Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Now a Good Time to Buy?

Default Is Now a Good Time to Buy?

Hi all to the experts here!

Just wondering what your thoughts are on this? Be it against and for. And if you could explain why?

Thanks again!

DingDing

from super bullish to slight bullish to neutral here

downgraded to neutral after latest cooling measures and duno whether got any more overly drastic measures in future anot tat might kill the market unnaturally

a good time to buy is when no one comes to this website to gossip about real estate. with so many posting bs news and personal opinions, the market is still hot and overvalued. so, wait for a while for the market to genuinely cool off.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    a good time to buy is when no one comes to this website to gossip about real estate. with so many posting bs news and personal opinions, the market is still hot and overvalued. so, wait for a while for the market to genuinely cool off.
    i tink u overestimate the power of this forum?

till date 16313 members only...

just realised can read postings without registering/log in......

Yes, if no more measures, prices should hold firm until interest rates start going up.

Transaction volume will be low for a while, especially in the resale market where there is a great dislocation in buyer and seller expectations.

New launch will continue to flow as developers need to clear there pipeline and buyer think they can hold for TOP and avoid SSD at the same time.

But if there is one more round of drastic measures (more SSD/BSD, limitation on property ownership, etc) then we could see some downside in prices, coupled with increasing interest rate and a diving stock market then prices will have to drop.

Decision on buying depends on whether you buy for own stay or investment. Own stay the most important thing is your must like the unit/project. Pricing is a secondary consideration. Life is short, so live a little. If for investment, don't bother to enter now unless you getting a great deal of discount.

Noticed lower postings recently in forum... very much different from a few months back...
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

I remember that at late 2008 and early 2009, there was only one posting on the whole website every two or three days. that turned out to be the super buying opportunity.

my position is very clear, off loading still

I believe govt is taking proactive measures to cool the market from both demand and supply side. Developers are giving discount in the form of voucher, like Cape is 4 or 5% voucher.

If the market is heating, then more herbal tea is expected. But it defintely will not crash unless something drastic happen, like flow of hot monies and crude.

Spoke to quite a number of agents, the secondary market is now dead.

The other issue may have to look up is the pent up demand if the market is cool for too long of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Kaiser
    Decision on buying depends on whether you buy for own stay or investment. Own stay the most important thing is your must like the unit/project. Pricing is a secondary consideration. Life is short, so live a little. If for investment, don't bother to enter now unless you getting a great deal of discount.

Fully agreed.
    For your own roof, follow where your heart goes.
    For investment, can wait.

16k members. Based on my observation in the short period i have joined only 30 member frequently post, myself included. Hardly a force to be reckon with.

But few days back was having a discussion with a couple of member about how our conversation here will potentially influence national policy

Talk about feeling self important.

Let's face it guys, we are really not that important, just a bunch of guy/girls bored at work/home.

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Noticed lower postings recently in forum... very much different from a few months back...
    it was even more quiet immediately after august cooling measures....this forum still quite hot after latest killer measures...

Fully agreed.
    For your own roof, follow where your heart goes.
    For investment, can wait.

Agree, if you are buying for investment and only can afford 1 more unit, then better wait unless u stumble on a real good deal. For somewhere to stay, if u find some place u like, well, it ok, since property is a cycle..., even if price drop...u won't feel so much pain as it is a roof over your head anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    my position is very clear, off loading still

I believe govt is taking proactive measures to cool the market from both demand and supply side. Developers are giving discount in the form of voucher, like Cape is 4 or 5% voucher.

If the market is heating, then more herbal tea is expected. But it defintely will not crash unless something drastic happen, like flow of hot monies and crude.

Spoke to quite a number of agents, the secondary market is now dead.

The other issue may have to look up is the pent up demand if the market is cool for too long of the time.
    pent up demand will create a heat up later on and leads to herbal tea....weather aso getting hot liao...lol

it was even more quiet immediately after august cooling measures....this forum still quite hot after latest killer measures...
    still quite hot? Tot hot becos of some debate over CCR vs OCR or decision to buy millions dollar views/radio waves????

Otherwise, not much of actitivies wor...

