Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6111621262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast

Thread: More measures to cool market

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

They are the water ghosts, some even sold their own residential property and renting while waiting to buy because they see many forumers here saying they are SURE property prices will definitely crash soon after govt cooling measures (by the way this is already the 4th now still didn't crash). Many also start to appear in this forum to harass others and chatting "property price sure crash", "property price sure crash" (repeat 100x)!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    many singka/investors still full of cash.....some agts shared with me tat they received many calls asking for firesales....agts told me...whr got so much firesales...hahahaha

i believe a big chunk of the bargain hunters belong to those who have sold 1 or more ppty recently...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    many singka/investors still full of cash.....some agts shared with me tat they received many calls asking for firesales....agts told me...whr got so much firesales...hahahaha

i believe a big chunk of the bargain hunters belong to those who have sold 1 or more ppty recently...
    if they sold recently they shld not be buying now leh...

Quote Originally Posted by august
    if they sold recently they shld not be buying now leh...
    They hope to buy bck at lower price wat.... Hehe

I am figuring out how and when the Govt going to withdraw all these measures?
    by then there could be a strong pent up demand.....

interesting....still analysing

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I am figuring out how and when the Govt going to withdraw all these measures?
    by then there could be a strong pent up demand.....

interesting....still analysing
    the ssd will not be reduced probably will stay for a long time. but maybe the cash portion will be reduced if the sales is really bad.

Hey, tell me what is the shortest property cycle in Singapore history? Property prices will not go down if there are no crisis.... Look at past records, it almost always Goes down when there is a crisis and not coz of measures. It wasn't 1996 measures that kill the market, it was the Asian financial crisis that kill it. So if anyone of you are looking to buy you should start monitoring now...

US is on the verge of recovery and traditionally a recession does not last ,ore than two years, so EU should be out of recession by the end of this year. The reasons why the measures are so harsh is coz we are on the cusp of a worldwide economic uptrend, hence the govt is pre-empting the further run up in prices. so if you wait until people start to buy again the prices would have run up again... My gut feel is that prices will not go down u less there is a crisis. If evEryone getting good bonuses and "employment opportunities at 11 years high" as reported by Hudson, where are you going to get fire sale? I am sure all of you here have condo, so why aremt you selling your condo now and rent and then wait for the market to drop and buy back the same development and make money? So if all of you Davy owners and investors are not selling who will sell when others not so savvy owners traditionally have more emotional attachment to their properties....

Now with regards to the old argument of CCR versus OCR, both have their respective demand, just like there are some people who swear by ntuc fair price and other who go to cold storage and others who go to Jason's or Tanglin marketplace...

The problem now with OCR is that the gap with CCR is too close, if the price is too close people will buy CCR.... Globally price gap between city centre and suburban is at least 4-5 times, so since ocr isomer 1k psf, CCR should be about at least 5k psf.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    They are the water ghosts, some even sold their own residential property and renting while waiting to buy because they see many forumers here saying they are SURE property prices will definitely crash soon after govt cooling measures (by the way this is already the 4th now still didn't crash). Many also start to appear in this forum to harass others and chatting "property price sure crash", "property price sure crash" (repeat 100x)!
    i monitor so long also never crash leh until the credit crunch. now china is coming up.....how to crash..

I remembered one of my colleague cash out her HDB during the credit crunch period thinking that the price will drop further. However, price went up short after. She waited and waited, get feedup of renting and finally bought a 20 or 30 years old ++ LH, high floor above bukit timah plaza just to be near to the school. should be around 8xxK.. bad choice ... so noisy.

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Hey, tell me what is the shortest property cycle in Singapore history? Property prices will not go down if there are no crisis.... Look at past records, it almost always Goes down when there is a crisis and not coz of measures. It wasn't 1996 measures that kill the market, it was the Asian financial crisis that kill it. So if anyone of you are looking to buy you should start monitoring now...

US is on the verge of recovery and traditionally a recession does not last ,ore than two years, so EU should be out of recession by the end of this year. The reasons why the measures are so harsh is coz we are on the cusp of a worldwide economic uptrend, hence the govt is pre-empting the further run up in prices. so if you wait until people start to buy again the prices would have run up again... My gut feel is that prices will not go down u less there is a crisis. If evEryone getting good bonuses and "employment opportunities at 11 years high" as reported by Hudson, where are you going to get fire sale? I am sure all of you here have condo, so why aremt you selling your condo now and rent and then wait for the market to drop and buy back the same development and make money? So if all of you Davy owners and investors are not selling who will sell when others not so savvy owners traditionally have more emotional attachment to their properties....

