Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: More measures to cool market

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    looks like 50% LTV for non individuals will put Enbloc to a STOP....

60% LTV....kind of expected...

the SSD machiam like capital gain tax!.....if market downturn how....those who sold at a loss still kena 4-16% SSD!!! wow....i tink SSD more jialat den cap gain tax leh....

now really small is beauitful liao......sianz.....more MMs to come
    Who called me...?
    Small is Beautiful....MM.....

Just wondering, if buyer exercise option already, still can back out one?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    U cannot do that technically unless seller agree.

This proves that always buy a property that is liveable so it is still sellable even during worst time of
    market like this cooling measure. Price may fall or stablise or rise. It all depends on holding power of the developers and owners. For sure, demand will drop as investors stay out for a while but genuine buyers who buy to stay will still plough around for the best deal, hoping someone who has no holding power will do a firesale. Unfortunately, most owners are already prepared to hold and will not succumb to take losses unless economic crisis or hike in interest rates. For supply, it will also tighten as developers will cease or hold their new launches until the tide is over. So with both supply and demand lowered, price will stabilise.

dun tell me u bot a studio at cascadia?

exercise liao means legally binding rite?

My thoughts..

We should be seeing more EC launches, this does not affect the HDB and EC. So property pricing base is firm.

This year is expecting to have more enbloc transaction, so the rules actually benefit cash rich major developers in the long run.

The new rules also benefit rich and wealthy for their holding power, and low borrowing. CCR should benefit. Rich individual should benefit.

If Europe and US are still in recovery, inflation should continue to impact property prices here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle

The Government on Thursday announced more measures to cool the property market.

The holding period for imposition of Seller's Stamp Duty (SSD) will be increased from the current three years to four years.
    The SSD rates will be raised to 16 per cent, 12 per cent, 8 per cent and 4 per cent of consideration for residential properties which are bought on or after January 14, 2011, and are sold in the first, second, third and fourth year of purchase respectively;
    The government will also lower the Loan-To-Value (LTV) limit to 50 per cent on housing loans granted by financial institutions regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) for property purchasers who are not individuals.
    And for property purchasers who are individuals with one or more outstanding housing loans at the time of the new home, the LTV limit on housing loans granted by financial institutions regulated by MAS will be lowered from 70 per cent to 60 per cent.
    The measures will take effect on January 14, 2011.

i said that spore is way behind the other countries like china, korea , hk, taiwan in terms of controlling prices

i kana shot down ....

people said Spore is Unique ...dont hae to follow others ...

na na na na na

prices will drop or not i cant tell... but we cant deny many outskirt areas are selling way too expensive

if this latest measures kills many .. we have FEO to thank ... push lah .. sell high high lah ...

or OXLEY’S LOFT@HOLLAND?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter

Haa haa, not yet, just worry about my sale in Dec. Now I think cascadia will have even more discounts haa haa, so much units to clear.

if loft @ holland prob can choose whether to exercise or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    or OXLEY’S LOFT@HOLLAND?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i don't think you have the balls to shortsell 1000 lots of capitaland tmr.
    So many
    property stocks, why u name one that is not really
    into residential developments? Shortsell is almost a sure win tmr. Wat r the chances of property stock
    prices heading up after this announcement? We'll see

or OXLEY’S LOFT@HOLLAND?
    "37 one-bedroom units, ranging from 323 - 484 sq ft"

goodness ...

should be alright. sue the bugger if he chickens out, exercised liao leh. hahaha.

Haa haa, not yet, just worry about my sale in Dec. Now I think cascadia will have even more discounts haa haa, so much units to clear.

best part is all sold out in 2 hours today. oops. its yesterday liao. new rules just came into effect.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    "37 one-bedroom units, ranging from 323 - 484 sq ft"

goodness ...

"[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']There is an ample supply of private residential units and buyers need not rush to buy now....[/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The Government will also make available more supply in future GLS programmes. Buyers should bear in mind this supply in the pipeline when deciding whether to buy now."[/FONT]
    The two lines above are cut and pasted from the circular today? Does government notice usually makes such direct and explicit comment? Signalling determination or something they know and we obviously don't know? Or does it sound like government also not 100% sure whether measures will work or not?

