Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Condo People less tolerant and more snobbish than HDB Heartlanders?

Default Are Condo People less tolerant and more snobbish than HDB Heartlanders?

Hi,

Thought I start a new topic "Are Condo People less tolerant and more snobbish than HDB Heartlanders?" for discussion. It is not meant to generalise those living in condos or HDB.

I find that people living in condos tend to be quite snobbish and intolerant. A small little bit of noise or inconvenience, complain and complain. Call the security guards, police and all.

Anyone with similar experience? Is it because complaints can be conveniently channelled to the security guards?

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Hi,

Thought I start a new topic "Are Condo People less tolerant and more snobbish than HDB Heartlanders?" for discussion. It is not meant to generalise those living in condos or HDB.

I find that people living in condos tend to be quite snobbish and intolerant. A small little bit of noise or inconvenience, complain and complain. Call the security guards, police and all.

Anyone with similar experience? Is it because complaints can be conveniently channelled to the security guards?
    seriously

they are called Security guard for the very reason ...Security ?

why call them if your neiighbour upstairs drag the chair around ???

its becos the proper channel are not available ... or not available at night ..and security guards becomes the real victims of abuse by condo dwellers

Hi,

from HDB to condo, supposed to upgrade living experience. so have higher expectation for condo living.
    If not, pay so much psf for what then?

Landed are usually the best and most tolerant (other than Everitt Road). Everyone has dogs, so no one will complain about dog barking - and usually u see and know your neighbour better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Landed are usually the best and most tolerant (other than Everitt Road). Everyone has dogs, so no one will complain about dog barking - and usually u see and know your neighbour better.
    Normally for landed, fight/conflict arise more with regards to parking space infront of house, rather than dogs barking.

Owners normally consider the space in front of their house theirs for them to park their number 2 or number 3 cars or their visitors. So intruder anyhow park in front, may get complaints. these space is "chiop " or reserved by dustbin or chairs..Interaction between landed owners is less as each have their own space, while for condos owners get to meet each other in lifts, club house, gym or swimming pool...inevitably the more u meet, if you are good terms the more u interact and understand each other better, or vice versa, if u dun like each other the more u meet, the more complaints or fault finding will happen...

Hi,

Cos HDB dewellers alot are not civic minded. U just go 1st flr n see wat are the things u can find on the ground. Cotton butts, cigg butts. I even have a cake landed on my Car. i also kanna cigg butts on my car top causing a tar mark, lucky can polish away. First weeks of getting my new new car kanna scratch. Same goes for my father's car.

Its not snobish, its u pay to stay away from this group of losers(scratch pple's new car) .

[quote=DaytonaSS]Cos HDB dewellers alot are not civic minded. U just go 1st flr n see wat are the things u can find on the ground. Cotton butts, cigg butts. I even have a cake landed on my Car. i also kanna cigg butts on my car top causing a tar mark, lucky can polish away. First weeks of getting my new new car kanna scratch. Same goes for my father's car.

Its not snobish, its u pay to stay away from this group of losers(scratch pple's new car) .[/quot

many years ago ..in hougang where i used to live...

one morning, going to my car .. i saw sticky stuff on my windows and doors ... was wondering what it was .. i looked around ...

OMG ...

someone throw a durian .. landed on the roof of the car just next to mine ..
    it splitted open and the 'meat' flew all over and some landed on my windows and doors ..

champion ...

I'm just waiting for that idiot who will complain about my cats meowing... .. .

[quote=proud owner]
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Cos HDB dewellers alot are not civic minded. U just go 1st flr n see wat are the things u can find on the ground. Cotton butts, cigg butts. I even have a cake landed on my Car. i also kanna cigg butts on my car top causing a tar mark, lucky can polish away. First weeks of getting my new new car kanna scratch. Same goes for my father's car.

Its not snobish, its u pay to stay away from this group of losers(scratch pple's new car) .[/quot

many years ago ..in hougang where i used to live...

one morning, going to my car .. i saw sticky stuff on my windows and doors ... was wondering what it was .. i looked around ...

