Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Telok kurau vs Tanah Merah

Small projects w/o security is worst, wear and tear will high...., no one heard of those projects...stalemate...or rather STALE MADE

I went to Lor G..
    Near to MRT... BUT... HOSPITAL is nearer..
    Pretty near to Joo Chiat...

Lor g is undervalued and yet it offers greater convenience than people staying in lor n or m. If talking about hospital can't fight with novena lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillyred888
    I went to Lor G..

Quote Originally Posted by Chillyred888
    I went to Lor G..
    Chilly,

Travel all the way to the end (next to the siglap park connector) there is no hospital next to it.

Lorong G or H (next to siglap park connector)

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs
    Chilly,

Travel all the way to the end (next to the siglap park connector) there is no hospital next to it.

Lorong G or H (next to siglap park connector)

Yeah, agree ... We talking about hospital or talking about MRT here?
    Lorong G is quite a long road, so as said, you go at the end towards Siglap Connector, then you see if the location good or no good...
    Hospital is at the other far end lar...

Another 'advantage' of LrG is there are two side roads to connect into Changi Road, so compared to other lorongs, there are actually 3 entry and exit points for this particular lorong.

LrH is also nicely located, especially Verte and a couple of smaller projects nearby - but again, must be near to the Siglap Connector.
    Those middle lorong or towards city end, no point to consider - too far to walk to MRT.

Definitely an undervalued area with a nice ambience.

Hi Chilly,

I have recently moved to TK area near to Siglap Park Connector.

Initially, I have never considered moving to TK area as there seems to be lots of negative comments abt narrow road, one-side parking, inconvenience, far from MRT, near to red light Joo Chiat, etc etc (you know it too well by now).

By chance and destiny, however, I bought a unit at Lor K (near connector) in Sept last year and from the bottom of my heart, I have to say, no regrets.
    It's really peaceful and the area is infused with lots of green energy.
    It takes me 10 min walk to Kembangan mrt (though initially it felt a bit far but I'm getting very used to it and loving the walk in the morning and late afternoon). Siglap Park Connector is really fun to hang around. Lots of beautiful and funny dogs, old couple holding hand strolling the TK Park, wheel-chaired elderly having exercises, men and women jogging and cyling, families outing, kids playing at the park's playground, some ladies having line dance early in the morning and late afternoon, birds chirping here and there, and most important, the air is fresh (you can feel the difference once you walk along Siglap Park Connector comparing it to the Trumps area). It's very laid back. I'd often cycle after work or on weekends to ECP via the connector within 5 min.

I don't see any difficulties in renting out those condos nearer to the Connector. Are you aware there is a Far East Service Apartment right at the end of Lor K? Wwhy do you think Far East is invested there? There are a lot of westeners, chinese, and Japanese renting that area. In my small development, all units are fully occupied and 50% are rented out.

Like you, I'm in love with the big balcony in my apartment facing greeneries and swimming pool. If you are concerned about the poison arrows or the ugly antenna, you can buy mid floor unit.
    I have no denial that the road is quite narrow and it takes patience when there is a car coming from the opposite side. But hey..we need to learn how to share and be courteous everywhere we drive, don't we?

Lor G has the closest proximity to MRT and one of my friend just got one unit there recently (near to the connector).

The above are my personal opinion and in no way trying to be in conflict with other contributors here. Consider your needs and lifestyle (what is negotiable and non-negotiable conditions) and horizon of investment. There is always pros and cons for any kind of place. You just need to get a good deal (no rush). With the stringent measures from the govt, the ball is very much in the buyer court.

Good luck for your search. Hope you find the right home.

That is great info Meiti.

I bought an unit Lorong H (The Verte) ... has been waiting for it TOP ... and now with your feedback, I am really looking forward to move when it is ready

Verte is a good choice. Hope you will enjoy TK as much as I do.
    Who knows we may bump into each other there

Quote Originally Posted by meiti
    Verte is a good choice. Hope you will enjoy TK as much as I do.
    Who knows we may bump into each other there
    Hi Meiti,

I have been staying in Blu Coral for more than a year now. Can't agree with you more on the Siglap Park Connector.

Recently, they have completed the drain-widening work on Lor L and it has a wide pavement leading to the connector, very suitable for cycling and strolling.

Kellogs,

They are slowly removing the scaffolding for Verte and working on the interior retrofitting, guess it will be completed by 3rd quarter of this year.

Thank you Don. I am going to take a look after working today hehehe

some pictures