross with 2 lines with words in between "a/c payee only non negotiable"
    Then, back of check, write "for deposit and/or option for <project name>"

The above may offer some protection. However, as you left the amount blank, you are deemed not prudent and placed yourself in a diminished poistion.

Also errant agents could still bank into his own account and run off with money. Report police.

If developer employee banks into his own account and run, you could sue developer for negligent and/or lack of duty of care.

Regards

what I do in situations like this is to issue a blank cheque from an account that doesn't have much money in it.

I will only transfer the money into that account (via instantaneous internet transfer) after the amount is confirmed and to my satisfaction.

Otherwise, the cheque bounces..... boing....

Ivy,

When you need to move in? I think most 1-bedders are usually new projects, some may not be completed. You can check out Everitt Edge, Haig 162, Studios @ tembeling. These might still be possible to walk to PP. Else, those devts near Ipoh Lane (nearer to paya lebar side) may be within your budget too.
    Maybe Haig 162 and Studios@Tembeling may work because the rest are not really considered 'near' to PP already, unless Ivy wants to arrive in office looking wet and flustered because of the heat in Singapore. Why not 'up' your budget to 950k and buy a unit in Sea View or One Amber? A unit in One Amber is going for 910k now. High floor.

Parc elegance at the north end of Telok Kurau road still have some 400sqft MM units for sale around 500k++.
    Last edited by azeoprop; 11-01-11 at 18:30.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I think vacanza @ east got 1 bedroom units going around 550k++.

Hi , i've went to view the vacanza units left for 1bedrooms ( 6 units) , 1+1 study left 2units selling fast.. All left high floor as for the 1bedroom selling at least $641,000/- at level 9

Quote Originally Posted by ivy252
    Hi , i've went to view the vacanza units left for 1bedrooms ( 6 units) , 1+1 study left 2units selling fast.. All left high floor as for the 1bedroom selling at least $641,000/- at level 9
    with the new anti measures coming out today.. u will get something cheaper soon.. like my dad alway say, if u got the mony u dont worry that u cant get it

Ivy,

Hi dear , thanks for your recommend has ask my agent to checked on the haig162 fully sold out lolx...As for the everitt edge and Studios @ tembeling will get my agent to check on the price thx

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    with the new anti measures coming out today.. u will get something cheaper soon.. like my dad alway say, if u got the mony u dont worry that u cant get it

Hi Jwong71 ,

thanks for the reply do you mean the price will drop soon ? Great to hear that it's a good news to me

Parc elegance at the north end of Telok Kurau road still have some 400sqft MM units for sale around 500k++.

Hi Azeoprop ,

Thanks for your recommend will get my agent to check on it

Hi Jwong71 ,

thanks for the reply do you mean the price will drop soon ? Great to hear that it's a good news to me
    Read it sister

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10602

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    Maybe Haig 162 and Studios@Tembeling may work because the rest are not really considered 'near' to PP already, unless Ivy wants to arrive in office looking wet and flustered because of the heat in Singapore. Why not 'up' your budget to 950k and buy a unit in Sea View or One Amber? A unit in One Amber is going for 910k now. High floor.

Hi Reuters ,

Thanks for your recommend in fact i've get my agent to check on the unit in 16@amber at first i was told it might left 1-2 units for a 1bedroom in level 4 selling at $701,000/ - $706,000/- received his call back during late afternoon that this project are fully sold out Need to do more research ...

Yah, best to wait and see the effects of the new cooling measures. May have some firesales coming soon.

why worry..? in a stable market like now, properties inches up slowly by 20-30k each time, but when its free falling is gonna be like 50k or more..
    unless u have no time,and not enuff mony worrying of not able to buy..
    then jump in the market with closed eyes.

Yah, best to wait and see the effects of the new cooling measures. May have some firesales coming soon.
    Higher chances in OCR that is above 1000 psf. Less than 12 mths and more than 850 psf.

Thanks bro... My agent just called me that the unit i'm interested dropped down $20K after the news out

Thanks bro... My agent just called me that the unit i'm interested dropped down $20K after the news out
    see the effect.. 20k is not enuff,in this current market.
    the units i view, have alrdy drop prices too..
    let the owners get desperate and engage in a price dropping war..

see the effect.. 20k is not enuff,in this current market.
    5 to 10 percent ok, 20 percent might as well pay tax. Remember asking should logically be up but more than neutralized by lack of demand. 10 percent fair.

see the effect.. 20k is not enuff,in a falling market.

Yes bro ... Lolx price dropped so fast .This is what my agent told me after the news out : Less people buy business drop bank interest goes down too .
    Last edited by ivy252; 13-01-11 at 21:59.