Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Forest Hills Condo

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Exactly that's why must buy now before it heats up!
    Yes, it's going to heat up. More likely to be before simpang and Chua chu kang.

Need a hint? Look at number of new HDBs, Dbss, bto, ecs. These will be the future upgraders to private there. Takes about 10 years though.

A lot of land for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    depend, if some goondos block the exist(condo) it will jam a big but in general i don see any jam existing the transist rd..
    exiting usually no problem unless u get idiots trying to do a 3-point turn just in front of the command camp just outside the nee soon camp exit.

i just feel if the jam is serious to the point the bus can't even park in bus bay the authorities will do something about it, since this, if true, is obviously a safety issue

no time nowadays maybe when i go viewing the units can kaypoh ask the guards there

wait for my report soon
    pls lor, this has been happening for at least 1yr+ already & I don't see any action lor....

report update: this morning no jam

KarenK, just realised you have been rather negative to most condos in the north!

Happened across your response to one of my previous comments and I searched abit more and this is what I found:

On Estuary:

On Rosewood:

On Northoaks:

On Regentville:

On Goodlink Park:

Well not that I disagree with all your comments but they are mostly negative - you seem to like playing devil's advocate.

Still I am taking your comments on the jam seriously hence will go research that myself

wah, didn't know I'm being stalked

anyway I wasn't aware that I was being negative all along. I was just sharing my honest opinion based on my personal experiences & observations & not hearsay. by sharing my observations, I'm hoping that nobody will make a mistake purchase. always buy with your eyes wide open. like I always say, there is no perfect property. it's a matter of whether u can accept the imperfections or not. maybe it's my "neow" nature coming in when I was observing the properties lah. it's a major purchase so cannot be too sloppy about checking.

even for meadows @ peirce, I have negative stuff to say too. facing of most of the units (incl mine) is E-W which I am not in favour of. the N-S ones are for the small 3-BR units which are too small for me. So I haf no choice but to buy the E-W facing unit. It's only a 5-min drive away from my parents' place so that is a strong factor. The area is also not known for being breezy so I foresee lots of fan & aircon usage in future. the land in general is lower than the 2 main roads edging it (Upper Thomson / Yio Chu Kang Rd). possibility of flood is a worry especially since the carpark will be basement but to my living memory, I have not heard of teacher's estate or the surrounding area flooding. nonetheless I will still keep monitoring the area especially during the rainy season

ah yes, re Estuary. Observation this morning: heavy traffic at the Lentor Ave/Yishun Ave 2 in the direction of AMK. the heavy traffic stretched all the way past the stadium, past 1 bus-stop & just before Khatib mrt station. Considered not too bad already coz the really bad ones will reach Khatib station & beyond

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    ah yes, re Estuary. Observation this morning: heavy traffic at the Lentor Ave/Yishun Ave 2 in the direction of AMK. the heavy traffic stretched all the way past the stadium, past 1 bus-stop & just before Khatib mrt station. Considered not too bad already coz the really bad ones will reach Khatib station & beyond
    Thanks Karen - that's why I take ur comments seriously

On the above, yes, that's why I didn't dare invest in estuary cos the jam at the junction is bad enough as it already is - it will be much worse with another 600- units in the area.

So in your opinion which condo in far north, or at least in the vicinity, would you choose for self-stay (apart from meadows@peirce)?

Ok update guys:

went by around evening, just as Nee Soon Camp opened its gates and everyone had to go back home. There was indeed a jam, albeit a small one because Transit Road had no filter lane / slip road - it lasted around 1-2min and then cleared (going out not much of a problem as the road is quite wide so one lane actually fit 2 cars side by side)

Checked with security and yes, occasionally there are jams when everyone leaving same time (from Nee Soon camp) but clears in a couple of minutes - however most condos experience the same at peak hours anyway. Nothing serious and the jam could be a tad longer for those parents sending kids to school on their way back.

However for tenants with no kids / grown up kids going out at peak hours generally not a problem (which is what i'm looking for since this is for investment and those with kids going to primary schools will not look at this location in the first place)

yup so generally pleased with what I saw, actively looking for better listings to appear on propertyguru and also got my agent to look around for good deals, wish me luck

http://www.foresthills.com.sg/Facility.html is their internal condo booking management system found some interesting info (and far-fetched showflat pics) in this website

Fair update. Not too bad a jam. My place got worst jam during morning peaks due to school zone.

If u r marketing this project, you might want to consider this other points too.

