Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Singaporeans spend half of their lives paying off condo loan

Default Singaporeans spend half of their lives paying off condo loan

It's 36.4 years on average - longest period in the world...

凤凰网财经 > 港股 > 市场快讯 > 正文

全球工薪族买房:新加坡需36.4年时间最漫长

2010年07月13日 11:29财华网 】 【打印共有评论1
    财华社深圳新闻中心

据外电报道,俄罗斯一家国际房地产咨询公司最新公布的研究报告显示,全球36个城市的工薪阶层当“房奴”的时间存在很大不同。以用工资购买一套70平方米的公寓为标准,柏林人付清全部房款的时间最短,平均只有3年,而新加坡人所需时间最长,是柏林人的12倍。

戈登洛克公司媒体部负责人表示,此项研究的数据来源于该公司设在各地的房产代理商提供的当地房价和人均收入,研究共进行了3个月时间。研究者们以购买一处地处城郊住宅区、面积为70平方米公寓的平均售价为标准,研究选择的年收入数据也是多国大城市的中层收入水平居民的平均年收入。该负责人表示,公司此举是为了真实了解世界各大城市居民的住房开支情况,把住房开支与工作收入挂钩,用工作年限来衡量住房价格。

根据戈登洛克公司的统计,柏林市民只需连续工作3年,用攒下的工资就可以购买一套标准住房。柏林人如此迅速地就能攒够钱买房,主要是由于柏林的房价与其他欧洲大城市相比实在是便宜,当地普通住房的售价每平方米大约只有1000美元,而大部分欧洲国家首都的房价远远高出这个价。欧洲其他首都城市的居民购买一套标准住房攒钱的时间都比柏林居民长,稍微接近的赫尔辛基、维也纳等城市也都高出柏林一倍以上,大部分欧洲大城市的居民购买一套标准住房仍需连续工作10到14年。

在戈登洛克公司调查的部分亚洲城市中,泰国曼谷人攒钱买房的时间最短,只需不到7年,尽管曼谷居民的工资很低,但当地的普通房价也相当便宜,每平方米只有500多美元。日本东京的房价仅次于瑞士苏黎世,每平方米高达7000美元,所以年收入可观的东京人也需要攒近16年时间的工资才能负担一套普通住房中国香港和韩国首尔的居民买房的时间则更长一些,需要约20年。

相比之下,新加坡人当“房奴”的时间则最漫长,与其他城市相比,房价高,收入却不高,造成新加坡人至少需要攒36.4年的工资才能买一套房子。位于大洋洲的悉尼房价也较高,约6000美元一平米,因此当地居民攒钱买房的时间也不短,需要16.3年。

免责声明:本文仅代表作者个人观点,与凤凰网无关。其原创性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容、文字的真实性、完整性、及时性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并请自行核实相关内容。

But most get rewarded for having a bigger debt. Singapore most rewarding?

How about HDB's?

Does the report include the repayment period of HDB units?

Looking at the report, it data is gathered from "房产代理商" of a "70平方米" unit in "城郊".

70sqm is 3rm HDB flat right? need 36.4yrs to repay OCR 3rm flat meh?

Not fair to use average income to calculate repayment tenure for private prpoerties which only 20% of population stay in....

It's referring to condos. But it still applies to the middle class base on a simplistic estimation:

Assume a couple earning >$10k buys a 2-bedroom $800k condo because they are barred from buying HDB/DBSS/EC, and using interest rate of 3% over 35 years and $0 downpayment:

Monthly instalment: $3100
    Monthly property tax: $100
    Total monthly they have to pay $3.2k, which is about the recommended level by financial planner based on $10k gross income.

Bro, no offense, re this " article", u 1st time reading Chinese "news" ?

ah! another abnormality in singapore. The average singaporean doesn't not stay in a private flat. An average singaporean stays in a HDB flat.

The survey does not take the abnormality into consideration. If the survey is based on the no of years a household with average income, takes to repay a high end apt (one which the top 20% of households stays), that would be fair. That's what the survey is measuring in S'pore's case.

Those average income people buying 600-8xxk hdb flats must be the dumbest lot, spending half their lives paying for hdb property
    Quote Originally Posted by sh
    ah! another abnormality in singapore. The average singaporean doesn't not stay in a private flat. An average singaporean stays in a HDB flat.

