Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDB launches sale of Bendemeer and Tampines condo sites

Wink HDB launches sale of Bendemeer and Tampines condo sites

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...112319/1/.html
    HDB launches sale of Bendemeer and Tampines condo sites
    Posted: 22 February 2011 1756 hrs
    Photos 1*of 1

SINGAPORE: The Housing & Development Board (HDB) will on Wednesday launch two sites at Bendemeer Road/Whampoa East and Tampines Central 7 for sale.

The sites are under the confirmed list of the first half 2011 Government Land Sales (GLS) Programme.

The condominium site at Bendemeer Road/ Whampoa East has a 99-year lease and can accommodate 780 units.

It is within walking distance of the Boon Keng MRT station along the North East Line.

Residents will have various dining, shopping and entertainment options at City Square, Serangoon Plaza and Mustafa Centre, which are near the MRT station.

Schools such as Bendemeer Primary, St Andrew's Junior and Secondary Schools and St Andrew's Junior College are also nearby.

The executive condo (EC) site at Tampines Central 7 is in Tampines Town which contains the Tampines Regional Centre, schools, cinemas, sports facilities and the Tampines MRT station.

The site has a 99-year lease and 660 units can be built there.

Another three new sites at Buangkok Drive/ Sengkang East Drive, Sembawang Road/ Jalan Sendudok and Jalan Loyang Besar/ Pasir Ris Drive 4 will be launched by HDB and the Urban Redevelopment Authority, next month.

-CNA/wk

Hopefully the bids will be moderate and I can find a value for money unit at the bendemeer site later of the year.

Another sign that more supply to cool demand..., will be interesting to see how land bids will be

Remember Far East and FCP surprised everybody with high bid of Punggol Central? Anything close to MRT will see hot bid as My Manhattan and Lakefront Residences already proved any site near existing MRT can sell above 1,000psf.
    1000psf with 2br 743sqft only 743k ... so yummy for HDB upgraders!!!

Even 198X 99LH HDB about 70sqm can resell for 3XXk, why same location 743sqft brand new 99LH condo which has privacy and facilities + partial renovation cannot sell 1000psf??

150 Tampines St 12 01 to 05 73.00
    Model A 1984 $338,000.00
    201D Tampines St 21 01 to 05 68.00
    New Generation 1987 $295,000.00
    241 Tampines St 21 01 to 05 74.00
    Model A 1985 $358,000.00

Hey guys, this proposed 99-year-old condo site used to house Bendemeer Primary and Beng Wan Primary. With a plot ratio of 3.5 and potentially yielding more than 700 units, it is likely to form a wall!

http://www.streetdirectory.com.ph/as...327100758&l=13
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Hey guys, this proposed 99-year-old condo site used to house Bendemeer Primary and Beng Wan Primary. With a plot ratio of 3.5 and potentially yielding more than 700 units, it is likely to form a wall!

http://www.streetdirectory.com.ph/as...327100758&l=13
    The Bendemeer site would be well received. Up graders in the area will be waiting eagerly. City view @boon Kent dbss HDB flats is scheduled for completion ceremony this weekend. Prices launched in 2008 for 5room flat of size 107-119sqm range from $536k-$727k. Believe tis Bendemeer project when launched would fetch more than $1k psf

anyone has a map of the 2 plots?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    anyone has a map of the 2 plots?
    Check out HDB website, link below with PDF on site location:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p....4?OpenDocument

Thanks for the link, the bendemeer plot is "waterfront living" other than being near mrt.

There will be fierce competition for the bendemeer site.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Thanks for the link, the bendemeer plot is "waterfront living" other than being near mrt.
    Seriously, I have never associated it with being "waterfront living" since I grew up there. It is just a river!

Seriously, I have never associated it with being "waterfront living" since I grew up there. It is just a river!
    Last time that river there very smelly and dirty one...the area behind aerated water factory used to be some wood factory and they use the river to transport the logs.

They could spruce up the rivers or big drains, whatever they call it.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default HDB offers sales sites in Tampines, Bendemeer

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...91140,00.html?

Published February 23, 2011

HDB offers sales sites in Tampines, Bendemeer

By UMA SHANKARI

THE Housing & Development Board (HDB) has launched another two residential sites - a condominium plot at the junction of Bendemeer Road and Whampoa East, and an executive condominium (EC) site at Tampines Central 7 - for sale.

Both sites are from the confirmed list of the Government Land Sales (GLS) programme for the first half of 2011. The 99-year leasehold condo site at Bendemeer Road is within walking distance of Boon Keng MRT station. The site has a maximum permissible gross floor area of 701,400 sq ft and an estimated 780 units can be built on it.

Analysts expect the land parcel to be popular with developers as it is within a matured housing estate and near an MRT station. They estimate that the top bid could be in the range of $400-$480 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr).

The EC site in Tampines is also expected to draw keen interest as there have been no new EC projects in the estate over the last 10 years. Around 660 flats can be built on the site, which has a maximum permissible gross floor area of 710,400 sq ft. The top bid for the EC plot is expected to be in the range of $250-$330 psf ppr.