Now with regards to the old argument of CCR versus OCR, both have their respective demand, just like there are some people who swear by ntuc fair price and other who go to cold storage and others who go to Jason's or Tanglin marketplace...

The problem now with OCR is that the gap with CCR is too close, if the price is too close people will buy CCR.... Globally price gap between city centre and suburban is at least 4-5 times, so since ocr isomer 1k psf, CCR should be about at least 5k psf.
    i was told by my UK colleague in UK the property price in the rural area is higher than London as the house are bigger and you got more personal space.

France is 5X the size of london and property price in France is only about 150k SGD on average.

Anyone know a lot of pple cashing out? I only hear a lot of peers looking to get it. I also agree CCR should see some growth in Psf in 2011.

That's my point, if there are no crisis and even a very short property bull run will be at least 3-4 years so we are now in the middle of the cycle since property prices started increasing in 2009 march.....

As for prices differential between city cntre and suburban, you have to compare like for like on a psf basis...

Lastly, there are tier 1 cities in the whole that are in a league of their own, eg: new York, London, Tokyo, hong kong, Sydney, Singapore..... These cities command a high price because of their " global city " reputation and the types of carreer opportunities and entertainment options that they provide...

My view is that there will not be any dip in prices coz no one will sell low, so please take this opportunity to pick your choice unit coz there are less buyers out in the market... 'be greedy when others are fearful and be fearful when others are greedy' - Warren Buffet.....

You probably misunderstood - Property price is higher (means the absolute price is higher) but the actual $psf is much lower. Even then, don't think this is true at all since London zone 1 to zone 4 price ratio can be 5-10x! Just an excuse to say they buy rural because their house is bigger and more personal space to save face (rather than say they have not enough money to buy in London city)? Anyway, it is more like they have got not enough money so no choice have to buy rural!

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    i was told by my UK colleague in UK the property price in the rural area is higher than London as the house are bigger and you got more personal space.

France is 5X the size of london and property price in France is only about 150k SGD on average.

Therenisndefinitely a reason why CCR can command such a premium in all the major cities as compared to the suburban areas..... I read a fes threads that indicated that OCR have all the things that CCR have.... I agree.... Butcher have the more variety and quality.. Is sembawang park same as botanic garden or the upcoming garden at marina south? Is nex mall the same as vivacity? And for every one suburban mall there Are at least 5 malls at CCR of the same types.... Not to mention the proximity to the workplace at raffles place, shenton way etc....

Amount of activity afternoon CNY will give a good sense of the demand situation post the measures.

the more measures there are, the more bullish the market gets...

Those who are wishing the market to collapse need to wait for a very very very long time.

Therenisndefinitely a reason why CCR can command such a premium in all the major cities as compared to the suburban areas..... I read a fes threads that indicated that OCR have all the things that CCR have.... I agree.... Butcher have the more variety and quality.. Is sembawang park same as botanic garden or the upcoming garden at marina south? Is nex mall the same as vivacity? And for every one suburban mall there Are at least 5 malls at CCR of the same types.... Not to mention the proximity to the workplace at raffles place, shenton way etc....
    Teddy,s new friend and perhaps new nick....

Please don't waste our time. We have heard all the theories on why CCR properties should enjoy a hefty price premium over OCR properties. Each of the theories has been discredited and thrown in the garbage head. Teddy is probably the stronger champion of CCR properties. And he has also lost all his credibility.

so, please go ahead buying all the CCR properties you want. We cannot stop you. but, please give us a break and not talk about how good CCR properties are, relative to OCR properties. it is a waste of your and our time. Please stop.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Teddy,s new friend and perhaps new nick....
    How come so many new nick just register and try talking up the market?
    it will just show us who the desperate ones in a uncertain market, buyers or owners? pathetic
    Last edited by jwong71; 22-01-11 at 08:34.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Please don't waste our time. We have heard all the theories on why CCR properties should enjoy a hefty price premium over OCR properties. Each of the theories has been discredited and thrown in the garbage head. Teddy is probably the stronger champion of CCR properties. And he has also lost all his credibility.

so, please go ahead buying all the CCR properties you want. We cannot stop you. but, please give us a break and not talk about how good CCR properties are, relative to OCR properties. it is a waste of your and our time. Please stop.
    Stalingrad, agreed that this thread is not the place to talk about CCR and OCR. However these are their opinions and not facts.
    Having said, where are the D10 condos that you are talking about, you liar.
    I will pay to verify the D10 condos that you will mention so don't try to lie your way out of it.

Who are the one who really lost credibility? Most of the people know who that person are, except you and some of your OCR supporters. I never know people can be so thick skin until like that!
    You have been avoiding many the questions pose by a few forumers here questioning info you provided. Since you cannot answer & have also been caught telling lies & giving false figures purported to be real data, what do we call such person? Can you prove That particular property you said transacted at S$1600 psf but cannot even be found in Realis? Pls provide proof to restore your credibility!

