Tembeling Residence
    The Marq on Paterson Hill
    Casa Fortuna
    Duchess Residences
    Helios Residences
    Jia @ Wilkie

Happy shopping!

i think Marq is good ,,

Helios too expensive for its location ...

also:

Teresa 8
    8 Rodyk

how come u left out those with 8?! happy new year leh!

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    also:

Teresa 8
    8 Rodyk

how come u left out those with 8?! happy new year leh!
    Eh i tot one is commercial and strata houses me no interest...... :=p

恭喜发财 to all

8 rodyk got 50 units of residential mah hee.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Eh i tot one is commercial and strata houses me no interest...... :=p

恭喜发财 to all

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i think Marq is good ,,

Marq not expensive meh.... pay for void some more....

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Cityview @ Boon Keng
    Tembeling Residence
    The Marq on Paterson Hill
    Casa Fortuna
    Duchess Residences
    Helios Residences
    Jia @ Wilkie

Happy shopping!
    Cityview at Boon Keng is not a condo or exec condo. It's HDB sold at very high price and a fancy showroom to market it!

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Cityview at Boon Keng is not a condo or exec condo. It's HDB sold at very high price and a fancy showroom to market it!
    Yep, it sure seemed high at that point in time when it was launched.

However, it is a pity that it's HDB and not a private condo. In my opinion, the location is far better than that of the existing condos in Boon Keng/ St Michael's area, given the larger plot size, the 1-2 min proximity to the MRT station and the views that it commands. Looking at it now, I am pretty sure that it has almost comparable views to Citylights.

(No offense to owners of condos in the area, it's just that the government assigned this plot of land for HDB rather than private housing)

Quote Originally Posted by BV

However, it is a pity that it's HDB and not a private condo. In my opinion, the location is far better than that of the existing condos in Boon Keng/ St Michael's area, given the larger plot size, the 1-2 min proximity to the MRT station and the views that it commands. Looking at it now, I am pretty sure that it has almost comparable views to Citylights.

(No offense to owners of condos in the area, it's just that the government assigned this plot of land for HDB rather than private housing)
    But there are more plots beside cityview and they not released yet. There's still chance.

i think Marq is good ,,

Marq not expensive? All asking past 4K psf...

Cityview is a DBSS HDB project. 5 rm flats in this project were transacted between 6xxk to 7xxk, making it one of the most expensive new HDB launches. Anyway, even if owners want to sell, they have to fulfil MOP.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew

It is high now IMO. You are buying a half million HDB? Not resale but fresh new HDB with 8 years MOP (including 3 years construction). And the design is common 2 years later. Don't see value in such flats.

Just look at the first DBSS in Tampines vs current Punggol houses. I think the punggol ones are nicer. If you buy 550k for a 4 bedroom, how much you want to sell? 700k?

Quote Originally Posted by BV

Hey, we think the same

Unless you really love that location, this has got to be the worst buy of the decade. 700k for 5 bedroom. After 5 years, no more view I assume? Location so so nia. Surrounded by flatted factories and lup sup bars. Good point is near MRT and probably a bit of sea view for the next few years. After that, how much you want to sell? 900k?

Don't forget, I buy new flat in sengkang only 300k. Realistically, I can sell for 500k. That is almost 100% gain. If you buy 700k, you think you can sell 1.2 million?

And this is just a nicer looking HDB. No security, no facilities, nothing. It is a HDB with usual 8 years MOP. No free carpark, nothing. Free for all to walk around. I am not going to pay twice the amount for a nicer design which will be so common 2 years down the road.

This is just my opinion on DBSS. I rather buy EC.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Cityview is a DBSS HDB project. 5 rm flats in this project were transacted between 6xxk to 7xxk, making it one of the most expensive new HDB launches. Anyway, even if owners want to sell, they have to fulfil MOP.

Look at the transacted price of a 17yr old flat at strathmore. How much upside do you think it has from purchase price of $810k?

Queenstown 80 16 to 20 130.00
    Model A 1993 $810,000.00 Jan 2011

Queenstown 81 01 to 05 133.00
    Model A 1993 $700,000.00 Jan 2011
    Queenstown 48 31 to 35 110.00
    Improved 2006 $815,000.00 Dec 2010
    Queenstown 50 11 to 15 110.00
    Improved 2006 $720,000.00 Dec 2010

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    It is high now IMO. You are buying a half million HDB? Not resale but fresh new HDB with 8 years MOP (including 3 years construction). And the design is common 2 years later. Don't see value in such flats.

Just look at the first DBSS in Tampines vs current Punggol houses. I think the punggol ones are nicer. If you buy 550k for a 4 bedroom, how much you want to sell? 700k?

I really don't know. No one can foresee. I just think it is more realistic to sell 250k 4 bedrooms for 500k after MOP. Than to sell a 700k DBSS for 1.4 million after MOP.

Look at the transacted price of a 17yr old flat at strathmore. How much upside do you think it has from purchase price of $810k?

agreed. those mind-boggling HDB prices in Queenstown, Kim Tian and Shun Fu really hard to understand. I do not think the level of demand at that kind of prices will sustain. Some however believe that some units in Duxton will hit $1 mil after MOP.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    I really don't know. No one can foresee. I just think it is more realistic to sell 250k 4 bedrooms for 500k after MOP. Than to sell a 700k DBSS for 1.4 million after MOP.

agreed. those mind-boggling HDB prices in Queenstown, Kim Tian and Shun Fu really hard to understand. I do not think the level of demand at that kind of prices will sustain. Some however believe that some units in Duxton will hit $1 mil after MOP.
    a million dollar HDB? that's a sure firecracker for politics

Below is the transacted price of HUDC in Shunfu:

Bishan 318 11 to 15 155.00
    Apartment 1986 $1,020,000.00 Jan 2011
    Bishan 318 06 to 10 155.00
    Apartment 1986 $1,030,000.00 Jan 2011

The following article is the reason why they did so, but it puzzles me why the buyers above would want to go to all that extend just to earn that 100k plus even if the place gets en blocked for 1.2 mil?

