Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162126313641 ... LastLast

Thread: 8courtyards

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    A friend fetched me there to have a look this afternoon. Only a few 2 bedders left on stack 10 and 11. Discount now is 14%. The agent said new stacks will be released this friday at a discount of only 13%.

Location so so the only good thing is the price, very cheap new launch. Would have bought this if I did not buy waterfront isle in Feb.
    Buying isle at 1000psf is not the dumbest thing compared to buying Greenwich at 1300psf, though your investment choice could be better. So don't be too sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Buying isle at 1000psf is not the dumbest thing compared to buying Greenwich at 1300psf, though your investment choice could be better. So don't be too sad.
    Hmmm

Anyway cheapest may not be the best, expansive may not be the best too.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    bedok reservoir HDB around 450psf....lease from 2000....Isle ard 950psf

yishun HDB ard 320-350psf....lease from ard 1988......8court ard 780psf

both seems ok if peg against HDB
    But future potential different, one has upcoming DLT3 within walking distance and the Bedok town renewal / 4th university / CBP nearby, interesting to see what DBSS Bedok Reservoir can sell as it is brand new.

And one thing to take note .. Estuary subsale cannot move after this sabo by 8CY ..
    Last edited by phantom_opera; 19-04-11 at 22:36.
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    But future potential different, one has upcoming DLT3 within walking distance and the Bedok town renewal / 4th university / CBP nearby, interesting to see what DBSS Bedok Reservoir can sell as it is brand new.

And one thing to take note .. Estuary subsale cannot move after this sabo by 8CY ..
    Beg to differ. Bedok reservoir that stretch always serious jam in the morning and that stretch is more difficult to sell at good profit margin simply becoz all the waterfront series are competing among each other. When wave, key, gold, isle all TOP, everyone will start to advertise for subsale. You will see more sellers than buyers. Worst plus old condos there like Aquarius, bay water who will also join in the fun. Buyers will be spoilt with choice by then. More casualties will come from owners who bought gold and isle coz they bought at higher psf and gotta sell higher. That is why I will never touch bedok reservoir that plot and pasir ris that plot of land...with livia, nv and 2 more other development to be built and launch. These two plot of land had one thing in common...too many development cluttered together which makes supply more than demand. Some dev still not sold out after so many months (like nv, gold and currently isle) simply becoz the psf is high and theres too much supply than demand.
    Minton on the other hand I quite tempted to buy coz of reasonable price and facilities, but when I know there's total of 1200 units, I immediately change my mind. Same thing, Supply more than demand. I don't like to contend with so many units to advertise for subsale, coz will never fetch high profit margin.

8CY can only sabo the two jewelry subsale, it can't sabo estuary or CR subsale coz location is different. To live near mrt track and near industrial park and not near to any good views or amenities is a terrible thing to imagine. This is not a condo, more like a hostel. The only factor that attract pple to buy is it's price and its a private, not an EC, other than that, nothing else.
    Sorry just my and don't mean to offend anyone here. No vested interest in the above mentioned but just personal thoughts.
    Last edited by Xan; 20-04-11 at 00:08.

Hey Xan, that's a good piece of excellent analysis! Agree with you.

Actually when I study the launch price among estuary, CR and 8CY, they are quite similarly priced. Of coz estuary is launch one year earlier(a lot of things can happen) than 8CY and CR a few mths earlier than 8CY.
    But it's not as if 8CY cheap until Lao sai leh. I remember estuary 2 bedder also sells 6xxk to 7xxk. Same as 8CY. In fact, 8CY 1 bedder is near 1kpsf while estuary 1 bedder ard 8xxpsf. Prob that's the reason why estuary sold out.
    Probably 8CY is Considered the cheapest "in year 2011 context."
    Last edited by Xan; 20-04-11 at 00:29.

Actually when I study the launch price among estuary, CR and 8CY, they are quite similarly priced. Of coz estuary is launch one year earlier than 8CY and CR a few mths earlier than 8CY.
    But it's not as if 8CY cheap until Lao sai leh. I remember estuary 2 bedder also sells 6xxk to 7xxk. Same as 8CY. In fact, 8CY 1 bedder is near 1kpsf while estuary 1 bedder ard 8xxpsf. Prob that's the reason why estuary sold out.
    Probably 8CY is cheapest in year 2011 context.
    when estuary was launched....7xxpsf for yishun is unheard of....

den later somehow H20, NV etc etc all launch ard 900psf....so its like buyer find it 'cheap' when they see smthing below 800psf now....its like gg back to 1yr ago pricing

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    Hey Xan, that's a good piece of excellent analysis! Agree with you.
    I will be very interested to see what price CDL will launch on another 2 development at that pasir ris plot when NV takes so long to sell.

Saw this Monday 5pm... Not crowded then. Very nice concept and id work. In fact these unique shapes will need id work to bring out its distinct flavor. Also like the fact that there's no bay windows. However agree its location is not ideal for investment; good for own stay though. Btw a friend mentioned that it was so packed last sat night that they were turned away; and the showroom apparently opened till 3am then! If this is true, Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    Saw this Monday 5pm... Not crowded then. Very nice concept and id work. In fact these unique shapes will need id work to bring out its distinct flavor. Also like the fact that there's no bay windows. However agree its location is not ideal for investment; good for own stay though. Btw a friend mentioned that it was so packed last sat night that they were turned away; and the showroom apparently opened till 3am then! If this is true, Wow!
    What stopping you to buy? Location?
    I wonder whether the missing mrt will build near there? If really is, then si beh DUI. However, no one here mention and can cfm on this. I don't think agents mention that as well right?

And with all these pre-election feel-good hype generated by the media, and supported by 'cheaper, reasonable and lower pricing' by developers, hope buyers take a moment to reflect before succumbing to sign on the dotted line. With a few more consecutive feel-good hype, it's almost like the potential oversupply from 2013 is no longer of concern.

