Page 1 of 19 1234561116 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW 2011 CCR or OCR thread

Default NEW 2011 CCR or OCR thread

Some grd rules pls.

1) no names calling pls
    2) pls sustain sharing with data.

bros whom love to share pls post here instead. The old thread can let them continue.

teddy and his mistress are not welcome here.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    teddy and his mistress are not welcome here.
    aiya

Daytonass just said let them continue over there ...

and you start it here ...!^%#^#*(&$%(*$ ahhahaha

Everyone welcome to share their views keeping to first 2 points.

Pertaining to new launches continuing to do well in OCR, it's very interesting to see if OCR will again out perform. Waterfront Isle seems to be selling well.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

My maiden contribution here:

---------------------
    PROPERTY | Staff Reporter, Singapore
    Published: 26 Jan 11

Mass-market home prices to ease 2% in 2011

The outlook for the private residential market is cautiously optimistic in 2011.
    According to Colliers International, the number of new homes sold by developers is thus expected to taper off from 2010's high to a more sustainable level in 2011, possibly hovering in the region of 10,000 units.
    Overall private residential home prices are expected to rise at a more moderate pace of 5% to 8% in 2011. Prices for mass-market homes are expected to remain stable or to ease by up to 2% while prices of mid- and high-end properties could potentially increase by up to 8%.
    On the leasing front, the expected rise in expatriate arrivals will lend support to demand, with rents potentially rising by between 5% and 8% in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Some grd rules pls.

1) no names calling pls
    2) pls sustain sharing with data.

bros whom love to share pls post here instead. The old thread can let them continue.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    My maiden contribution here:

---------------------
    PROPERTY | Staff Reporter, Singapore
    Published: 26 Jan 11

Mass-market home prices to ease 2% in 2011

The outlook for the private residential market is cautiously optimistic in 2011.
    According to Colliers International, the number of new homes sold by developers is thus expected to taper off from 2010's high to a more sustainable level in 2011, possibly hovering in the region of 10,000 units.
    Overall private residential home prices are expected to rise at a more moderate pace of 5% to 8% in 2011. Prices for mass-market homes are expected to remain stable or to ease by up to 2% while prices of mid- and high-end properties could potentially increase by up to 8%.
    On the leasing front, the expected rise in expatriate arrivals will lend support to demand, with rents potentially rising by between 5% and 8% in 2011.

Following your sharing on Paterson , Teddy did u analysis Paterson region's pricing? I think the area is quiet nice. Wat r ur thoughs on the price movement. If 2011 CCR price correct some more, say 5-8% , it will definately look more attractive relative to OCR all time peak price.

Everyone welcome to share their views keeping to first 2 points.

Pertaining to new launches continuing to do well in OCR, it's very interesting to see if OCR will again out perform. Waterfront Isle seems to be selling well.
    my personal opinion is that OCR will not perform as well (as last yr) as CCR this yr

i get the feeling govt is targetting mass mkt ..its running away too quickly .

and before HDB owners start complaining that its getting impossible to UPGRADE ... govt will implement measures that will eventually / indirectly slow down the price rally in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    my personal opinion is that OCR will not perform as well (as last yr) as CCR this yr

i get the feeling govt is targetting mass mkt ..its running away too quickly .

and before HDB owners start complaining that its getting impossible to UPGRADE ... govt will implement measures that will eventually / indirectly slow down the price rally in this sector
    Proud , u seems to own at least 1 or more property, if interest rates goes up to say avg 3.5% will it hit u hard? The qn that I m most interested to know is affordability.

The rally in OCR region issit supported by income n cash flow? Probably to sustain a lifestyle in condo n car, I m thinking min household income should be 10k. Seems like quiet a high % of pple in the 30's age band is in this category.

At the present govt stance, I do agree the price rally will not ran too far for OCR properties that are already valued at or near to 1k Psf

From an online commentary:
    -----------------

Singapore Property Market Sentiment Significantly Affected By New Measures

In a recent survey I carried out to Propwise.sg subscribers, 66% of the 269 respondents believe that the current fourth round of property control measures by the government are sufficiently harsh to prevent the formation (or worsening) of a property bubble in Singapore.

71% of the respondents believe that property prices will stay flat or go down in 2011 as a result of the measures, a sharp contrast to the majority of analysts who had forecasted continued property price appreciation for this year before the measures were announced. Many believe that the measures would severely restrict the buying pool to just new home buyers, making it difficult for investors, speculators and even some upgraders from buying.