And you said that your Crabella has super high qualities, you still haven't answer my questions about what high qualities there are? I only know Crabella use homogeneous tiles in kitchen & toilets. You those homo worth >$15 psf & can be polished like new when worn off?

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    How come so many new nick just register and try talking up the market?
    it will just show us who the desperate ones in a uncertain market, buyers or owners? pathetic
    U know I know lah

Mass market ntuc and safra
    Luxury market cold storage and country club
    40% of 2 million is 800k, might as well use that to fully pay for mass market right? Might have some spare change for 100k Coe also.

CCR looking for next Robert. Can chop robert properties or continue chopping roberts .. Haha

Who are the one who really lost credibility? Most of the people know who that person are, except you and some of your OCR supporters. I never know people can be so thick skin until like that!
    You have been avoiding many the questions pose by a few forumers here questioning info you provided. Since you cannot answer & have also been caught telling lies & giving false figures purported to be real data, what do we call such person? Can you prove That particular property you said transacted at S$1600 psf but cannot even be found in Realis? Pls provide proof to restore your credibility!

And you said that your Crabella has super high qualities, you still haven't answer my questions about what high qualities there are? I only know Crabella use homogeneous tiles in kitchen & toilets. You those homo worth >$15 psf & can be polished like new when worn off?
    Look at urself first before asking others abt their credibility. especially when u are talking up abt property leverage returns are higher than stocks. Nothing else until I gave u forex the max leverage. and ur debate on consistency. wow u sure speak with wisdom but alot of twisting. In short wad u say is right,others are rubbish? Don't be a well frog or a mountain bear

One person likes this comment.

I am talking about my own personal opinion, & now I believe is still up (I have been saying this since march 2009) & fact is I have been right since then (you can check my postings to verify). On the other hand, there are many who tell people not to buy property since March 2009 & even to sell! Well, now we know who is right & who is wrong. There is a J-Dog who betted his dick that Cosmopolitan will fall below $1000 psf because he is 100% confident. He has since disappeared without honouring his dick chopping ceremony.
    You also want to bet since you are so confident that property price will sure fall? Why not you show more credibility in your prediction like I had done before & may be more people will believe your words.

By the way, you said forex can earn big money with max leverage (ie little cash upfront). Why not you tell us your nett forex success over 30 years period instead of just 1 instance? Ops, I forgot that have not even experience the real world for that long. Why not over a 10 years period? ( I have experience in all sort of trading & seen too many cases and I know even if you don't tell me but why not you enlighten the other forumers here?

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    Look at urself first before asking others abt their credibility. especially when u are talking up abt property leverage returns are higher than stocks. Nothing else until I gave u forex the max leverage. and ur debate on consistency. wow u sure speak with wisdom but alot of twisting. In short wad u say is right,others are rubbish? Don't be a well frog or a mountain bear

I am talking about my own personal opinion, & now I believe is still up (I have been saying this since march 2009) & fact is I have been right since then (you can check my postings to verify). On the other hand, there are many who tell people not to buy property since March 2009 & even to sell! Well, now we know who is right & who is wrong. There is a J-Dog who betted his dick that Cosmopolitan will fall below $1000 psf because he is 100% confident. He has since disappeared without honouring his dick chopping ceremony.
    You also want to bet since you are so confident that property price will sure fall? Why not you show more credibility in your prediction like I had done before & may be more people will believe your words.

By the way, you said forex can earn big money with max leverage (ie little cash upfront). Why not you tell us your nett forex success over 30 years period instead of just 1 instance? Ops, I forgot that have not even experience the real world for that long. Why not over a 10 years period? ( I have experience in all sort of trading & seen too many cases and I know even if you don't tell me but why not you enlighten the other forumers here?
    if you are so good at predictions, would you able to see the 4th measures coming in and dont have to be so desperate? and making too much assumption to talk up the market..

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=345

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=347

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...&postcount=348

WE,and devilplate feel that you are desperate when 4th measures came in. needless to say too much.. if you are good, dont have to make assumption to talk up market. get it.?

opps im not desperate enuff, to share too much 30yrs experience or wadever so or post those links to show forumers that im desperate.

Okay, I am lying. whatever you say. I am not lying. casabella was recently sold for $12** psf. and my friend bought a unit at $1600psf a few years ago, at least that is what he told me.

vs. casabella at 12**psf, LF was sold at more than 1000psf. so what is wrong with CCR properties? very simple, they don't confer class nor real benefits.

ops! so this is your type of neighbors in your mass market OCR properties? No wonder the rich & successful willingly pay so much more money to buy upmarket prime properties in CCR! (& they are not what you all OCR supporters labelled as stupid, no fundamental economic sense etc, otherwise you will be much richer than them ha ha!)

