Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Greedy Sellers in Negotiation

Eagle Hunter

User Info Menu

Default Greedy Sellers in Negotiation

HI All,
    Would like to hear your experience in the Negiotation process when you purchase your potential home stay unit.

have you ever came across a Greedy Seller that asking very high price and will not even budge when u offer a 2% below his asking and literally sit on it and dont even bother to counter offer ? like the chinese saying "hang it up to sell"

Junior

User Info Menu

my experience is usually they will counter offer.

Junior

User Info Menu

It depends.... If your offer is market rate or higher than current market rate then usually seller will counter.... Unless that is a very good unit and nicely renovated.... Then seller very sure someone else will bite....

I always tell my friends properties is not like buying cars.... Every unit is unique so if really like it then you must offer higher to take it...

Senior

User Info Menu

I think those who never counter offer are not keen sellers. They just put the high price tag there waiting for luck to come. If got people bite, good for them, if not they can afford to hold anyway.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chillyred888
    HI All,
    Would like to hear your experience in the Negiotation process when you purchase your potential home stay unit.

have you ever came across a Greedy Seller that asking very high price and will not even budge when u offer a 2% below his asking and literally sit on it and dont even bother to counter offer ? like the chinese saying "hang it up to sell"
    what is your definition of greedy seller and very high price?

The next new thread would be "stingy buyers in negotiation".
    Would like to hear your experience in the Negiotation process when you sell your home stay unit.

have you ever came across a Stingy Buyer that asking very low price and will not even budge when u offer a 2% above his asking and literally sit on it and dont even bother to counter offer ? like the chinese saying "hide it to buy"

Eagle Hunter

User Info Menu

The counter offer is so high! Haven't TOP yet. I made an offer based on the recent caveat lodge. Rejected!
    I offered an amount higher than what other units are asking already. Rejected total 3 times!
    How much more are we supposed to pay for a so-called premium block?

Junior

User Info Menu

transaction only occurs if there are willing buyer, willing seller.
    Why are you so desperate for that desperate block?
    Seller can sense your desperation, so just relax.
    In fact, go to another agent to approach the seller, offer 3% above his asking price. When he agreed to the price, disappear. But you will know he is serious seller. no need to tell you to use a prepaid card right?
    If he refuses the offer, and up his price once more, forget about his unit.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chillyred888
    The counter offer is so high! Haven't TOP yet. I made an offer based on the recent caveat lodge. Rejected!
    I offered an amount higher than what other units are asking already. Rejected total 3 times!
    How much more are we supposed to pay for a so-called premium block?
    Is it the 1 st time u r buying a pty ?
    The seller already sensed u r so keen (or desperate). Why do u up 3 times ?

Tell the seller u retract all your subsequent offers. Walk out of this.
    There will always be a better one somewhere else.

Senior

User Info Menu

I feel greedy sellers are those who keep shifting their sell price. Those who maintain a firm offer at a high price and purely unmotivated sellers. Cos emost decent unit sellers are asking above market transaction, if they sold it to you at market, how are they going to get the difference to match up to the next seller's asking. Both can play hard to get, it's just a game of who gives in first.

I am new here...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    transaction only occurs if there are willing buyer, willing seller.
    Why are you so desperate for that desperate block?
    Seller can sense your desperation, so just relax.
    In fact, go to another agent to approach the seller, offer 3% above his asking price. When he agreed to the price, disappear. But you will know he is serious seller. no need to tell you to use a prepaid card right?
    If he refuses the offer, and up his price once more, forget about his unit.
    Good strategy. Used that before to check whether sellers are serious.
    On the other hands, you can also get many friends to help you to make unreasonably low offer to the seller to shaken his confident to sell high. To be effective, spread out the calls by a few days and each mobile/tel number to make only one offer only to the group of sellers. 6 or 7 friends are suffice.

Lastly, do note that agent often work in wolf pack! Pick the target carefully.
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast