Thread: Election at end March/Early April?

Default Election at end March/Early April?

As observed from past elections, there will be alot of "national ads" from various garment agencies to promote "how good singapore are" roughly 4~6 weeks before election. Somehow, these kinds of "national ads will for sure help tp remind voters how good garment is...

Recently, noticed some "national" ads, video (home) start appearing liao. Very soon, am expecting more garment agency ads on tv to appear.

My take: 26 Mar / 5 Apr Election date

Any other taker/guess?

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    As observed from past elections, there will be alot of "national ads" from various garment agencies to promote "how good singapore are" roughly 4~6 weeks before election. Somehow, these kinds of "national ads will for sure help tp remind voters how good garment is...

Recently, noticed some "national" ads, video (home) start appearing liao. Very soon, am expecting more garment agency ads on tv to appear.

My take: 26 Mar / 5 Apr Election date

Any other taker/guess?
    I think it may be a sat, so that schools can be free to be used as polling stations. My guess is either 23rd Apr, 30th Apr or 7th May

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    I think it may be a sat, so that schools can be free to be used as polling stations. My guess is either 23rd Apr, 30th Apr or 7th May
    Hmmm if happened in late apr, garment agencies have to play ads over long period on tv. think it will be about 10 weeks wor... siaoz liao... have to endure those super duper boring ads for longer duration....

June holidays
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Someone told me it will be within the March school holidays, as local parents will be out of Singapore taking their children on vacation, hence, there will be lesser locals with "angry" votes.

My take then is 18 March.

I would place it around end May to early June, when the school term is just over and the schools can be used as pooling stations.

now i have a set of nos to buy tonight's toto maga draw liao..LOL

Hmm..... the skool hols in March?

i dun tink so soon....i guess June

yup i guess june also when schools are closed and they can use school compounds... and this year budget sure announce alot of goodies esp for lower class people cause election coming, fresh in people mind...

Last 2 elections dates...

http://www.elections.gov.sg/election...iamentary.html

2006, Nomination on 27/04/2006 , Polling on 06/05/2006

2001, Nomination on 25/10/2001, Polling on 03/11/2001

I think it is June 2011.

Yeah, I think June 2011 a more likely date. Takes a little time for the buget goodies news to trickle down to the plebian masses

Won't be surprised PAP spring a surprise and call for election very soon amidst opposition turmoil.

Reform Party resignations due to power tussle
    By Teo Xuanwei, TODAY | Posted: 24 February 2011 0000 hrs
    Photos 1 of 1 " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" width=18 height=15 type=image>
    Kenneth Jeyaretnam Related News Nine members leave Reform Party

SINGAPORE: The mass resignations from the Reform Party (RP), which have cast a dark shadow over RP's preparations for the coming General Election (GE), was due to a tussle for party chief Kenneth Jeyaretnam's position, according to Mr Jeyaretnam himself.

It also involves a S$400 hong bao (red packet), which was given to a central executive committee (CEC) member who was involved in a decision to bar certain prospective election candidates from attending a meeting.

After media reports emerged of the departures of nine RP members, including five CEC members, Mr Jeyaretnam laid out on Wednesday, the circumstances leading to the resignations in a three-page statement in the name of "transparency".

Contacted by MediaCorp, Ms Hazel Poa, who was among the group who resigned, confirmed that her husband, Mr Tony Tan, had indeed given the hong bao to a CEC member.

But the couple stressed in a statement that "there was absolutely no bribery involved".

She explained that the hong bao was meant for the CEC member's children for the Lunar New Year and that the couple had done the same thing last year.

my guess is after Q2

looks like most think jun is the time...
    if we happened to be out of town for vacation and election poll date happens to be within your vacaton period. how?

Might be end of May when the school holiday starts, or a week before the holiday starts.

Electoral Boundaries report for next GE released
    http://sg.yfittopostblog.com/2011/02...t-ge-released/

In 2006 election, the polls were held on 6 May 2006, two months after the report was released.

In 2001, elections were held a mere 18 days after the report was released.

In 1997, the General Election came just six weeks after the report.

In 2011, how?

End Mar or Early April?

In 2006 election, the polls were held on 6 May 2006, two months after the report was released.

In 2001, elections were held a mere 18 days after the report was released.

In 1997, the General Election came just six weeks after the report.

In 2011, how?

End Mar or Early April?

i think end May

PM and DPM 6 man GRCs are sure win...., need to safeguard that PM and DPM Teo are confirmed back in power...for next Government..., make political sense...or...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...112739/1/.html

"....The large six-man GRCs have been reduced significantly to just two from five.

The two remaining are the Prime Minister's GRC of Ang Mo Kio and Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Teo Chee Hean's GRC of Pasir Ris-Punggol.

Pasir Ris-Punggol has 204,845 voters while Ang Mo Kio has 171,080."

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    PM and DPM 6 man GRCs are sure win...., need to safeguard that PM and DPM Teo are confirmed back in power...for next Government..., make political sense...or...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...112739/1/.html

"....The large six-man GRCs have been reduced significantly to just two from five.

The two remaining are the Prime Minister's GRC of Ang Mo Kio and Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister Teo Chee Hean's GRC of Pasir Ris-Punggol.

Pasir Ris-Punggol has 204,845 voters while Ang Mo Kio has 171,080."
    Poor jalan besar GRC, now kana potong into few pieces....

Poor jalan besar GRC, now kana potong into few pieces....
    This may be one of the reason why Jalan Besar get chopped up:

"Jalan Besar GRC has been headed by Minister for the Environment and Water Resources Yaacob Ibrahim since Dr Lee Boon Yang retired from the Cabinet on 1st April 2009"

No more old guard, Dr Lee Boon Yang, there..., am sure if Dr Lee still around..this GRC will remain intact..

No more once in 50 years flood either

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    No more once in 50 years flood either
    Honest mistake, let's move on
    Also there is no perfect "longkang system" wor...

Honest mistake, let's move on
    Also there is no perfect "longkang system" wor...
    Ya, agree, ministers and MP rely on PUB professional engineers to design according to well documented rainfall charts...according to their profession. Who dare to design over and above safety of factor and risk the getting fired for wasting public funds....., no one can predict....nature

looks like "erection" will be around may/jun wor based on most reports on MSM.
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Looks like Opposition had put aside any differences and negative news and cooperate.

http://sg.yfittopostblog.com/2011/03...de-opposition/

All areas will be contested. No walkovers for once.

Most likely the ruling party will lose a few more seats. Many locals are now not so convinced about their policies, given their high salaries and large number of administrative support provided.