Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW 2011 CCR or OCR thread

Nobody would park hard earned money in sentosa, I won't be surprised foreigners use sentosa to clean their money
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    never...only been to seascape....vy nice development....but i dun hf few mil to park there without earning rental income

Sail not CCR then Livia is JB condos liao... Hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Personally i dun consider Sail as CCR, but that's another story. OCR price jump is everywhere. North, west, east, the whole island. Even the once sleepy. Sembawang yishun now also 800psf.

Fly too fast... I think got more than 100% increase from lowest to now. Only CCR can do that I guess.

like it anot...i tink px haven reach the peak....no signs yet...psf is misleading now....psf seems increasing but quantum almost the same for ocr.....we nid quantum to reach new level to have bubbles

and like it anot...the sail is definitely CCR....u hf ur own perception but rental psf and quantum dun tell lies....1bedder rental in D1 is comparable wif D9 1bedder of similar size....those who missed the flying boat for D1,2....just too bad for u guys

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Pardon me, being trying to dig out stats for this perhaps I din try hard enough. I remember quite clearly reading that the supply burst issue is 2013/2014 for CCR that's wyh some pple are holding on to CCR purchase in hoping the oversupply will drag down CCR prices
    There you go... for your reading

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    There you go... for your reading
    Looks like ocr is undersupply for 2011 n 2012....

haha thanks, that's what I recalled as well. Seems pretty scary for ocr condo supply in coming yrs

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    haha thanks, that's what I recalled as well. Seems pretty scary for ocr condo supply in coming yrs
    i see it differently....ccr supply looks more scary

looks like can hold on to ocr till 2014 latest?

i see it differently....ccr supply looks more scary

looks like can hold on to ocr till 2014 latest?
    that is right. OCR is a much bigger area than CCR. for a tiny speck of land with so many condos in the pipeline, CCR is definitely going to drop significantly, if not crash.

My friend's casabella has sit there for more than a year without a renter.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    that is right. OCR is a much bigger area than CCR. for a tiny speck of land with so many condos in the pipeline, CCR is definitely going to drop significantly, if not crash.

My friend's casabella has sit there for more than a year without a renter.
    how big is ur fren's unit and wats asking rental?

how big is ur fren's unit and wats asking rental?
    I am not sure. But when I visited, it appeared to be a large condo with at least 1,400 sf. I think he is asking for $4 psf.

I am not sure. But when I visited, it appeared to be a large condo with at least 1,400 sf. I think he is asking for $4 psf.
    is ur fren's unit as beautiful as this one?
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...rent-casabella

i tink 4.5k for a 3bedder can easily rent out leh....reduce abit of rental lor....or ur fren got holding power?

No undersupply lah.

When comparing supply, please do not compare 3 districts (9,10,11) with 25 districts hor. 25 districts of course got more supply lah. In fact, the land area of OCR probably more than 10 times of CCR - so is the supply 10x more? If 3 districts got more supply than 25 districts, then we're in trouble man. It means the 3 districts have become so darn congested and suffocating. While some people like to squeeze together, others might prefer more breathing space.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    No undersupply lah.

When comparing supply, please do not compare 3 districts (9,10,11) with 25 districts hor. 25 districts of course got more supply lah. In fact, the land area of OCR probably more than 10 times of CCR - so is the supply 10x more? If 3 districts got more supply than 25 districts, then we're in trouble man. It means the 3 districts have become so darn congested and suffocating. While some people like to squeeze together, others might prefer more breathing space.
    bro, i dun get u....

i say OCR undersupply for 2011 and 2012

Sidetrack:
    Those HDB flats that are going to be built, are they in CCR or OCR?
    more people stay in CCR or OCR?
    more people work in CCR or OCR?
    During morning times, more people take MRT from OCR to CCR or from CCR to OCR?

Even OCR also no undersupply... that's my view.

bro, i dun get u....

i say OCR undersupply for 2011 and 2012

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Sidetrack:
    dun try to confuse HDB wif pte

price differentiation for CCR HDB and OCR HDB is much narrower compared to condos due to restrictions and income ceiling blah blah

Even OCR also no undersupply... that's my view.
    2k+ units per year not undersupply meh?

Doesn't matter. Still doesn't change the fact that not everybody likes to squeeze into the same space surrounded by concrete. Remember, not everyone is the same as you. With MRT lines being built everywhere, getting to town is getting easier. Someone 20 minutes away by train to town gets to town faster (and looks better without makeup melting) than someone who needs to walk 10 min (and perspire like crazy) and take 10 min by train to town. Also, more commercial areas springing up outside CCR which is part of our concept plan. So, don't always live in the past okie? Must also try to think a little about our future as well.

And of course note supply - no. of people selling out at any point in time in the resale market (in addition to the launches). That part of the equation cannot be ignored as well.