Amble parking space for two cars?
    Any particular celebrity owner there?
    Any special life style there? Joggers, cyclist, hobbits, fishing? Golfing nearby?
    Shuttle service?
    Low maintenance fees?
    Try cross marketing to existing owners there, give referral bonus.

Studios there might cater to retirees but 3 bedders a little too big for yuppies or Dinks. Size problem.

Try marketing to army camp regulars next door or doctors working at ktp. Spread the word to your doctor friends. There are a lot of old née soon folks relocated to yishun and elsewhere. Good to find them and check with them. Older folks are more sentimental to particular places. Good luck.

Finally price must be special. Give 16 percent discount to valuation sure have buyers one. Go for somewhere nearer to middle would be gd.

Let me buy first then start marketing can?

But there are ample parking lots - no celebrities, no nearby attractions, nothing...(Unless walking distance to reservoir considered. The main draw of the place is how quiet (read: ulu) it really is.

Viewing a couple of units this weekend

Trying to collect more comments on this place as well else once I commit end up like some here who announced their buys and getting thrashed up down left right centre unfairly

Thanks Karen - that's why I take ur comments seriously

On the above, yes, that's why I didn't dare invest in estuary cos the jam at the junction is bad enough as it already is - it will be much worse with another 600- units in the area.

So in your opinion which condo in far north, or at least in the vicinity, would you choose for self-stay (apart from meadows@peirce)?
    seriously.....I only had my eyes set on meadows coz of its proximity to my parents' place, the greenery and the height restriction which meant no tall blocks will be looking down upon me

I liked Euphony coz it seems very well-maintained and quiet but I guess the new NSE will kill its value a fair bit since it's going to be right next to it. I once visited my friend's cluster house at Springhill (opposite Sembawang Shopping Centre) & liked the place a lot. but that is cluster house & not condo so we are out of topic here

Calrose seems quite nice but it's not considered far north, right? but I must qualify myself that i have not done any serious observation for it yet....

good luck for your hunt in Forest Hills......I still think u should try to catch the morning jams as it's different from the evening jams. try to hang around there around 730am to 8am.....

Let me buy first then start marketing can?

But there are ample parking lots - no celebrities, no nearby attractions, nothing...(Unless walking distance to reservoir considered. The main draw of the place is how quiet (read: ulu) it really is.

Viewing a couple of units this weekend

Trying to collect more comments on this place as well else once I commit end up like some here who announced their buys and getting thrashed up down left right centre unfairly
    Number one rule here... Never ever reveal where u buy. Lucky for him, he only said one out of four. If not, it's worst.

The unit with the daughter's room pic seems nice, valuations around 750k or on the low side right? Update later.

For north, best condo in my view would be north wood. FH and walking distance to Chong pang. It's the best among the worst lot. The worst... The flower one lor.

seriously.....I only had my eyes set on meadows coz of its proximity to my parents' place, the greenery and the height restriction which meant no tall blocks will be looking down upon me

I liked Euphony coz it seems very well-maintained and quiet but I guess the new NSE will kill its value a fair bit since it's going to be right next to it. I once visited my friend's cluster house at Springhill (opposite Sembawang Shopping Centre) & liked the place a lot. but that is cluster house & not condo so we are out of topic here

Calrose seems quite nice but it's not considered far north, right? but I must qualify myself that i have not done any serious observation for it yet....

good luck for your hunt in Forest Hills......I still think u should try to catch the morning jams as it's different from the evening jams. try to hang around there around 730am to 8am.....
    in fact i was targetting the meadow prior launching for some time ...at that time the launch just keep on postponding(tatic moved by developer) and had also made comparision with calrose...Din take up calrose cos, aft few visit, did not find any charm from it., apart of being at AMK area,.and also anticipating meadow could launch at around 700++ (consider fair price at that time) ..din know greedy developer launch at 900++..Even the refurbished tower block is selling high...so totally give up and din even bother to visit the showroom.

few agents also shared with me on the flooding as it is at slop area...IMO, the developement is at the inclined slop and not at the valley pit..so flooding is unlikely..

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    in fact i was targetting the meadow prior launching for some time ...at that time the launch just keep on postponding(tatic moved by developer) and had also made comparision with calrose...Din take up calrose cos, aft few visit, did not find any charm from it., apart of being at AMK area,.and also anticipating meadow could launch at around 700++ (consider fair price at that time) ..din know greedy developer launch at 900++..Even the refurbished tower block is selling high...so totally give up and din even bother to visit the showroom.

few agents also shared with me on the flooding as it is at slop area...IMO, the developement is at the inclined slop and not at the valley pit..so flooding is unlikely..
    ya, I was also cursing UOL when they delayed the launch time after time. I was also projecting their psf to be around $750 but who knws the mkt kept going up & up. eventually bot mine at $889psf & I continued my cursing at UOL, ha ha. but in view of today's market, $889psf for a freehold pty is considered cheap liao lor....

