Thread: What are the projects not moving?

Default What are the projects not moving?

I was told by a divisional director of a large real estate agency that there are few projects not moving well in the market.

I know, projects like Minton, Flamingo Valley, are not going well.

Any more info to share what are the other projects not moving?

In URA section, Prices of Units Sold in Private Residential Properties
    can find out number of units unsold. Download all data for 3 months. compare between months to see fast moving or not.

I think Austville will not be a sold out. Probably 50% at best by end of this month.

Canopy should still left with 50% unsold?

D'Leedon is another monster project that will release many more units this year. There are still many ECs to be launched and GLS for tender. The market simply cannot digest so many at one go. I believe by end of this year you will see good discounts or freebies.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47
    I think Austville will not be a sold out. Probably 50% at best by end of this month.

Canopy should still left with 50% unsold?
    Agreed, Austville is even offer a Merc as lucky draw. I remembered, it was the early sign of over supply around 2007
    There will be a huge over supply of EC

I think EC will be fine. They have a 5 years MOP so the over supply won't be seen until 8 years from now. By then, many things could have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Agreed, Austville is even offer a Merc as lucky draw. I remembered, it was the early sign of over supply around 2007
    There will be a huge over supply of EC

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    I think EC will be fine. They have a 5 years MOP so the over supply won't be seen until 8 years from now. By then, many things could have happened.
    tat also applies to HDB BTOs......HDB aso hard to drop due to oversupply stories....wait till 7-8yrs later bah....hehe

Those suburb projects with bigger units > 500m from MRT are not moving:

1. HDB upgraders unable to afford bigger units

2. With COE expecting to be 100k soon + taxi fare/ERP on the rise, project away from MRT not attractive as tenants prefer staying close to MRT

3. Lots of DBSS/ECs away from MRT at lower psf competing at the same location

4. Developers set unrealistic pricing

DBSS/EC has income cap, MOP 5 yrs, it's for those who genuinely needed a roof over their head. Over supply for such housing, highly possible for this bracket of buyers.

Not forgetting if they can afford 800k~, they've other options than sticking to the long time frame 3yrs completion + 5yrs MOP. Better change name, QEC = Quantitative Easing Condo

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    tat also applies to HDB BTOs......HDB aso hard to drop due to oversupply stories....wait till 7-8yrs later bah....hehe
    Well, if we hit 7m pop in 5-8 years, wat r the chances of oversupply? Look at the office building being build in raffles place n marina sq. Those building need pple to fill up wor!