What stopping you to buy? Location?
    I wonder whether the missing mrt will build near there? If really is, then si beh DUI. However, no one here mention and can cfm on this. I don't think agents mention that as well right?
    Not ideal location for me and already vested elsewhere.
    Btw on the map in their brochure, the Thomson line is drawn to the west of the north-south expressway; wonder if this can be indicative.

Looking for the land bids, this plot of land was offered earlier and that there were no bids made.

Sometime later, the land was put up for sale at about the same time with the EC land - the canopy. It's also after estuary and miltonia close one.

When the bids came, I sort of expected it to be launched cheap as it's a CMI location. If I remembered correctly, the estuary land bid was a record bid for Yishun, then another record bid was made by the miltonia land bid.

When u look at the developers, somehow u might infer that they are competing against each other for the same pool of buyers. 8 court yards being the newest comer could remain at the side lines without bids but u do get bids from competitors instead at a lower price. Never mind the low land bids, developer could sell high if they wanted to price it at higher price that earlier launches. But it is at the same selling price with a lower land bid. The meat is still there but the market is spoilt. The estuary no views units are seriously affected if the investors bought to flip.

So my views are that the developer sabo one another this time. Perhaps a price war has just started in Yishun in the secondary market. Time to see show here.

Hedges park also quite reasonable, low of 800psf for 2+1 ... tat's why developers clear stocks far from MRT but for MRT die die hold high prices

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...rk-condominium
    But it's reported average 850 psf leh.

MRT, add at least 100k from baseline mass market condos. The savings from doing down the car and take MRT. Sometimes more savings and thus higher priced.

i am no analyst, just my opinions:

1. Market is 99% right all the time, except at peak/bottom. The demand in a particular area is best represented price/volume of subsales, no use speculating ... D15 has so many old/new projects but volume of subsales still very healthy

2. Supply vs demand is less of an issue this cycle as main driver is high inflation rate vs low cash/bond rate. As long as this condition holds true & rental remains strong (just look at HDB resale), I don't think there is anything that can crash the prop market

3. Project near MRT will have increasing price differential against those far from MRT due to more MRT lines completed in next few months/years and high ERP/COE

4. Agree with one forumer saying expensive does not mean good, cheap does not mean good too

And MSCP is terrible

And MSCP is terrible
    got MRT track, so better to haf MSCP to shield it

Minton on the other hand I quite tempted to buy coz of reasonable price and facilities, but when I know there's total of 1200 units, I immediately change my mind. Same thing, Supply more than demand. I don't like to contend with so many units to advertise for subsale, coz will never fetch high profit margin.
    Minton more for family own stay. If buy, should target the bigger 4 bedders as there are only 84 such units in the whole development (7%). With so many MM units nowadays, 4 bedders are becoming rare, so I would think there is potential upside for such large units. Anyway, I believe there are less than 10 such units left for sale at Minton, mostly high floors.

I am not sure if there is a trend, but I noticed for new launches, MM units and 4 bedders are quite popular. Both are at the two extreme ends of the spectrum. Anyone noticed this as well? Is it because MM units lower quantum and 4 bedders less supply, so both have good takeup rate?

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Minton more for family own stay. If buy, should target the bigger 4 bedders as there are only 84 such units in the whole development (7%). With so many MM units nowadays, 4 bedders are becoming rare, so I would think there is potential upside for such large units. Anyway, I believe there are less than 10 such units left for sale at Minton, mostly high floors.

I am not sure if there is a trend, but I noticed for new launches, MM units and 4 bedders are quite popular. Both are at the two extreme ends of the spectrum. Anyone noticed this as well? Is it because MM units lower quantum and 4 bedders less supply, so both have good takeup rate?
    gd observation....i noticed this trend as well in 8court/H20

mabe bcoz 3bedder common rooms abit too small nowadays....so family buyer prefer 4bedders

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    gd observation....i noticed this trend as well in 8court/H20

mabe bcoz 3bedder common rooms abit too small nowadays....so family buyer prefer 4bedders
    Or maybe 4 bedders also shrunk in size, like 1,345 sq ft can build a 4 bedder, cos no bay windows.

If only the estuary had the floor plan layout of this 8 courtyards...then it would be almost perfect!

got sms from agent saying the discount drops to 13% and price increase for all new release.. true or not??

Quote Originally Posted by yyly1327
    got sms from agent saying the discount drops to 13% and price increase for all new release.. true or not??
    px oredi increase for the new release stack on sunday and discount drop from 15 to 14%

this coming fri, will increase px for new phases and discount drop to 13%......FEO agt sms me......but oredi not keen liao.....now more keen on hedges.....LOL

If only the estuary had the floor plan layout of this 8 courtyards...then it would be almost perfect!
    If only sentosa cove is as cheap as estuary...then it would be cloud 9

Quote Originally Posted by yyly1327
    I think can abandon ship Liao, no need to consider whether to buy 8CY anymore. The answer is clear cut now.

I think can abandon ship Liao, no need to consider whether to buy 8CY anymore. The answer is clear cut now.
    Smart... Sinking ship better run.

Gov announced so many goodies for Yishun, how not to increase price

Goodies will come true provided they win the GRC ....

Goodies will come true provided they win the GRC ....
    wait ppl say u fearmongering la....act neutral best move

Nothing new about these goodies so no impact. All have been announced before in bits & pieces. Now because of election they package it and claim it will cost $600 million in total. Other GRCs have got just as much. All propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    Nothing new about these goodies so no impact. All have been announced before in bits & pieces. Now because of election they package it and claim it will cost $600 million in total. Other GRCs have got just as much. All propaganda.
    at least yishun is not forgotton mah....