Thread: Property Investors to Face Demanding 2011

Default Property Investors to Face Demanding 2011

From Propertyguru:

The speedy global economic recovery and fast-moving capital markets will create a demanding environment for property investors this year, said LaSalle Investment Management.

The multi-speed economic recovery will create a long, slow return to equilibrium in Japan, the Eurozone, the UK and the US, it said.

Large developing markets including China, Brazil and India, as well as developed countries, will see much higher levels of occupier demand, while low interest rates will push property prices for prime, fully-leased properties in the G-7 countries.

Meanwhile, the developed markets of Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia, as well as emerging markets, will earn strong returns through leasing and development.

Kenneth Tsang, Head of Asia Pacific Strategy at LaSalle, said, “Opportunities in Asia Pacific will remain broad-based in 2011 in the direct markets. As real estate market fundamental continue to improve, amidst a recovery capital market, there are markets offering attractive investment return for investors. Value, recovery, and growth markets exist within the region and offer a diverse investment landscape for core and opportunistic capital. Real estate debt will offer more opportunities as falling values have generated large gaps in the capital structure in Japan; lack of development finance will create more opportunities for operators with proven track records and strong bank relationships.”

With the better economic and property fundamentals across the Asia Pacific region, together with increased availability of debt and equity, the region will likely produce more investment flow this year compared to the previous years, said La Salle.

Domestic and international investors will be more active this year as deal flow increases, but the cost of debt will stay low, as many Asian countries import low US interest rates though currency pegs, it added.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators

Meanwhile, the developed markets of Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia, as well as emerging markets, will earn strong returns through leasing and development.

Buy REITS ? or do what? how come these kind of reports don't tell us what to do.

From Propertyguru:

Domestic and international investors will be more active this year as deal flow increases, but the cost of debt will stay low, as many Asian countries import low US interest rates though currency pegs, it added.
    Yay int rate to remain low........

Growth of reits heavily reliant on borrowing, debt could hit 30%
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Buy REITS ? or do what? how come these kind of reports don't tell us what to do.

report always play safe...draw on your own conclusion most of the time...

If analysts know how to make millions, they won't be sitting behind that desk earning peanuts liao
    Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    report always play safe...draw on your own conclusion most of the time...

If analysts know how to make millions, they won't be sitting behind that desk earning peanuts liao
    I wanna be an analyst, but didnt pass interview.
    I wanna be a bank mortgage officer, but never got called up for any interview.
    engineering degree not relevant meh?

I love to have insider info. as getting caught for of insider trading, that's a matter left for tomorrow.
    That briton got caught only after 10 years......1 out of the many who work in London.
    Either the rest are honest or the rest are too smart for system or authorities just too lousy or really really hard to detect insider trading.

I love to have insider info. as getting caught for of insider trading, that's a matter left for tomorrow.
    That briton got caught only after 10 years......1 out of the many who work in London.
    Either the rest are honest or the rest are too smart for system or authorities just too lousy or really really hard to detect insider trading.
    It is really hard for insider trading to be proved as most of times information are exchanged verbally and off-site.

And if you are senior enough for such information to be passed onto you, chances are your trading activities are huge and it would be really hard to prove any irregularities in your actions.

But if my knowledge are correct, most of the rain makers are heavily monitored by the SEC/FSA/MAS. So they are very careful in terms of who they speak to and what they talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Kaiser
    It is really hard for insider trading to be proved as most of times information are exchanged verbally and off-site.

And if you are senior enough for such information to be passed onto you, chances are your trading activities are huge and it would be really hard to prove any irregularities in your actions.

But if my knowledge are correct, most of the rain makers are heavily monitored by the SEC/FSA/MAS. So they are very careful in terms of who they speak to and what they talk about.
    No need to senior level, those senior level don't type their own letters, or photocopy documents themselves right?
    As long as ears are sensitive and eyes trained to read documents upside down + speed reading.......

I have a friend supporting traders in a merchant bank and his contract disallows him from buying shares and if he wants to, he has to declare to the management. I asked him what about buying through his wife, he said even that is not allowed. As he is paid handsomely, he is too scared to do anything to jeopardise his career. He was also an engineerng grad initially but did a master in financial maths, which has paved a way for him in the thriving financial industry since

I have a friend supporting traders in a merchant bank and his contract disallows him from buying shares and if he wants to, he has to declare to the management. I asked him what about buying through his wife, he said even that is not allowed. As he is paid handsomely, he is too scared to do anything to jeopardise his career. He was also an engineerng grad initially but did a master in financial maths, which has paved a way for him in the thriving financial industry since
    There are many ways to skin the cat. No need to use wives, relatives etc.

Maybe the financial institutions analyse mine handwriting, and they conclude "this person not trustworthy"

the analysts here get rich because of their highly paid salary or because of their other investments?

Don't tell me property analysts cannot buy properties? or stocks analyst cannot buy stocks they didnt cover.

backed to original topic. why is it titled "investors to face demanding 2011".

My intepretation is funds flow + low interest environment = property price up

from the article:
    Large developing markets including China, Brazil and India, as well as developed countries, will see much higher levels of occupier demand, while low interest rates will push property prices for prime, fully-leased properties in the G-7 countries.

They got all kinds of psychometric tests these days, load of bullcrap. The better brains tend to job hop in the financial industry unless you pay them well enough. The best brains however work for only a short while before they go out on their own, either starting their own funds or do trading themselves. Do you think guys like peter lim need a boss to teach him? He has to be way ahead of his peers and bosses to be where he is now
    There are many ways to skin the cat. No need to use wives, relatives etc.

Maybe the financial institutions analyse mine handwriting, and they conclude "this person not trustworthy"

For singapore, I had the impression that interest rates are set to go up, thus reducing demand.
    backed to original topic. why is it titled "investors to face demanding 2011".

My intepretation is funds flow + low interest environment = property price up

from the article:

regarding the story of Peter Lim, he was a remisier not a trader right?
    The details are sketchy, but think that his Indonesian backers banned from SGX for a few years.

For singapore, I had the impression that interest rates are set to go up, thus reducing demand.
    i didnt see that anywhere in the article regarding Singapore.

Wild Falcon will tell me to read between the lines .

Article is very general, but we come under developed countries.
    i didnt see that anywhere in the article regarding Singapore.

Wild Falcon will tell me to read between the lines .