Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible Cooling Measures???

Default Possible Cooling Measures???

I believe many people are thinking the same:

IS THE GOVT GOING TO SPANK US ONE MORE TIME?

So let's have a discussion here to see what further measures you think is up their sleeves.

It could be

Extension of SSD from 4 years to 5 years? Become like HDB MOP?
    Increase SSD above 20%?
    Ban 3rd home buying? (like China)
    Ban foreigner buying?
    Increase Buyer Stamp Duty to 5%?
    Capital Gain Tax?

Please share your view.

I personally hope there will be no more measures.

And I also feel chances are there won't be anymore measures.

But I could be wrong.

Welcome your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Kaiser

So let's have a discussion here to see what further measures you think is up their sleeves.

It could be

Extension of SSD from 4 years to 5 years? Become like HDB MOP?
    Increase SSD above 20%?
    Ban 3rd home buying? (like China)
    Ban foreigner buying?
    Increase Buyer Stamp Duty to 5%?
    Capital Gain Tax?

Please share your view.
    Not advisable to do so here unless you want market to "crash/correct" so as to buy at cheaper price..

Not forgetting that there are many ppl reading this forum... Some of the measures were discussed and debated here and "conincidentally" happened to be implemented...

I think the government should study the impending external factors that will affect the economy such as food, oil, etc, before implementing more measures that will likely steer the economy into a dark period similar to last decade.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

no more measures after erection, that is my take...

HDB price will be stable and pte property price will go up but transaction stable within this one or two years especially those areas with further development will be more in demand(managing risk)...my prediction...

think the answer will lie with hong kong and china, if they implement likely to see a mirror effect

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    think the answer will lie with hong kong and china, if they implement likely to see a mirror effect
    Personally feel that there will be 1 more round soon, but minor fine tuning...

Please share your view.
    btw, are you reporter?

maybe those analysts, MPs, mimisters, developers, agents are here all the time to collect feedback...sometime when the discussion just happens here and u see news paper reporting similar topics a few days later...

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Be hard to compare with HK and China since background very different.

And if we are anywhere close to what those 2 countries are doing then market would have crashed in Singapore.

HK and China now ban further purchases for existing property owners and in China even first time buyer need to produce 5 years if tax document in the city they are buying to justify. Not to mention 50% LTV, addition taxes etc.

Singapore gvt already quite give face. Haha.

Btw China just announced new measures last week right? Don't think our gvt plan to follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    maybe those analysts, MPs, mimisters, developers, agents are here all the time to collect feedback...sometime when the discussion just happens here and u see news paper reporting similar topics a few days later...
    Agents frequent this forum i can understand. But I really doubt Property Analysts/MPs/Developers/MINISTERS will have the time to visit forum like this.

Haha. Do we really think opinions here will have a slightest amount of impact on policy making?

If so, let's start a topic on reducing income tax to 5% flat rate. Or COE premium capped at 20,000... Think if we talk about it long enough, it will surely happen.

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    See those remarks in D'Leedon thread? After some discussion and debate about the "organic" thingy, CL make some changes in marketing leh days later... So "co-incident" meh?

Facts of tis forum:

Threads: 6,898, Posts: 128,832, Members: 16,303

Believe it may be the single forum with regards to property that has the largest number of registered members in Singapore.....

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Facts of tis forum:

Threads: 6,898, Posts: 128,832, Members: 16,303

Believe it may be the single forum with regards to property that has the largest number of registered members in Singapore.....

I noticed too many coincidences liao...seriously...after lurking around for sometime...if anyone want to know the thinking of 10 percent plus pte pty owners in singapore...where can u conveniently go except here to get the feedback??

Agents frequent this forum i can understand. But I really doubt Property Analysts/MPs/Developers/MINISTERS will have the time to visit forum like this.

Haha. Do we really think opinions here will have a slightest amount of impact on policy making?

If so, let's start a topic on reducing income tax to 5% flat rate. Or COE premium capped at 20,000... Think if we talk about it long enough, it will surely happen.

it is time to wake up, this is singapore condo forum not hardware.com...talk about pte property...

16k members is quite a lot.

I'm also quite sure opposition party gets more than 16k votes every election too, don't think that has made any difference in the outcome.

All I'm saying is that policy making (especially national policy and not just some company's small marketing tweaks) are done over a long time of deliberation. Which is why most times policies are lagging market movements, especially in a fast changing market condition.

It's near impossible for policy makers to get it right the first time, by the time they collected all the data it is already 1 month late, need 1 month to analyse the data to make sense of it all ( and i'm talking a maountain of data, not just your simplistic URA home price index ) after all the analysis is done, they need to make projections and think of policies to counter any deficiencies in the economy/market/goverment.

Singapore govt has so far always done a reasonably good job in terms of pre-emptive measures. But time lag none the less.

