Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 5 of 62

Thread: condo vs landed property choice

  1. #1
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default condo vs landed property choice

    I am really very curious, will anyone choose condo/apt over landed properties assuming not much price differential? It seems like landed is the only way to go and those who cannot afford landed will buy condo? If one can afford landed, they will definitely choose landed for every reasons??

  2. #2
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Default

    This is an interesting nugget.
    All my friends who grew up in landed (and who can afford landed) are staying in condos. And these bunch add up to ten or so.

  3. #3
    Junior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    This is an interesting nugget.
    All my friends who grew up in landed (and who can afford landed) are staying in condos. And these bunch add up to ten or so.
    landed as in terrace house? or higher class of landed.

  4. #4
    Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    there are always various lifestyle considerations. capital appreciation (ie money) is not everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by ocoloco79
    I am really very curious, will anyone choose condo/apt over landed properties assuming not much price differential? It seems like landed is the only way to go and those who cannot afford landed will buy condo? If one can afford landed, they will definitely choose landed for every reasons??

  5. #5
    Emeritus Senior

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    there are always various lifestyle considerations. capital appreciation (ie money) is not everything.
    if you stayed in a landed before, you'll yearn for a condo. And vice versa.

    Too many pros and cons of each. (maybe get a townhouse in a condo)

    I've asked a multi-millionaire friend and he told me he actually would prefer a well-managed condo than a GCB

    to each his own but i find that it's those older generation Singaporeans (who wants people to know they've made it) who buy the landed

    younger ones, though they have the budget, prefer better located condos

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •