Thread: DC RATE INCREASE

Default DC RATE INCREASE

Does the rate increase affects property prices?

Quote Originally Posted by ymgsterling
    enbloc becomes more expensive lor.....

DC up -> Redevelopment cost up -> Sales price up

What cooling measures?

Typical tactic. Left hand saying oh we help you afford your home by cooling measures. Right hand saying well we introduce higher DC so that right hand can collect more $$$ to give left hand to build better (read more expensive) BTO or DBSS etc homes for your first home...

In the end the winner is still the owner of the left and right hands - they collect more revenue as a result.

Otherwise, how to give an average of angbao $3000 to middle income household.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    DC up -> Redevelopment cost up -> Sales price up

What cooling measures?

Typical tactic. Left hand saying oh we help you afford your home by cooling measures. Right hand saying well we introduce higher DC so that right hand can collect more $$$ to give left hand to build better (read more expensive) BTO or DBSS etc homes for your first home...

In the end the winner is still the owner of the left and right hands - they collect more revenue as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Otherwise, how to give an average of angbao $3000 to middle income household.
    i wonder how many people here are able to get any goodie?

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    i wonder how many people here are able to get any goodie?
    Maybe if MBT say no more cooling measures...is goodies for many here..

Before collecting ang pao, need to pay more for property tax becos of re-valuation of property value. Up again and must pay before before this month end wor!!!! How's your? Up by alot too?

Goodies? it's more like poison candy!
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Before collecting ang pao, need to pay more for property tax becos of re-valuation of property value. Up again and must pay before before this month end wor!!!! How's your? Up by alot too?

i wish my property tax up a lot. it show the value of my property up also :P
    the more tax, the more up.

more reasons to buy now..

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    i wish my property tax up a lot. it show the value of my property up also :P
    the more tax, the more up.
    iff you are staying and have no intention to sell or rent.... just pay more to to nation building...

Quote Originally Posted by westman

KNS ...I really detest it...

Foreign worker levy up, dc up, land cost up,oil up -------->property price up ?!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    enbloc becomes more expensive lor.....
    not really, developer will pay less for your land if they have to pay more DC assuming the break-even cost stays the same.

What on earth is DC rates?
    Why should I care about it?

Quote Originally Posted by marc2050
    What on earth is DC rates?
    Why should I care about it?
    in a nutshell, it's what u pay the garment for intensifying the use of land.

you don't have to care if you're not developing property, or fishing for enbloc

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    iff you are staying and have no intention to sell or rent.... just pay more to to nation building...
    follow england, health care is free to anyone staying and living there. All these additional charges should go into our escalating health care cost and governemnt should come in to control them in view of our aging population!

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    follow england, health care is free to anyone staying and living there. All these additional charges should go into our escalating health care cost and governemnt should come in to control them in view of our aging population!
    "SM Lee and the eye-opening trauma in London. Monday, November 3, 2003 by Val Chua

EMOTIONS ran high on a balmy Sunday night as the normally stoic Senior Minister Lee Kuan Yew nearly broke down while recounting the ordeal his wife went through in London recently. The troubles that the couple faced - including joining a queue in a free hospital - when Mrs Lee was hit by stroke two Sundays ago, revealed how differently two systems worked. "I cannot tell you how restless and unhappy we felt," he said at a community event in Jalan Bukit Merah yesterday. "We run a (healthcare) system where you have to co-pay ... but you get the attention. There, no attention, just join the queue,"

....... When Mrs Lee reached The Royal London Hospital at 12.30am, it happened to have three cardiac arrest patients. Mr Lee was told his wife's brain problem was "not as important" as the cardiac arrest cases, he recounted solemnly. She would have had to wait till 8am the next morning for her CT brain scan if 10 Downing Street had not intervened to get her early attention. High Commissioner Michael Teo had sought help from 10 Downing Street at 2am on Sunday and she received treatment at 3.30am on the night itself. "Once upon a time, it was a wonderful hospital. But after 40 plus years ... the system cannot deliver. There's no connection between those in the system and the patients," he said. But it's the way free healthcare systems work, he added, noting that Singapore must not go down that path, even though there are calls for free C class wards in public hospitals here. ...."

I knew someone is going to say that. Dr there treats everyone according to the level of emergency and there are so many other patient as well. The service "expectation" at MM's level is different from ordinary folks.

In SG, they will be treated honourably.

Why he never visited a private hospital in UK?

I shall not elaborate more.

Quote Originally Posted by med80009
    "SM Lee and the eye-opening trauma in London. Monday, November 3, 2003 by Val Chua

EMOTIONS ran high on a balmy Sunday night as the normally stoic Senior Minister Lee Kuan Yew nearly broke down while recounting the ordeal his wife went through in London recently. The troubles that the couple faced - including joining a queue in a free hospital - when Mrs Lee was hit by stroke two Sundays ago, revealed how differently two systems worked. "I cannot tell you how restless and unhappy we felt," he said at a community event in Jalan Bukit Merah yesterday. "We run a (healthcare) system where you have to co-pay ... but you get the attention. There, no attention, just join the queue,"

....... When Mrs Lee reached The Royal London Hospital at 12.30am, it happened to have three cardiac arrest patients. Mr Lee was told his wife's brain problem was "not as important" as the cardiac arrest cases, he recounted solemnly. She would have had to wait till 8am the next morning for her CT brain scan if 10 Downing Street had not intervened to get her early attention. High Commissioner Michael Teo had sought help from 10 Downing Street at 2am on Sunday and she received treatment at 3.30am on the night itself. "Once upon a time, it was a wonderful hospital. But after 40 plus years ... the system cannot deliver. There's no connection between those in the system and the patients," he said. But it's the way free healthcare systems work, he added, noting that Singapore must not go down that path, even though there are calls for free C class wards in public hospitals here. ...."

Quote Originally Posted by med80009
    [/B]
    ....... When Mrs Lee reached The Royal London Hospital at 12.30am, it happened to have three cardiac arrest patients. Mr Lee was told his wife's brain problem was "not as important" as the cardiac arrest cases, ....She would have had to wait till 8am the next morning for her CT brain scan if 10 Downing Street had not intervened to get her early attention. High Commissioner Michael Teo had sought help from 10 Downing Street at 2am on Sunday and she received treatment at 3.30am on the night itself. "Once upon a time, it was a wonderful hospital. But after 40 plus years ... the system cannot deliver. There's no connection between those in the system and the patients," he said. But[B]...."
    obviously, locals have never been to the wax museum and they dun recognize our MM, colonial master also "Bo hiew" him

i like the innocent way you ask the question. Yes, DC rates up, price will go up.

Foreign worker levy up, dc up, land cost up,oil up -------->property price up ?!
    Civil servant pay also up, so property price also up

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...113962/1/.html