Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Discussion : How will results at Singapore General Elections Affect Housing Prices ?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Devilplate, you are right
    I am struggling to reach UHNW status. and yes I vote for opposition which always loses. and yes I blame my parents for being so risk adverse, FD & pay condo full cash, and for not listening to my advice, if only they had listened, we would be so much richer
    hey ,

u own a 4 bedder at Dakota Residence and paid $1.8m for it. Are you still not UHNW ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    hey ,

u own a 4 bedder at Dakota Residence and paid $1.8m for it. Are you still not UHNW ?
    Think you got the wrong person. I am purely CCR. UHNW is 30mil and above

Do you think north koreans who want change can fight from within?
    for those who dislike government policies, please follow the example of Gorbachev.

If Gorbachev had revealed his intention while he is still a junior, he would never have reached the pinnacle of power in the USSR.
    So to all those idealist, join PAP, join grassroots, work from within. Climb up the ranks. Become MP, then cabinet minister, then finally PM.
    If you still have the ideals when you reached the post of PM, then do whatever you like to open up Singapore.
    No point fighting from outside, fight from within.

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    typical response from house salesman...say already than say never say...seen so many liao of this kind of pattern...
    y ??

tell me more?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    but who gona suffer??

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Those who r struggling in sg will tend to vote for opposition n hope for a change...they will blame anything else other den themselves ..... Hehe
    I hf witness so many life examples

Quote:
    Originally Posted by devilplate
    Did i say those who vote for opposition cfm struggling wif their lives?

typical response from house salesman...say already than say never say...seen so many liao of this kind of pattern...

-------------------------------------------------
    look at the above quotes ...dear devilplate

peterng8, please know cause and effect. Please know that A causes B doesn't mean B is only caused by A.

Devilplate is mentioning that those who r struggling will tend to vote for opposition. It doesn't necesarrily mean that those who vote for opposition are struggling.
    If a non-native English speaker can understand this logic, I am baffled why you can't understand this logic. No wonder Chinese students are outperforming native Singaporeans

one is micro the other is macro....it like LPPL...language game will only with some people...

If u r smart, u only have one choice and one right choice. The power has to be there to reverse it. 50 50 weight won't work. Opp un proven, could be worst nightmare. Where the cure is worst than the pain. The medicine worst than the cure.

This world is so unfair!!!

Not true. The well-heeled and educated ones as well - they're looking for new ideas and diversity.

Those who r struggling in sg will tend to vote for opposition n hope for a change...they will blame anything else other den themselves ..... Hehe

By the time you wait until you are struggling or dying than vote in new government, it will be too late.

Australians vote out John Howard after 11 years as PM and despite record economic growth is because he was PM for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    If u r smart, u only have one choice and one right choice. The power has to be there to reverse it. 50 50 weight won't work. Opp un proven, could be worst nightmare. Where the cure is worst than the pain. The medicine worst than the cure.

This world is so unfair!!!

The other parties cup is empty and no track record as government so there is a chance it will do well.

Compare to now which we all know the verdict and sealed, nothing will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    By the time you wait until you are struggling or dying than vote in new government, it will be too late.

Australians vote out John Howard after 11 years as PM and despite record economic growth is because he was PM for too long.
    so wats ur views of the latest cooling measures? Mr OPP

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Not true. The well-heeled and educated ones as well - they're looking for new ideas and diversity.
    wah liu....i say struggling ones tend to vote for opp....y suddenly everyone tot tat i meant only struggling ones vote for opp.... including agt ng

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Gorbachev has proven that it can be done. However as often as is the case, people lose their ideals when they got into power. They become what they opposed.

wah liu....i say struggling ones tend to vote for opp....y suddenly everyone tot tat i meant only struggling ones vote for opp.... including agt ng
    see only what they want to see and their command of the english language not so powderful. . Not everyone missed your point. (pat myself on the back).

see only what they want to see and their command of the english language not so powderful. . Not everyone missed your point. (pat myself on the back).
    or mabe my singlish too misleading....last time got entangled b4 by using the wrong word ....smthing like independent mortgage banker vs mobile banker....lol

Wonder how yesterday's cooling measures will affect election results and votes, esp MBT ward.

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Wonder how yesterday's cooling measures will affect election results and votes, esp MBT ward.
    HDB prices still rising... i expect some measures before GE

Quote Originally Posted by august
    HDB prices still rising... i expect some measures before GE
    If there's direct measures @HDB, then it will dampen the spirits and sentiments of the general population. Personally, i don 't think they want to do that & annoy the HDB heartlanders..., as long small and steady increase, it will be OK, this is what MM said and tell all to hang on to your HDB flats, it will be a appreciating asset - but slow and steady (probably they just want increase to be more than inflation - good enough).

If there's direct measures @HDB, then it will dampen the spirits and sentiments of the general population. Personally, i don 't think they want to do that & annoy the HDB heartlanders..., as long small and steady increase, it will be OK, this is what MM said and tell all to hang on to your HDB flats, it will be a appreciating asset - but slow and steady (probably they just want increase to be more than inflation - good enough).
    Wonder if civil servants have got their bonus already? Those Super Scale officers with their fat bonus, this cooling measures is perfect, cash rich to buy....

sorry I am not in the same trade as you.... look at the way I hammer housing salesmen u know... I do like your nick devilplate...sounds naughty ha ha...

U and hopeful(hope price increases or price decreases?) have same level of thinking....maybe same trade he he
    Last edited by peterng8; 14-01-11 at 14:52.

Actually if MBT is forced out, would it change anything? Probably he would be a civil servant, the brain behind the operation. The next housing minister would just be the public face and take instructions from MBT.

sorry I am not in the same trade as you.... look at the way I hammer housing salesmen u know... I do like your nick devilplate...sounds naughty ha ha...

U and hopeful(hope price increases or price decreases?) have same level of thinking....maybe same trade he he
    Wow... Anymore agt ng??

what trade are you talking about? We are not trading properties. We are property investors. Because if we are trading properties, we would be taxed on our trading profits :P

BTW, how do you hammer housing salesman?

What brain are you talking about. MBT has no brains. If you look at his cv u will realize the only reason he got the job is cuz he is lky crony. His past work experience and education is pathetic

Actually if MBT is forced out, would it change anything? Probably he would be a civil servant, the brain behind the operation. The next housing minister would just be the public face and take instructions from MBT.

Force him out first then talk later lol

Wow... Anymore agt ng??

yes? agent devilplate, nothing more to say just wait for the market to be more clear...

yes? agent devilplate, nothing more to say just wait for the market to be more clear...
    cool... agent eat grass and waste time here.. its a black period now. Golden opportunity for the real investors and buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    cool... agent eat grass and waste time here.. its a black period now. Golden opportunity for the real investors and buyers.
    wat opportunity? volume will be low.