Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW 2011 CCR or OCR thread

We need to be mindful of our citizen/PR ratio vis-a-vis HK and other country.
    There is much more possibility of freak result as the ruling party will require to balance delicately the interest of citizens and PRs....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    my goodness....dun ever let it happen!!!
    Of course not.

I'm just suggesting a hypothetical scenario which is happening in other countries..

Now mass market resale still hovers at around $700psf. If mass market condos fall back to good old days of $400-$500psf, I will collect some - only problem is I suspect lots will be entering the market once there is slight correction (remember - lots of infrastructural improvements all around the island). So the anticipated drop may never happen. Let's see. Might have some kancheong spiders...

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    I hope you are right about mass market condos. I am in the market to buy another OCR condo.

Depends on your definition of "freak" results lor. Is 87-0 "freak" results? I think this year, there is a possibility PAP may win all seats

Quote Originally Posted by alvinkoh1818
    We need to be mindful of our citizen/PR ratio vis-a-vis HK and other country.
    There is much more possibility of freak result as the ruling party will require to balance delicately the interest of citizens and PRs....

What will happen if the percentage of votes nationally is 59-41 but the seats is 87-0... I think it will be the funniest democracy in the world andpeople will belaughing at us

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    What will happen if the percentage of votes nationally is 59-41 but the seats is 87-0... I think it will be the funniest democracy in the world andpeople will belaughing at us
    HAha with e grc system high chance

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Depends on your definition of "freak" results lor. Is 87-0 "freak" results? I think this year, there is a possibility PAP may win all seats
    wud say any unthinkable result can be classified as "freak"

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    wud say any unthinkable result can be classified as "freak"

Comments fro other forums? You think will my prediction happen?

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Comments fro other forums? You think will my prediction happen?
    definitely, Singapore is run like a corporation. Once AGM is over, workers and shareholders get screwed by management big time.
    Floodgates of immigration will be opened.

govt build so many offices n marina bay and release so much land for condo cannot see is for what reason? Do they get any incentives to crash the prices?

pple criticise MBT never build enough homes to house the 1m increase in population for last 3 years. Now they release land for 1m more lor. Issnt the signs clear? Or am i kidding myself?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    definitely, Singapore is run like a corporation. Once AGM is over, workers and shareholders get screwed by management big time.
    Floodgates of immigration will be opened.
    why would the govt opened the floodgates, to agitate the sgporeans further and let the foreigns to compete wf locals for the jobs.

the govt knowing this election is a tough fight,u can read the fine prints with all the threats they put up to us. PAP will still win but votes are getting lesser and lesser..

i think govt will try to makeup for the few years,til the next election to pleased and gain back their votes..

anyway opening the floodgates wouldnt let PAP to gain votes through the foreigns, but getting lesser votes from locals for each election.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    why would the govt opened the floodgates, to agitate the sgporeans further and let the foreigns to compete wf locals for the jobs.

the govt knowing this election is a tough fight,u can read the fine prints with all the threats they put up to us. PAP will still win but votes are getting lesser and lesser..

i think govt will try to makeup for the few years,til the next election to pleased and gain back their votes..

anyway opening the floodgates wouldnt let PAP to gain votes through the foreigns, but getting lesser votes from locals for each election.
    just make it easier for foreigners to get PRs and for PRs to get citizenships.
    They will allow dual citizenships

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Ultimately, it is all about the economy and GDP! As such, I support opening the flood gates for foreigners. We have to be realistic - Singapore is small, not even producing enough to replace themselves, so quick solution is still import foreigners. They just need to give some money like growth and share and will get voted back in again. The alternative of crashed economy, crashed propertiy prices, massive job losses are even worse!

only possible when NS is not an obligation and soley rely on full time soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Ultimately, it is all about the economy and GDP! As such, I support opening the flood gates for foreigners. We have to be realistic - Singapore is small, not even producing enough to replace themselves, so quick solution is still import foreigners. They just need to give some money like growth and share and will get voted back in again. The alternative of crashed economy, crashed propertiy prices, massive job losses are even worse!
    but those opposition and supporters tink otherwise...