HK measures was quite jialat but still market is partying, maybe government saw that too. each blow heavier than previous, government also bo bian since market/developers bui zi dong...

also questioning assuming of excessive liquidity, is it still really there when all governments in asia are raising rates and tightening and withdrawing stimulus?

this statement is very common. i think i have seen it quite frequently since 2007. nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by art10626
    "[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']There is an ample supply of private residential units and buyers need not rush to buy now....[/font]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The Government will also make available more supply in future GLS programmes. Buyers should bear in mind this supply in the pipeline when deciding whether to buy now."[/font]
    The two lines above are cut and pasted from the circular today? Does government notice usually makes such direct and explicit comment? Signalling determination or something they know and we obviously don't know? Or does it sound like government also not 100% sure whether measures will work or not?

HK measures was quite jialat but still market is partying, maybe government saw that too. each blow heavier than previous, government also bo bian since market/developers bui zi dong...

also questioning assuming of excessive liquidity, is it still really there when all governments in asia are raising rates and tightening and withdrawing stimulus?

4 year SSD @ 16% 1st year or 12% 2nd year kill investor. If no investor to fry property, price appreciation becomes stagnant, we cannot huat x 3 liao. Its a spiral effect.

anyone share this thoughts?

If can sell better sell, otherwise, another cooling measure coming?

my fren also kanna 27 dec otp... not sure the buyer will back out. If yes messy liao.

4 year SSD @ 16% 1st year or 12% 2nd year kill investor. If no investor to fry property, price appreciation becomes stagnant, we cannot huat x 3 liao. Its a spiral effect.

anyone share this thoughts?

If can sell better sell, otherwise, another cooling measure coming?
    if u are greedy,just hold and wait.. i make money and move on,wait for beta opportunity than to get stuck in situation like this.
    like a sitting duck,waiting for the govt to shoot.

The writing was on the wall as early as June 2010!

so sky@11 30+ flr at 1200psf got chance?

some say [email protected] 1200psf lai lai

best part is all sold out in 2 hours today. oops. its yesterday liao. new rules just came into effect.
    200sqft mm, within 1 hr I am not staying.......mm power but I am not a fan. product still new in market, need to be tested...1st batch buyer no worries, can run away easily.

so sky@11 30+ flr at 1200psf got chance?

some say [email protected] 1200psf lai lai
    got chance, just standby your 1mio cash.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    got chance, just standby your 1mio cash.
    i tink 1mil not enuff wor..

jus nid rough calculation....nid about 1.3mio....hehe

this time round the speculators really die pain! pain!

Hope that there will be more firesale or whatever you call it. Investors with no holding power and have purchased it after August 2010 are in for a lot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    This proves that always buy a property that is liveable so it is still sellable even during worst time of
    market like this cooling measure. Price may fall or stablise or rise. It all depends on holding power of the developers and owners. For sure, demand will drop as investors stay out for a while but genuine buyers who buy to stay will still plough around for the best deal, hoping someone who has no holding power will do a firesale. Unfortunately, most owners are already prepared to hold and will not succumb to take losses unless economic crisis or hike in interest rates. For supply, it will also tighten as developers will cease or hold their new launches until the tide is over. So with both supply and demand lowered, price will stabilise.

i tink 1mil not enuff wor..unless 80% ltv...hehe
    i was basing on the smallest unit, just over 2200sqft.

of course you can go for the bigger one and prepare 1.5mio cash depo.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    if u are greedy,just hold and wait.. i make money and move on,wait for beta opportunity than to get stuck in situation like this.
    like a sitting duck,waiting for the govt to shoot.
    next 2 month sure got firesale liao......

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    i was basing on the smallest unit, just over 2200sqft.

of course you can go for the bigger one and prepare 1.5mio cash depo.
    ya...see anything gd comes by...i bio ocr landed as well....

but on serious note...i doubt any power firesales...perhaps some old 99LH condos may hf firesale....lease r running...tick tock tick tock...

i tink 1mil not enuff wor..

jus nid rough calculation....nid about 1.3mio....hehe

correct ....

unless price drop 20-30 pct otherwise the 40 pct cash portion can kill you ...

so if u have a OTP now ..will you exercise it and take 70 pct loan ?

or forego 1 pct deposit, dont exercise ... and wait for price to drop ?
    if only drop 20 pct ... is it enuff ?

2 mio prop now 30 pct = 600k cash

if price drops 20 pct = 1.6 mio ... 40 pct cash = 640k
    u end up paying more ..

so unless price falls 30 pct then worth it