Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Greedy Sellers in Negotiation

Eagle Hunter

User Info Menu

Default Greedy Sellers in Negotiation

HI All,
    Would like to hear your experience in the Negiotation process when you purchase your potential home stay unit.

have you ever came across a Greedy Seller that asking very high price and will not even budge when u offer a 2% below his asking and literally sit on it and dont even bother to counter offer ? like the chinese saying "hang it up to sell"

Junior

User Info Menu

my experience is usually they will counter offer.

Junior

User Info Menu

It depends.... If your offer is market rate or higher than current market rate then usually seller will counter.... Unless that is a very good unit and nicely renovated.... Then seller very sure someone else will bite....

I always tell my friends properties is not like buying cars.... Every unit is unique so if really like it then you must offer higher to take it...

Senior

User Info Menu

I think those who never counter offer are not keen sellers. They just put the high price tag there waiting for luck to come. If got people bite, good for them, if not they can afford to hold anyway.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chillyred888
    HI All,
    Would like to hear your experience in the Negiotation process when you purchase your potential home stay unit.

have you ever came across a Greedy Seller that asking very high price and will not even budge when u offer a 2% below his asking and literally sit on it and dont even bother to counter offer ? like the chinese saying "hang it up to sell"
    what is your definition of greedy seller and very high price?

The next new thread would be "stingy buyers in negotiation".
    Would like to hear your experience in the Negiotation process when you sell your home stay unit.

have you ever came across a Stingy Buyer that asking very low price and will not even budge when u offer a 2% above his asking and literally sit on it and dont even bother to counter offer ? like the chinese saying "hide it to buy"