Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Telok kurau vs Tanah Merah

Eagle Hunter

User Info Menu

Default Telok kurau vs Tanah Merah

Gong Hei Fatt Choy to all!
    Im a 1st time buyer looking for my dream home.After a year of searching,finally i've round down to 2 projects,one in Telok Kurau the other in Tanah Merah.

Both are about the same size, however one is FH and the other LH.

Price wise, TK unit is slightly higher by about 50k.

Location! TM has an existing MRT, nearer to amenities. TK unit is not so accessible, about 1.6km - 2km away from Kembangan MRT and Parkway Parade.

Both areas are exclusive for private housing only. Although one is D15 another is D17.

Which one will u choose???

Emeritus Senior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chillyred888
    Im a 1st time buyer looking for my dream home.After a year of searching,finally i've round down to 2 projects,one in Telok Kurau the other in Tanah Merah.

Location! TM has an existing MRT, nearer to amenities. TK unit is not so accessible, about 1.6km - 2km away from Kembangan MRT and Parkway Parade.

Both areas are exclusive for private housing only. Although one is D15 another is D17.

I will choose TM. That area is located more conveniently and while not holding the prestigious D15 tag, is actually faster to town if you factor in all the traveling time via MRT (cos in TK you'll need to take bus)

TK used to be nice, but too many MMs and boutique developments are spoiling the serenity - and the traffic is quite terrible at times.Not very convenient if you ask me.

I am assuming you are comparing a full-fledged condo in TM versus a boutique (less than 100 units) one in TK?

Junior

User Info Menu

I suggest, u have a cooling period first, as it is now more of a buyer market. U need first to decide, whether is it time to buy?

Go to the two projects more often, bring along your family, see the neighbourhood, how convenient there are in term of family living and life style.

If u are looking for a place to stay, draw up what are the criteria in buying first, give weight to all the considerations,

User Info Menu

I buy property faster than buying my LED TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I suggest, u have a cooling period first, as it is now more of a buyer market. U need first to decide, whether is it time to buy?

Go to the two projects more often, bring along your family, see the neighbourhood, how convenient there are in term of family living and life style.

If u are looking for a place to stay, draw up what are the criteria in buying first, give weight to all the considerations,

Emeritus Senior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer32007
    Cos LED TV is depreciating asset

User Info Menu

a few considerations:
    1. you must like the place - what does your heart tell you?
    2. which one has better upside in the future? even then, you must still like it! refer to point 1 again.
    3. which one does the whole family like?
    4. convenience to amenities are very important - TM is nearer to many.
    5. wait for better offer or buy soon? every place has its price at that moment in time - make your offer and carry on from there - if the discount (if any) is good, you may want to accept the tradeoff in other regards.

so all are very personal considerations.
    may be better to list them down, though sometimes that 1 important consideration may veto all the many others.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nobrainer32007
    That's quite funny but true

I have bought and sold more properties than my TV. (Let me rephrase that, I bought my TV before my 1st property. The 1st property is sold and have since bought others. That TV is still with me).

My TV is still one of those big boxes that's still working perfectly. I am refusing to get a new one until it breaks down.

东方

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    That's quite funny but true

I have bought and sold more properties than my TV. (Let me rephrase that, I bought my TV before my 1st property. The 1st property is sold and have since bought others. That TV is still with me).

My TV is still one of those big boxes that's still working perfectly. I am refusing to get a new one until it breaks down.
    Then i buy and sell properties more often than buy new underwear liao...

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Then i buy and sell properties more often than buy new underwear liao...
    You win lah.

东方

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chillyred888

Which part of TM? I tot TM is D16... Hmmm suddenly durians come to mind... Anyway if need to be near prestigious TNS...then obvious choice is TK...

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast