Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 99-year leasehold site at Hillview up for tender

Default 99-year leasehold site at Hillview up for tender

Saw today ST news mixed development in Hillview launching on Next week.
    All nearby projects price chiong akandatang like Bishan?

What your take?

I how it is not the empty plot of land beside hillvista and mindef. Traffic already a nightmare along hillview, with the mixed dev, will be even worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by westman

What your take?

Hillview Ave traffic is never a nightmare unless there's accident or road closures (MRT construction) on Upper Bukit Timah causing a tailback to the Hillview roundabout. That's the problem of "roundabout" design - just like newton circus will be a nightmare when there's accident/jam along any of the main roads. Anyway, with more developments, infrastructure will be added. If you look at masterplan and with railway land reclaimed back to Singapore, the plan is to build a tunnel out to Dairy Farm between Glendale Park and Hillview Park.

Anyway, the GLS land is opposite Glendale Park, presumably can get out to main road faster. Those land near Hillvista are for lowlying landed property and education institution.

Would be an interesting site to watch. No existing MRT station (unlike Bishan or Sengkang) and lower catchment of HDB upgraders (compared to Bishan or Sengkang) but got future MRT station and near nature and exclusively private. The railway land reclaimed might be developeed into some nature corridor or rail trail running all the way to the city. Probably a more "niche" site compared to Bishan or Sengkang but should see some fierce bidding.

What your take?
    Where is the exact location? What is the distance away from mrt?

It should be the huge empty plot in front of glendale, beside Mindef. There will be a height restriction, permitted to build no taller than 10 storeys i think. Location is 5 minutes walk to MRT. I think the plot of land is better used for a park coz it is really nice and serene.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama

too valuable for a park. they'll have to head to bukit timah hill for some peace and serenity.

i think mindef should shift to tuas instead (nearer to the military exercise grounds) as it is sitting on a huge piece of valuable land.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    too valuable for a park. they'll have to head to bukit timah hill for some peace and serenity.

i think mindef should shift to tuas instead (nearer to the military exercise grounds) as it is sitting on a huge piece of valuable land.

there might be some resistance to your suggestion.

Haha, it will be damn funny if all the generals have to work from Tuas.

I mean they have to do something to justify thier sky high pay check right? Think of all the useless COL/BG that is working in Mindef... All of them taking home 5 digit pay...

i see all those BGs, colonels and majors wearing uniforms in public, behaving so yaya papaya but they forget common folks like us pay their salaries, in my mind i just treat them like our servants

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Kaiser
    Haha, it will be damn funny if all the generals have to work from Tuas.

I mean they have to do something to justify thier sky high pay check right? Think of all the useless COL/BG that is working in Mindef... All of them taking home 5 digit pay...

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    HQ will never near border.
    Also, if there is military trouble, officers can quickly hide beneath bt timah hill...

Just kidding....
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Mindef entrenched in current location, doubt it will happen, will be quite a mission to move although not mission impossible...

i see all those BGs, colonels and majors wearing uniforms in public, behaving so yaya papaya but they forget common folks like us pay their salaries, in my mind i just treat them like our servants
    Look at it the other way, at least they appear confident about themselves, not look like some sissy out of this world..., the ones that justify their pay as those who go for overseas UN or humanitarian missions or chairman of annual NDP, at least we know that they really work hard...

Land price for hill view site 650 psf

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Land price for hill view site 650 psf
    I'd go with 620psf.

If the bidding price is around 6xx, it would make the first JLD white site (closed on jul 2010) looks cheap!

Unless MBT roll out more cooling measures to discourage developers to bid GLS aggressively all thanks to Bishan high bidding!

And the buyers aren't the culprit here. So don't penalize us with lower LTV.

And the buyers aren't the culprit here. So don't penalize us with lower LTV.
    Exactly! Developers should be targeted as well!

this plot got mall/retail component? if got, den 650psf...if dun have 550psf

Can't possibly go higher than 650 psf based on tannery pricing

There is no height restriction on this plot unlike the rest of the FH condos in the vicinity, which means can build to plot ratio of 2.8 (36 floors issit?). I believe the height restrictions on the rest of the Hillview condo will be removed in due course when the MRT is up and running. Should have amazing views of nature reserves all around. BTW, the view towards Mindef is also quite nice leh - low colonial buildings on a hill. Hehe. Small plot with only 200+ units. I would rank quality of this plot above the punggol one. I think rational bids around 600+ psf bah unless a crazy fellow like Capitaland put in an outrageous bid.

It should be the huge empty plot in front of glendale, beside Mindef. There will be a height restriction, permitted to build no taller than 10 storeys i think. Location is 5 minutes walk to MRT. I think the plot of land is better used for a park coz it is really nice and serene.

the access to this area is pretty restricted unless the gov decides to re-do the access areas.

mixed developement - is it necessary and is there crowd?

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Can't possibly go higher than 650 psf based on tannery pricing
    btw, it will be leasehold right? the surrounding are freehold so the psf might not be fantastic...cannot go beyond 700psf.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    this plot got mall/retail component? if got, den 650psf...if dun have 550psf
    you might be telling a price a developer should bid .....should we all say cannot go beyond certain price so who ever bid above that price are stupid/crazy and aggressive and go against the government's efforts to cool down the market....

With mindef around how to remove height restriction? If they shift mindef elsewhere and develop the land, the area has huge potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    There is no height restriction on this plot unlike the rest of the FH condos in the vicinity, which means can build to plot ratio of 2.8 (36 floors issit?). I believe the height restrictions on the rest of the Hillview condo will be removed in due course when the MRT is up and running. Should have amazing views of nature reserves all around. BTW, the view towards Mindef is also quite nice leh - low colonial buildings on a hill. Hehe. Small plot with only 200+ units. I would rank quality of this plot above the punggol one. I think rational bids around 600+ psf bah unless a crazy fellow like Capitaland put in an outrageous bid.

With mindef around how to remove height restriction? If they shift mindef elsewhere and develop the land, the area has huge potential.
    then shift to where?

you might be telling a price a developer should bid .....should we all say cannot go beyond certain price so who ever bid above that price are stupid/crazy and aggressive and go against the government's efforts to cool down the market....
    remember most forumers here say bishan worth at most 680psf?
    it turn out to be that way for most biddings except Capitaland.

With our discussion here, it probably between 550~650.. guess who will be the hero to bid 750?

can't think of any better place than lim chu kang.
    then shift to where?

remember most forumers here say bishan worth at most 680psf?
    it turn out to be that way for most biddings except Capitaland.

With our discussion here, it probably between 550~650.. guess who will be the hero to bid 750?

bargain hunter said FEO can bid and sell 1500psf so capitaland aggressively capitalised on that information......