The survey does not take the abnormality into consideration. If the survey is based on the no of years a household with average income, takes to repay a high end apt (one which the top 20% of households stays), that would be fair. That's what the survey is measuring in S'pore's case.

I think it's okay as you live only once. Living in a condo is many Singaporean's dream. But it comes at a great cost...

Some hdbs more expensive than condo and buyers pay so much without any private facilities to enjoy, what a strange lot
    Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I think it's okay as you live only once. Living in a condo is many Singaporean's dream. But it comes at a great cost...

Its also about cap appreciation. If rented out, someone is paying for you. Its one of the fastest in this part of asian and there is still room for the psf price to move further.

so 34 years or 100 years is not important, can just down grade to HDB, move overseas or even pass down to yr children.

My mother's 30 yr old 5 rm flat at buona vista area can sell for more than 700k, how many more generations can it go and even if thee is en bloc, doesn't benefit owners at all, so what can you say about people who buy my mothers flay?
    Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Its also about cap appreciation. If rented out, someone is paying for you. Its one of the fastest in this part of asian and there is still room for the psf price to move further.

so 34 years or 100 years is not important, can just down grade to HDB, move overseas or even pass down to yr children.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    My mother's 30 yr old 5 rm flat at buona vista area can sell for more than 700k, how many more generations can it go and even if thee is en bloc, doesn't benefit owners at all, so what can you say about people who buy my mothers flay?
    Buying for locations and future sers program.
    Its about location. Not too long ago in 2009 someone here bought HDB 5room flat for 500k plus in Holland Village #05 level, I think can easily fetch 700k. That is today’s market price.

how many can pay off 350k full cash 20 years ago? In today's market I am very sure there are many, at least for the 20% population who are currently staying in private apartment right now.

That calls for 700k HDB lor.

If a joker comes along and buys a flat at 7xxk to 800k just before sers, I don't see how the person would get to benefit much as a new flat would be cheaper than his original purchase price
    Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Buying for locations and future sers program.
    Its about location. Not too long ago in 2009 someone here bought HDB 5room flat for 500k plus in Holland Village #05 level, I think can easily fetch 700k. That is today’s market price.

If a joker comes along and buys a flat at 7xxk to 800k just before sers, I don't see how the person would get to benefit much as a new flat would be cheaper than his original purchase price
    agreed. I think more for long term not short term. HDB buyers' mentality is different.

Those average income people buying 600-8xxk hdb flats must be the dumbest lot, spending half their lives paying for hdb property
    Cant say that they are dumb yet.... only time can tell.

Maybe years from now, the 600k HDB become 1mil. Their kids grow up, they downgrade to 3rm flat, pocketing the difference. Not a bad way to retire.....

the 4 room hdb flat that was transacted recently at 628k in bukit batok central, I don't see how it will ever go up to 1mil even 10 years from now.
    Cant say that they are dumb yet.... only time can tell.

Maybe years from now, the 600k HDB become 1mil. Their kids grow up, they downgrade to 3rm flat, pocketing the difference. Not a bad way to retire.....

the 4 room hdb flat that was transacted recently at 628k in bukit batok central, I don't see how it will ever go up to 1mil even 10 years from now.
    ok... I see your point. Must be something damn nice about that flat.... Bukit Batok somemore.....

But you never know. Property prices are known to have doubled over 10 yrs, sometimes even less.

But some hdb flats do have that million dollar view that many will die for....

Some pics taken from the 40th floor of The Great Wall of Toa Payoh.

View from top floor of blk813, Lavender Gardens.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

er...not nice ....

Very nice, pictures from your unit?

wah. your standard very high.

Anything that is unblocked is considered "nice"...

er...i mean the view alone doesnt worth a million lor....

so far...Sail's bayview, sentosa seaview and greenary view at raintree worth a million....mabe can squeeze in the view at concourse skyline as well

nice based on that estate, can't expect tpy to have sea view or bukit timah view, right?

How about view from the iconic round tower of AMK?

you go around collecting "views"?

Personally, I prefer city views. More things to look at. Seaviews - big patch of blue... quite boring....

How about view from the iconic round tower of AMK?
    much nicer....i like nature views

NZ/aussie plenty though....they see till sian...LOL

Great views.

Same space within, different common space only. Half price and full price...

frankly, I think most singapore view is not pretty.

what is so scenic about blocks of flats?? singapore got no mountain.... even the sea is dirty green in color....