D9,10 - 25 columns (2.5 pages)
    D15,16 - 25 columns
    D19,20 - 5 columns
    D23,24 - 5 columns
    D11,21 - 10 columns
    D1,2,5 - 10 columns

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Sidetrack:

Doesn't matter. Still doesn't change the fact that not everybody likes to squeeze into the same space surrounded by concrete. Remember, not everyone is the same as you. With MRT lines being built everywhere, getting to town is getting easier. Someone 20 minutes away by train to town gets to town faster (and looks better without makeup melting) than someone who needs to walk 10 min (and perspire like crazy) and take 10 min by train to town. Also, more commercial areas springing up outside CCR which is part of our concept plan. So, don't always live in the past okie? Must also try to think a little about our future as well.

And of course note supply - no. of people selling out at any point in time in the resale market (in addition to the launches). That part of the equation cannot be ignored as well.

D9,10 - 25 columns (2.5 pages)
    D15,16 - 25 columns
    D19,20 - 5 columns
    D23,24 - 5 columns
    D11,21 - 10 columns
    D1,2,5 - 10 columns
    yes, D9 and 10 are dead meat, as I have predicted for so long. if owners there want to sell, cut the prices by 20%. Otherwise, they should stop wasting our time by putting up so many ads.

yes, D9 and 10 are dead meat, as I have predicted for so long. if owners there want to sell, cut the prices by 20%. Otherwise, they should stop wasting our time by putting up so many ads.
    hehe...agts put up the ads....not owners....u can only say owners can stop dreaming of fetching gd px....

hehe...agts put up the ads....not owners....u can only say owners can stop dreaming of fetching gd px....
    yes, I know. these agents put up large ads for duchess residences on every page. for god's sake, who is going to pay $2000 psf for such condos? I would even consider $1,500 too high.

I *knew* the same arguments will come

never mind let's watch this yr and see who outperforms who.

staling, ur favorite duchess residences is currently outperforming ur carabelle ok ?

in terms of TOP yes. but in terms of selling uncompleted, just the other way. The TOP storm for OCR will arrive 2013 onwards. all those launched from mid 2009 til now are going to go online.

If you think CCR TOP party right now is scary, well, imagine what happens in 2013 onwards.

(yes I heard you OCR diehards, OCR is big enough so still no oversupply no matter what. never mind we disagree on this).

for me, from investor point of view, I'm physically reducing OCR positions and increasing CCR positions. CCR TOP party presented some opportunities, especially just before TOP.

to win the argument...one shd pick a better project as a comparison....such as a project tat is nearing TOP(3-6mths before TOP....and not going to TOP next mth)

how to compare wif one oredi TOP few yrs back vs one just TOP

buying interest will kick in just b4 and after TOP and become stale after 1yr...rotten u can call tat

in terms of TOP yes. but in terms of selling uncompleted, just the other way. The TOP storm for OCR will arrive 2013 onwards. all those launched from mid 2009 til now are going to go online.

If you think CCR TOP party right now is scary, well, imagine what happens in 2013 onwards.

(yes I heard you OCR diehards, OCR is big enough so still no oversupply no matter what. never mind we disagree on this).

for me, from investor point of view, I'm physically reducing OCR positions and increasing CCR positions. CCR TOP party presented some opportunities, especially just before TOP.
    still early for OCR.....can still grow till next yr....

as for CCR, still early to enter.....can wait till next yr

as for NOW, RCR ROCKS!!!!(certain projects only)

how to compare wif one oredi TOP few yrs back vs one just TOP
    if he knows the diff on this he would not have bet so confidently 2011 his old pj will outperform all others (yea I'm poking him)

Waste your time? U looking to buy? If not pple got $$$ to splash cannot meh? Since so lousy D9,10 y u bother?

still early for OCR.....can still grow till next yr....

as for CCR, still early to enter.....can wait till next yr
    the 4y SSD changes the rule quite significantly. which ever sector u enter, u can only look for exit 4yrs from now. what's the likely situation 4ys from now ?

CCR TOP storm is now. yes can still wait a while but this is entirely area dependent. some parts of CCR are flushed with new projects, some hardly has any. in any case MBT CM really stops a lot of interest in all sectors.

the 4y SSD changes the rule quite significantly. which ever sector u enter, u can only look for exit 4yrs from now. what's the likely situation 4ys from now ?

CCR TOP storm is now. yes can still wait a while but this is entirely area dependent. some parts of CCR are flushed with new projects, some hardly has any. in any case MBT CM really stops a lot of interest in all sectors.
    yea...but to sell ocr now in exchange for a ccr....

since got 4yrs ssd.....mabe best strategy is to hold on to our existing stocks....sell when u tink its peak or reach ur TG px and keep the hot cash

buy anything now goto wait 4yrs....by tat time, as u said...anything can happen oredi.....paper gains is just imaginary when u nvr realise it

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Waste your time? U looking to buy? If not pple got $$$ to splash cannot meh? Since so lousy D9,10 y u bother?
    yes, wasting our time. My wife is buying a car, and then the classified section of ST is cluttered with these stupid ads for D9 and 10 properties that the owners have no intention to sell (if they intend to sell, they would've cut prices by 20 or even 30% to clear stock).

I find it very interesting that in singapore, people are very blase about selling properties. They just put up ridiculous ads asking for ridiculously high prices. While they expect no one to buy at these prices, that does not prevent them from putting up the same ads asking for the same prices day in and day out.

In the west, or at least in the Americas, people put up ads only when they really intend to sell.