Of the 29% of respondents who thought that prices would still continue to appreciate in 2011, the low interest rate environment, strong economy and low unemployment levels were cited as reasons for the continued strength of the market despite the measures.

31% of respondents were putting off any further property investments for the time being due to the measures, suggesting that the near term pool of buyers and thus strength of demand would be weaker going forward. On the selling side, only 7% of respondents were looking to sell their property soon before the market got worse, possibly a result of the strong balance sheet of the sellers. With buyers holding back and sellers not desperate to sell, transaction volumes are likely to plummet, making the life of a property agent difficult indeed.

The measures were also criticized by some respondents for preventing genuine buyers and upgraders from making their purchases. The high amount of cash required to buy the second property would present a significant stumbling block for the average Singaporean.

Investors would also be forced to think hard about keeping their property for the long term as they cannot expect to flip it for a profit upon TOP as they did in the past – their focus will have to shift from capital appreciation to rental yield. Also, with the higher downpayment requirement for a second and greater mortgage, the return on capital will have declined, making property a less attractive investment for some.

There was also some feedback about how the measures have not differentiated between locals and foreigners. In fact, some believe the measures actually tilt the playing field in favour of cash-rich foreigners who could then take advantage of any weakness in the market to pick up more properties at bargain prices.
    Interestingly, long term investors have not been deterred by the measures – 55% of the respondents were keen on making a property investment if prices fell. The main issue was on how severe the fall in prices would be. Unless there was an external crisis of some sort, the situation was not likely to be as bad as during the Asian Crisis post-1998 due to the ample liquidity in the system. Some respondents thought a fall in prices of 10% to 15% would be sufficient to lure them back into the market.
    Some interesting comments from respondents

“As long as Singapore economy is still doing well and the low interest rate environment is still there, property will continue to do well too. Unemployment is very low plus incremental wages are all fee good factors. Don’t forget, stock market will continue to do well this year as Asia is still booming.”

Buyers of shoe-box units (cubicles) of 350 to 500 sq ft (Mickey Mouse units) are another significant culprit contributing to rising property prices. Though the quantum payment is small and hence affordable, in terms of $psf, it is a quantum leap. This gives the developers the boldness to keep raising their prices to well beyond $1,000 psf even in far-flung places as Choa Chu Kang and Yishun on 99-year leasehold land. The government should therefore forbid the building of homes below a certain built-in area. Having said all this, I am more than convinced that current prices are highly inflated and not sustainable.”

“I think it is not so much of preventing a property bubble as we are already in a bubble. It should be more of how to downsize/deflate the bubble gradually without bursting it.”

“Now that I can no longer make money investing on properties in Singapore, I will be looking more actively on overseas properties (ie. UK).”
    “Speculators’ sentiments will be dampened but hopefully first-time buyers and cash-rich upgraders will benefit from this move. ”
    “Unlike 96 and 07, the market today is flooded with cash. There is enough liquidity now to see prices going up for a while, at least for this year. After that, anyway, it’s 2012. We need not worry about property prices when the world is coming to an end, do we?”

Thanks to all who participated in the survey – I hope the results are interesting and beneficial to all. Have further (respectful and considered) thoughts and opinions? Add them to the comments below!

At the slightly over 1k Psf, some RCR looks pretty good also.