En bloc fever catches on in HUDC estates

THE collective sale fever that has swept through condominiums has spread to three HUDC estates.

Residents in Shunfu Ville, Eunosville and Serangoon North are trying to privatise their estates so that they can sell their flats to private developers for a premium in collective sales.

These HUDC flats, which come with a 99-year lease, were developed in the 1970s and 1980s for people who did not qualify for HDB flats but could not afford private apartments.

In privatisation, the residents essentially pay the HDB to take over the ownership of common property such as carparks and landscaped areas. They also take over the management of the estate from town councils.

Owners pay about $25,000 to $30,000 each for privatisation. This covers the cost of common property that has been transferred to owners, legal costs, survey and other processing fees, all of which can be paid using their Central Provident Fund savings.
    At least 75 per cent of the owners must agree to privatisation. Of the original 18 HUDC estates in Singapore, 11 have already been fully privatised. The latest was Laguna Park in Marine Parade in July.

For the 358-unit Shunfu estate, this is its third attempt at privatisation. The first try in 2001 failed because only half the residents were for the idea.

In July this year, the residents tried to speed things up by launching a privatisation and collective sale exercise at the same time. They appointed Knight Frank as the marketing agent and even got a developer willing to foot the privatisation fees.

But HDB put a stop to their efforts, saying the estate must first attain privatisation before attempting any collective sale, said Shunfu's pro tem committee chairman Philip Liau.

Thanks to talk of a collective sale, a 1,700 sq ft flat in the estate was sold for $850,000 this month - $200,000 more than the average price before. Some residents hope to receive up to $1.2 million for their flats in a collective sale.

At Eunosville - where many residents of the 10-block estate are retirees - getting owners to part with $30,000 for the privatisation fee can be difficult.

To overcome this, some residents have offered to help them apply for a bank loan.

Retired nurse Maznah Ahmad, 68, said: 'They said I can pay back the bank after I get my en bloc money. But what if there is no en bloc?'

She and her husband, a 70-year-old retired teacher, have been living in their 1,700 sq ft maisonette for 20 years. The couple plan to transfer ownership of their home to their son, who will then pay the privatisation fee from his CPF savings.

Eunosville's pro tem committee chairman Suhaimi Mustapha told The Sunday Times yesterday that the panel has almost secured the 75 per cent vote needed.

Serangoon North's pro tem committee declined comment, saying its privatisation efforts are still in the early stages.

Over at Neptune Court in Marina Parade, residents are also trying to privatise their 752-unit estate, which is built on land owned by the Finance Ministry, not HDB.

A committee of residents is in talks with the ministry.

price wise i agree its very expensive ..for any HDB ..

however comparing it to HDBs in other location ... strathmore has a lot of potential ...

near town
    near MRT
    the old bowling alley, etc etc at margaret Dr is a gold mine ... it will be converted to some malls i am sure ...

i wonder what they are going to do with that precious plot there. The hawkers have been told to vacate the premises and that area should be marked for residential development. People will miss the famous mee pok in that hawker centre

price wise i agree its very expensive ..for any HDB ..

however comparing it to HDBs in other location ... strathmore has a lot of potential ...

near town
    near MRT
    the old bowling alley, etc etc at margaret Dr is a gold mine ... it will be converted to some malls i am sure ...

i wonder what they are going to do with that precious plot there. The hawkers have been told to vacate the premises and that area should be marked for residential development. People will miss the famous mee pok in that hawker centre

i was so sad when my friend told me the on-man-operate char kway teow is gone ...

anyone any idea where he has moved to ?

i think they will build a mall ... that area has no mall ...except dawson ..which is small ...

i heard that a lot of these hawkers were offered stalls in alexandra if not wrong, but i am not sure which block

i was so sad when my friend told me the on-man-operate char kway teow is gone ...

i think they will build a mall ... that area has no mall ...except dawson ..which is small ...

Duxton 1M is a definite. No doubt about it. Expect 1.1M for those high floor 5 bedroom seaview units. I mean, look at redhill or kallang. Already 800-900k. Duxton location is far better.

looking for this?

I didnt know they work so fast

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    looking for this?

What do you expect? It's KA-$CHING!! HDB is affordable, says Mah. DBSS is affordable and well designed. EC is priced below mass market condos. Birth rate is low so import instant talents. These talents need lodging so rents and housing prices go up. It's a upward cycle. Do you agree?

I didnt know they work so fast

I have fond memories of the old Margaret Drive hawker centre as my former working place used to be near there many years ago. Here is the website showing the new location of the char kway teow seller. http://www.soshiok.com/article/13538 Went to the hawker centre end of last year to patronise some stalls but was told by several stallholders that they had yet to find another place. Now don't know where many of them have shifted to.

This place is going to look very different once all the new Design and Build flats are completed. The designs of the some of the new flats look interesting.

I missed that cappicuno and toast ... Nice chatting place too

where's the western stall moving to?