Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: condo vs landed property choice

prices of landed properties have gone up because of buying by immigrants. I have several colleagues who are prc chinese that have bought landed properties. mainland chinese think these landed properties can one day be allowed to turn into multi-storey apartments to enrich the original owners. that is what happened in china.

I told them that is not going to happen in singapore, given the strict zoning laws here.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    If don't want to climb stairs, can get a single storey landed, problem solved
    For that you'll need enough land - at least 2000 sq ft or above (cos it has to include the garden, the porch etc)

Assuming it's only 1k psf, you can get a bigger condo unit (by this I mean livable space since you need not set aside land for parking / garden / landscaping) for 2 million dollars with better views / location / facilities

You can even get a massive single storey penthouse around 3000 sq ft at the top