Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: where do you stay and WHY?

Default where do you stay and WHY?

kind of curious about the factors people consider in deciding where to stay and which are the DECIDING factors.

Let me start.

I stay in AMK.

Number one reason is my in-laws and my mum stay there. I am 5 mintues walk from my in-laws. 5 minutes drive from my mum.

Number 2 reason, familiarity as I used to stay in TPY and AMK my whole life. Too used to the old estates hawker center food.

Moo.... Moo....

Dunno what got over me... I feel the urge to chew grass

East. Because I work there, family is all in east, and I feel the east side generally cleaner and fresher... .. .

Oh forgot to mention and the airport is also there.

M staying in Kovan. Have been staying there for more than 5 years and love that place so bought 2nd home there. The area is quiet yet not too far from town..

Default aiyo

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    hahaha, your post har... funny but sometimes i really think you are on the wrong forum

EAST!!!

i enjoy driving from the east to city via ECP the most......vy nice scenary......LOL

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    EAST!!!

i enjoy driving from the east to city via ECP the most......vy nice scenary......LOL
    I 2nd that

norhwest now cos family all nearby and in Malaysia but may shift to central, south or even east in future.....

The choices are always where you grow up in, where you're familiar with, where your friends and family are....

So, there's always demand where ever you are....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    The choices are always where you grow up in, where you're familiar with, where your friends and family are....

So, there's always demand where ever you are....
    quite agree ....

you must be doing too much cowgirl liao, be more creative

Moo.... Moo....
    U stay in Dairy Farm?

stay at the east, short walk to Parkway

like the beach, and convenient to near to Parkway....market....

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    I 2nd that
    Yup.. I think East is nice especially the ride using ECP to the city... everytime can see our beautiful city landscape.

Most famous eateries are located in the east ... the beach is there...

all other forms of amenities like MRT, Hawker, shopping also sama sama like other surburbs...

All man-made scenary though, man-made artificial reclaimed beach, man-made buildings etc.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    EAST!!!

I stay in the north....still have areas with the kampong charm.... but disappearing, sad.

I have stayed in Jalan Besar, Bendemeer, North East, Bukit Timah, RV and now East Coast area. I have a choice to stay either in Orchard or East Coast, but I chose East Coast in the end and no regrets since. It is very convenient and near to the CBD (my workplace), the airport (I'm a frequent flyer), and the beach (my children like to rollerblade). I heard that ECP is the most and will continue to be the most well design expressway to avoid jams to the airport, an continuous effort and our pride to show to our foreign visitors. I have no complain and happy staying here, the only problem here is that there is no MRT and my children have to take taxi most of the time when out with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by blackfire
    I have stayed in Jalan Besar, Bendemeer, North East, Bukit Timah, RV and now East Coast area. I have a choice to stay either in Orchard or East Coast, but I chose East Coast in the end and no regrets since. It is very convenient and near to the CBD (my workplace), the airport (I'm a frequent flyer), and the beach (my children like to rollerblade). I heard that ECP is the most and will continue to be the most well design expressway to avoid jams to the airport, an continuous effort and our pride to show to our foreign visitors. I have no complain and happy staying here, the only problem here is that there is no MRT and my children have to take taxi most of the time when out with friends.
    Have stay in central, north, north east, west, not yet in the east, but always like the east, great to be near east coast park and katong especially if have family with kids....

I grow up and stayed in the east all my life and will probably continue to do so....

But having said that, my investment properties are in the CCR or on the fringe of it. There's difference between buying properties of own stay and investment....

Own stay, it's about emotions

Investment.... try to keep emotions out of it and be as rational as you can be....

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Have stay in central, north, north east, west, not yet in the east, but always like the east, great to be near east coast park and katong especially if have family with kids....
    young and yet to have wife/kids?
    Rich at young! Excellent!!!!
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Staying at west for my whole life. Never try other regions.
    Have tot of moving to others but OC say for now. Must wait till my youngest boy completed his PSLE four years later!
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Interestingly a lot of forumers here stayed or like to stay in East Coast. My initial impression is that most here stay in the west, which I hardly been to, never invested(although I almost invested in one north, but dropped due as I'm unfamiliar to the location) and most likely would never stay or invest there.

LIM CHU KANG till 12 yrs old

Bkt Panjang,

Now RCR, enjoy the lesser time on road cos hardly kanna JAMs cos reduce need to take expressways.

Next house wish to move into Paterson/Grange/Tanglin stretch. Plan to do it next year when i win the 10m toto

LCK got the best investment opportunities. Lots of greenery and guaranteed to get "enbloc" by Govt.

Quote Originally Posted by ocoloco79
    M staying in Kovan. Have been staying there for more than 5 years and love that place so bought 2nd home there. The area is quiet yet not too far from town..
    i hope not the stretch in front of kovan mrt.. its chaotic n cramp n jam n.. sorry

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    I 2nd that
    me three..

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    U stay in Dairy Farm?
    Boss.... you mean OKT must only stay in geylang har?

i stay changi.. cannot be anymore lay back than this.. n im loving it..
    Love the East.. Hate the West.. (sorry)..

Quote Originally Posted by romeo
    i stay changi.. cannot be anymore lay back than this.. n im loving it..
    Love the East.. Hate the West.. (sorry)..
    Har..... how ulu can you get? (no offence) Everyday commute to work very siong right?