Nicholas Mak, head of research at SLP International, expects there to be at least fours bids for each site.

'The recent cooling measures may slightly dampen demand for development sites in the coming months. But some developers are still looking to purchase land at attractive locations, especially those sites that are near MRT stations,' he said.

Noted Ong Kah Seng, Cushman & Wakefield senior manager for Asia-Pacific research: 'While current private home buying sentiments may have moderated, there is still a strong demand base from genuine owner occupiers, sufficient to motivate developers to continue acquiring and releasing projects at choice sites - albeit at more realistic prices.'

The tender for the site at Bendemeer Road will close at noon on April 7, while that for the EC site at Tampines will close at noon on April 14. HDB said that another three new sites will be launched under the confirmed list by government agencies next month.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default Bendemeer, Tampines sites on sale for condo devt

http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/St...ry_637805.html

Feb 23, 2011

Bendemeer, Tampines sites on sale for condo devt

By Cheryl Lim

TWO more sites with hundreds of new condominium units potentially in the pipeline are being offered to developers - one near Boon Keng MRT station, the other at Tampines Central 7.

Both are 99-year leasehold sites being rolled out as the Government offers more land to meet continuing strong demand for housing.

The first, in Bendemeer Road, intended for a private condo, is right next to Bendemeer Primary School and not far from Bendemeer Secondary School and St Andrew's Junior College. The Tampines site is for an executive condo - a public/private housing hybrid.

Both plots fall under the confirmed list as part of the first half of this year's Government Land Sales (GLS) programme.

The Bendemeer Road site is 200,402 sq ft. With a plot ratio of 3.5, the site can take a gross floor area of 701,409 sq ft.

Based on the area, the developer will be able to build up to 780 residential units on the land.

The site is also near retail malls like City Square and Serangoon Plaza. The tender for the site closes on April 7.

The Tampines site is 236,806 sq ft and has a plot ratio of 3, and could contain up to 660 units. The tender closes on April 14. Situated in the heart of Tampines Town, the plot is near malls, social and recreational amenities. These include Tampines Regional Centre, a swimming complex and a library. Nearby transport options include the Tampines MRT station and the upcoming Downtown Line 3.

The recent cooling measures may put a slight dampener on demand for development sites in the coming months, said SLP International's head of research Nicholas Mak. But he expects developers to keep buying land in attractive areas, especially those near MRT stations.

Credo Real Estate executive director Ong Teck Hui estimates both sites could see four to six bids each.

The Bendemeer site could fetch up to $330 million; the Tampines plot up to $210 million, predicted SLP's Mr Mak.

However, Mr Ong said the upcoming tender results for land next to Bishan MRT station would be a better guide to the impact of recent cooling measures.

The Government will launch another three new sites next month. These confirmed list sites will be at Buangkok Drive and Sengkang East Drive; Sembawang Road and Jalan Sendudok; and Jalan Loyang Besar and Pasir Ris Drive 4.

So how are these plots going to go for after Bishan's audacious bid?

I think more people will prefer bishan to bendemeer as the latter is in an old neighbourhood with no shopping mall and not an interchange mrt station.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I think more people will prefer bishan to bendemeer as the latter is in an old neighbourhood with no shopping mall and not an interchange mrt station.
    rationally, yes, but some people feel bendemeer is closer to downtown??

I guess it will be 650 psf ppr

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    I guess it will be 650 psf ppr
    should be around 650psf but some clown might pay 900psf outshining bishan

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    should be around 650psf but some clown might pay 900psf outshining bishan
    actually i value this site more den bishan from an investment point of view.....rental demand is better compared to bishan....but for self stay: bishan cud be more conducive and pro-family

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    actually i value this site more den bishan from an investment point of view.....rental demand is better compared to bishan....but for self stay: bishan cud be more conducive and pro-family
    Not to mention that if the buildings are positioned correctly, you will get sea view and city view for high floor units.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Bendemeer does need a shopping centre to spruce up the estate. Hope the government is reading our comments.

Bendemeer does need a shopping centre to spruce up the estate. Hope the government is reading our comments.
    Tis piece is bounded by boon Kent and Bendemeer major arterial roads in different direction, easy access to town, but very heavy traffic during peak hours. Looking at URA master plan, cannot find a sizable plot within 500m that is empty and marked for commercial or commercial cum residential. There are existing small plots but if want to do a mega shopping mall, need to pull down, also not big enough...

There is a Bendemeer Shopping Mall what lol

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Not big enough, what ecimbew meant was area need a real shopping mall with similar brands in Nex, AMK hub, J8' . maybe can teardown and put up tender....

Alamak. Singaporeans should stop this shopping mall craze. No shopping mall is not a big deal.

I say $600. the mall is useful for older folks who need to have amenities nearby and if there are no hawker centers or wet market nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    You and I know what it is. LOL