I was figuring that I've never heard or seen Green Meadows flood during its time so guessed that the place shouldn't be flood-prone.

update on forest hill traffic this morning (740-750am): JAM JAM JAM . jam all the way till Mandai Road junction. my son's school bus took more than 10 mins to crawl from the 33 Sembawang coffeeshop to the junction & even then she had not even turned in yet (the next kiddy pickup is Forest Hill).

Mantrix trying hard to market......
    It's smooth as silk after that? 9 am..... Haha

i like Meadows as well...was there at VVIP launch - not concerned about flooding since it's ok just worried no breezes since it's not at road level. Else I think it's a good buy at 800++psf.

Euphony not for me - too close to road and further from Chong Pang 9and what's with the color theme??!!) - Northwood is better choice which i agree with King Kong.

Calrose I have seen too, nothing impressive and surrounded by HDBs but not really near to amenties (the 168 market must walk around 6min?) - but freehold and elevated. Their PHs' roof terraces too much wasted space and they also experience jams when all coming back into condo.

I have looked at Springhill before (location is excellent) and with CR launched owners are laughing their way to bank but as with most cluster housing it is just too squeezed for my liking (800 sq ft per floor is rather tight) and too many stairs to climb.

I am not concerned about morning jams INTO the condo, but out of it since if I get a unit my prospective tenant will likely be going to work at that time, not returning from sending kids to school ...

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Number one rule here... Never ever reveal where u buy. Lucky for him, he only said one out of four. If not, it's worst.

The unit with the daughter's room pic seems nice, valuations around 750k or on the low side right? Update later.

For north, best condo in my view would be north wood. FH and walking distance to Chong pang. It's the best among the worst lot. The worst... The flower one lor.
    I agree Northwood is good, but best among worst...?? What you mean? All condos in far north are the worst lot? Their quality is surprising good - I think you meant to say best among the cheapest.

I think for the flower-one...should be Lilydale, not Rosewood right? Actually Lilydale, being beside coffeeshops and supermarket, is very convenient if you don't need to travel to town.

ya, I was also cursing UOL when they delayed the launch time after time. I was also projecting their psf to be around $750 but who knws the mkt kept going up & up. eventually bot mine at $889psf & I continued my cursing at UOL, ha ha. but in view of today's market, $889psf for a freehold pty is considered cheap liao lor....

I was figuring that I've never heard or seen Green Meadows flood during its time so guessed that the place shouldn't be flood-prone.

update on forest hill traffic this morning (740-750am): JAM JAM JAM . jam all the way till Mandai Road junction. my son's school bus took more than 10 mins to crawl from the 33 Sembawang coffeeshop to the junction & even then she had not even turned in yet (the next kiddy pickup is Forest Hill).
    when I went to VVIP preview they offered me 820psf for ground floor unit but i walked away haiz

Actually on jam, at that time there is always a jam (same for Lentor) but like I said, i am more concerned about getting out than in (and that is assuming prospective tenant goes to work at around that time...i know of many who works later than that, after 9, 10am)

my agent told me sellers not that flexible on negotiation because they have holding power and a couple are asking for future pricing but let's see how it goes....else I'll turn my attention elsewhere

when I went to VVIP preview they offered me 820psf for ground floor unit but i walked away haiz

Actually on jam, at that time there is always a jam (same for Lentor) but like I said, i am more concerned about getting out than in (and that is assuming prospective tenant goes to work at around that time...i know of many who works later than that, after 9, 10am)

my agent told me sellers not that flexible on negotiation because they have holding power and a couple are asking for future pricing but let's see how it goes....else I'll turn my attention elsewhere

ground floor unit heaper on psf basis coz of the PES, i tink.....hey, I was also at the VVIP launch! we could haf been there at the same time!

I checked streetsine & I found out I paid the lowest psf for my unit size

if u are more concerned with outgoing traffic from forest hill at that hour, then no problem. traffic in the general vicinity is ok. getting to all the various nearby expressways is no problem but getting stuck IN the expressway is a different issue

ground floor unit heaper on psf basis coz of the PES, i tink.....hey, I was also at the VVIP launch! we could haf been there at the same time!