UNIT AT QUEENS SELLS AT $1,148*PSF
    Posted by luxuryasiahome on February 6, 2011 · Leave a Comment*
    Homeowners who have kept their units at Queens since their launch in 2000 have seen prices appreciate over the years. Recently, some took the opportunity to cash out as prices climbed above $1,100 psf, booking gains of more than 50%.
    Last year, prices hit a high of $1,284 psf when a 914 sq ft unit on the 38th floor was sold for $1.175 million in November. This is close to the peak of $1,328 psf when a 1,237 sq ft unit on the 38th floor was sold for $1.644 million in August 2000.
    The 722-unit, 99-year leasehold Queens comprises three 39-storey towers. Located along Stirling Road and just a short walk to the Queenstown MRT station, the condominium was developed by Allgreen Properties and completed in 2002. Danny Jang, an agent with Zonelink, says the condo is popular with families as it is near good schools such as Global Indian International School, Tisch School of the Arts Asia, and Crescent Girl’s School. It is also near eateries and shops at IKEA, Queensway Shopping Centre, Anchorpoint and car show rooms along Alexandra Road.
    Jang, who is marketing a 1,195 sq ft, three-bedroom unit for $1,255 psf, says there continues to be good buying interest in the property. “You can’t get this kind of pricing for homes in this area.” For instance, the most recent transaction at the 382-unit The Metropolitan Condominium along Alexander View Road was for a 1,033 sq ft unit on the 22nd floor for $1.3 million ($1,276 psf) on Dec 30. Jang says the two-year-old The Metropolitan probably commands a higher price as the development is newer and its units come with balconies. The older units at Queens do not have balconies.
    Jang notes that another reason for strong interest in Queens is the healthy rental yield — a three-bedroom unit fetches about $4,600 to $5,000 a month. “There are a number of Japanese tenants in the condo. Queens tends to attract interest from Japanese expatriates.” Thomas Gay, a property agent with DTZ who is marketing a three-bedroom unit at $4,800 a month, concurs with Jang.
    There were three transactions at Queens on Jan 4, with prices ranging from $1,055 to $1,148 psf. A 1,194.8 sq ft, three-bedroom unit on the 9th floor changed hands at $1.26 million ($1,055 psf). That’s a 48% gain for the previous owner who bought the unit for $850,000 ($711 psf) in 2000.
    Meanwhile, a 914 sq ft, two-bedroom unit on the 11th floor was sold for $1.05 million ($1,148 psf). That represents a gain of 60% for the seller who purchased the unit for $657,000 ($718 psf) in 2000.
    On another block, a 1,194.8 sq ft unit on the 17th floor was sold for $1.3 million ($1,088 psf), translating to an 83% gain for the seller who paid $710,000 ($594 psf) for it in 2002.
    Source : The Edge – 31 Jan 2011

Proud , u seems to own at least 1 or more property, if interest rates goes up to say avg 3.5% will it hit u hard? The qn that I m most interested to know is affordability.

The rally in OCR region issit supported by income n cash flow? Probably to sustain a lifestyle in condo n car, I m thinking min household income should be 10k. Seems like quiet a high % of pple in the 30's age band is in this category.

At the present govt stance, I do agree the price rally will not ran too far for OCR properties that are already valued at or near to 1k Psf
    personally i will be ok ..even rates go to 3.5pct ...

i have written this many yrs ago in my early post in this forum : greed and fear

greed makes people rush in to buy .. follow the crowd / herd instinct
    fear holds people back from selling ( what is it goes higher)
    fear holds people back from buying ( what is it collapses tmr)

if you can understand the above ... and consciously NOT fall into it .. do your sums . test with numbers ... and if you can pass those tests ..then you know you are fine and can comfortably go in and buy / sell

i am not familiar with the $$ situations are of majority ... but i constantly fear and worry for those so call UPGRADERS ... they probably dont understand or have a different opinion of the meaning of UPGRADING ..

like selling HDB to buy a condo in his own HDB estate .. 99LH condos ... paying double the price for a same size condo ...
    to me thats not upgrading

Or , in order to upgrade, but due to $$ constraint, end up buying smaller condos ... in the same location ...

i worry for them .. cos when the dip comes ... they stand to lose the most

there are those who sell HDB and buy a MM condo in CCR ... ok ..to some degree..thats upgrading ...at least to a better location ...

as to whether 10k household income is sufficient to withstand a rise in mortgage ..it really depends on the mortgage amt ... and if there are other commitments ..

i feel 10k is a little tight ... considering the cost of living in singapore has gone up significantly in the last few years

then again i have friends...couple with no kids...both working as air steward/stewardess ... the can afford a condo + a brand new porsche .. i blur ahahhaha

just hope people do their sums first ...

anywya ...govt wont step in ..if the people can afford right?

fact that we have a few measures now .. i am pretty certain they have enuff evidents that people are over stretched ...

Yes, I am very familiar with the whole of Orchard area, not just Paterson area. Long-term wise it is worth investing (property investment is for long-term away, short-term would be better off with equities and derivatives).
    If we look at Paterson Suites at $25xx psf (poor facing units) vs The Vision@West Coast selling about $1200 psf or Crabelle selling at $9xx psf, which is much more value and under-valued is very obvious.

Following your sharing on Paterson , Teddy did u analysis Paterson region's pricing? I think the area is quiet nice. Wat r ur thoughs on the price movement. If 2011 CCR price correct some more, say 5-8% , it will definately look more attractive relative to OCR all time peak price.

