Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does "4" command discounts

Smile Does "4" command discounts

Hi

I'm jus wandering is it prevalent that unit number with 4 shd be cheaper then similar units within the same development. E.g #04, #10-14.

Thanks all

Unit on level 4, 14, 24, 34, 44 etc plus 13....

Some developer only lah.

LKY says it's RUBBISH to believe numbers will bring about change of luck (either good or bad).

But he did say for investment, he would still consider the prevailing belief and how it would affect the prices.

If I did remember his news article correctly.

Though... if it's Angmoh or Indonesians buying, the 4 does not have any effect.

Believe one need to consult feng shui master, can't say 4 surely bad, depend on many other factors, owner's characters,etc

http://www.geomancy.net/resources/th...fs-numbers.htm

I know ang mo dont like to stay on 13th floor and some overseas project skip floor 13th (true??) and chinese will try to avoid 14.....hehe

But to me dont care lah....any number also can... but with 888 would be better at least most people feel good about it. esp 28.

When i bought my first apartment, the unit below mine #04-04, was sold around 10k more than mine becasue in dunno hokkien or teochew
    04-04 meant " Gong Xi Gong Xi"!

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet
    When i bought my first apartment, the unit below mine #04-04, was sold around 10k more than mine becasue in dunno hokkien or teochew
    04-04 meant " Gong Xi Gong Xi"!
    not "knock and die" x 2 ?.. the agent must be damn good in his sales pitch....

Sold my last unit with address #05-44... Do not have problem selling it. Unit sold within 2 weeks after first meeting with agent. Further more price broke historical record high as well..

Seem like no. 4 has little impact for new generation.

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Sold my last unit with address #05-44... Do not have problem selling it. Unit sold within 2 weeks after first meeting with agent. Further more price broke historical record high as well..

Seem like no. 4 has little impact for new generation.
    which district?

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    which district?
    District 21, y?

which district?
    District 14

Smile

I jus thot new generation wun mind "4" in fact got many car plate number 4, 44, 444 etc.

But jus wonder which will have a worse effect: "4" in flr number (e.g #04, #14) or in the unit (eg -04, -14)

Doesnt matter. If 14 floor unit selling at huge discount just grab. I know of some investors buy stack 4 with good attributes n sig discount n end up selling at record prices for the development. Also, for some, 4 is lucky number. In many 5 story developments, 4 floor fetch some of the best prices.
    D15 postal code read 44xxxx rite? Still popular.

But given a choice between #xx-04 and #xx-08, at the same price and orientation. The obvious choice is still #xx-08.

Why is it that #08 and #18 units are almost always sold out faster than #04 and #14 units?

There is definitely a premium. The question is how much

Haha, ah q would write his unit as xx14-yy

Developer sales has difference in price becasue so many units up for grabs. But when it comes to resale when some developments only 1-2 units on sale at any point in time, the price differential is no longer significant - that is what i have observed. Of course I believe there will always be superstitious people who prefer the number "8". It's individual preference. If for own stay, you wouldn't need to care if you're comfortable with yourself. For investments, you would be surprised some units with number 4 are still selling at market, i.e. zero discount in the resale market.

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    But given a choice between #xx-04 and #xx-08, at the same price and orientation. The obvious choice is still #xx-08.

Why is it that #08 and #18 units are almost always sold out faster than #04 and #14 units?

There is definitely a premium. The question is how much

I sold my unit #04-04 at a historical high few mths back. Also no problems getting tenants. D19 (serangoon central area). I think depends on the person. I remember when I was trying to sell my first house (no 4s at all), a family was keen, then on their 2nd viewing, they brought ther fengshui master along. In the end, fsm also said they cannot buy my hse.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=304

Took so long to sell and yet offered at lowest, still no takers. Part of it is due to number 4. Other parts are facing etc.

MBR's #44-04 was recently sold by 1st owner at a massive discount to market price, but of course owner also make liao. Buyer is indonesian.

I have seen cars with 4444, 444, 44, n 4 driven by non Chinese. Dun bother lah,

For ang mo, 4 is A and a ACE! Must cook up story lah.

12-74 want u to go die
    13-14 one alive one dead
    11-44 hungry hungry, die die
    04-08 no die no huat

Etc.... No offense to unit owners ok?

Duh.

44如意。
    44顺利。
    44哈哈!

District 21, y?
    hoho sell and buy back?

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    I have seen cars with 4444, 444, 44, n 4 driven by non Chinese. Dun bother lah,

For ang mo, 4 is A and a ACE! Must cook up story lah.

12-74 want u to go die
    13-14 one alive one dead
    11-44 hungry hungry, die die
    04-08 no die no huat

Etc.... No offense to unit owners ok?
    #01-24, starving to death...

hoho sell and buy back?
    keep bullets and waiting for next round of Great Home sales cycle...

keep bullets and waiting for next round of Great Home sales cycle...
    base on report today, should be around 2014 period. Now go house hunting and bio good units.

According to Malaysian Feng Shui Master,

http://www.henryfong.com/questions-8.htm
    Feng Shui Questions

Does the house number influence it's Feng Shui?

The answer is no.
    However in areas where there is a significant Chinese community a 'bad' number can affect the resale value of the house!
    In some Chinese dialect the number 4 sounds like die and many avoid it like the plague. Numbers that combine with 4 can sound just as bad or worse. For example 14 sounds like 'sure die' while 24 sounds like 'easy to die'!
    To 'rectify' the 'bad' number some house owners 'change' their house numbers. For example, number 4 becomes 3A and 14 becomes 13A.
    The number 8 on the other hand is highly revered. It sound like prosperity. Combinations like 18 and 68 sounds like 'surely prosper' and 'on the road to prosperity' respectively and is highly demanded.

base on report today, should be around 2014 period. Now go house hunting and bio good units.
    Agreed that it will take a few years for cycle to come.
    Had bio quite a few units and will cheong in when time/price are right.

Meanwhile, wait long long for the cycle to start, rest and counting $$$ now...

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    According to Malaysian Feng Shui Master,

http://www.henryfong.com/questions-8.htm
    Feng Shui Questions

Does the house number influence it's Feng Shui?

The answer is no.
    However in areas where there is a significant Chinese community a 'bad' number can affect the resale value of the house!
    In some Chinese dialect the number 4 sounds like die and many avoid it like the plague. Numbers that combine with 4 can sound just as bad or worse. For example 14 sounds like 'sure die' while 24 sounds like 'easy to die'!
    To 'rectify' the 'bad' number some house owners 'change' their house numbers. For example, number 4 becomes 3A and 14 becomes 13A.
    The number 8 on the other hand is highly revered. It sound like prosperity. Combinations like 18 and 68 sounds like 'surely prosper' and 'on the road to prosperity' respectively and is highly demanded.
    I cannot help but comment... If you guys know my district,block,level,unit number and carplate number, I think i can be named King of 4sssss... See after 4 years whether the number 4 really cannot make it - Let's make it 2014 then.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    I cannot help but comment... If you guys know my district,block,level,unit number and carplate number, I think i can be named King of 4sssss... See after 4 years whether the number 4 really cannot make it - Let's make it 2014 then.
    Seem like Feng Shui more important than the number itself. Know of 1 family friend whose father live in number 40, whose car is number 40, etc and they have prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Seem like Feng Shui more important than the number itself. Know of 1 family friend whose father live in number 40, whose car is number 40, etc and they have prosper.
    Yup, if it's 4x or 4 landed, who can say they not prosper... For own stay is ok. Though if I intend to sell after 10yrs.. maybe will have a headache. Anyway, if I had to buy for investment, I think I will stick to the safer alternatives of avoiding too many 4s.