Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6111617181920212223242526313641 ... LastLast

Thread: More measures to cool market

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    price down volume down, no worries.
    those durian collectors also no chance.
    If prices go back to q1-09, I think many won't mind buying again (I will try buy 1 more)

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    I am not the ruler. I am the pencil. Just sharing in alphabets. Capital Gain Tax is a bad idea as everyone is hit. Including HDB folks. .......

SSD won't hurt those who dun sell. Dun sell is better as it improves price stability. .....

The weakest link will fall out and the rich eagles can swat in. You bet there will be people buy CCR properties when the price is right... very right.
    just like SSD affect private property.
    CGT can be selectively implemented for private property also.

SSD doesnt hurt who dont sell.
    CGT also doesn't hurt who dont sell.

As long as price is right, people will CCR and OCR properties.

So what is the point you are driving at?

Quote Originally Posted by zeq
    China prices have dropped 35%....FYI.
    HK sales is down to a pathetic 117 sold...
    hey whr u got the info? articles below paints a different story wor...

http://www.chinabidding.com/news.jht...ocId=201471233

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/pg/20101210...b-b71e0e1.html

sales vol really plunge alot in HK...
    http://www.property-report.com/site/...-of-2010-10946
    http://www.property-report.com/site/...attitude-10451

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    These 2 mths bound to have some effect, not sure when the dust settle down. Anyone receive any firesale offer from agents oredi?
    i only kena pestered by agts to firesale mine! @#@#$#$

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Wah so bad? Why don't you tell them "Why you see me no up that I can hold long long? Go fly kite!"

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Wah so bad? Why don't you tell them "Why you see me no up that I can hold long long? Go fly kite!"
    tell them to pester teddy to sell. teddy has so many orchard condos, all of which are losing value.

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    If prices go back to q1-09, I think many won't mind buying again (I will try buy 1 more)
    i think everyone will rush in lol

Quote Originally Posted by august
    i think everyone will rush in lol
    but many are out of ammo already. besides, there is the 60% lTV rule to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    but many are out of ammo already. besides, there is the 60% lTV rule to overcome.
    take equity out from 2-3 condos maybe enough for another 1. it depends on how much the properties have risen.

tell them urs covered by fire insurance no scare fire 真金不怕火, only scare iceman anyhow 'freeze' again.

I kapo can? Gross rental yield: 4% FH , 5% LH based on current rental n price consider good
    hey devilplate,

given current situation, 4% FH, D15, still good meh?

quite scary now leh... dunno if peak of price chart liao or not... although if mortagage interest rate dun move up too much, it should be quite sustainable...

rgds,
    fc

Actually 3k enough to cover my mortgage plus spare change of 1k plus for my wife's shopping every month
    3k is easily achievable

at least 4.6% gross yield for u....

but 3.5k abit over optismistic...
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...regent-heights

just like SSD affect private property.
    CGT can be selectively implemented for private property also.

SSD doesnt hurt who dont sell.
    CGT also doesn't hurt who dont sell.

As long as price is right, people will CCR and OCR properties.

So what is the point you are driving at?
    hold and dun sell. Catch firesales.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Errr...I did not mentioned anywhere in my post that imposing a capital gains tax is better than SSD but what I did point out are two things. One is that the measures do not seem well thought out and calibrated and two, does not make sense when the cited rationale is to stamp out speculative activites.

Sorry, but I am kinda disappointed at your rebuttal myself. You are saying that a capital gains tax is a wrong move and will discourage investors into SG. How do you think they will react to the SSD ?

Fom an investor point of view, which do you think is more palatable and equitable. I think this SSD scares off more investors than a similar capital gains penalty will. If I were a foreign investor, I would be very wary of the fate of my investments in a country where sudden policies can wipe off all your gains in an instant. At least, from a capital gains perpective (assuming its based on the same investment timeline of 4 yrs), I know that only a percentage of my profits would be creamed off but at least I still get some left over.

Appealing over stamp duties is going to be more of an uphill task as there is no clearcut rationale behind imposition of stamp duties. You have to pay it as a procedural part of your transaction. Its an absolute and has no correlation to your financial state(rich, destitute, make or lose money).

If, as you say, they meant to cut off the head and dampen developer sales, then why is it not mentioned as one of the key drivers behind these measures? Why all talk on stamping out speculation etc. Have you thought why all the previous measures didn't achieve the desired result? What is actually driving the property demand and prices ? You should watch the movie 'Green Zone'. Where are all the WMDs ???(aka speculators)

FYI, I just offloaded one apt so am kinda grateful at my timing. I don't attribute this to my accumen or reading of govt policies but just sheer luck. What I question is why you think these moves are well deliberated and measured.
    my respects to you proper-t. Anyway you may be right. I would believe I talk nonsense at times.

Will not comment too much, let this pass. Do excuse my inappropriate remarks.

Looks like you are pretty accurate on the appeal to waiver part -> http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_624618.html

I am not the ruler. I am the pencil. Just sharing in alphabets. Capital Gain Tax is a bad idea as everyone is hit. Including HDB folks. Which leads to everyone having negative feelings. Wrong Move. Reduced investors into Singapore. Even worst. I thought you are smart enough to understand it.

