Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MRT estates that are exclusive

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

But 10 mins is a problem to old / sick / weak / young. The hot & humid weather is another problem. My criteria is less than 500m, but preferably less, but difficult to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    To me 3, 5, 7, 10 min, really not a big dif. I think we spend a lot more time chatting here than walking to mrt stations. I have not taken mrt in ages

800 metres take around 8 minutes so relatively ok

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    800 metres take around 8 minutes so relatively ok
    Brisk walk? Can sweat leh.... Wifey or gf make up ruin how? Hehe

When I was living in england, the old people there walk two km to the market everyday like nothing. In singapore we have sun and humidity, but england has harsh winter and gales to contend with, so even more jialat
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    But 10 mins is a problem to old / sick / weak / young. The hot & humid weather is another problem. My criteria is less than 500m, but preferably less, but difficult to come by.

For property investment, near mrt still important but as long as within 800m radius, acceptable lah
    Goto b stricter bcoz getting more ppty near mrt liao.... 500 m actual walking distance is my criteria especially for OCR... ccr not so impt bcoz i realise my tenants usually take cab even though mrt just 3 min away... Lol

Would you pay 900k for a two bedr 200m away or a3 bedr at 770k 700m away?
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Goto b stricter bcoz getting more ppty near mrt liao.... 500 m actual walking distance is my criteria especially for OCR... ccr not so impt bcoz i realise my tenants usually take cab even though mrt just 3 min away... Lol

U r comparing RH wif jade?

just using their just using their prices to do comparison, but of course jade is newer by a few years

R u referring to jade n regent height? more like <100m n > 900m away fr mrt leh. This obviously makes a lot different! This explains huge differences in price

Price is not the absolute consideration. I will look out at other estate instead.

That means you want MRT station within 200m?
    Your problem? My choice.

To me 3, 5, 7, 10 min, really not a big dif. I think we spend a lot more time chatting here than walking to mrt stations. I have not taken mrt in ages
    It does from experience. especially when I urgent need go toilet.

That's my choice too! N must b fh some more..
    But all dried up!

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Your problem? My choice.

That's my choice too! N must b fh some more..
    But all dried up!
    I have that options too! still MRT 3min.

botannia is the top search in propertyguru for the past few months. It is 1.3km to clementi MRT, any reason why this project is so hot?

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    I have that options too! still MRT 3min.

botannia is the top search in propertyguru for the past few months. It is 1.3km to clementi MRT, any reason why this project is so hot?
    newest among tat area+greenary+away from expressway.....but having said tat, i totally not keen ...

I tot you look at D5.... in totality.. where is botannia? I overspent liao so no $ to buy botannia.

talking about age, property buyers in singapore seem overly fascinated with having things new. At the end of the day, new would still become old so what is the big deal with age. buildings are built to last for generations so i never believed that a 10 or 20 year old building should be considered old in singapore.

newest among tat area+greenary+away from expressway.....but having said tat, i totally not keen ...

Not true lah, CCR MRT just 200m away sure very easy to get tenants (much easier than those further away)! (I know I know because ...).

talking about age, property buyers in singapore seem overly fascinated with having things new. At the end of the day, new would still become old so what is the big deal with age. buildings are built to last for generations so i never believed that a 10 or 20 year old building should be considered old in singapore.
    true ...

in fact old projects are much better in terms of lay out

When I was living in england, the old people there walk two km to the market everyday like nothing. In singapore we have sun and humidity, but england has harsh winter and gales to contend with, so even more jialat
    You at least don't sweat and end up icky in cool winter and harsh windy weather. In SF I can walk for miles on foot across the whole city without breaking a sweat... although need to put on windbreaker and apply lip gloss and moisturise etc...

Given a choice between brand new development with sucky workmanship / interior finishing, I rather get an old one and spend the difference on reno doing it up to exact personal like. More kick also - can exercise right brain.

New condos like newton edge epitomises the concept of wasted space and I don't thinkthat planter boxes and bay windows are even necessary in condo design as they seriously add to nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Given a choice between brand new development with sucky workmanship / interior finishing, I rather get an old one and spend the difference on reno doing it up to exact personal like. More kick also - can exercise right brain.

The new developments all look the same anyway with the all-glass facade which is the most impractical design in the tropics. And these buildings with nothing but glass probably cannot last 20 years because the silicon in between glass will start leaking after 5 years. I think its the desire to chase the latest fad. Even the home renovation all look the same and everyone just follow latest designer trend. There was this time everyone has the same "baroque" wallpaper in the bedroom and the arco lamp in the living room. But I agree the older more eco-friendly design with concrete and glass probably can last forever.

From investment point of view, would new projects have better price appreciation potential?
    For examples, between Vacanza and Kembangan court, which will yield better capital appreciation?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    The new developments all look the same anyway with the all-glass facade which is the most impractical design in the tropics. And these buildings with nothing but glass probably cannot last 20 years because the silicon in between glass will start leaking after 5 years. I think its the desire to chase the latest fad. Even the home renovation all look the same and everyone just follow latest designer trend. There was this time everyone has the same "baroque" wallpaper in the bedroom and the arco lamp in the living room. But I agree the older more eco-friendly design with concrete and glass probably can last forever.
    any comments from civil/strutural engineering expert?

i tink more glass is more eco-frenly except those west facing units of coz...hehe

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    From investment point of view, would new projects have better price appreciation potential?
    For examples, between Vacanza and Kembangan court, which will yield better capital appreciation?
    aiyo u keep toking abt kem court....find a willing seller at 700-750psf first lor

kem court at 1kpsf, vacanza anytime man

these days people buy new projects looking at location more than interior of unit. If location good but sucky interior design, people still buy

Look at the prices of surrounding projects lor, prices should not deviate too much
    Quote Originally Posted by propertychap

another to compare is Guilin view, that is the reason wy Rh is moving up...as guilin view has moved up too high already...where is Guilin view? less than 100m from GB MRT...and is a distant neighbor of RH but within that area...