Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: 8courtyards

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Wow, wake up a lazy sunday morning and discover this... Is this the latest hot project now ?

How much again ? 800 ? I thought Sengkang 900 was shocking...

Is it next to the yishun sapphire / emerald thing ? How come it's not called yishun diamond ?
    I think the one really huat is sapphire and emerald lor...previously they can only sell at 650psf but now able to increase to 750psf and still ppl will buy it bcos is TOPed and just beside the courtyards...

Quote Originally Posted by kaizhe
    I think the one really huat is sapphire and emerald lor...previously they can only sell at 650psf but now able to increase to 750psf and still ppl will buy it bcos is TOPed and just beside the courtyards...
    ? I beg to differ - I don't think anyone would do that...

I beg to differ too. 8courtyard selling price is currently low. Think emerald and sapphire jia lat Liao. Even if 8courtyard try to sell at 800+ to 900 psf during subsale, think no one or less pple will buy. This also mean the two rubies would be even worst. The buyer who bought the unit at the two rubies transact at 780 psf will cry now after knowing 8courtyard's launch price. Unless that side got mrt, then it's a diff story.
    Last edited by Xan; 17-04-11 at 14:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    I beg to differ too. 8courtyard selling price is currently low. Think emerald and sapphire jia lat Liao. Even if 8courtyard try to sell at 800+ to 900 psf during subsale, think no one or less pple will buy. This also mean the two rubies would be even worst. The buyer who bought the unit at the two rubies transact at 780 psf will cry now after knowing 8courtyard's launch price. Unless that side got mrt, then it's a diff story.
    for me, i rather buy these 2 rubies... agree with wat u said, if mrt comes in then different story le. But the competition of these 3 condos will be strong after courtyard TOP and it wont be easy to rent out also...However I still prefer the estuary

Yes - the selling point of 8courtyard is that it's new, and has a good condo concept. The location is not to die for. Why would I pay same psf for neighbouring 2 much older condos in same location with dated condo facilities?

I beg to differ too. 8courtyard selling price is low. Think emerald and sapphire jia lat Liao. Even 8courtyard try to sell at 800+ psf during subsale, think no one or less pple will buy. Unless that side got mrt.
    Yishun Emerald and Sapphire has always been Jialat.. lousy capital gain plus too near to MRT tracks with no amenties in sight except that coffeeshop across the street serving industrial tenants.

This project is Emerald and Sapphire killer. Maybe should call Yishun Diamond better. 8 courtyard sounds not to good.

Anyway, price will attract price sensitive buyers.

The 2 bedders with attached tiolets seems to be the best stacks. May try to combo the two with developer approval and it will be a neat 4 bedder. Much better than that Dual Key 4 Bedders.

Good luck to the buyers looking for 8...

8courtyards sounds better than Yishun Diamond or Ruby anytime lah...

for me, i rather buy these 2 rubies... agree with wat u said, if mrt comes in then different story le. But the competition of these 3 condos will be strong after courtyard TOP and it wont be easy to rent out also...However I still prefer the estuary
    Agreed. At least some units in the estuary can have reservoir views. and not near the industrial park somemore.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    8courtyards sounds better than Yishun Diamond or Ruby anytime lah...
    ok... hmm... must be that special 8.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Agreed. At least some units in the estuary can have reservoir views. and not near the industrial park somemore.
    Even non-reservoir viewing units also good cos location is comparatively superior to 8courtyards...

Still, I hope 8courtyards will huat! Cos me vested in North anyways

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    ok... hmm... must be that special 8.
    Yishun Diamond sounds like Yee Soon Die Man (one smooth die man)

At least 8courtyards got 8 what...alwyas a winner. Like Cube8 or Draycott 8...

WoW! Not Mrt station but got mrt track noise to some units. The estuary will be much better in terms of pricing and ambience.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    WoW! Not Mrt station but got mrt track noise to some units. The estuary will be much better in terms of pricing and ambience.
    Now most asking above 900psf...some even more than 1K psf...

You mean estuary. Good News!
    Now most asking above 900psf...some even more than 1K psf...

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    You mean estuary. Good News!
    U vested? Congratz!!

the last 2 units of 1 bedder were sold this morning. one is a ground level unit. was quoted #12-18 a 2 beddder at 660k workout to be 733psf after discount.

unit facing the mrt track, come with sound of music...

3 bedder units come with CMI layout, thin hall, triangular shape hall which can be purchased below 1mil.

we all know all the CMI features of this place....but i like the courtyards, it has 8 types of courtyard.

units on ground level facing the beautiful courtyards. Children sure like to play around the area....these are units with good facing in my opinion..

developer also not generous with the interior with homo tiles all over the place....kitchen wall look like hdb tiles (bigger slab)...