SSD won't hurt those who dun sell. Dun sell is better as it improves price stability. They like JLRX's idea. Anyway these extra cost will be passed on to the buyers eventually. Free bonus if you can hold. So when you encourage "no selling" and "no buying", what do you get? Stable as a rock! Firm as stone! Minor flutuations in prices are tolerated and neutralised. The weakest link will fall out and the rich eagles can swat in. You bet there will be people buy CCR properties when the price is right... very right.

Urgent need to sell? You can you appeal for waiver. They might consider it if it is indeed real hardship. Not easy and chances are low. But there is still a chance of a miracle. You have to take note of the new risks. If you are not ready for this risk, dun take the risk. Buy HDB loh. They can always say. can also consider G studios if you are entitled to it.

No need sub sale or resale stats. It's the new sales that is creating the uplift. The snake head of the cobra body. Chop off the snake head and the body will not be stiff again. Everyone can eat snake thereafter. (agents lor). You just need the baby snakes to grow up. Takes some time for them to be like their parents. Which is our current state.

Have you seen how a king cobra is kissed? left right distractions then top down. I hope you dun get distracted left and right and did not sell when you have to. It's a little late now since it is top down now. LOL. Joking.

will rewrite

Policies are man made.
    The longer and harshness the measures, the pent up demand is going to be very strong eventually when the gate is released.

There are many good asset classes round the world, Sg property market is not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I thought D9 one bedder could fetch at least 5% rental yield and some more near mrt stn. One know some city fringe condos are fetching more than 5.5% yield.
    D9 5% yield. where? share leh? FH or LH? based on current prices?

Those who miss the boat the last round are now given a second chance. If they miss this as well, they'll have no one to blame but themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Policies are man made.
    The longer and harshness the measures, the pent up demand is going to be very strong eventually when the gate is released.

There are many good asset classes round the world, Sg property market is not the only one.
    dont quite understand your meaning.
    1)pent up demand going to be strong when gate is released.
    what gate are you talking about. who is keeping it closed?

2)so if gate released, singaporean property investors that is being held by measures now, are going to invest in other good asset classes around the world?

somehow, your statements dont seem to connect.

Cool

U r right. I am one of those suckers. Smart and rich from making money from properties and looking out for more. Rivergate $1100psf i will buy measures or no measures.

FONT="Arial"][/FONT]
    Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    suckers are born every minute.

suckers are getting smarter thesedays,

these few weeks,the property hot topic will be about cannot flip within 5yrs with SSD.

then which suckers will still go ahead to buy after hearing these.??

regardless prices still creeping up or coming down.. who buy.? u.? buying more.? good

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Those who miss the boat the last round are now given a second chance. If they miss this as well, they'll have no one to blame but themselves.
    there are 2 possibilities
    1) prices drop first before rising again. so people who miss the boat better buy now
    2) prices are going to ignore the measure. There will be a round 5. so better buy now before kena affected by round 5 measures. round 4 measures bad enough.
    so which possibilities are u talking about?

Wink

Your prime properties yielding you 5.5%? Freehold? Based on old historical acquired prices? If there are fh prime properties district 9 giving such good yield pray you to tell me cos i will be game for it measures or no measures.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I thought D9 one bedder could fetch at least 5% rental yield and some more near mrt stn. One know some city fringe condos are fetching more than 5.5% yield.

there are 2 possibilities
    1) prices drop first before rising again. so people who miss the boat better buy now
    2) prices are going to ignore the measure. There will be a round 5. so better buy now before kena affected by round 5 measures. round 4 measures bad enough.
    so which possibilities are u talking about?
    I think the scenario is that there will be some panicky sellers letting go cheaper than recent average. That's the window. How long is the window is hard to say honestly. But the next move up will clear the recent highs for good.

Thumbs down

I cant help but say that you sound like a primary one kid.[/LIST]

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    tell them to pester teddy to sell. teddy has so many orchard condos, all of which are losing value.

The people who "missed the boat" missed it for a reason. When prices are going up, they think that the prices are too high and will correct. When prices are going down, they think it will go down some more. Only to complain that they have "missed the boat" when prices eventually move up.

What is so different about the situation now? they will expect the prices to plunge before buying.... and if it does plunge, they expect to drop more. so never buy anything.

In the end, they are going to "miss the boat" again

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    The people who "missed the boat" missed it for a reason. When prices are going up, they think that the prices are too high and will correct. When prices are going down, they think it will go down some more. Only to complain that they have "missed the boat" when prices eventually move up.

What is so different about the situation now? they will expect the prices to plunge before buying.... and if it does plunge, they expect to drop more. so never buy anything.

Very true especially those who monitor the market closely n got good memories.... Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by sh

In the last round, there was economic and correspondingly job uncertainty, one might hesitate to pull the trigger. Now there's more job certainty and the govt has basically frozen the market. The difference is like shooting a moving target and shooting a frozen target, so they had better make use of this opportunity.

my respects to you proper-t. Anyway you may be right. I would believe I talk nonsense at times.

Will not comment too much, let this pass. Do excuse my inappropriate remarks.

My respect to you CashRich. Your 2 artucles are the most I can agree through out the whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer32007
    U r right. I am one of those suckers. Smart and rich from making money from properties and looking out for more. Rivergate $1100psf i will buy measures or no measures.

FONT="Arial"][/font]
    yes investors buy when it truely undervalued even wf measures.
    in this case,rivergate at $1100psf, is a steal compared to current $1800-$2000psf. Its almost half cheaper.

islandwide investor and buyer will come in, if is that cheap..

BUT if is not undervalued,and wf measures do u plunge the risk.?
    of cos not.