Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Firesales after property cooling measures

Default Firesales after property cooling measures

For those genuine buyers (non-investors), first time home buyers and supporters of government the cooling measures, I take this opportunity to start this thread so that you can have a chance to share how the cooling measures have benefited you in buying your ideal condo at a bargain. If you have bought a firesale property, please feel free to share with us

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    For those genuine buyers (non-investors), first time home buyers and supporters of government the cooling measures, I take this opportunity to start this thread so that you can have a chance to share how the cooling measures have benefited you in buying your ideal condo at a bargain. If you have bought a firesale property, please feel free to share with us
    They will not come in and brag! You might want to do some research and update us instead.

Your Regent Heigts for one Too bad it happened before this cooling measures, so it is not considered a steal after cooling measures.
    If you haven't bought Regent Heights then, would you still have bought it after the cooling measures?
    The more I study it, it is what I should be doing in future. High yielding FH if there is such a thing

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Your Regent Heigts for one Too bad it happened before this cooling measures, so it is not considered a steal after cooling measures.
    If you haven't bought Regent Heights then, would you still have bought it after the cooling measures?
    The more I study it, it is what I should be doing in future. High yielding FH if there is such a thing

He had some savings at the price. those who bought regent heights after cooling measures might have to wait for another 2 years (1st 2 year ssd damn steep) or top up 16%.

So his selling price within these 2 years is attractive enough to lure home staying buyer. This is a premium unit.

I think the investment still sound. He is not effected by the 14 Jan cooling measure.

Purchase after 14 Jan, straight away snapped with 16%. Not so fun.

If you have SGD 2 million spare cash, which project would you buy in the near term? lets say 3-6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs
    If you have SGD 2 million spare cash, which project would you buy in the near term? lets say 3-6 months?
    I want sky@TPY @ 1200 psf 30+ flr

2 mil cash quite alot... Inflation at 3%, eat away 60k annually... Stressful hehe

2 mio for 40% downpayment...that means the price of the house is around 5million...

A lot of choices...maybe PH at Southbank? :d

MBR and TS Bayview units.

I am glad to see people advertising 3 bedr RH for almost 100k higher than the prove I bought, so I can't complain much. In fact I would still have bought my unit even with the measures as I can still get 80% loan and moreover, I am buying to collect rental income so not much of an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful

I am glad to see people advertising 3 bedr RH for almost 100k higher than the prove I bought, so I can't complain much. In fact I would still have bought my unit even with the measures as I can still get 80% loan and moreover, I am buying to collect rental income so not much of an issue.
    but perhaps, u will try to bargain abit more b4 u commit after the measures....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Do you mean Sky@11?

Hi Devil,

If you manage to sniff out a good deal, please give me a heads up so we can be neighbor

In the meantime i am going to put all my money in US stock market

Hi Devil,

If you manage to sniff out a good deal, please give me a heads up so we can be neighbor

In the meantime i am going to put all my money in US stock market
    i am so so jealous!!! envy wor....

US stock market better? hmm...due to better unemployment figure or hot monies? i tink china and SG stock market better bet wor

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Do you mean Sky@11?
    i say sky@tpy just to please teddybear mah...hehe

US stock market better? hmm...due to better unemployment figure or hot monies? i tink china and SG stock market better bet wor
    I like US market because it is volatile which for me is very easy to make(or lost) money.

If you know what you are buying, example AMZN, RVBD, FFIV, APPL those are solids counters

Ok but why rh in the first place? The one at bukit batok right? 99 yr lh right?[/LIST]

with 60% LTV u can get a pty up to 5m

Landed freehold detached or semi-d.

I wouldn't touch landed now. Bad yields and a lot of speculation. Got $2 million cash, why die die must buy SG property? Maybe can buy property from our neighbouring country and some stocks and commodities and wait for correction in SG property bah. Correction may not be much though. Mass market will always be supported by HDB (which still has strong demand) and a lot of condo sellers I know are pulling their units out. HDB upgraders usually got "power" one - many of their HDB flats are bought cheap and fully paid and when they sell their HDB flat for say $600k, it's like collecting $600k cash for upgrading to condo.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Landed freehold detached or semi-d.
    Last edited by Wild Falcon; 15-01-11 at 13:51.

Rh for the following reasons: mil dollar views, undervalued, gd ental returns, walking distance to mrt, large land area, one of only two condos in bukit batok near west mall
    Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer32007
    Ok but why rh in the first place? The one at bukit batok right? 99 yr lh right?[/LIST]

US market supposedly could outperform china and sg this year. just got to be careful of forex risks only. that is also a reason for concern that interest rates could go up sooner than pple expect becoz the US recovery looks real enough.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    with 60% LTV u can get a pty up to 5m
    I am worried unable to service the loan if interest goes up and no tenant ... that would be a nightmare

Just got a few calls from agents saying there are viewings tomorrow for my units. There may be real buyers now but not keen to entertain them as they will likely give rock bottom prices now. Anyway, not desperate to sell with good rental yields.

I am worried unable to service the loan if interest goes up and no tenant ... that would be a nightmare
    even wf tenant the rental yield sucks. just a little spiked rate,that it.

Is the going currently at $600 psf¿ wat is the gross rental yield based on current price?
    Rh for the following reasons: mil dollar views, undervalued, gd ental returns, walking distance to mrt, large land area, one of only two condos in bukit batok near west mall

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    I wouldn't touch landed now. Bad yields and a lot of speculation. Got $2 million cash, why die die must buy SG property? Maybe can buy property from our neighbouring country and some stocks and commodities and wait for correction in SG property bah. Correction may not be much though. Mass market will always be supported by HDB (which still has strong demand) and a lot of condo sellers I know are pulling their units out. HDB upgraders usually got "power" one - many of their HDB flats are bought cheap and fully paid and when they sell their HDB flat for say $600k, it's like collecting $600k cash for upgrading to condo.
    Common misconception. I rented out my landed a few mths back. Gross yield for my landed is 3.5%, If you look at nett yield for landed, it may even be higher than condos because, you don't have to pay any maintenance or service charges and ppty tax tends to be lower for landed homes. Furthermore, landed tends to be less volatile in market swings. The only reason why it has shot up so much recently is because more enlightened folks are now realizing the intrinsic value of owning a landed.

If yield is based on my buying price, it is 4.6% to 4.9%. The prices have moved up so if you were to but a similar unit now, the yield would not be so high. The calling psf now should be 7xx psf
    Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer32007
    Is the going currently at $600 psf¿ wat is the gross rental yield based on current price?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Just got a few calls from agents saying there are viewings tomorrow for my units. There may be real buyers now but not keen to entertain them as they will likely give rock bottom prices now. Anyway, not desperate to sell with good rental yields.
    i got irritated by agts these 2 days....telling me measures drastic blah blah...so noisy! hehe....i tink more despo agts den sellers now

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Common misconception. I rented out my landed a few mths back. Gross yield for my landed is 3.5%, If you look at nett yield for landed, it may even be higher than condos because, you don't have to pay any maintenance or service charges and ppty tax tends to be lower for landed homes. Furthermore, landed tends to be less volatile in market swings. The only reason why it has shot up so much recently is because more enlightened folks are now realizing the intrinsic value of owning a landed.
    does it takes a long time to rent out? my relatives took 4mths to find a suitable tenant(ang mor)...st nicholas there...yield was about 3%

mabe u can reccomend some gd landed areas which is easily rentable?