OCR will continue to perform if supported by rental demand. An illustration of how rental affects condo prices can be seen in Queens (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prope...tinue-to-rise). If condos in the CCR do not have rental demand to back it up, investors will want to park their money in places that offer better yield. Some might argue that the prospects of cap appreciation is higher in the CCR, but would prices be driven up senselessly in the CCR now with cooling measures in place against speculation? Buyers would want to justify their purchases with something solid such as rental demand and yield, which explains why condos in the OCR will continue to see an uptrend due to rental demand.

Yes, I am very familiar with the whole of Orchard area, not just Paterson area. Long-term wise it is worth investing (property investment is for long-term away, short-term would be better off with equities and derivatives).
    If we look at Paterson Suites at $25xx psf (poor facing units) vs The Vision@West Coast selling about $1200 psf or Crabelle selling at $9xx psf, which is much more value and under-valued is very obvious.
    At wat price Psf would u buy into Paterson development. Avg price?

Generally agreed with your concern and comments. I am also concerned for the HDB upgraders upgrading to condos in same heartland housing estate at >$1000 psf! Their "upgrading" is not just paying double but almost tripled their HDB flats prices in $PSF! Many of these are the over-stretched lot lured by the low interest rates and thinking of easy money to be earned from properties. Many I believe simultaneous held on their HDB flats when they can ill-afford to hold both especially when interest rate raises. If we look at how hot the new launch sales are while the resale prices are laggards, there are reasons to believe many of these people are just buying to flip without having to pay down in full the downpayments and loan drawn-down.

personally i will be ok ..even rates go to 3.5pct ...

i have written this many yrs ago in my early post in this forum : greed and fear

greed makes people rush in to buy .. follow the crowd / herd instinct
    fear holds people back from selling ( what is it goes higher)
    fear holds people back from buying ( what is it collapses tmr)

if you can understand the above ... and consciously NOT fall into it .. do your sums . test with numbers ... and if you can pass those tests ..then you know you are fine and can comfortably go in and buy / sell

i am not familiar with the $$ situations are of majority ... but i constantly fear and worry for those so call UPGRADERS ... they probably dont understand or have a different opinion of the meaning of UPGRADING ..

like selling HDB to buy a condo in his own HDB estate .. 99LH condos ... paying double the price for a same size condo ...
    to me thats not upgrading

Or , in order to upgrade, but due to $$ constraint, end up buying smaller condos ... in the same location ...

i worry for them .. cos when the dip comes ... they stand to lose the most

there are those who sell HDB and buy a MM condo in CCR ... ok ..to some degree..thats upgrading ...at least to a better location ...

as to whether 10k household income is sufficient to withstand a rise in mortgage ..it really depends on the mortgage amt ... and if there are other commitments ..

i feel 10k is a little tight ... considering the cost of living in singapore has gone up significantly in the last few years

then again i have friends...couple with no kids...both working as air steward/stewardess ... the can afford a condo + a brand new porsche .. i blur ahahhaha

just hope people do their sums first ...

anywya ...govt wont step in ..if the people can afford right?

fact that we have a few measures now .. i am pretty certain they have enuff evidents that people are over stretched ...

Can't really say and I would avoid to name a price in case I am blamed for misleading / making you lose money.
    Furthermore, there are a few developments there and their values varies according to the attractiveness of the estates.

At wat price Psf would u buy into Paterson development. Avg price?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    OCR will continue to perform if supported by rental demand. An illustration of how rental affects condo prices can be seen in Queens (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prope...tinue-to-rise). If condos in the CCR do not have rental demand to back it up, investors will want to park their money in places that offer better yield. Some might argue that the prospects of cap appreciation is higher in the CCR, but would prices be driven up senselessly in the CCR now with cooling measures in place against speculation? Buyers would want to justify their purchases with something solid such as rental demand and yield, which explains why condos in the OCR will continue to see an uptrend due to rental demand.
    i read the link on Queens ..
    it said a 9th flr unit was sold for 1.26mio = 1055 psf ...
    but i know a 7th flr was sold at 12xx psf last yr ... does it mean prices actually lower ?

so has buying returned becos prices has fallen ?

any idea how big is the 3 bedroom ?
    could it be the 3 bedrooms are bigger hence can fetch a higher rent ?