Let do it manz...what are we waiting for...

just open the thread(like this one)..u got many owners (or to be)owners throwing views at you...but I think those who read must have an open mind to know what is actually happening, the info provided maybe treated as a complement or reinforcement to what u may or maynot already aware...

are these 10 percent plus population view worth listering to In singapore?

dun under-estimate the power of computers
    the services available to all now is to comb all the internet forums and pages to extract the "relevant" talks...and this is happening....

I know what are the web sites being comb...

with broadband connection, it is also not difficult to pin down ur IP.

Too early to say if the measures worked.... give it more time. It's only been a month.... before we get another "spanking"

If all else fails... implement COE for buying property... there're different categories... below 1600sq ft, above 1600sq ft and open category...

If that doesn't work, implement ERP, erect gantries around CCR, RCR and OCR. Pay extra stamp duty for each region. Garment can control prices in each region separately.

Learn from LTA.... sure work one

my take is still the same..80% plus housing concern already addressed...good enough...10 plus pecent let it run but in a controlled manner(price up but transaction vol stable)...

every segment happy and popularity of P+P rating up...

HDB measures inadequate, and i'm not talking about building more flats

GE coming so they may not want to upset the majority HDB owners who are too caught up with their HDB flat value... maybe after GE

Quote Originally Posted by august
    HDB measures inadequate, and i'm not talking about building more flats

GE coming so they may not want to upset the majority HDB owners who are too caught up with their HDB flat value... maybe after GE
    if that is true...what happen is policy may target at HDB, if HDB pricing soften further, no need policy to rein in pte pty price liao...as in some aspects, both pricing TREND are related to each other(for eg upgradingto pte become tougher...)

personally, no more measures needed to cool HDB flats for now before election, but measures needed to fine tune private so that HDB dwellers will go into polls feeling better that government has take ACTION to at least give them some hope to upgrade to private and that prices has not run up until they give up hope...

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    personally, no more measures needed to cool HDB flats for now before election, but measures needed to fine tune private so that HDB dwellers will go into polls feeling better that government has take ACTION to at least give them some hope to upgrade to private and that prices has not run up until they give up hope...

wow if like that, those own pte pty one will be further agitated ...same as other parties like developers, bankers etc...i think it is good to TRY to strike a balance especially with current policies which have stablise the transactions hopefully and also recent advocation from MBT to buyers to hold horse..these two may have significant impact on pte pty sales vol...

my take :

HDB valuation will be the next target ...

no more such thing as neighbour ( renovated) sold at 300k (250 + 50 cov)
    then the next unit ( original ) will be 300k valuation

the next measure will target to have a proper valuation ...indirectly impacting COV ...

Today CDL's Kwek just said this yr's pty price will drop 3-5%, so MBT can tell everyone his measures are finally working.

no need HDB specific measures. Ppl are happy HDB price is high. With pte pty price "to fall", more will feel happy as they can now upgrade easily

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Today CDL's Kwek just said this yr's pty price will drop 3-5%, so MBT can tell everyone his measures are finally working.

no need HDB specific measures. Ppl are happy HDB price is high. With pte pty price "to fall", more will feel happy as they can now upgrade easily

they can upgrade now still ... no need further measures ..

in any case they also upgrade to nearby 99LH condos ... or MM units

with or without measures they can well afford these now

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    my take :

HDB valuation will be the next target ...

no more such thing as neighbour ( renovated) sold at 300k (250 + 50 cov)
    then the next unit ( original ) will be 300k valuation

the next measure will target to have a proper valuation ...indirectly impacting COV ...
    Totally agree, valuation methods in Singapore is so primative. For HDB people only look at COV but that is such a simplistic approach to property purchase. Designed by HDB years ago to "hood-wink" innocent and un-educated population.

Same for pte property, I can't recall how many times have a heard agents telling me "Sir, bank valuation is X Million, owner only looking to sell at valuation. Last transacted is 2xxx psf, this 199x psf is best deal in the market" But what they fail to mention is bank valuation can be as much as 300k different between 2 banks, especially for smaller units. All depend on which valuer need bread on table more. And 2xxx psf was achieved on a unit 20 floors above and 4 months ago before all the cooling measures.

We need to have a more transparent valuation methods that will stabilise the property market much more than cooling measures can ever achieve.

Totally agree, valuation methods in Singapore is so primative. For HDB people only look at COV but that is such a simplistic approach to property purchase. Designed by HDB years ago to "hood-wink" innocent and un-educated population.
    Not just property valuation; look at the Fallen Talent and Car ownership policies. All these bore the same signature of employing quick-solving cum open-the-floodgates methodologies which are basically; brainless. I can't sense any ingenuity at all. When the country is running short of numbers in population; the system created an express lane for PR applications. When the number of roads being built seems capable to absorb the growing population of cars, the system releases COEs at lelong rate. And now when we talked about property valuation; seriously do we still need VALUATORS at all when there is such a no brainer way to determine the figures??