OMG ...

it splitted open and the 'meat' flew all over and some landed on my windows and doors ..

champion ...
    u heng it didnt land on yours! Knn must be someone who hate durians n the family bought! To throw it out of the window is winner! Mai waste ma, if its mao shan wang it good durian wor.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    I'm just waiting for that idiot who will complain about my cats meowing... .. .
    Haha, complaint king will say stray cats, need to catch and put to sleep...Think Agency in charge of this is AVA (Agri-food & Veterinary Authority - then PPD). Heard now they embark on some Stray Cat Sterilisation Project.

[quote=proud owner]
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS

OMG ...

champion ...
    My grandma used to eat durian with rice only for lunch/dinner. She told me years ago, that when I go army, don't worry about those durian falling on your heads because they have "eyes". Think quite true in your case...Heng ah!

Hi,

HDB people also like to complain, only difference is there is no convenient channel to complain or the channel is too far away to bother abt ur complains.

those condo-stayers you mentioned who are snobbish and complain alot are actually HDB upgraders who has been staying in HDBs for decades and they can't change their behavior thanks to force of habit

so they bring their entrenhed HDB mentality into condos and believe that they have right to complain just about everything - after all they saved so hard to get into this 'atas' class....i know of some like that...even in the luxury condos...

Ya.. Some do behave like they are very "atas', refusing to smile back in the lifts or get very impatient when you are trying to reverse your vehicle into the parking lot. Or maybe, it is just a Singaporean trait nowadays...

Some think they own the carpark lot directly under their unit. Maybe, it is the environment; too many people crammed into a single development..

i know a number of hdb dwellers who are richer than condo dwellers. i also know some hdb dwellers who lease out their condos to collect passive income. as for snobbery, yes, i think condo dwellers generally have a snobbish attitude towards hdb dwellers. but again those living in a brand new 5 room hdb flat in holland rd or pinnacle@ duxton will probably have a snobbish attitude towards those living in far-flung condos in woodlands, choa chu kang and other outlying areas.

Hi,

Ya.. Some do behave like they are very "atas', refusing to smile back in the lifts or get very impatient when you are trying to reverse your vehicle into the parking lot. Or maybe, it is just a Singaporean trait nowadays...

Some think they own the carpark lot directly under their unit. Maybe, it is the environment; too many people crammed into a single development..
    Totally agree.... I am staying in an old condo in a prime district, not the type up graders like to buy..... Coz they like to buy near hdb flats and mrt coz near parents house....

Here people greet and smile at each other coz a lot stay here for many years Liao..... Love the kampung feel.....

富而不骄,贫而不贱

Relax...
    Last edited by med80009; 02-03-11 at 15:23.

I hate dogs barking. Luckily non of my immediate neighbours has dogs.

I stayed in high-end HDB and now in mass market condo less than 200 units.

My HDB neighbours dont give me any trouble. He is professtional in the banking industry which I dont see him often. His father often threw me Wan Bao to my door if I did not close it after reading them cos he knew I read chinese. Another nieghbour is a full time housewife and husband only comes home once every 3 months. A good neighbour for info sharing after I told her she forgot to off her car headlight.

My condo neighbour is a young couple and my kid goes to her house to play with her two young kids. Another neighbour has a dog - barks often but I just close my door if it becomes unbearable. My boy crying noise also piss them off I guess., the third neighbour is a Professional Chinese from China with one kid.

I guess I have good neighbour at least very peaceful stay so far.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    I stayed in high-end HDB and now in mass market condo less than 200 units.

My HDB neighbours dont give me any trouble. He is professtional in the banking industry which I dont see him often. His father often threw me Wan Bao to my door if I did not close it after reading them cos he knew I read chinese. Another nieghbour is a full time housewife and husband only comes home once every 3 months. A good neighbour for info sharing after I told her she forgot to off her car headlight.

My condo neighbour is a young couple and my kid goes to her house to play with her two young kids. Another neighbour has a dog - barks often but I just close my door if it becomes unbearable. My boy crying noise also piss them off I guess., the third neighbour is a Professional Chinese from China with one kid.

I guess I have good neighbour at least very peaceful stay so far.
    Great. I think that's what neighbours should strive to be whether Condo or HDB. I mean, what is the point in complaining as it will only worsen the relationship. Not forgetting that you are going to live there for a good number of years...

Depends on what type of landed lah. My parents place never got such problem. And we know our neighbours well while pruning the garden and stuff like that. And there're more than enough parking spaces in front and not near those eateries/pubs. Those will be fine. But if landed in front is makan places than maybe parking jialat. But at least u dun have stupid neighbours complaining about minor things about dogs barking like suaku never see dogs before. Mind u, even condo also got parking problems.