they r in their dreamland tat SG can achieve growth and low unemployment rate without high influx of PRs

they r in their dreamland tat govt can subsidise more heavily into social benefits and at the same time reducing GST/COE/ERP/Pay and Pay

It's about striking a balance. We have to stay competitive in the regionally and internationally. I realise that the poor is really poor when I was shocked to see it many years ago and I am sure there are still a lot of them. We cannot deny that there is a social gap and is getting wider. You cannot stop the rich to become richer otherwise we cannot move forward but one can do more for the poor (I meant the bottom 20%). However, the middle income group becomes frustrated. Study hard and get good degree - Graduate and get a stable job, work hard, but still cannot get a house (higher expectation now), car, etc, fast. This is really the root of problem and OP is really barking at this rather but using the poor as a decoy as majority of Singaporean is in middle income group.

they r in their dreamland tat SG can achieve growth and low unemployment rate without high influx of PRs

they r in their dreamland tat govt can subsidise more heavily into social benefits and at the same time reducing GST/COE/ERP/Pay and Pay

i agree with what LHL say, its stupid not to grab the opportunity in the last 4-5 years to chong and grow the economy first. The 2 IR is a excellent example. Without the planning since 2004, it wouldnt have happened. Property price have remain largely flat since the triple whammy of 1997 asian financial crisis, 2001 sept 11, Sar n 2003 desert storm 2. When the IR development went on, there was so much buzzy in the economy n property market.

However human nature is as such ,its always about what you didnt do. Never mind miracles u have achieved throughtout they years, we wanna talk about what you didnt do.

Anyway, back to the topic of opposition. I think if they are serious about having changes, stop having the mindset of having some stupid slogan wanna go in to check n balance. In the first place, the few seat even if they win can check n balance what. All opposition come together form 1 big party n challenge for a win, to make the change.

Y the good opposition party never even suggest forward looking how Singapore could make more $$$$ n transfer the wealth to the poor? All their policies only seems to suggest how to spend $$$ and take $$$ from bank?

as on your point of foreign talent i also agree..... many pple only think they come n take your job. Foreign investors come here because we offer a good mix of cheap foreign labor and good selection of well trained n experienced workforce. If they want experienced n expensive workforce, they might as well stay in Europe and America.

As for high social cost, y dont one image paying up to 40% tax like in parts of Europe. Then one share if consumption tax is better vs income tax regime.

just to share. A filthy rich PR indo neighbour staying t.rhu. Master degree holder in one of the govt uni.
    Wish that she could vote,and to vote against pap.
    She ask me why the govt pay are higher than Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS

as on your point of foreign talent i also agree..... many pple only think they come n take your job. Foreign investors come here because we offer a good mix of cheap foreign labor and good selection of well trained n experienced workforce. If they want experienced n expensive workforce, they might as well stay in Europe and America.
    To add on to what you say, while I was employed in Singapore in MNC, my Singaporean and Indonesian colleagues complained about high pay of Western expats. Their complaint is: We do the same job, face the same risk, and yet our pay is different.

My response was:
    If our pay is the same pay as Westerners, why would Western companies hire locals? They might as well hire other westerners, their own "kaki-lang", to come to Singapore. Same skin color, less cultural differences, easier to understand each other.
    They (foreign companies) come to Singapore because we are cheap.
    My colleagues kept quiet after my answer, though the complaints pop up once in a while, which I repeat my answer again

just to share. A filthy rich PR indo neighbour staying t.rhu. Master degree holder in one of the govt uni.
    Wish that she could vote,and to vote against pap.
    She ask me why the govt pay are higher than Obama.
    Are you sure she is filthy rich?
    Stay in T. Rhu and master holder in govt uni are signs she is not that filthy rich, perhaps rich only.
    I was not rich myself, that's why study in NTU .

whats her beef for voting against PAP? Her citizenship application was rejected?