I checked streetsine & I found out I paid the lowest psf for my unit size

if u are more concerned with outgoing traffic from forest hill at that hour, then no problem. traffic in the general vicinity is ok. getting to all the various nearby expressways is no problem but getting stuck IN the expressway is a different issue
    congratz

Yeah that was my main concern seems like not too big a problem now (only the prices quite stiff in that area )

I was at VVIP launch and while crowd was big not many takers and I was looking at the ground units with added basement (nice) but thought the pool was a tad small. Also I'm lazy so dun wanna drive to eat and not a fan of the curry nearby...else everything about that development was quite OK (fresh air and cool) but WASSUP with the bird watching tower

I agree Northwood is good, but best among worst...?? What you mean? All condos in far north are the worst lot? Their quality is surprising good - I think you meant to say best among the cheapest.

I think for the flower-one...should be Lilydale, not Rosewood right? Actually Lilydale, being beside coffeeshops and supermarket, is very convenient if you don't need to travel to town.
    Best of the best in are found in CCR. Worst of the worst are found in OCR.

Northwoods best among (those in north) - not necessarily worst but I say it in case got attacked by CCR supporters.

North is one if the cheapest. West also. Some parts of the west and not lakeside.

Dun want to be too exact with flower one. Lilydale and rosewood still quite ok.

All you need after buying a property in the north is to work in the north, children studying in the north. Solve all your problems.

I wouldn't consider Rafflesia (smelliest flower in the world) to be in Far North - that's central north by the way

I wouldn't consider Rafflesia (smelliest flower in the world) to be in Far North - that's central north by the way
    yeah.... big and useless flower... small ones are better.

Due for 2 viewings tomorrow and guess what?
    Just saw in streetsine FH hit all time high

29 Transit Road #02-07
    99 Yrs From 10/02/2000
    $661 psf
    $790k
    26 Jan 11

not going to be easy to nego liao

will still give my observations anyway...

29 Transit Road #02-07
    99 Yrs From 10/02/2000
    $661 psf
    $790k
    26 Jan 11

someone went in based on your write up previously?... good deals never spill....

actually i quite like woodgrove....oops!!

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    someone went in based on your write up previously?... good deals never spill....

actually i quite like woodgrove....oops!!
    nah the caveat date was before i posted ... i guess there are others out there who knows the potential but they could have tried to bring price down so easier for me mah

woodgrove condo? it's nice - next to supermart and pre-schools! even got its own beauty salon

rental yield super good because of American school. there! psf will go up from now!

29 Transit Road #02-07

Can try 580 to 630 psf to make it worth while.

That is already slightly beyod my budget...haiz...
    Anyway update, viewed 2 units today, one's a PH and one's a mid- floor. Layouts very different, but the rooms are a tad small, not sure if can fit queen size beds? Only the master bedroom is sizeable enough.

The space is well utilised, there are bay windows for 2 of the rooms and a small planter but apart from that layout is pretty efficient. The duplex was pretty windy and both units bright and no west sun.

There is only one gate now - the main entrance - so walking to coffeeshop takes longer - agent said there are plans of a side gate when MRT is confirmed but that will be some time down the road.

Plenty of parking available in basement and though it was a weekend no visitors (maybe because it's not near any HDBs)

Overall nice balinese ambience, swimming pool is 1.5M (unlike new condos' 1.2M) and because of the foliage and nearby reservoir air quality is pretty good - if one jogs can reach the reservoir in 10min - the view is quite nice.

The place is not bad, but the 2 units reno quite obiang, if I wanna spend 600psf or above gotta get one that I can rent out immediately to cut downtime so needs to be well renovated. No such lobangs now cos too few units. Turning my sights to maybe Nuovo or Castle Green where firesales more likely (and try picking non expressway facing units)

The place is not bad, but the 2 units reno quite obiang, if I wanna spend 600psf or above gotta get one that I can rent out immediately to cut downtime so needs to be well renovated. No such lobangs now cos too few units. Turning my sights to maybe Nuovo or Castle Green where firesales more likely (and try picking non expressway facing units)
    i believe only expressway facing got chance firesales....gd luck

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i believe only expressway facing got chance firesales....gd luck
    With the reduction in land and the downward pressure on psf maybe can get warm stove sales for the good facing ones

Wanted to say a lower price range but it would not be realistic.

Avoid nuovo if u can.... The cheaper ones are at castle green.

If u are buying for rental, a cheaper rent unit is easier to rent out. If they wanted facilities, they would target newer places such as centro. That area not too good for rental too as grandeur 8 is also competing with it.