Prices for a resale condo tend to be erratic, meaning lower floors can sometimes sell higher than higher floors coz buyers and sellers do not always have excess to info. I think a more accurate way is to look at the median transacted psf for the project
    i read the link on Queens ..
    it said a 9th flr unit was sold for 1.26mio = 1055 psf ...
    but i know a 7th flr was sold at 12xx psf last yr ... does it mean prices actually lower ?

so has buying returned becos prices has fallen ?

any idea how big is the 3 bedroom ?
    could it be the 3 bedrooms are bigger hence can fetch a higher rent ?

Can't really say and I would avoid to name a price in case I am blamed for misleading / making you lose money.
    Furthermore, there are a few developments there and their values varies according to the attractiveness of the estates.
    No worries abt that. I saw a transaction at Paterson residence in Jan for 2100++ Psf for a 1500sqft property. Though it's a good buy. Want your opinion for reference.

Wah! Next time got such deal let me know!
    My opinion is Paterson Residence and Paterson Suites should roughly transact at about same $PSF.

No worries abt that. I saw a transaction at Paterson residence in Jan for 2100++ Psf for a 1500sqft property. Though it's a good buy. Want your opinion for reference.

[quote=teddybear]Yes, I am very familiar with the whole of Orchard area, not just Paterson area. Long-term wise it is worth investing (property investment is for long-term away, short-term would be better off with equities and derivatives).

How about Waterscape @ Cavenagh, can buy? The units don't seem to be selling. The price for a low flr pool facing unit of around 1300sf is around~1700 psf which is generally lower compared to the other D9 developments. Seems to me like an OCR within the CCR.

[quote=saab-93]

How about Waterscape @ Cavenagh, can buy? The units don't seem to be selling. The price for a low flr pool facing unit of around 1300sf is around~1700 psf which is generally lower compared to the other D9 developments. Seems to me like an OCR within the CCR.
    the new saab95 pretty macho....but vy obscure brand here

Pardon me saying - That place not worth it. You go and take a look you will know. That place those facing Instana most likely will get hit with security screens or restrictions of windows opening etc, while directly behind is that big wide CTE! Front road during big events (e.g. AP Forum) will be closed for specific hours. I still don't know how residents can get in and out when road closed.

Quote Originally Posted by saab-93

[quote=devilplate]

the new saab95 pretty macho....but vy obscure brand here
    For the price it is going for, it will remain obscure!!!

[quote=saab-93]
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

For the price it is going for, it will remain obscure!!!
    ya lor...similar price to audi a4 2.0T....LOL

Pardon me saying - That place not worth it. You go and take a look you will know. That place those facing Instana most likely will get hit with security screens or restrictions of windows opening etc, while directly behind is that big wide CTE! Front road during big events (e.g. AP Forum) will be closed for specific hours. I still don't know how residents can get in and out when road closed.
    No worries no offence taken. Firesale upon TOP you reckon?

I was just wondering it may be worth it for own stay taking into consideration that it is quite close to Orchard Road and pretty accessible to particular anywhere.

Firesale I am not sure. Buyers in Orchard usually have holding power, so firesales are rare. My opinion is that place is a poorer cousin to Claymore/Ardmore and Paterson area. Unless that place the $PSF is so much cheaper than the other areas and you want for own stay, otherwise the other area is better buy. Rental seems to be better at other side too.

No worries no offence taken. Firesale upon TOP you reckon?

I was just wondering it may be worth it for own stay taking into consideration that it is quite close to Orchard Road and pretty accessible to particular anywhere.

Firesale I am not sure. Buyers in Orchard usually have holding power, so firesales are rare. My opinion is that place is a poorer cousin to Claymore/Ardmore and Paterson area. Unless that place the $PSF is so much cheaper than the other areas and you want for own stay, otherwise the other area is better buy. Rental seems to be better at other side too.
    Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    OCR will continue to perform if supported by rental demand..
    When u say "perform", are u saying OCR projects that had already jumped 40 to 50% in 2009-10, or those already launched at 1kpsf, will continue "perform" another 10-20% ? I mean, really, Jurong at 1200 psf ?

I dun question the genuine demand for OCR mass market projects. The question is, has it reached a level that's simply not affordable anymore for the mass market ?

Prime segment has no real affordability issue. It's all sentiment driven. Once the feel good factor is in, another 10% is easily achievable. Most of these projects are still 10% below 2007 level.

yaay i found a nice place for a reasonable price, next to a great school, 5000 land area and 3300 built up.

let's see how the viewing goes this weekend

P.S. got such thing as 9999 years LH meh? also any lau chiaus can advise what to look out for if wanna lup swimming pool in garden?