Are you sure she is filthy rich?
    Stay in T. Rhu and master holder in govt uni are signs she is not that filthy rich, perhaps rich only.
    I was not rich myself, that's why study in NTU .

whats her beef for voting against PAP? Her citizenship application was rejected?
    Ok la her Supercar number plate worth an 100k or more. An old single digit.
    the siblings study local uni not becos it's cheap. but it's harder to get into one.
    If indos own bentley, Ferrari 599, panamarai, royce rolls ghost all the car plate are 1 or 9.
    Itzi rich or filthy rich?

Family biz in timber trade,shipping trade to restaurant, to retails all based outside of sgp.

Need any further elaborate?

Definitely richer than 99% of Singapore's population.
    I stand corrected. Lets move on.

But you didn't ask your neighbour whats her beef with PAP?
    Surely not just salaries alone?
    Is she still single and available?

Ok la her Supercar number plate worth an 100k or more. An old single digit.
    the siblings study local uni not becos it's cheap. but it's harder to get into one.
    If indos own bentley, Ferrari 599, panamarai, royce rolls ghost all the car plate are 1 or 9.
    Itzi rich or filthy rich?

Family biz in timber trade,shipping trade to restaurant, to retails all based outside of sgp.

Need any further elaborate?
    funny right..... she ask other pple y take so high pay.....

funny right..... she ask other pple y take so high pay.....
    why the govt sitting on their jobs,are overpaid and thinking of ways to leech on citizen money.

at least the indos are not shallow. they still care and understand the difficulties to be poor. bocz they gone through the hard way.

why the govt sitting on their jobs,are overpaid and thinking of ways to leech on citizen money.

at least the indos are not shallow. they still care and understand the difficulties to be poor. bocz they gone through the hard way.
    What she said is quite humorous. Her own family companies never keep multiple set of books? Evading tax is still the same as robbing the poor (indirectly.)

Not just cheap we are value for money. For the same pay, we are willing to work overtime in office and over weekend. Tap on us when we are still hungry. People are always happy when they have bonuses. I have asked them if you divide monthly salary by the no. of hours you spent in your work. Is this rate really worth it?
    To add on to what you say, while I was employed in Singapore in MNC, my Singaporean and Indonesian colleagues complained about high pay of Western expats. Their complaint is: We do the same job, face the same risk, and yet our pay is different.

My response was:
    If our pay is the same pay as Westerners, why would Western companies hire locals? They might as well hire other westerners, their own "kaki-lang", to come to Singapore. Same skin color, less cultural differences, easier to understand each other.
    They (foreign companies) come to Singapore because we are cheap.
    My colleagues kept quiet after my answer, though the complaints pop up once in a while, which I repeat my answer again

Don't agree with that statement. U believe they doing nothing n we get out of the financial crisis relatively fast n furiously ? They do nothing n Singapore got the most citizen house ownership in the world?

Indos definately are not shallow, the riches ones only super explode the ultra poor to work for them at next to nothing pay and bribe their way through. Y do u think they become ultra rich?

I might be wrg, On my above assumption of all rich indo , but it's base on my rich friend who told me himself.....

Don't agree with that statement. U believe they doing nothing n we get out of the financial crisis relatively fast n furiously ? They do nothing n Singapore got the most citizen house ownership in the world?

Indos definately are not shallow, the riches ones only super explode the ultra poor to work for them at next to nothing pay and bribe their way through. Y do u think they become ultra rich?

I might be wrg, On my above assumption of all rich indo , but it's base on my rich friend who told me himself.....
    bribery is common, i bet u aso bribe the realtor agent to get a low purchase price dont you.

any proof that the indo are exploding the poor to work for nothing pay.? or they are just paying at the market rates?

at least we got proof that govt is doing a good job at exploding at everyone expense. isnt it.?

........ I might be wrg, On my above assumption of all rich indo , but it's base on my rich friend who told me himself.....
    you are not wrong........ and I also not so stupid as to admit that I underreport my own income as well in public forum. I admit only to jaywalking. Perhaps Jwong should ask his neighbour, is the income reported in their annual income statements to Indonesia Tax department sufficient to buy condos, ferraris etc. I dont think so. But then it is not polite to ask a neighbour if they commit tax evasion, isn't it. That's why I am curious what's her real beef with PAP government. Jwong, let me guess, are you the one to initiate criticing PAP government in your conversation with her?