Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does "4" command discounts

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Yup, if it's 4x or 4 landed, who can say they not prosper... For own stay is ok. Though if I intend to sell after 10yrs.. maybe will have a headache. Anyway, if I had to buy for investment, I think I will stick to the safer alternatives of avoiding too many 4s.

i remember an inter terrace in Joo Chiat ... number 114
    very nicely renovated ..

took a long time to sell

if it wasnt for the run up ... itwould have taken even longer ...

good that the seller didnt change the price much during the run up
    so helped in selling

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Yup, if it's 4x or 4 landed, who can say they not prosper... For own stay is ok. Though if I intend to sell after 10yrs.. maybe will have a headache. Anyway, if I had to buy for investment, I think I will stick to the safer alternatives of avoiding too many 4s.
    Agree, own stay, if like, and if believe in Feng Shui, Master say ok and suitable, why not. If investment, may be less hassle to look for nicer or more easily acceptable number, so that easier to rent/sell next time.

agreed... I will think twice about buying a unit with 4 in it. Not because I am superstitious, but do not want it to be an issue when I sell it.

If the unit comes with a 8... that's even better...

come to think of it, all my properties have a 8 in it.... and no 4s....

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    agreed... I will think twice about buying a unit with 4 in it. Not because I am superstitious, but do not want it to be an issue when I sell it.

If the unit comes with a 8... that's even better...

come to think of it, all my properties have a 8 in it.... and no 4s....
    8 - is the surest bet and best, did u pay a slight premiun?

certain numbers i 100% SIAM

10-04
    13-04

Got one unit we were eyeing 04-14...
    Agent dont know kong simi dialect supposed to be beri "good"...
    Any comments?

I sold my property (#05-04) within a few weeks to a young couple who came with their parents. Don't seem to have a problem with the number "4"

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    8 - is the surest bet and best, did u pay a slight premiun?
    Don't know... been bio-ing the development for a while. jumped on the opportunity when a unit is available. Just happen to have "8" in the address. Can't compare since there aren't many transactions. No reason for hesitation.... Still happy with the purchase.... that's most important.

Used to owned a unit #14-14, agent put it as 2-8 (easy to prosper)
    Sound good right?

what do you guys think of 14-08? whole life won prosper?

anyone care to buy #01-24? (starving to death...)

coincidentally i always try to have the numbers 1 &/or 2 in my properties, though not necessarily apart or in that order lol

all my properties thus far must have 4 in it....i've stayed in blk 144, 4th flr & 14th floor, in house number with 4 in it...mostly can buy at discount but can sell at benchmark price.

According to feng shui, the number 4 is not necessary bad. Some people lucky number is 4 according to the "Zi Wei Duo Su".

According to Chinese & Jews numerology, No. 4 is an auspicous number.
    For example, the " powerful " Flying Star theory analyses number 1 to 9 either on it's own or a combination of these numbers and no. 4 by itself is always considered an auspcious number or even in combination with other good numbers like 1, 8 or 6.
    The number that are not auspicious are instead no. 3, 5 or 2 and if it is not the period 7, then no. 7.
    Therefore, it is indeed a blessing in disguise that your number 4 or 4444 are not what it seems. This is the comment from feng shui master in the forum below.
    http://www.geomancy.net/resources/th...fs-numbers.htm
    Last edited by BB; 02-02-11 at 06:54.

Quote Originally Posted by BB
    According to feng shui, the number 4 is not necessary bad. Some people lucky number is 4 according to the "Zi Wei Duo Su".

According to Chinese & Jews numerology, No. 4 is an auspicous number.
    For example, the " powerful " Flying Star theory analyses number 1 to 9 either on it's own or a combination of these numbers and no. 4 by itself is always considered an auspcious number or even in combination with other good numbers like 1, 8 or 6.
    The number that are not auspicious are instead no. 3, 5 or 2 and if it is not the period 7, then no. 7.
    Therefore, it is indeed a blessing in disguise that your number 4 or 4444 are not what it seems. This is the comment from feng shui master in the forum below.
    http://www.geomancy.net/resources/th...fs-numbers.htm

very chimp ...

so far my props have 2,3,5 , single digit or combe ... so far so good ...

in my landed estate ..the unit 8 ... was unsold for many yrs ... cos it faces incoming street ...

took like 3 yrs to sell ....

even after it was sold ... i heard its still unoccupied ... i am not sure cos i havent been back for the last 1-2 yrs ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    very chimp ...

so far my props have 2,3,5 , single digit or combe ... so far so good ...

in my landed estate ..the unit 8 ... was unsold for many yrs ... cos it faces incoming street ...

took like 3 yrs to sell ....

even after it was sold ... i heard its still unoccupied ... i am not sure cos i havent been back for the last 1-2 yrs ...
    End of the day, many factors come into play; maybe it still Location, Location, Location...as we have heard many times whether it is property or business

Quote Originally Posted by DAVID
    I sold my property (#05-04) within a few weeks to a young couple who came with their parents. Don't seem to have a problem with the number "4"
    Infact number come with 54 or 04 meaning won't die or nobody die to some people.So your number infact is a good number.

Quote Originally Posted by CLOVERLUV
    Infact number come with 54 or 04 meaning won't die or nobody die to some people.So your number infact is a good number.

heard Jack Neo's house is 44 ... and he has chinese characters .. 'hey hey' ..pronounced in cantonese .. to mean 'double happiness'

When selling a property must make sure the agent is able to give a good meaning to the number

Quote Originally Posted by CLOVERLUV

among all my properties, the unit with 14 has the best return

Quote Originally Posted by ronald au
    Used to owned a unit #14-14, agent put it as 2-8 (easy to prosper)
    Sound good right?
    The number '8' means HUAT even in cantonese(but you need to slang it). The proper pronounciation for 8 is PA-AT, the HUAT is FA-AT.

So if I really want to twist it, '4' can be DIE or CENTURY in Chinese slang.

My car number is 8814 so it is HUAT HUAT WHOLE CENTURY 发发一世(good) or HUAT HUAT SURE DIE (bad)

If 8813 is means HUAT HUAT WHOLE LIFE 发发一生 or HUAT HUAT Sure One Alive Only.
    Last edited by focus; 03-02-11 at 11:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    among all my properties, the unit with 14 has the best return
    14 - high floor so easier to sell. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    14 - high floor so easier to sell. :-)
    In HK, they skip, 4, 14, 24, 34, 44, 54, 64 in the floor numbering
    In Malaysia, they skip 14 and become 13A