16k members. Based on my observation in the short period i have joined only 30 member frequently post, myself included. Hardly a force to be reckon with.

But few days back was having a discussion with a couple of member about how our conversation here will potentially influence national policy

Talk about feeling self important.

Let's face it guys, we are really not that important, just a bunch of guy/girls bored at work/home.
    I know we are unimportant. but that is beside the point. The point is that when the 30 or so regular forummers stop coming here to kill time, sentiments would be at the nadir. And that is the cue to buy.

I remember that at late 2008 and early 2009, there was only one posting on the whole website every two or three days. that turned out to be the super buying opportunity.
    forum can be a good indicator but definitely not tat influential

those who knows how to visit forums to check out info etc r considered vy savvy oredi....will they enter the market by listening just to BS? i dun tink so....hehe

i wud say those buy into overpriced projects like last phase greenwich/manhattan r the less savvy ones which r potentially influenced by the agts/showflat/advertisements

Haha I don't know la...

Really hope I know though....

But I just think a forum is not really a good gauge for a whole country's property sentiment.

For all we know when all the regulars stop posting is when they are all out hunting for house. hahaha...

Haha I don't know la...

Really hope I know though....

But I just think a forum is not really a good gauge for a whole country's property sentiment.

For all we know when all the regulars stop posting is when they are all out hunting for house. hahaha...
    haha...but equipped with ipad/iphone....can post anywhr anytime....recently it becomes my bed time reading liao....haha

don't believe? go visit the 1st page of the caspian thread. when it was launched, there was only one or two postings on the condo every two or three days in the first few months. No one gave a damn.

If you'd bought at that time, you would be rich today.

I know we are unimportant. but that is beside the point. The point is that when the 30 or so regular forummers stop coming here to kill time, sentiments would be at the nadir. And that is the cue to buy.
    yeah hor, where is kingkong?

don't believe? go visit the 1st page of the caspian thread. when it was launched, there was only one or two postings on the condo every two or three days in the first few months. No one gave a damn.

Don't think that is conclusive evidence though, I see plenty of other condos threads here that hasn't had a post for a over a year (uncompleted ones) Are those all good buys now?

yeah hor, where is kingkong?

he said he wana kill the forum addiction wor...lol

but i tot caspian project was very very hot during launch??? media reported leh....u dun have to visit this forum to noe the market is hot/cue to buy/cold anot? hehe

i tink recently got more tcss ppl here including myself...

Don't think that is conclusive evidence though, I see plenty of other condos threads here that hasn't had a post for a over a year (uncompleted ones) Are those all good buys now?
    speculators focus on new launches. when new launches gather no attention. the market is down in sentiment. that is the time to buy.

just look at tennery and waterfront this and that. When they were launched, there were a deluge of postings. that is a warning sign. Not the time to buy.

I followed my own rule and almost bought caspian. my wife stopped me and now she regrets her bossy way.

but i tot caspian project was very very hot during launch??? media reported leh....u dun have to visit this forum to noe the market is hot/cue to buy/cold anot? hehe

i tink recently got more tcss ppl here including myself...
    It was hot among the jurong residents, who are genuine upgraders, but not hot among the forummers who are speculators.

so the lesson is buy when the speculators are no longer interested in the market.

It was hot among the jurong residents, who are genuine upgraders, but not hot among the forummers who are speculators.

so the lesson is buy when the speculators are no longer interested in the market.
    Think now speculators are not really interested in the market, is it a good time to buy already?

I'm still trying to get my head around basing my investment decision on a forum.

Since stalin is so convinced of an impending correction, he should first get rid of his Sim Lian's condo ....

Oh one more thing, are all forummer speculators?

Oh one more thing, are all forummer speculators?
    many are if not most. devilplante, bargain hunter, teddybear, regulators. all of them have 10 to 20 properties. they are probably good people, but they can be defined as speculators, or just investors.

I have nothing against speculators, it is a honest way to make a living. and they improve market efficiency.

Speculators and investors very different leh.

If I have 10-20 properties and can comfortably hold onto all of them then I'll be quite happy.

Don't think speculators intend to hold onto anything.