Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dilemma for genuine home buyers

Quote Originally Posted by novel
    they are working hard to save more $$ lah but they are hoping the price to drop to $700+ (year 2008/9) but I told them its errhmm..quite difficult.
    They started hoping since 2009 the price went up to $800~$900psf they said "crazy" then 2010 went up to $1000psf still dun come down...so must "wait" how many years for price to come down to $700psf?
    the only thing is to pray.......

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    so money, car, buried together with coffin?

or burn real money instead of hell money
    not really concerned about where my $$ will go...but more concerned about my children to work hard for the things they want to achieve instead of just having all things come to them easy.

The younger generation nowadays are quite self centered and pampered.

Are you a parent yourself?

not really concerned about where my $$ will go...but more concerned about my children to work hard for the things they want to achieve instead of just having all things come to them easy.

The younger generation nowadays are quite self centered and pampered.

Are you a parent yourself?
    yup, won't pamper the kids. but when me and missus kicked the bucket, all will go to the kids - none to charities.

I won't leave a single cent to my kids. But I will teach them all my knowledge in property investment and financial management. I have confidence that they have the intelligence to observe and grasp what I've been practising over the years.

I'll continue to reinvest my 1st bucket of gold earned from my property investment in the past few years. Hope very soon I can support all the good causes and help people around me who are in need.

The ultimate proof of financial success is the ability to give back to society. The only value of money is to help people in need in time. You never "possess" but you "manage" your money.

New estate! Otherwise last year also can buy already!
    It will take a great disaster/event for the price to fall from peak before low psf can happened. Me actually praying something to happen.....

Now got bullets but holding.... Waiting patiently under the tree....

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    if i were your friend's parent, i would just give your friend a good education and make him work for his own home. I never believe in buying homes for children as they have to buy and make their own home and family.
    I got another friend's uncle inherited 3 properties and just collect rental so never need to work in his life. With the steady rental income the uncle went on to buy more properties and huat during the property boom in 2006...

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I got another friend's uncle inherited 3 properties and just collect rental so never need to work in his life. With the steady rental income the uncle went on to buy more properties and huat during the property boom in 2006...
    This uncle is fated to huat. Inherited @ the right time, went in again @ the right time.

Not giving a single cent a bit extreme lah, I do agree that returning to society is important. We must be careful of those running charities if we are donating to charities, otherwise your money end up going to golden taps and fat bonuses of 'ceos'
    Quote Originally Posted by vip
    I won't leave a single cent to my kids. But I will teach them all my knowledge in property investment and financial management. I have confidence that they have the intelligence to observe and grasp what I've been practising over the years.

I'll continue to reinvest my 1st bucket of gold earned from my property investment in the past few years. Hope very soon I can support all the good causes and help people around me who are in need.

The ultimate proof of financial success is the ability to give back to society. The only value of money is to help people in need in time. You never "possess" but you "manage" your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    if i were your friend's parent, i would just give your friend a good education and make him work for his own home. I never believe in buying homes for children as they have to buy and make their own home and family.
    education need to invest by default and will still pass them the house when we expire. this is the norm these days.

i believe in spending time with kids and shape their values.
    Last edited by rattydrama; 10-02-11 at 22:26.

i believe in passing my pet turtle to my kids since the turtle can outlive me..