-------------------------------------
    Singapore Idol Hady Mirza BANNED from condo facilities

Were they drunk?

Aftermath of the party

* The damage was extensive
    * used paper plates and uneaten food were thrown into the pool.
    * The toilets were also choked and damaged.
    * it took the cleaners 6 hours to clean up
    * The family's visitors have, on occasion, parked their cars illegally, despite repeated reminders not to do so.
    * their $500 tenant deposit had been forfeited because of the incident.

It was a poolside party that had fellow residents seeing red.

MediaCorp has learnt that the management council of Mimosa Park condominium in Yio Chu Kang has banned 2006 Singapore Idol Hady Mirza and his family, who live in the development, from using its recreational facilities after a private party on Oct 2.

It is understood that the council was not pleased by what it saw in the wake of that party at the condominium's poolside clubhouse.

For one thing, used paper plates and uneaten food were thrown into the pool. The toilets were also choked and damaged.

Cleaners had to be called in to clean up the mess to appease residents who wanted to use the facilities. The damage was extensive and it took the cleaners six hours to complete the task.

This is not the first time Hady and his family of five - who have been living in a four-bedroom rented apartment in the condo for the last three years - have broken the rules, said chairman of the condominium's management council Leonard Lee.

The family's visitors have, on occasion, parked their cars illegally, despite repeated reminders not to do so.

As a result, the wheels of their cars have been clamped on a number of occasions, said Mr Lee.

But the mess in the pool proved to be the last straw.

Last week, the chairman sent a letter to the family informing them that their $500 tenant deposit had been forfeited because of the incident.

The family's access passes have also been cancelled, which means they cannot use the shared facilities - the pool, gym and squash court. The ban is for a period of six months.

In the strongly-worded letter, Mr Lee said the episode "has caused severe inconvenience to our residents and other users" and, as a result, "additional expenses" had to be incurred to restore the premises.

He added: "We are holding you responsible for all costs ... we shall be forfeiting your tenant deposit which will be used towards the partial cost of the cleaning operations".

Mr Lee did not say how much "all costs" amounted to but added the council reserved the right to recover any other costs "that may have incurred as a result of your irresponsible behaviour".

When contacted, 30-year-old Hady declined to comment on the matter, saying "it's personal". However, MediaCorp understands that his mother, Madam Mardiana Ahmad, has sent a letter of apology to the management council.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    U know I know lah

Mass market ntuc and safra
    Luxury market cold storage and country club
    40% of 2 million is 800k, might as well use that to fully pay for mass market right? Might have some spare change for 100k Coe also.

CCR looking for next Robert. Can chop robert properties or continue chopping roberts .. Haha

Since you said is your friend, you can get S&P record to prove your credibility right? Otherwise what you said are either your friend lied, you lied, make-up, or/& hear-say which you keep insisting that we must believe as fact. You think we here cannot differentiate between fact & fiction?

Okay, I am lying. whatever you say. I am not lying. casabella was recently sold for $12** psf. and my friend bought a unit at $1600psf a few years ago, at least that is what he told me.

vs. casabella at 12**psf, LF was sold at more than 1000psf. so what is wrong with CCR properties? very simple, they don't confer class nor real benefits.

do you even remember what you wrote?
    you wrote that you know of many condos that fits your description etc.
    Yet you can give only Casabella.

You made the statements that there are MANY condos that are transacted more than 1600psf and that owners of barely 4year old condos are now selling at 1300-1400. Care to share those MANY condos? no need to mention Casabella again. After you want CCR owners to waste their money buying CCR properties right? This is an opportunity for you to give out the names of those condos.
    People here can give their opinions, smart ones will filter out.
    So differentiate between facts and opinions and hearsay.

ops! so this is your type of neighbors in your mass market OCR properties? No wonder the rich & successful willingly pay so much more money to buy upmarket prime properties in CCR! (& they are not what you all OCR supporters labelled as stupid, no fundamental economic sense etc, otherwise you will be much richer than them ha ha!)
    I disagreed with you on this one. The rich & successful do buy properties in OCR, foreign investors like rich Indonesians included. Staying there is a different matter.

Omega vs Rolex;
    Marantz vs Roksan;
    Nikon vs Canon;
    and here...
    CCR vs OCR;

All the forums have this kind of fights where the hardcore fans are defending/advocating their possession.

Only sammyboy don't have xxTN vs yyTN. Probably because none of them own the TNs.