Thread: HEADACHE

Default HEADACHE

As part of the S&P agreement, I am to rent to
    the owner for 1 month after legal completion.
    Now, the short lease is up but the ex-owner just
    by himself take his own decision to extend the lease
    for 1 week but without any rental to me for the period.
    What legal recourse do I have?

Pls help.

Did an agent handle the transaction for you? Get his or her help to kick ex owner out. Otherwise change the lock. Report to condo security if any to disallow him into the complex.

Just wondering inform your lawyer to notify his lawyer for help is possible?

Live and let live, if just for another week i will just let that guy stay on... Unless there are some compelling reasons that 1 week is that important to me (waiting to move in, starting reno etc etc...)

I would think the time spent with lawyer, arguing with the previous owner would be better spent.

My personal opinion anyway....

Sometimes these people can take u for granted hence it's better to sound displeasure than keeping quiet. What if for another week and another?

Act blur and say actually you intend to continue renting out the unit after the initial month upon sales completion.

Since he is already there, you say you give him priority. And tell him Uncle, next month's rental is due

That is why your home purchase goes through a lawyer. Just get your lawyer to handle this and I am sure the ex-owner will be asked to reimburse you for the 1 week rental. It may not be a lot of money, but it is a matter or principle to chase the money back.

did he pay any deposit ?

I think the best is still to deal with it through your lawyer.

Be sure to maintain all corresondance you have made to the ex-owner in relation to your requests for him vacating the premise.

But like others have said, maybe he's caught in a tight spot at the moment, if you can, help him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Kaiser
    I think the best is still to deal with it through your lawyer.

Be sure to maintain all corresondance you have made to the ex-owner in relation to your requests for him vacating the premise.

But like others have said, maybe he's caught in a tight spot at the moment, if you can, help him out.

Can. But pay rent lah

Quote Originally Posted by vince.toh70

Pls help.
    No lease agreement and deposit?

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    No lease agreement and deposit?
    If one week, I suggest give and take lah. The bugger is probably rushing to pack/move out and transit to the new place. Perhaps not the most gentlemanly way to do it unilaterally though. Maybe you can ask him why is he still staying there and try to understand further?

Just give some indication that you will charge rental or take legal action should he persist on staying in your ppty beyond this week. Worst case is that you can threaten to "kick" him out if need be cos this is already your ppty..

The thing is that you do not wish him to become unhappy and start doing funny things to your apartments before he moves..

Quote Originally Posted by fooblackie
    If one week, I suggest give and take lah. The bugger is probably rushing to pack/move out and transit to the new place. Perhaps not the most gentlemanly way to do it unilaterally though. Maybe you can ask him why is he still staying there and try to understand further?

Just give some indication that you will charge rental or take legal action should he persist on staying in your ppty beyond this week. Worst case is that you can threaten to "kick" him out if need be cos this is already your ppty..

The thing is that you do not wish him to become unhappy and start doing funny things to your apartments before he moves..
    Like stuffing lots of hair from various parts of the anatomy into your basins and sinks and sanitary pads into your toilet bowl

But seriously, do give him a call at the earliest possible and check with him on his intended move out date. Say you got some feng shui thing to do, perform prayer rituals, contractator coming in or tenant rushing to move in (or all of the above). Remain cordial but firm.

Else you will be the one at the losing end

call the police. Illegal trespasser.

Quote Originally Posted by vince.toh70

Pls help.
    Talk to him and let him know that this is not right(unilaterally) and had being agreed, demand for the 1 week rental payment too. He should consult you at the first place.

Before that make sure you have to register as the owner with the MC. Provide them the few standard documents to officiate that you are the owner. You should register as the Owner as soon as the S&P stipulated hand over date, and put him as a tenant status.

Ask him how to resolve and if he still behave unreasonably, call the security guard.

If he still doesn't move out, say when you sleepwalk you may happen to piak piak his wife

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    If he still doesn't move out, say when you sleepwalk you may happen to piak piak his wife
    Skali the ex owner is a 70 years old retiree…

Keep cool and talk to him to find out the reason why he is not able to vacate and handover the premises. Is it because his other place to move in is not ready yet. If so, can have an U&A (understanding and agreement) with him. and charge an agreed rental for the period of extention. BTW what was the time period from SP option to legal completion. Was it less thqan 3 months. Maybe he thought that it would take a longer time for legal completion.

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    Skali the ex owner is a 70 years old retiree…
    some fetishes involve the use of dried up and wrinkled flesh

Quote Originally Posted by jc007
    Keep cool and talk to him to find out the reason why he is not able to vacate and handover the premises. Is it because his other place to move in is not ready yet. If so, can have an U&A (understanding and agreement) with him. and charge an agreed rental for the period of extention. BTW what was the time period from SP option to legal completion. Was it less thqan 3 months. Maybe he thought that it would take a longer time for legal completion.
    Fair enough. Still, the ex-owner should have the courtesy to inform the new owner thus

Also the sales completion date would have been known beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    some fetishes involve the use of dried up and wrinkled flesh
    u do have a special taste

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    u do have a special taste
    Thank You Sir!