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Normally for landed, fight/conflict arise more with regards to parking space infront of house, rather than dogs barking.

Owners normally consider the space in front of their house theirs for them to park their number 2 or number 3 cars or their visitors. So intruder anyhow park in front, may get complaints. these space is "chiop " or reserved by dustbin or chairs..Interaction between landed owners is less as each have their own space, while for condos owners get to meet each other in lifts, club house, gym or swimming pool...inevitably the more u meet, if you are good terms the more u interact and understand each other better, or vice versa, if u dun like each other the more u meet, the more complaints or fault finding will happen...

Depends on what type of landed lah. My parents place never got such problem. And we know our neighbours well while pruning the garden and stuff like that. And there're more than enough parking spaces in front and not near those eateries/pubs. Those will be fine. But if landed in front is makan places than maybe parking jialat. But at least u dun have stupid neighbours complaining about minor things about dogs barking like suaku never see dogs before. Mind u, even condo also got parking problems.
    Ya, never buy landed in front of eateries/pub...u get cars park in front of you house or drunkards...knocking on your doors or need to clean up their vomit ....my personal rule, if landed at least 2 lanes away...from shops...

I think it's individuals lah. No such thing as "prime" condo got kampung feel. In fact, if an area is full of tenants and foreigners, than 100% doesn't feel as homely as another place that is mainly owner-occupied. U want kampung feel, go to the older HDB flats. In fact, those condos with private lift are the WORST - 100% no kampung feel and everyone just wanna be exclusive and not see each other's face. You would be surprised some HDB dwellers are more helpful and friendly. I wouldn't judge a person just merely by the fact he stays near his parents near MRT. There are all kinds of personalities in all types of dwellings.

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Totally agree.... I am staying in an old condo in a prime district, not the type up graders like to buy..... Coz they like to buy near hdb flats and mrt coz near parents house....

Here people greet and smile at each other coz a lot stay here for many years Liao..... Love the kampung feel.....

perhaps those born in silver spoon r more snobbish....if upgrade from HDB to condo....usually ok one

same goes to landed?? depending on individual upbringing and background

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    perhaps those born in silver spoon r more snobbish....if upgrade from HDB to condo....usually ok one

same goes to landed?? depending on individual upbringing and background
    Some born with silver spoon are quite chin chai. Those who like to give troubles are those that are stuck in the middle, not here nor there.
    Yes, family background and upbringing is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpepperj
    Some born with silver spoon are quite chin chai. Those who like to give troubles are those that are stuck in the middle, not here nor there.
    Yes, family background and upbringing is very important.
    For me, my worst experience are those "wannabes", those stuck in the middle who aspire/pretend to be somebody but not there yet....

For me, my worst experience are those "wannabes", those stuck in the middle who aspire/pretend to be somebody but not there yet....
    it's ego problem loh...inferiority complex...

like those low-wage workers save like siao to buy LV bag
    or some I know stay in spacious 5 roomer HDB squeeze like crazy to afford a tiny 2 bedder condo

all about face...those are the people who will want others to perceive them in a class they do not yet belong to...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    it's ego problem loh...inferiority complex...

like those low-wage workers save like siao to buy LV bag
    or some I know stay in spacious 5 roomer HDB squeeze like crazy to afford a tiny 2 bedder condo

all about face...those are the people who will want others to perceive them in a class they do not yet belong to...
    Just look at school, asking kids to fill in family info, housing type..i heard from my friend, school even ask for their parents' annual income in bracket category...for what? wonder why tis school need to know, so that they can target their donation/fund raising activities ..MY friend refused to tick...on the form...

Just look at school, asking kids to fill in family info, housing type..i heard from my friend, school even ask for their parents' annual income in bracket category...for what? wonder why tis school need to know, so that they can target their donation/fund raising activities ..MY friend refused to tick...on the form...
    The school must be $ face. What for? I will tick unemployed and wait for the admin to ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    The school must be $ face. What for? I will tick unemployed and wait for the admin to ask me.
    I just filled up my kids form from the N1 class that wanted information abt parents occupation, education, individual, household income. Details were not requested by school but through school by MYCS... MM recently commented on educational background of parents in various schools etc.. where did you think he get the details from ?