Thread: More GLS are allowed yet.....

Default More GLS are allowed yet.....

I find it rather puzzle with the garment position on Property market,

On one hand, the garment launch out more GLS siting reasons "no worry, countryman, there are plenty of lands available for you...."

Yet, when developers launched out projects after successfully bidding the GLS thus registering more unit sales month after month...our dear garment say..." hey we have to becareful as the property are getting too hot, don't take my warning, nvm, take this cooling measures then you know how serious I'm"

I find it rather funny is that don't the garment know with each land sales, sales numbers in units sales will definitely went up, right?

Don't tell me garment expect developers to bid and keep the land for koi pond / fly kites purpose it's....

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Quote Originally Posted by westman

On one hand, the garment launch out more GLS siting reasons "no worry, countryman, there are plenty of lands available for you...."

Yet, when developers launched out projects after successfully bidding the GLS thus registering more unit sales month after month...our dear garment say..." hey we have to becareful as the property are getting too hot, don't take my warning, nvm, take this cooling measures then you know how serious I'm"

I find it rather funny is that don't the garment know with each land sales, sales numbers in units sales will definitely went up, right?

Don't tell me garment expect developers to bid and keep the land for koi pond / fly kites purpose it's....

But they legislate developer must build and sell within 5 years lei, so cannot keep.

Dont draw wrong conclusions. It will be worst without the supplies. Blame everything on developers, buy low sell high mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Dont draw wrong conclusions. It will be worst without the supplies. Blame everything on developers, buy low sell high mantra.
    I can accept that. But why punish buyers and not developers?

I can accept that. But why punish buyers and not developers?
    Greed! Buyers decide for themselves. Mouse trap there but u can dun take the bait. Many mouse traps, or more mouse traps to come... Haha, infested by next year of the rat!

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Greed! Buyers decide for themselves. Mouse trap there but u can dun take the bait. Many mouse traps, or more mouse traps to come... Haha, infested by next year of the rat!
    Great, I agreed with you on this too.

Again, why not punish developer's greed but buyer's greed?

Cause they are rich, capitalist system take care of the rich. Some developer have strong investors... Get it? At least the system is stable when things go up and up, just make sure it is not too sudden and too fast. If it's down and down, developers and 100% of poor also not happy as they will also be affected. The happy ones are happy for a while until the next cheaper unit comes along. So that obviously won't work. If it's up... Many many people are happy, a small group is not and u can give them public housing. After that, they will commit suicide by taking mouse bait.

Great, I agreed with you on this too.

Again, why not punish developer's greed but buyer's greed?
    Developers are now being punished.

So all is fair. Key is, not to hold the baby when shit drops.

Isn't this similar strategy as COE and ERP, contradicting but benefit the government. Government always pro business and rich/wealthy people. After election, and PAP is likely to lose some votes, may change their housing strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    But they legislate developer must build and sell within 5 years lei, so cannot keep.
    So how come FEO last year can advertise units at Tanglin View which is 10 yrs old.

Maybe my memory is fuzzy but I am pretty sure I recall seeing an add in ST for it....

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

The rules applies to those land acquired from Govt under the GLS.

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    So how come FEO last year can advertise units at Tanglin View which is 10 yrs old.

Maybe my memory is fuzzy but I am pretty sure I recall seeing an add in ST for it....