Why go for EC when u can buy condo at similar psf without restrictions. Even if cheaper, must be cheap enough. Otherwise, price appreciation limited.
    Like i say, people who choose to buy EC most likely buy it as their first property and intend to stay there.. So the 5 year MOP to them is not a big concern.. And to receive 30k free money from govt is always good.. canopy after grant is 620psf, courtyard is 750-800psf.. if someone is first timer and intend to stay, why would he go for courtyard.. the 100-150 psf is significant enough.. some people exceed 10k income ceiling so suck thumb only.. i still dun believe many people will buy courtyard for investment reason except for those 1 bedder units, the location too cui liao, not much upward potential..

No. Not in my investment portfolio.
    U vested? Congratz!!

i noticed all the launch this year so far is quite CMI in location....

Yishun Diamond sounds like Yee Soon Die Man (one smooth die man)

At least 8courtyards got 8 what...alwyas a winner. Like Cube8 or Draycott 8...
    Good point, but if poor sales and become '8 koh yak' ? How.... ? Egg rotten Liao.

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    Like i say, people who choose to buy EC most likely buy it as their first property and intend to stay there.. So the 5 year MOP to them is not a big concern.. And to receive 30k free money from govt is always good.. canopy after grant is 620psf, courtyard is 750-800psf.. if someone is first timer and intend to stay, why would he go for courtyard.. the 100-150 psf is significant enough.. some people exceed 10k income ceiling so suck thumb only.. i still dun believe many people will buy courtyard for investment reason except for those 1 bedder units, the location too cui liao, not much upward potential..
    But 5 year cannot fry pte ppty leh. Some more EC comes with restrictions. They can buy more than 1 unit there and also the whole family clan can move in. Can EC accommodate that? Both got it's pros and cons and dun write off either one.

Good point, but if poor sales and become '8 koh yak' ? How.... ? Egg rotten Liao.
    Judging from response that is a long way from happening...

Judging from response that is a long way from happening...
    Haha ok ok, egg go song... 8 go strong

Yes - the selling point of 8courtyard is that it's new, and has a good condo concept. The location is not to die for. Why would I pay same psf for neighbouring 2 much older condos in same location with dated condo facilities?
    The launch of 8 courtyard at low price has a few implications:
    1) both the two rubies would be dead. 8 courtyard set a low benchmark. The price of two rubies can never exceed 700psf, given 8courtyard is new and comes with thematic concept and is launching now between 700+ psf.
    2) developer aims to clear as fast and as many units as possible, thus result in good response from public and will be a sold out project.
    3) from investment point of view, it should take more than 4 years for 8courtyard subsale to take place due to 4yrs SSD. Because the profit margin will be very little given that location and will not be able to cover the SSD, not even the 4th yr SSD. If for own stay, then no issue.
    4) it will only make logical sense for 2 rubies to transact 100psf lesser than 8courtyard. If 8courtyard subsale lousy, then the 2 rubies can eat grass already. Which means while waiting for 8 courtyard subsale to take place after 4yrs, the transact price of the two rubies will be kept around 600+psf for four years.
    To summarize, the launch of 8courtyard at that location with that kinda low price has inevitably restricted the price of the two rubies. If I'm the resident of either one ruby, I will be very worried. 8courtyard had sabo the two rubies. Unless the missing mrt is built there, then it's a diff game. Just my
    Last edited by Xan; 17-04-11 at 17:11.

Excellent point, I agree.

Emerald and ruby out of fashion Liao, pawn shop also dun want just like diamonds.

Buyers for 8 kayyak will also be like ruby or emerald, when yishun gets new developments nearer to mrt.

Ever wonder why the shelters in e yards are like bird cages? Fengshui reason?

sorry for posting a unrelated question here, but I believe many frequent forumers do look at this thread since this is one of the most recent launches this month...

Question: I noted recently that streetsine stopped providing the detailed unit transaction info. Does anyone know of any other FOC website that provides such info?

Quote Originally Posted by tboonk
    sorry for posting a unrelated question here, but I believe many frequent forumers do look at this thread since this is one of the most recent launches this month...

Question: I noted recently that streetsine stopped providing the detailed unit transaction info. Does anyone know of any other FOC website that provides such info?
    U go to ura, info there but no unit number. I believe if u r a paying member for street sine, u can still get unit number.

Good sales for 8 courtyard is good news for everyone with vested interest.

U go to ura, info there but no unit number. I believe if u r a paying member for street sine, u can still get unit number.

Good sales for 8 courtyard is good news for everyone with vested interest.
    Haa, prob I'm the more pessimistic kind and worried with good sales along the way, there are more cooling measures.

Yap recently can't assess streetsine. I've posted this a few weeks back. Need some sub fee to view details. Thanks

Today developer increased list prices by 4% (!)
    15% discount still applies but everything is 4% higher - translates to around 31k on average for 3 bedder. A new stack is released (non premium) but already 80% sold I think...

Today developer increased list prices by 4% (!)
    15% discount still applies but everything is 4% higher - translates to around 31k on average for 3 bedder. A new stack is released (non premium) but already 80% sold I think...
    I tink only applies to new released stack